Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
How to celebrate your birthday alone?
Topic Started: Aug 26 2013, 07:50 AM (6,140 Views)
Unregistered

It's my 19th birthday coming up in 1 week, I don't have any friends cause I didn't really tell people that my birthday was coming because people always ask 'what are you doing for your birthday' and it's embarrassing to say 'nothing'. So unfortunately, with no close friends, I can't do much that will really 'feel' like a birthday.

I definitely have social anxiety, don't have a Facebook nor twitter account because I have no photos of me with friends or anything so its really embarrassing because they'll think I'm a loser if I made an account .. though people think I already have friends because I'm attractive so they decide I already have plans, when really I don't..
They never ask me to hang out with them or anything :(

So yea... how do you spend your birthday alone? I would with my family but they are working
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 26 2013, 07:50 AM
It's my 19th birthday coming up in 1 week, I don't have any friends cause I didn't really tell people that my birthday was coming because people always ask 'what are you doing for your birthday' and it's embarrassing to say 'nothing'. So unfortunately, with no close friends, I can't do much that will really 'feel' like a birthday.

I definitely have social anxiety, don't have a Facebook nor twitter account because I have no photos of me with friends or anything so its really embarrassing because they'll think I'm a loser if I made an account .. though people think I already have friends because I'm attractive so they decide I already have plans, when really I don't..
They never ask me to hang out with them or anything :(

So yea... how do you spend your birthday alone? I would with my family but they are working
On the lchat! eatmorejunkemo :dance2: :drink: :fun:

Quote Post Goto Top

Different Anon
Member Avatar

I spent my 21st by myself. I was away in a different city for 3 months by myself and didn't really know anyone. If you have the money spend the day out. Go to the movies, splurge on gifts for yourself etc... If you don't have that much money see what's free in the city (if you live in one) on your birthday.

Thats what I did and drink a lot. :drink:

The main thing is to keep yourself busy and have fun. Just because its your birthday and your spending alone doesn't mean it has to be crap. It's only one of a lot that you will have.
Edited by Different Anon, Aug 26 2013, 08:15 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ilovelana
Member Avatar

Aw :hug:

How about ordering in some really nice food from your fave restaurant (if they deliver, or just anywhere nice) and watching a bunch of your fave movies/tv shows. Just have a total 'spoil yourself' day. Give yourself a pedicure/manicure, have a bubble bath, eat amazing food and maybe do some online shopping (buy yourself something you've wanted for a while).

Posted Image

Unregistered

To make you feel good, i never celebrate my birthday..its just a date...so dont feel bad about it..try do something memorable for your birthday this year..go out meet new peoples make friends..be friend with me :P
Im wishing you happy upcoming birthday
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 26 2013, 08:13 AM
To make you feel good, i never celebrate my birthday..its just a date...so dont feel bad about it..try do something memorable for your birthday this year..go out meet new peoples make friends..be friend with me :P
Thank you :) and thanks guys for the advice.. I might book a trip somewhere like Paris or London and just hang out by myself I guess ^_^

Just never had anyone wish me happy birthday or give me a present before since 7th grade :(
Should I be more open about my birthday to people? I really don't want to be alone anymore
Quote Post Goto Top

brinny
Member Avatar

awwww. :hug: I would take you out if i could.

Spoil yourself with something nice. Massage, facial, pedicure..

Unregistered

I feel you, OP. Just don't do what I did, i.e. sit alone in your college dorm with the door locked, crying about your life. Definitely go out and do something fun, or like someone else said, have a movie/TV marathon day with awesome food.

The London/Paris trip idea is awesome. I'd go to Paris over London for sure.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Get up and do things? :toaster:
I would do something I never ever get to do, sleep allll day.
If possible, stock up on your favourite food to have at the ready. And just be lazy.
Happy upcoming Birthday! :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'd love to spend my birthday alone doing what I want to do, instead of feeling like I should go out and celebrate just as it's my birthday. If I were you I'd order my fave takeaway meal and watch some classic movies. In the day, I'd go shopping and treat myself to some new clothes, then have a lovely bath with candles and music. A day for me basically. Happy upcoming birthday. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 26 2013, 08:22 AM
Thank you :) and thanks guys for the advice.. I might book a trip somewhere like Paris or London and just hang out by myself I guess ^_^

Just never had anyone wish me happy birthday or give me a present before since 7th grade :(
Should I be more open about my birthday to people? I really don't want to be alone anymore
damn gurl London or Paris? werk
If you don't speak French I'd recommend London. free museums/ galleries. beautiful parks. maybe you could meet someone tell them its your birthday and make a new friend
anyway, happy early birthday! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

London/paris trip sounds awesome!!!
Tell.whoever you want to tell..i believe they will wish you,if you lucky you'll get present..
Hope you'll have a blast birthday outside your rooom ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I don't celebrate my birthday either. I've always been afraid of telling people when my birthday was because I feel like everybody has other more important things to do than be with me. I'd rather not have people go out of their way for me.

Generally, I just go about my birthday day like any other day. It's not a big deal to me and it doesn't make me feel sad all that much. To be honest, what upsets me more is that I don't have a friend who is close enough to talk to when I'm feeling down.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

1. when people ask you what you are doing on your birthday just say "relaxing" or "I'll decide on the day what I feel up to". No one will think twice about it, not even if you say "nothing". Lots of people I know (arguably all over 19) don't do anything on their birthday.

2. You can use Facebook and Twitter without posting photos of your friends. The only pictures I upload on Facebook are of food, beautiful landscapes and sometimes of myself.

I spent many birthdays on my own and I did what I really wanted to do at that day.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 26 2013, 12:34 PM
To be honest, what upsets me more is that I don't have a friend who is close enough to talk to when I'm feeling down.
Again thanks guys for more of the advice <33, and this too I feel you :'(

Quote:

2. You can use Facebook and Twitter without posting photos of your friends. The only pictures I upload on Facebook are of food, beautiful landscapes and sometimes of myself.

Hm do people ever ask you why you have no photos with friends or anything? ><
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

OP, even though it's not your birthday yet, I wish you all the best. I really do hope that the following year will be full of joy and great experiences. Be open to new people, you seem like a nice person, I'm sure there are people out there who would be grateful to have you as their friend.
Take care!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

do something you like.
Quote Post Goto Top

sagittariusarcasm
Member Avatar

I didn't celebrate my bd in last 4 years since living in different continents and I just do something like I normally do everyday. I have learned that the wish blessed from my parents is the best thing enough on my bd. :)

Unregistered

ilovelana
Aug 26 2013, 08:06 AM
Aw :hug:

How about ordering in some really nice food from your fave restaurant (if they deliver, or just anywhere nice) and watching a bunch of your fave movies/tv shows. Just have a total 'spoil yourself' day. Give yourself a pedicure/manicure, have a bubble bath, eat amazing food and maybe do some online shopping (buy yourself something you've wanted for a while).

Posted Image
EXACTLY..plus listen to some good music..and dance urself to ecstasy!!! haha it'll be great *big hug, babe*
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The majority of adults don't have extravagant birthdays. Birthday parties are for children and the spoilt rich.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Did you ever get the "bumps" at school when you were a kid? Like 11yrs = eleven bumps ...

Well, masturbate throughout the day and achieve an orgasm for every year you've been alive. :shifty:

:schlick:
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
:schlick:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 26 2013, 12:37 PM
1. when people ask you what you are doing on your birthday just say "relaxing" or "I'll decide on the day what I feel up to". No one will think twice about it, not even if you say "nothing". Lots of people I know (arguably all over 19) don't do anything on their birthday.

I spent many birthdays on my own and I did what I really wanted to do at that day.
I think she needs to say no plans and maybe somebody will ask her to do something or even surprise her for her birthday. If she keeps hiding and acting like things are okay then people will believe that.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I think that's a good idea. Maybe try opening up to one or two people you trust and see how they react.
I met a very good friend of mine through a night class, and the reason I asked her out for coffee and we ended up becoming close friends was because after class one night, she opened up to me and told me she was new in town and hadn't made any new friends, and missed having someone to hang out with. Before she told me that, I kind of just assumed she already had friends, so even though I liked her, I wouldn't have thought of initiating a friendship had she not opened up to me about her lack of friends.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

sky diving :$ :$
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Last year I was celebrate my 20s alone because I decided to. It was a shitty year for me. I just said that I was tired and I had to word the day after.
Your birthday is the 2(nd) September? You'll be in my thoughts :) so you'll not be alone
Quote Post Goto Top

Oroshi
Member Avatar
South Pacific Islander
Aug 26 2013, 08:57 PM
sky diving :$ :$
Agree :$ And a bottle of Champagne waiting for you down there.

Unregistered

Just get drunk and troll the L chat. It usually makes for a fun evening. Or get drunk and go out.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Go out to dinner with your family or something? Surely even if you have no friends, your family loves you.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

You don't need to post pictures of you or your friends to have Facebook. People will just assume you are either concerned with your privacy and don't like posting stuff online, or that you are indeed a bit lonely so they will feel less intimidated to approach you.
Maybe you could use your birthday to inspire yourself to start a new phase in your life.
Make a playlist for the day. Have a fancy breakfast, visit a park or some nice place. Then in the evening hang out with your family :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 26 2013, 10:04 PM
Go out to dinner with your family or something? Surely even if you have no friends, your family loves you.
I said my family has work on the day of my birthday ><
and I will make a facebook, It will tell people when its my birthday right? xD

lol wish I could get drunk but im 19, maybe I should get a fake id haha
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

OWN it.
Do something YOU like doing.

No worries about what you "should" be doing.

Thursday is my 32nd birthday and I most likely will spend it alone (new city, less then a month here) and am fine with it.

Most likely will cook myself a good meal and enjoy a beer.

You will make friends when you begin to love yourself more.

/end of PSA
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

:hug:

Maybe you can find an online friend?

But if not, do something special, that you really like.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 27 2013, 04:37 AM

Come to Australia OP, I'll celebrate with you :D I don't drink but at least you'll be able too!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 27 2013, 11:31 AM
Aug 27 2013, 04:37 AM

Come to Australia OP, I'll celebrate with you :D I don't drink but at least you'll be able too!
really? whats the drinking age there? xP would love to go to Australia , love their accents :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Order pizza and pick out a good movie. Well thats how I celebrated mine. None of my 'friends' care about really making a plan no my birthday whereas I always am the first one to arrive at their 'surprise' parties. It kinda does suck to know that you have a bunch of friends doing stuff for each other on their birthdays but no one really cares about yours.

It's just another day for me, it has never really been special. I usually get some money from my parents to 'treat myself'. I guess that's good enough.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply