Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Dracula (NBC, 2013); Lucy Westenra (Katie McGrath) is a lesbian character.
Topic Started: Oct 25 2013, 03:22 PM (150,837 Views)
Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 12:07 AM
I personally love Katie McGrath as a blonde. More so than brunette. Just tossing that here.
x1000! I remember watching the episode where she played a lesbian on the programme Dates, and I thought she was attractive, but I didn't like her in that way. But as a blonde, wow, I could just stare at her pretty face all day :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 12:29 AM
I personally love Katie McGrath as a blonde. More so than brunette. Just tossing that here.
x1000! I remember watching the episode where she played a lesbian on the programme Dates, and I thought she was attractive, but I didn't like her in that way. But as a blonde, wow, I could just stare at her pretty face all day :wub:
Same. I saw her face on my tumblr a lot and thought she was pretty. But now, as a blonde she's just :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I am 100% gay but I must say I find Jonathon Rhys myers hotter than lucy and mina combined. Those two actress just dont do it for me or they are just not right for the roles, even though i like morgana actress
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 12:43 AM
Nov 10 2013, 12:29 AM
Same. I saw her face on my tumblr a lot and thought she was pretty. But now, as a blonde she's just :wub:
Supposedly she's a natural blond so that's why it works so well for her.

Nov 10 2013, 01:02 AM
I am 100% gay but I must say I find Jonathon Rhys myers hotter than lucy and mina combined. Those two actress just dont do it for me or they are just not right for the roles, even though i like morgana actress
Jonny will always be Elvis in my eyes.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

:blinkwide:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Weird. My roommate (who is a gay male) and I were just talking about how Jonathan RM. looks so gaunt and not this good anymore.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:10 AM
Weird. My roommate (who is a gay male) and I were just talking about how Jonathan RM. looks so gaunt and not this good anymore.
i have the opposite reaction. i never particularly cared for him. i thought it was totally silly that he was cast as henry viii. but i think he is well cast and does a good job in this role. i also think his acting has gotten a lot better over the years. he really holds my attention here. can't say the same about the bore who plays mina. i do like lucy though.

also, are people serious complaining that dracula looks "gaunt"? really? :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I like Mina. Maybe it's because Jess seems like a fun person and I like her, because tbh I also feel like I like Lady Jayne so much because Victoria Smurfit is pretty cool.

What were those pics that were linked too on the last page? I'm getting a 404 error now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:15 AM
i have the opposite reaction. i never particularly cared for him. i thought it was totally silly that he was cast as henry viii. but i think he is well cast and does a good job in this role. i also think his acting has gotten a lot better over the years. he really holds my attention here. can't say the same about the bore who plays mina. i do like lucy though.

also, are people serious complaining that dracula looks "gaunt"? really? :lol:
:D Lol I realize right when I typed "gaunt" I'd get that reaction. And no, it just looks like his hard partying/drinking is taking its toll on his appearance. Don't know, personally it's meh for me. I like him fine. It's all about Mina and Lucy for me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The actress who plays Mina has a picture of Mina and Lucy as her twitter icon. Cute.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Gaunt? He's practically bloated compared to how he used to be younger.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:26 AM
The actress who plays Mina has a picture of Mina and Lucy as her twitter icon. Cute.
Yeah, she seems to really like their relationship. She gets on very well with Katie (and Victoria).
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:28 AM
Gaunt? He's practically bloated compared to how he used to be younger.
true he's a lot more muscular and heavier than he was in the velvet goldmine days. most likely the guy doesn't find him attractive now cause he's older. i swear so many gay boys are seriously ageist.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

That guy has always made me feel uncomfortable but this role really creeps me out. I think its the mustache. Its creepy. He also plays a very creepy, slimy kind of sexual which disturbs me. I just mean the way he talks to Lady Jane and behaves around her when they're getting things on. He's not as gross when he's just going about his day as a vampire lol

Katie is beautiful though. The second i saw her in dates i cursed the skies for her not being gay in real life and then cursed the skies again because i figured i would never see her play gay again. I need to apologize to the skies I guess.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:33 AM
That guy has always made me feel uncomfortable but this role really creeps me out. I think its the mustache. Its creepy. He also plays a very creepy, slimy kind of sexual which disturbs me. I just mean the way he talks to Lady Jane and behaves around her when they're getting things on. He's not as gross when he's just going about his day as a vampire lol

Katie is beautiful though. The second i saw her in dates i cursed the skies for her not being gay in real life and then cursed the skies again because i figured i would never see her play gay again. I need to apologize to the skies I guess.
JRM has said though that Dracula is supposed to be a villain, so he's supposed to look and act like a creeper. We're not actually supposed to sympathize with him. So I guess he succeeded, because I totally agree. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:23 AM
I like Mina. Maybe it's because Jess seems like a fun person and I like her, because tbh I also feel like I like Lady Jayne so much because Victoria Smurfit is pretty cool.

What were those pics that were linked too on the last page? I'm getting a 404 error now.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about Mina and Lady Jayne. I like the actresses that portray them more than the characters thus far. I'd actually think Lady Jayne was bad ass if she didn't spend almost all her screen time last episode fuck drunk by Dracula. But Jayne grabbing him by the throat as he slowly slithered up the bed was my second favorite moment after all the Lucy scenes. Mina is just frustrating.

Promo 1x05 - 1
Promo 1x05 - 2

Sad panda.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:44 AM
Nov 10 2013, 01:23 AM

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about Mina and Lady Jayne. I like the actresses that portray them more than the characters thus far. I'd actually think Lady Jayne was bad ass if she didn't spend almost all her screen time last episode fuck drunk by Dracula. But Jayne grabbing him by the throat as he slowly slithered up the bed was my second favorite moment after all the Lucy scenes. Mina is just frustrating.

Promo 1x05 - 1
Promo 1x05 - 2

Sad panda.
Aw, Lucy. :'(

You know she'd give anything to be the one Mina danced with in public.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Katie is beautiful though. The second i saw her in dates i cursed the skies for her not being gay in real life...
Who says she's not? :blinkwide: I know she "supposedly" dated Joe Dempsie, Colin..yada...yada. That's not indicative of her being straight though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:52 AM
Katie is beautiful though. The second i saw her in dates i cursed the skies for her not being gay in real life...
Who says she's not? :blinkwide: I know she "supposedly" dated Joe Dempsie, Colin..yada...yada. That's not indicative of her being straight though.
Joe Dempsie? I actually kinda like that guy. Not that I don't want her to be gay.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Victoria Smurfit is in this? She used to be so hot as the icy Irish detective on that English crime show, and I kept waiting for her character to realize she was gay. But then she was just into S/M or something it turned out.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 01:57 AM
Victoria Smurfit is in this? She used to be so hot as the icy Irish detective on that English crime show, and I kept waiting for her character to realize she was gay. But then she was just into S/M or something it turned out.
Yes! She's Lady Jayne Wetherby and she might have some action with Lucy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Where is this lady Jayne and Lucy hookup rumors coming from?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 02:07 AM
Action of the lesbian variety? I just watched some clips with her and she's much better looking with loose hair than whatever tight Victorian hairstyle they've put on her in this show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 02:17 AM
Where is this lady Jayne and Lucy hookup rumors coming from?
Interviews with Katie McGrath and Victoria Smurfit where they talk about it. I think the interview snippets are on page 2 of this thread.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Action of the lesbian variety? I just watched some clips with her and she's much better looking with loose hair than whatever tight Victorian hairstyle they've put on her in this show.
Of the lesbian variety, indeed. I never heard of her before this show, but she's a good actress. A tad severe looking. But she looks to be in her 40s, so I can forgive it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 02:41 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Of the lesbian variety, indeed. I never heard of her before this show, but she's a good actress. A tad severe looking. But she looks to be in her 40s, so I can forgive it.
Nice.

But really, it's the hairstyle. She was smoking hot back in her "Trial and Retribution" days and she hasn't aged that badly.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 02:41 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I think Victoria is pretty hot, negl. :wub: I'm enjoying the fact that she gets to be in a lot of busty outfits. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

"100% gay", my ass! :eyeroll:
Quote Post Goto Top

Windmill
Member Avatar

I seriously wonder how Lady Jane and Lucy will meat before they start their short affaire.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Windmill
Nov 10 2013, 03:48 AM
I seriously wonder how Lady Jane and Lucy will meat before they start their short affaire.
Well, they're both at that dance in 105, so maybe they'll meet there? I'm convinced that Lady Jayne will try to recruit Lucy into the Order (since she's wealthy and hates Grayson and all of that). Maybe Jayne will be clued into Lucy's feelings for Mina and decide to use it to manipulate her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 10 2013, 05:29 AM
Windmill
Nov 10 2013, 03:48 AM
Well, they're both at that dance in 105, so maybe they'll meet there? I'm convinced that Lady Jayne will try to recruit Lucy into the Order (since she's wealthy and hates Grayson and all of that). Maybe Jayne will be clued into Lucy's feelings for Mina and decide to use it to manipulate her.
That's what I was thinking
Quote Post Goto Top

lullaby
Member Avatar
Science!
The tag of the "so close yet so far" gifset on the Dracula tumblr though :lol:

#dracula#nbc#television#gif#lucy westenra#mina murray#the gifset that launched a thousand ships
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

lullaby
Nov 10 2013, 06:35 AM

#dracula#nbc#television#gif#lucy westenra#mina murray#the gifset that launched a thousand ships
They had that gifset up the second that scene aired. :rofl: They know.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I shouldnt but I can imagine Katie McGrath as Dracula with the dark hair and broody face :thud:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

lullaby
Nov 10 2013, 06:35 AM

i think it has also the most number of likes and reblogs from that site. :lol: :goldstar:
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply