Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Disney's Frozen; Elsa gay?
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 10:25 PM (25,287 Views)
Unregistered

Does someone have thoughts about the new Disney movie Frozen? I can't help, but think that Elsa's story is story about coming out..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Elsa growing up being told to hide who she is, then finally accepting her powers and opening up to her sister at the end can be interpreted as a metaphor for homosexuality, yeah.

I think it'd be wonderful if Disney had a gay princess, but unfortunately I can't see it happening for a loooong time. The best we're going to get is "doesn't have a love story" like Elsa and Merida. It's a shame because kids wouldn't mind at all, it's the parents.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 13 2013, 10:38 PM
Elsa growing up being told to hide who she is, then finally accepting her powers and opening up to her sister at the end can be interpreted as a metaphor for homosexuality, yeah.

I think it'd be wonderful if Disney had a gay princess, but unfortunately I can't see it happening for a loooong time. The best we're going to get is "doesn't have a love story" like Elsa and Merida. It's a shame because kids wouldn't mind at all, it's the parents.
I agree that "doesn't have a love story" is probably the best we are going to get right now. Maybe a few years down the line they will have a supporting character be gay or lesbian but I can't see them making a main character gay/lesbian in the current climate. I think Disney is still a little too afraid to broach that subject without it being metaphorical like it is here with Frozen being that these movies are marketed to kids. Kids probably don't care but I could see parents and certain parts of the media making a big fuss about it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I definitely got the whole coming out metaphor. Elsa could also be a metaphor for talented kids told to suppress what makes them special in favor of fitting in.

But I would like to think Elsa might be gay as something that could have some merit. After all:
Spoiler: click to toggle

See I think the big difference between Merida and Elsa is age. Where Merida is still a teenager (16 to be exact), so let's be real here? Who has all their romance and sexuality stuff figured out by then? Elsa is a little more mature, now according to some material I've read is 21 at the age of her coordination. Old enough to drink in the USA. That's about the age I was when I fully figured out I was gay, give or take a year. So who knows? Maybe? Will Disney straight up admit that's what they were going for? Well no. Although they are gay friendly in terms of employee benefits and theme park days and what not. But there is a lot of coding in the villains that they could be interpreted as gay so not so friendly on that part. And I'm done rambling.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 13 2013, 10:53 PM
I definitely got the whole coming out metaphor. Elsa could also be a metaphor for talented kids told to suppress what makes them special in favor of fitting in.

But I would like to think Elsa might be gay as something that could have some merit. After all:
Spoiler: click to toggle

See I think the big difference between Merida and Elsa is age. Where Merida is still a teenager (16 to be exact), so let's be real here? Who has all their romance and sexuality stuff figured out by then? Elsa is a little more mature, now according to some material I've read is 21 at the age of her coordination. Old enough to drink in the USA. That's about the age I was when I fully figured out I was gay, give or take a year. So who knows? Maybe? Will Disney straight up admit that's what they were going for? Well no. Although they are gay friendly in terms of employee benefits and theme park days and what not. But there is a lot of coding in the villains that they could be interpreted as gay so not so friendly on that part. And I'm done rambling.
Why is it younger people know their sexuality they get belittled by people who were in the closet longer, maybe some people have it easier than others, pretty simple, nothing determined by age
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Okay maybe I worded that bad but what I'm trying to say is that dude, Merida's 16. She is a kid. It's totally fine that she doesn't want to get married. I guess my point is more about WANTING to get married and maturity therein rather that WHO to get married to. I'm not trying to belittle anyone who knew who they were as a teenager. Sorry.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

is elsa gay?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

whatever,

Is the reindeer funny? Like Maximus from Tangled /ish

(Have not seen it yet)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 13 2013, 11:44 PM
whatever,

Is the reindeer funny? Like Maximus from Tangled /ish

(Have not seen it yet)
Yeah, the reindeer and talking snowman are very amusing. It's a great movie, I can't see any Disney fan not enjoying it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nothing is gayer than Mulan, her cover up dude name was Ping of all things.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Glad I am not the only one who thinks Elsa pings.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 14 2013, 12:23 AM
I don't know about ping but the scene where she makes her ice castle and her hair is all messed up is my favorite part I'm glad they didn't give her a love interest

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 14 2013, 12:18 AM
:rofl:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 14 2013, 12:28 AM
I don't know about ping but the scene where she makes her ice castle and her hair is all messed up is my favorite part I'm glad they didn't give her a love interest

Yeah, she looks absolutely beautiful.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I WATCHED THIS LAST NIGHT I KEPT THINKING SHES LESBO hahaa like it seemed like she hated men
Quote Post Goto Top

Hermione
Member Avatar

Exactly what I thought when I heard the title song by Demi Lovato. It's almost as gay as Reflections by Christina Aguilera.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

In cannon Elsa is not gay. But she is not straight either. Guess we will never know. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

lmao
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 14 2013, 03:38 PM
In cannon Elsa is not gay. But she is not straight either. Guess we will never know. :D
Does it mean she is bisexual??
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 15 2013, 12:53 AM
No it means that the movie didn't deal or hint about her sexuality for all we know she's asexual
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

LOL. I remember thinking this exact same thing :rofl:

Really Mulan bordered on that line of hetero/homosexuality. I still think Shang was gay he was totally into Mulan when she was Ping.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 15 2013, 01:00 AM
No it means that the movie didn't deal or hint about her sexuality for all we know she's asexual
One could even say that she's...frigid :rimshot:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 15 2013, 01:12 AM
Dec 15 2013, 01:00 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
One could even say that she's...frigid :rimshot:
oh boy smh
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Why the hell do people are about the sexuality of a cartoon character whose storyline has nothing to do with love or sex? Who gives a shit if she is straight or gay? People spend way too much time overanalyzing this kind of thing. Leave it as it is. A great movie without a love interest and a powerful message of being who you are in spite of what others say.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I think the last Disney movie I saw in a theater was Wall-E. Wondering if I should see this or The Wolf of Wall Street. I think I'm going to go double feature today. :gaypimp:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Omg is she really a lesbian? Lesbian princess new idol!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I saw it last night, it was great. I loved how important family was in this. True love... I saw it with my sister, it made her cry.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 13 2013, 10:25 PM
Does someone have thoughts about the new Disney movie Frozen? I can't help, but think that Elsa's story is story about coming out..
Posted Image

From /tv/

Posted Image

http://imgur.com/3jpA3az
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 1 2014, 02:48 AM
Dec 13 2013, 10:25 PM
Posted Image

From /tv/

Posted Image

http://imgur.com/3jpA3az
i am dYING at "look at what my fingers can do"
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Well, we know she not "fluid" because...you know...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

There are people that ship the sisters? :blinkwide:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 14 2013, 03:44 PM
lmao
OMG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 1 2014, 03:14 AM
Yuck
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 1 2014, 03:17 AM
Jan 1 2014, 03:14 AM
Yuck
"Elsanna" the ship is called.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply