Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Notice!

We moved!

Please visit us at our new location which can be accesed through http://forum.legendarena.com/ or via legendarena.mypunbb.com
Add Reply
Should Human Survivors be awarded points?
Yes 4 (36.4%)
No 7 (63.6%)
Total Votes: 11
Should human survivers be awarded points?
Yes. 2 (25%)
No. 6 (75%)
Total Votes: 8
Are you a Werewolf? (GAMEPLAY MECHANICS); Got some great ideas? Post them here.
Topic Started: Jun 9 2009, 01:46 AM (3,142 Views)
Brithor
Lil' Chico
[ * ]
As a request from K-B, this is a place to talk about the mechanics of the game, discuss new ideas, etc.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

K-B
Member Avatar
Farrier
[ * ]
you took your sweet sleeping time i requested this like 30 mins ago

Anyways here we go...

I've been talking to Brithor alot recently about the current game mechanics and ways to mix up the game. At the moment, it seems to be waay to easy for villagers to succeed.
It also seems a problem that Terahammer is too sleeping smart for his own good. This results in him dying extremely early in every round, which isn't too fair on him, though it is quite clear that he is a major threat to any wolf.

Here are my proposed changes to help counteract both of these problems

Quote:

The Guardian: Each night, this player can choose a player to protect from a wolf attack for that night only. If wolves attack the person that the guardian has set to defend, that person survives.

This would replace the oracle, or if an alpha wolf is also put into play (see below), become an additional player in the game.

Quote:

The Alpha-Wolf: Every 3rd night, this wolf can choose an additional person to kill ontop of the normal wolf attacks. This additional attack would start on day 1 meaning that an extra person would die by the Alpha wolf on days: 1...4...7...ect...

This would replace the third wolf.

Yeah those are my thoughts on mechanical balance changes anyways.
The idea is to
1) Stop terahammer from dying all the time
2) Make it easier for wolves to win

Yes, I am aware that these 2 points contradict each other but I did my best.

Posted Image

INSK
Member Avatar
Draper
[ * ]
:P well i beleive with Brithors new rule change it makes it easier on the wovles to win because now no longer would they stick out from not voting for an final kill and also they wont stick out so much

i like the guardian idea but it should be limitless like only affective the 1st few days and make them another player :P(also avoids the players who dont ever get to be anything to finally be something).
MY MSN DELETED ALL CONTACTS ADD ME IF YOU HAD ME: THING0NE@LIVE.COM

Posted Image

Spadicus
Member Avatar
Tinker
[ * ]
1.Maybe there could be a 'Reviver' that can bring a player back or something (this probably needs more thinking about)

2.Or if you wanna make it easier for the wolves to win, simply decrease the win ratio needed. Right now there has to be an equal number of wolves and villagers for the wolves to win - so say 2 wolves and 2 villagers remaining = wolf victory. Change it so 2 wolves and 4 villagers remaining = wolf victory ... ?

I dunno if either of these will work, just throwing it out there.
INSKredible

K-B
Member Avatar
Farrier
[ * ]
A change to the win ratio would work quite well i think, but it's quite dependent on how many players are in the game to keep it balanced, otherwise wolf victories could take place after like, 4 days.

INSK: I like the idea of trying to give everyone a go at a key role, although with a powerful role such as the guardian, it needs the ability to be taken out too (IE, if the wolf kills the guardian, no one else can be defended).
Posted Image

Spadicus
Member Avatar
Tinker
[ * ]
K-B

A change to the win ratio would work quite well i think, but it's quite dependent on how many players are in the game to keep it balanced
Agreed.
INSKredible

MoFo
Member Avatar
Goldbeater
[ * ]
A change is definatly needed.

K-B
Member Avatar
Farrier
[ * ]
Brithor, I just read the other thread and that infection rule sounds pretty sleeping win
Posted Image

TeraHammer
Member Avatar
Forum Darling
[ * ]
Well KB and others, thx for the compliments and wanting to protect me, but I bring this to myself. I dont think I earn so much honor, in spite of others. As a player I cant sit still and let things happen. I find it more enjoying making things happens myself. I suppose more invisible villagers are smarter, because they tend to live on and when the wolves are caught they get more points as survivors, but I don't care about that. As a villager I just want to catch wolfs. Aggressively. That that gets me killed a lot, so be it, I choose for that, as long as the village is a step closer to victory.

Edit: For more strategy I do like to see a guardian actually, but not on the cost of the oracle. Im not terribly fond on the alpha wolf. Maybe an extra wolf + guardian in the game? I think that would work, and might actually give the wolfs better odds, though it gets harder for them to communicate.
Edited by TeraHammer, Jun 9 2009, 02:59 PM.
Conquering the Karmina System as Exar Kun this round

ReidE96
Member Avatar
Mr. Romance
[ * ]
Well, the wolves DID gain the infection type thing. How about a guardian and a tweak to the ratio?
Posted Image
Rewards1
Posted Image

Mhuahaha
Member Avatar
Herder
[ * ]
The win ratio was set, just as a pure practical reason. If there are 2 villages and 2 wolves, the villagers would need 2 days to vote both wolves off. The wolves need 2 days to kill both villagers. Wolves are naturally stronger than humans, so the wolves will win however you put it. Increasing it is illogical.
Posted Image
Don't ask....

I AM MERELY A FORUM ADMIN. I HAVE NO IN-GAME POWERS.

Brithor
Lil' Chico
[ * ]
ReidE96
Jun 9 2009, 06:10 PM
Well, the wolves DID gain the infection type thing.
That was just for round 5. It's not implemented this round.
Posted Image

TeraHammer
Member Avatar
Forum Darling
[ * ]
I think the game is well spiced at the moment :)
Conquering the Karmina System as Exar Kun this round

Mhuahaha
Member Avatar
Herder
[ * ]
The doctor, vigilante and oracle are all nice additions. I think we had a good round as well.
Posted Image
Don't ask....

ReidE96
Member Avatar
Mr. Romance
[ * ]
Personally, I think we should get rid of the vigilante. So far it's done more harm than good, and it seems to just be annoying.
Posted Image
Rewards1
Posted Image

Brithor
Lil' Chico
[ * ]
It has done more harm than good only because it's been mis-used.
Say, if Zink had been vigilante this last round he might have got a few Wolves himself.
Posted Image

K-B
Member Avatar
Farrier
[ * ]
it is extremely annoying, though i'd still keep it in.
Posted Image

Spadicus
Member Avatar
Tinker
[ * ]
I see the vigilante role as both very powerful and very dangerous.
The power of the vigilante comes from the fact that he/she is not forced to kill every night. The vigilante chooses who and when to kill, thus spelling trouble for the wolves if the role falls into the hands of an astute player.
However, the role also spells trouble for the villagers as there is a high likelihood that a villager will be killed by accident, thus making the role a very responsible one, as the vigilante should only attack if they are almost certain about killing a wolf.
Although its incredibly annoying to be killed by the vigilante when you're just a villager, I say keep it for the time being.
INSKredible

K-B
Member Avatar
Farrier
[ * ]
what she said
Posted Image

Mhuahaha
Member Avatar
Herder
[ * ]
K-B
Jul 5 2009, 10:56 PM
what she said
If you were the vigilante, it'd be very interesting indeed.
Posted Image
Don't ask....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Werewolf · Next Topic »
Add Reply

//