Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Marina and Clara; Brazilian lesbian couple (or so we hope)
Topic Started: Jan 28 2014, 04:37 AM (4,059,450 Views)
Unregistered

my favorite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwJxomNuDY
Goto Top

E.T.

rv2428
Apr 14 2014, 12:37 AM
E.T.
Apr 14 2014, 12:35 AM
rv2428
Apr 14 2014, 12:31 AM
Spoiler: click to toggle
Totally up to you. My favorite moment has already been gif'd. (: But I know that you a good job with these things, so do as you like, (:
Okay who is your favorite?
Out of the two, Gio.
Online Profile Goto Top

rv2428

E.T.
Apr 14 2014, 12:58 AM
rv2428
E.T.
Apr 14 2014, 12:35 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Okay who is your favorite?
Out of the two, Gio.
Oh okay gotcha lol I find marina :wub: I know you said the gif was put up but which one was it if you don't mind me asking?
Edited by rv2428, Apr 14 2014, 01:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 14 2014, 12:23 AM
Apr 13 2014, 11:45 PM
this must be where that spoiler about marina fearing losing the interest in clara comes from, although clearly not the case lol

translating
I hope this isnt the case, but what if the writers are trying to suggest that its actually Marina and Vanessa who are ENDGAME?
I hope not, as I want Vanessa to get herself a hottie too
Goto Top

E.T.

rv2428
Apr 14 2014, 01:02 AM
E.T.
rv2428

Out of the two, Gio.
Oh okay gotcha lol I find marina :wub: I know you said the gif was put up but which one was it if you don't mind me asking?
The boob smash, :D

;)
Edited by E.T., Apr 14 2014, 01:10 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Ozbot
Apr 14 2014, 01:05 AM
this must be where that spoiler about marina fearing losing the interest in clara comes from, although clearly not the case lol

translating
I hope this isnt the case, but what if the writers are trying to suggest that its actually Marina and Vanessa who are ENDGAME?
Not gonna lie, my heart sank a little after reading that. Got to try and stay positive... I hope it's not all about the chase for Marina. I mean, it doesn't seem that way but I just have a feeling that whole scene will irritate me tomorrow even though I do really like Vanessa.
Goto Top

rv2428

E.T.
Apr 14 2014, 01:09 AM
rv2428
Apr 14 2014, 01:02 AM
E.T.

The boob smash, :D

;)
Cool lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

E.T.

Ozbot

translating
The first time I saw Vanessa and heard her dialogue with _____ (Marina? Marina/Clara?), I thought that Vanessa was (extremely) jealous of Clara at that moment in time, i.e. that her anger/behavior was due to jealousy....
Online Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 14 2014, 01:11 AM
Ozbot

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://gshow.globo.com/novelas/em-familia/vem-por-ai/noticia/2014/04/marina-sofre-por-clara-e-ouve-declaracao-de-vanessa-nosso-amor-e-eterno.html
Not gonna lie, my heart sank a little after reading that. Got to try and stay positive... I hope it's not all about the chase for Marina. I mean, it doesn't seem that way but I just have a feeling that whole scene will irritate me tomorrow even though I do really like Vanessa.
x2
Goto Top

Patsy

Ozbot

translating
I think maybe she's scared about the seriousness of the situation. The other women that she fell in love with and disappointed obviously weren't married, didn't have much to lose. Clara has a lot to lose. I think it's driving full of uncertainties.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Ozbot

translating
I don't think they are, Marina adores Vanessa but she can't ever love her the way Vanessa wants to be loved by Marina.
I like that they address this, much like they had Helena that one time ask Clara if maybe she was just fascinated with Marina's world. These are valid questions and it's good they're faced with that because then they'll prove it wrong.
Marina is the type who has gone through quick relationships looking for the one and who's to say this wouldn't be another case? But she feels different about Clara, she has said it before. And she surely is putting up with a lot to be with Clara. But once they get together we'll know if they're here to stay. Cause if now things are hard, the two of them being a couple won't be easier.
I'm sure they'll make it though and that's how the story will go. They're made for each other, and all that they get from each other is proof of that.
Vanessa will keep fighting, but even she has said she never saw Marina suffer like this. One day Vanessa will move on too and find someone else. :wub:
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 14 2014, 01:13 AM
Apr 14 2014, 01:11 AM
Ozbot

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://gshow.globo.com/novelas/em-familia/vem-por-ai/noticia/2014/04/marina-sofre-por-clara-e-ouve-declaracao-de-vanessa-nosso-amor-e-eterno.html
x2
Just waiting to see the episode tomorrow, sometimes in the official website exaggerate a bit the context of things.
^o)
Goto Top

Unregistered

I think that's a great and very realistic dialogue. And I can even understand if Marina tried to believe that herself, to make her pain easy a bit. Except that won't happen.
Goto Top

purplehaze
Member Avatar

translating
thank you. this is most interesting. they're both so scared that this love is the one that will overtake them both. marina sort of doesn't want to love someone this much so she's hopping once she gets her it'll pass but i think she senses this is different. van is terrified this isn't like the other infatuations and her place in marina's life will slip away--even as she says their life will return to normal i don't think she believes it. if she did would she be so hostile to clara? would she take so many digs at her? hmmm... can't wait to see how this plays out. i honestly see marina as a woman in love for the first time in her life and she's a little lost. of course don't fall in love with a married straight woman :-/
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

what i dig about this soap is how they do like real life things and have real life dialogues. it doesn't feel forced or scripted, it could be you or your neighbours, going to the fair, to their way to school, in family reunions. it just feels very real to me
Goto Top

Unregistered

purplehaze
Apr 14 2014, 01:23 AM

translating
thank you. this is most interesting. they're both so scared that this love is the one that will overtake them both. marina sort of doesn't want to love someone this much so she's hopping once she gets her it'll pass but i think she senses this is different. van is terrified this isn't like the other infatuations and her place in marina's life will slip away--even as she says their life will return to normal i don't think she believes it. if she did would she be so hostile to clara? would she take so many digs at her? hmmm... can't wait to see how this plays out. i honestly see marina as a woman in love for the first time in her life and she's a little lost. of course don't fall in love with a married straight woman :-/
I feel like Marina is that woman who always had control over her love and her relationships. She'd get in them when she wanted, she'd leave them when she wanted. Over and done. But now she's lost. It took over her and that's where she feels the difference. She doesn't know how to make it go away and it's eating her. We can see how much more vulnerable she was become.
Goto Top

Patsy

Apr 14 2014, 01:18 AM
I think that's a great and very realistic dialogue. And I can even understand if Marina tried to believe that herself, to make her pain easy a bit. Except that won't happen.
Marina is worried about the consequences for Clara. Because she must think "what if Vanessa is correct? and if I lose interest in Clara when taking her to bed, and if all of this is a whim? " she cares for her. Because if that happens the clear will be the biggest harmed. This must be the new dilemma. I think the story was very well written. I in place of Marina, I would consider about that, too. Because that's what we do when we like someone. ^_^
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Patsy
Apr 14 2014, 01:29 AM
Apr 14 2014, 01:18 AM
Marina is worried about the consequences for Clara. Because she must think "what if Vanessa is correct? and if I lose interest in Clara when taking her to bed, and if all of this is a whim? " she cares for her. Because if that happens the clear will be the biggest harmed. This must be the new dilemma. I think the story was very well written. I in place of Marina, I would consider about that, too. Because that's what we do when we like someone. ^_^
Me too. And I'd consider it for myself too. Because there's also so much that is different between them. What if it's different when they finally get together?
Goto Top

purplehaze
Member Avatar

i love this board. lots of fun and real enjoyment and respect for shared thoughts (most of the time). yay #clarina
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

purplehaze
Apr 14 2014, 01:23 AM

translating
Yeah. Both of their situations easy to understand.
I think Marina knows this is the real deal though, because if at first it was all about maybe getting Clara to her bed, we look at things now and Marina is so different in the way she goes for this love. She's so careful, scared of letting it fall and break, it's about getting into Clara's heart forever. And so does Vanessa feel this it. But Vanessa hopes Clara never chooses Marina.
Goto Top

Unregistered

I worry Vanessa will snap after they get together because she may finally realize that Clara is there to stay and that will frighten her. She is rude sometimes now but only because she sees Clara as a mild annoyance that will pass, that Marina will get tired of. I wonder how she's going to react when she sees Clara isnt going anywhere.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 14 2014, 01:37 AM
I worry Vanessa will snap after they get together because she may finally realize that Clara is there to stay and that will frighten her. She is rude sometimes now but only because she sees Clara as a mild annoyance that will pass, that Marina will get tired of. I wonder how she's going to react when she sees Clara isnt going anywhere.
I think they've been building this Vanessa jealousy for something. I believe at some point something is gonna snap. I don't know where it's going, but it must be going somewhere. As long as in the end Marina and Vanessa stay friends :wub:
Goto Top

Crissa
Member Avatar

E.T.
Apr 13 2014, 10:30 PM
Crisabel4-ever
Apr 13 2014, 09:11 PM
E.T.
Apr 13 2014, 08:12 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/eab944bc997c11e3be7b127350eb0e37_8.jpghttp://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/e3eadca8b92111e397a1122ae8a08625_8.jpghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn1p3BSUMA0 Uma Noite e Meia, sung by Alinne Rosa & Daniela Mercury. Be sure to see all the way to the end of the song, ;) :P (You will not be disappointed... {LOL})

For those of who you don't want to have to listen to the whole song, this is what happened at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEeCBR55kGs

And for those of you who don't know the song, it was written by an out Brasilian singer, Marina Lima, and she's written about a night of seduction on the beach on a hot summer night. The English translation of the title is "A Night and a Half."

And regarding that kiss, yes, there was a big fuss about it when it happened. That's actually how I found out about this song (and Marina Lima). Later on that year, Daniela and Alinne sang that song again during Carnaval, so there are other versions of that song {and their kissing}, but I like this one the best. The original version of the song--Marina's version--is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4FXPTwjIok&feature=kp

Oh, what luck! I just found the English translation to the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvTHMfB-c0U In case that video disappears, here's a cut and paste of what is there:

And, yes, this is O/T, but it *does* fit in with all of the kissing discussion that's been going on. And you *will* see two famous Brasilian singers kissing. So, enjoy! (:

Edited to add: I just went back to read some of those "beijo polemico" articles that I read online way back in 2008 and I am noticing that the first few are from ego.globo.com Are Globo.com and Globo (t.v.) owned by the same parent company?
AAAARRRRGGGG! Blocked in my country!!!!!!
I thought that you are in the U.S. I am in the U.S. and I can see all of those videos.

Since I linked a few videos, I do not know which one you are trying to see but can't.

If you do a a google search with the correct parameters, you should be able to find what you are looking for. For example, to find the Uma noite e meia song sung by Daniela and Alinne, I typed in Daniela Mercury Alinne Rosas beijo and a whole bunch of different links came up. Since I had done all of this leg work in 2008/2009, I knew what to type to get what I was looking for. (: Hope that this helps! (:
Am in US don't why none of those on your post work for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

don't quote that post again! lol the long link messes up the board.

they've sort of let go Marina's father finalcial problems for now. i wonder if they'll pick that up.
Goto Top

StereoLove
Member Avatar

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlJYmIpCYAEiSqc.jpg This melts my heart :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

StereoLove
Apr 14 2014, 01:57 AM
So beautiful. :wub: I love the way Clara is grabbing Marina's hair.
Both in this and the neck kiss, Clara actually moves herself in a way of "offering" herself to be kissed.
Goto Top

E.T.

Crisabel4-ever
Apr 14 2014, 01:52 AM
Am in US don't why none of those on your post work for me.
I've put it under a spoiler tag for you.

I'm using Firefox. Maybe that's why I can see them and you can't? Which video are you trying to see?
Online Profile Goto Top

Crissa
Member Avatar

Tried to watch all 3 but all say not available. I'm on iPad maybe that's the problems. Thanks anyway, really appreciate your trying to help! :hug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crissa
Member Avatar

All right guys tonight going to bed early since only 2 hours last night. Maybe I'll get sprung from this joint this week! :fingcross:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Crisabel4-ever
Apr 14 2014, 02:20 AM
All right guys tonight going to bed early since only 2 hours last night. Maybe I'll get sprung from this joint this week! :fingcross:
goodnight!
https://24.media.tumblr.com/ebd0319bd036eb2954a69c8656aa8b94/tumblr_n3zt6vcIa41qgpezho1_r1_250.gif
Goto Top

Crissa
Member Avatar

Apr 14 2014, 02:21 AM
Crisabel4-ever
Apr 14 2014, 02:20 AM
goodnight!
https://24.media.tumblr.com/ebd0319bd036eb2954a69c8656aa8b94/tumblr_n3zt6vcIa41qgpezho1_r1_250.gif
Thank you! Something to dream about mmmmmmmmm
Offline Profile Goto Top

E.T.

Crisabel4-ever
Apr 14 2014, 02:18 AM
Tried to watch all 3 but all say not available. I'm on iPad maybe that's the problems. Thanks anyway, really appreciate your trying to help! :hug:
Hmmm. That could be. I am using a Mac laptop. I would think that they should work on your iPad. They are all from youtube; maybe that's the problem? (Has the hospital blocked you tube?)
Online Profile Goto Top

lud
Unregistered

OT: I want Margaery and Sansa to sex dance like Clara and Marina.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Am I going crazy, or in the scene with the almost kiss (in the wide shot when you can see both Clara and Marina's profiles), when Marina is slowly coming towards Clara, does it look like Clara kind of nods her head, as in to say "yes, you can kiss me"?

I know it doesn't really fit, as Marina definitely does not kiss her, but every time I watch that scene, it totally looks to me that Clara is telling her to go for it.
Goto Top

Colette
Member Avatar

Ozbot

translating
Massive block of text incoming :P

Edited by Colette, Apr 14 2014, 02:46 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic