Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Marina and Clara; Brazilian lesbian couple (or so we hope)
Topic Started: Jan 28 2014, 04:37 AM (4,028,170 Views)
Unregistered

Colette
Apr 14 2014, 02:33 AM
Ozbot
Apr 14 2014, 01:05 AM
Apr 14 2014, 12:23 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://gshow.globo.com/novelas/em-familia/vem-por-ai/noticia/2014/04/marina-sofre-por-clara-e-ouve-declaracao-de-vanessa-nosso-amor-e-eterno.html
Spoiler: click to toggle
I hope this isnt the case, but what if the writers are trying to suggest that its actually Marina and Vanessa who are ENDGAME?
I hope not, as I want Vanessa to get herself a hottie too
Massive block of text incoming :P

Massive block of texts are too good to be spoiler tagged :P
Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

Apr 14 2014, 02:35 AM
Colette
Ozbot

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://gshow.globo.com/novelas/em-familia/vem-por-ai/noticia/2014/04/marina-sofre-por-clara-e-ouve-declaracao-de-vanessa-nosso-amor-e-eterno.html

Hehe. Well, I don't want people to go crazy scrolling through everything cause of my posts and I know I can be a woman of many words, haha. If I should just post them spoiler-tag-free, let me know :)

Also, I added a line to it after I posted, I included it in my quote here. :)
Edited by Colette, Apr 14 2014, 02:46 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

E.T.

Colette
Apr 14 2014, 02:40 AM
Colette

Hehe. Well, I don't want people to go crazy scrolling through everything cause of my posts and I know I can be a woman of many words, haha. If I should just post them spoiler-tag-free, let me know :)

I just re-read what Ripley wrote to me. From what I can understand, it's okay if the original post is long, but going forward, when quoting that lengthy post, the lengthy post should be shortened either through the URL button or through the spoiler tags.

Colette, writing "Massive block of text incoming" was very helpful; that way I knew what was under the spoiler tags and I knew that I should read it, not ignore it. Good post, too! I hope that Vanessa gets her own happy ending, (:
Online Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Sometimes I'm watching scenes and Marina is so desperate to know how Clara feels, a little bit. And Clara never opens up lol it's painful but good to watch. I hope it ends in a great Clara declaration scene.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Colette
Colette

Wow, we'll said. You sure you don't work for Em familia? ;) such a well thought out analysis of Vanessa's character that I can get on board with. I love reading the long posts that really delve into this show, more specifically Clarina. Thanks x
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 14 2014, 02:50 AM
Sometimes I'm watching scenes and Marina is so desperate to know how Clara feels, a little bit. And Clara never opens up lol it's painful but good to watch. I hope it ends in a great Clara declaration scene.
That's why the scene where Clara says that Cadu "notices" what they feel for each other is so important. It's the first time Clara has really acknowledged her feelings for Marina to Marina, and not to every single other female in her life (Helena, Juliana, Luiza)
Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

Apr 14 2014, 02:51 AM
Colette

Wow, we'll said. You sure you don't work for Em familia? ;) such a well thought out analysis of Vanessa's character that I can get on board with. I love reading the long posts that really delve into this show, more specifically Clarina. Thanks x
Hey, if they offer me a job I'll take it :p and thanks :hug:
Edited by Colette, Apr 14 2014, 04:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 14 2014, 02:57 AM
That's why the scene where Clara says that Cadu "notices" what they feel for each other is so important. It's the first time Clara has really acknowledged her feelings for Marina to Marina, and not to every single other female in her life (Helena, Juliana, Luiza)
Marina's face when Clara says "he understands" says it all. She tries to hold on that in that moment. Of course Clara won't expand more than that lol
Clara still has the maids and Bia to talk to before she goes to Marina.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Colette
Ozbot

I hope this isnt the case, but what if the writers are trying to suggest that its actually Marina and Vanessa who are ENDGAME?

Ms. Collette adore your comments. No one could have explained as well as you. I love that you do a dissection of each character bringing a more complete and different from each perspective.
:clap:
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 14 2014, 01:37 AM
I worry Vanessa will snap after they get together because she may finally realize that Clara is there to stay and that will frighten her. She is rude sometimes now but only because she sees Clara as a mild annoyance that will pass, that Marina will get tired of. I wonder how she's going to react when she sees Clara isnt going anywhere.
This is when the writers need to bring another hot chick in to distract Vanessa and give us a double dose of the lesbian action ;) :$
Goto Top

StereoLove
Member Avatar

Ozbot
Apr 14 2014, 03:46 AM
I worry Vanessa will snap after they get together because she may finally realize that Clara is there to stay and that will frighten her. She is rude sometimes now but only because she sees Clara as a mild annoyance that will pass, that Marina will get tired of. I wonder how she's going to react when she sees Clara isnt going anywhere.
This is when the writers need to bring another hot chick in to distract Vanessa and give us a double dose of the lesbian action ;) :$
Hope so. Don't wanna see her with a man
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Ozbot
The soap isnt TLW.
Goto Top

Chin07

I dont trust Vanessa she is sneaky and her jealousy is dangerous she is going to snap especially when Clarina finally gets together
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patsy

Colette
Ozbot

"Vanessa saw the whole thing play out, she saw Marina being hurt, she was the shoulder for Marina to cry on, yet the pain she felt herself was agonizing on its own and nowhere to take it. She's decided she needs something to happen, so she gave the girls a piece of the truth to open their eyes, which worked. She also needs her own pain to end. This game being played between Clara and Marina is torture to her. She wants it to end both to finally see Marina happy again, but also so she can move on from it herself." TOUCHÉ!

OBS: Your text is very relevant and very deep. You describe the characters as if you could see their souls. It is very beautiful. You should write books. Would buy it. Haha thanks for saving a few minutes of your time to us write. And don't stop, please.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

Not truly the first time though. She's never said it so clearly, but she did say it, three times actually.

First time is right before Marina 'fires her from her heart'. In that scene she admits to feeling something, even though she doesn't know what:

Second time: The day after. She goes to Marina and says she had time to think about it, and now Marina is going to listen. Won't quote the whole text but pieces that matter:

Later, as she has dinner with Juliana and talks about the attraction to another woman, at one point she says:
'I think I'd only start an adventure like that if I didn't love my husband like I do, or if I loved that woman more than I love my husband.'

It's still an adventure to her, something she can fix. But she also says 'or if I loved that woman more than I love my husband.'
We are at that point now, she is ready to leave him, she loves Marina more than she loves him. She also knows it's not an adventure. it's very very real.

Third time: Marina uses her one foot to hobble over to Clara's house.
She admits she didn't know what to do, she was a mess. She admits she did want to pick up her calls and felt like calling all the time. She admits time isn't passing and it's hard. She admits she is suffering. At this point, Marina basically makes her move, tells her she is in love with her. The words hit her hard, she knew already but hearing them feels so much better, Clara is so hypnotized, if they hadn't been interrupted, Marina would probably have kissed her.

At lunch the day after, she is very aware she is in falling madly in love but she's in over her head, she can't stay away and she knows it's going to happen. She even admits to Marina that Vanessa has reason to be jealous, tells Marina she is... lovely. Still careful about it, but she can't help but stare and smile and gaze and Clara is in major trouble.

So she did say, she did admit. She used different words, but in a few different ways, she has told Marina her feelings. She was just never clear about or acting on them, or how strong exactly they were, the latter also because of her simply underestimating her own feelings, not realizing how deep they went.

So although saying this to Marina now, yes, she's admitting it again, but it's not the first time exactly, in my opinion.
Edited by Colette, Apr 14 2014, 04:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Chin07
Apr 14 2014, 04:04 AM
I dont trust Vanessa she is sneaky and her jealousy is dangerous she is going to snap especially when Clarina finally gets together
This. And I'm sure Vanessa will poison Clara against Marina in the future.
Goto Top

E.T.

Patsy
Apr 14 2014, 04:06 AM
Colette's post and Patsy's response

OBS: Your text is very relevant and very deep. You describe the characters as if you could see their souls. It is very beautiful. You should write books. Would buy it. Haha thanks for saving a few minutes of your time to us write. And don't stop, please.
Choosing the screen name "Colette" was a wise choice, :D
Online Profile Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

Guest and Patsy, thank you :hug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

E.T.

StereoLove
Apr 14 2014, 03:59 AM
Ozbot
Is Vanessa a lesbian or bisexual? I thought that she was lesbian... ?
Online Profile Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

E.T.
Apr 14 2014, 04:10 AM
Patsy

Haha, I'll tell my parents, they are the ones that picked it and put it on my birth certificate! :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

E.T.
Apr 14 2014, 04:11 AM
StereoLove
Ozbot

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
From what I know she's a lesbian. She didn't go with the dude to Paris cause as Marina said 'You don't like men'.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Colette
Apr 14 2014, 04:12 AM
E.T.
StereoLove

From what I know she's a lesbian. She didn't go with the dude to Paris cause as Marina said 'You don't like men'.
What I understood from that scene and others is that she is bi with a preference for women.
Goto Top

E.T.

Colette
E.T.
Patsy

Haha, I'll tell my parents, they are the ones that picked it and put it on my birth certificate! :P
Haha. Well then, tell them that they made a wise choice, :D
Online Profile Goto Top

Chin07

Apr 14 2014, 04:07 AM
Chin07
Apr 14 2014, 04:04 AM
This. And I'm sure Vanessa will poison Clara against Marina in the future.

Yes I fear she will + didnt they say an ex of Marina will show up I fear she will create a rip between Marina and Clara ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Colette
Not truly the first time though. She's never said it so clearly, but she did say it, three times actually.

First time is right before Marina 'fires her from her heart'. In that scene she admits to feeling something, even though she doesn't know what:

Second time: The day after. She goes to Marina and says she had time to think about it, and now Marina is going to listen. Won't quote the whole text but pieces that matter:

Later, as she has dinner with Juliana and talks about the attraction to another woman, at one point she says:
'I think I'd only start an adventure like that if I didn't love my husband like I do, or if I loved that woman more than I love my husband.'

It's still an adventure to her, something she can fix. But she also says 'or if I loved that woman more than I love my husband.'
We are at that point now, she is ready to leave him, she loves Marina more than she loves him. She also knows it's not an adventure. it's very very real.

Third time: Marina uses her one foot to hobble over to Clara's house.
She admits she didn't know what to do, she was a mess. She admits she did want to pick up her calls and felt like calling all the time. She admits time isn't passing and it's hard. She admits she is suffering. At this point, Marina basically makes her move, tells her she is in love with her. The words hit her hard, she knew already but hearing them feels so much better, Clara is so hypnotized, if they hadn't been interrupted, Marina would probably have kissed her.

At lunch the day after, she is very aware she is in falling madly in love but she's in over her head, she can't stay away and she knows it's going to happen. She even admits to Marina that Vanessa has reason to be jealous, tells Marina she is... lovely. Still careful about it, but she can't help but stare and smile and gaze and Clara is in major trouble.

So she did say, she did admit. She used different words, but in a few different ways, she has told Marina her feelings. She was just never clear about or acting on them, or how strong exactly they were, the latter also because of her simply underestimating her own feelings, not realizing how deep they went.

So although saying this to Marina now, yes, she's admitting it again, but it's not the first time exactly, in my opinion.
I see your point, and it's definitely something I thought about before I made my post. But in my mind what made this moment so special, and why it was so important to both us as the viewers, and Marina, is because it's the first time Clara has brought up her feelings on her own, instead of just replying to things Marina has said to her. It's also the first time she's been truly confident with expressing her feelings, all the other times you mentioned she either says "I don't know well" or she is very vague.

To me, this scene was the first real time she's verbally, and not just physically, acknowledged her attraction to Marina. And the look on Marina's face tends to agree with me. She didn't expect it, this isn't how Clara usually deals with their situation.
Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

E.T.
Apr 14 2014, 04:14 AM
Colette
E.T.

Haha. Well then, tell them that they made a wise choice, :D
I will pass it along to them for sure :p
Offline Profile Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

Apr 14 2014, 04:23 AM
Colette
I see your point, and it's definitely something I thought about before I made my post. But in my mind what made this moment so special, and why it was so important to both us as the viewers, and Marina, is because it's the first time Clara has brought up her feelings on her own, instead of just replying to things Marina has said to her. It's also the first time she's been truly confident with expressing her feelings, all the other times you mentioned she either says "I don't know well" or she is very vague.

To me, this scene was the first real time she's verbally, and not just physically, acknowledged her attraction to Marina. And the look on Marina's face tends to agree with me. She didn't expect it, this isn't how Clara usually deals with their situation.
That's true, this is the first time she brought it up to Marina herself, she's realizing she may indeed love Marina more than her husband and her whole life is about to explode. It shows her confidence and how dedicated she is to her and the two of them together. She's finally accepting it.
Addition: The trigger was also concern for Marina, she felt Marina was treated so poorly by Cadu, she knew she was hurt by it. She went there not only cause she needed to see her and to hold her for herself, but she needed to reassure her, comfort her. Her Marina was hurt. She had to do something.
Edited by Colette, Apr 14 2014, 04:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patsy

E.T.
StereoLove
Ozbot

I'm not sure. Maybe she's one of those free people of definitions. She told Marina that already had some relapse with men, so.. For now, for me, the Van is unknown in relationship to sexuality. So in general I know Marina is her whole life.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

I think Vanessa is a lesbian because I remember that some guy ask her out but she don't want to come and Marina ask her why then Marina answer her own question of "I know you don't like guys" and Van. answered that she don't want to come because she want to help out Marina instead"
Goto Top

Unregistered

Is taina dating anyone right now ?
Goto Top

Unregistered

Hey there, lets give more views to that Clarina's videos girls, I think is better if we re-watch the videos in the official site

Clarina's Videos
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 14 2014, 04:44 AM
She is married
Goto Top

StereoLove
Member Avatar

She's married
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

she is dating her husband ^_^
Goto Top

Unregistered

Every time I watch the dance scene and Clara tells Marina; "I'm not a good dancer", this comes to my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8fUfBhpLM
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic