Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Rizzoli and Isles Part 2; read the rules before posting
Topic Started: Jul 25 2013, 02:37 AM (1,131,100 Views)
Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:20 PM
Mar 20 2014, 06:03 PM
Mar 20 2014, 05:59 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
One person does not represent everyone. I don't see the majority of people on this thread having her view at all. In fact, many people basically 'shut down' that person's viewpoint. It doesn't seem like you really read this thread that much if you believe that most people expect JNash to bring Rizzles.

not OP
I never said it was the majority, but it's a lot more than just one.

Not OP but no, it was not a lot more. A few posters just posted about her personal life but never said they expected rizzles just because she is gay. Almost all the posters agree that JNash is a professional that has experience and might bring back season 1 dynamics. Not rizzles. We would have been saying the same thing if she were straight.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 05:59 PM
Mar 20 2014, 04:49 PM

Do you not read this blog? People here have been saying that since she got hired. Just a few pages ago someone was all excited because after coming out JNash dated her 'formerly straight' best friend and they were convinced she was brought on because that mirrored Jane and Maura.

Sure many people would still give season 5 a chance even if JNash were straight, just because she's not JTam, but there are some still holding onto that last shred of delusional hope--and that's because she's gay.
One person does not represent everyone. I don't see the majority of people on this thread having her view at all. In fact, many people basically 'shut down' that person's viewpoint. It doesn't seem like you really read this thread that much if you believe that most people expect JNash to bring Rizzles.

not OP
This!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:26 PM

Not OP but no, it was not a lot more. A few posters just posted about her personal life but never said they expected rizzles just because she is gay. Almost all the posters agree that JNash is a professional that has experience and might bring back season 1 dynamics. Not rizzles. We would have been saying the same thing if she were straight.
exactly!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Okay, you're right, I stand corrected. No one is expecting Rizzles and Jane isn't really pregnant, her body is just reacting hysterically to stress.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:15 PM
Last time I watched an episode of this show was in Season 2, episode 10. Yesterday I caught what I'm now realizing was the 4th season finale. What the hell did I just watch??
A nightmare?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 05:40 PM
Raive
Mar 20 2014, 04:59 PM
Mar 20 2014, 03:49 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepvery first thought was hysterical pregnancy? That's kinda random..
Happened during the Maura visiting Janes apt earlier in the ep. Jane was stressing over something bad happening to Casey on this tour. She told Maura and Maura said she should not think bad thoughts because the mind can convince something is there that is not.
I found Jane's suddenly stressing over Casey's safety to be totally random. Of course, much of this episode was random.
Or maybe she feels that they've been so unlucky so far because every time they got together something somehow broke them up and she fears that now that they're finally together for good, something is gonna come between them again.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:32 PM

Okay, you're right, I stand corrected. No one is expecting Rizzles and Jane isn't really pregnant, her body is just reacting hysterically to stress.

:eyeroll: Stop with the condescending bullshit. Yes, you are wrong. Nobody is expecting rizzles because JNash is gay. Like the others have said, one persons point of view does not make up what we all think. The majority isn't even expecting rizzles. We just she is capable of fixing a few things and to bring back their friendship. And as for the pregnancy we are discussing what MIGHT happen and why JTam had Maura say that. Nobody said that it is fact. We are just discussing the possibility. You know, that is what people do on discussion boards.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Last time I watched an episode of this show was in Season 2, episode 10. Yesterday I caught what I'm now realizing was the 4th season finale. What the hell did I just watch??
A nightmare?
The end of JTams horror story.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:35 PM
Raive

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepvery first thought
I found Jane's suddenly stressing over Casey's safety to be totally random. Of course, much of this episode was random.
Or maybe she feels that they've been so unlucky so far because every time they got together something somehow broke them up and she fears that now that they're finally together for good, something is gonna come between them again.
I don't think so since what you stated doesn't match what actually happened on the show
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:39 PM

:eyeroll: Stop with the condescending bullshit. Yes, you are wrong. Nobody is expecting rizzles because JNash is gay. Like the others have said, one persons point of view does not make up what we all think. The majority isn't even expecting rizzles. We just she is capable of fixing a few things and to bring back their friendship. And as for the pregnancy we are discussing what MIGHT happen and why JTam had Maura say that. Nobody said that it is fact. We are just discussing the possibility. You know, that is what people do on discussion boards.
DA. So you're the thread president? Okay so none of the multitude of lesbians posting here are waiting for gay shit to happen and are watching this awful show for the off chance that it will regress to its first season when it semi-watchable and...wait for it, gay?

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:45 PM

DA. So you're the thread president? Okay so none of the multitude of lesbians posting here are waiting for gay shit to happen and are watching this awful show for the off chance that it will regress to its first season when it semi-watchable and...wait for it, gay?

Your patronising tone would have more credibilty if you weren't here caring so much about everyone else's opinions.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

What are you even talking about? That isn't even what the OPs were talking about. Sure we want rizzles. And we want the season 1 dynamics to return with the subtext. But we would be having that hope even if a straight showrunner was chosen with experience.

The first OP said that we are waiting for rizzles because JNash is gay which is wrong. Aside from one or two posters nobody has said that rizzles will happen because Nash is gay. We are just hoping she fixes the show because she has experience. Not because she is gay. That is what the other poster answered and corrected her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:52 PM

Your patronising tone would have more credibilty if you weren't here caring so much about everyone else's opinions.
This!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:55 PM

What are you even talking about? That isn't even what the OPs were talking about. Sure we want rizzles. And we want the season 1 dynamics to return with the subtext. But we would be having that hope even if a straight showrunner was chosen with experience.

The first OP said that we are waiting for rizzles because JNash is gay which is wrong. Aside from one or two posters nobody has said that rizzles will happen because Nash is gay. We are just hoping she fixes the show because she has experience. Not because she is gay. That is what the other poster answered and corrected her.
Perfectly said! OP didn't even understand what the previous posters were saying.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:58 PM
Mar 20 2014, 06:55 PM

Perfectly said! OP didn't even understand what the previous posters were saying.
OP can't just admit that she was wrong. It's not like she can't go back and see that part of the thread that pretty much proves that she is wrong. Instead she's trying to change the subject so that she can find some thread of truth in her argument.
Quote Post Goto Top

Raive
Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:35 PM
Raive

Something should come between them... Jane realizing his ass holish ways.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 06:40 PM
A nightmare?
Sounds about right.
Accurate description of my reaction after leaving in season 2 and coming back at the end of season 4.

http://media.tumblr.com/ac1d3a80bd152751b51f54b6c77dc6b9/tumblr_inline_mhf9vxI5Uy1qz4rgp.gif

Is the new showrunner any better? Or at least showing signs of being better?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 07:23 PM

Sounds about right.
Accurate description of my reaction after leaving in season 2 and coming back at the end of season 4.

http://media.tumblr.com/ac1d3a80bd152751b51f54b6c77dc6b9/tumblr_inline_mhf9vxI5Uy1qz4rgp.gif
:rofl:
Thanks for making me spit out my soda.
At least, we can make fun of that crappy finale.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Sounds about right.

We won't know until June.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Sounds about right.

Well the new showrunner has experience and she was the showrunner for Without a Trace in the last seasons. She knows about cop shows and we are hoping that she will bring better writing and character development. She has a new team of writers and some have worked before with her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Gayzzoli recap is up

http://www.afterellen.com/rizzoli-isles-subtext-recap-4-16-and-baby-makes-ugh/03/2014/
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Sounds about right.

lol accurate gif is accurate :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Not sure why I'm doing this to myself but I'm rewatching 4. So far there have been 2 references to Jane and children. One where Angela brought a baby shower cake and Jane says "ma, I'm not pregnant. You have to have sex to get pregnant." Then there was the hockey game and the ref is calling her "mom" at least that is what it sounds like. I haven't watched them all because I'm doubting I could stomach it. I wonder if there are any other JT anvils.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 03:23 PM
Mar 20 2014, 03:10 PM
Mar 20 2014, 03:01 PM

Trust me I don't and haven't in the years since I quit the show. I was just curious as to how LTY's death would be or was handled. To my disgust, everyone's basically speculating on Jane and Casey and Frankie and Maura. Pretty gross.

I don't mind discusgsin shows with nothing but straight people, mind you. But a horribly written one with no real redeeming qualities, archaic ideas about women, and awful story lines you can see coming a mile away? No way.

We aren't drooling over the storylines, either. We don't like them anymore than you do. But we are discussing them and posting our frustrations. Most of us are waiting to see what JNash has in store. And again, if you don't like the discussion or the thread that doesn't mean the thread should be scrapped. Just that you shouldn't read it.
The same argument could be made for you constantly complaining about the show in this thread. Nothing needs to be changed, you all should probably just stop watching. If you don't like the story lines, doesn't mean they need to be scrapped.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 07:38 PM

We aren't drooling over the storylines, either. We don't like them anymore than you do. But we are discussing them and posting our frustrations. Most of us are waiting to see what JNash has in store. And again, if you don't like the discussion or the thread that doesn't mean the thread should be scrapped. Just that you shouldn't read it.
The same argument could be made for you constantly complaining about the show in this thread. Nothing needs to be changed, you all should probably just stop watching. If you don't like the story lines, doesn't mean they need to be scrapped.
Show me one fandom that doesn't have a thread where the posters aren't complaining about one thing or another. We like watching for Angie and Sashas chemistry and we like to complain about the shitty storylines. That is what this thread is about.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Not sure why I'm doing this to myself but I'm rewatching 4. So far there have been 2 references to Jane and children. One where Angela brought a baby shower cake and Jane says "ma, I'm not pregnant. You have to have sex to get pregnant." Then there was the hockey game and the ref is calling her "mom" at least that is what it sounds like. I haven't watched them all because I'm doubting I could stomach it. I wonder if there are any other JT anvils.
Those are just random lines. JTam doesn't plan anything. She just makes things up as she goes along.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 07:35 PM
She managed to find a little gay. And she has decided to stay aboard the USS RANDI.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Your initial comments were addressed and proven to be innaccurate. Now it seems like you're just trying to shit stir because you can't accept that you were wrong. /not OP

why are you here?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 07:57 PM
Mar 20 2014, 07:35 PM
She managed to find a little gay. And she has decided to stay aboard the USS RANDI.
Like most, she's probably waiting to see what Jan Nash is going to do.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 05:45 PM
Raive

Same here, my first thought when she got the email was that it said he had been killed in action. That's the only reason I question this hysterical pregnancy theory, it's similar to this but nothing came of her safety concerns, my opinion of course
No but she felt like something might go bad and it did. I think that was actually shown to show the stress not to show impending death.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 07:45 PM

Show me one fandom that doesn't have a thread where the posters aren't complaining about one thing or another. We like watching for Angie and Sashas chemistry and we like to complain about the shitty storylines. That is what this thread is about.
The chemistry excuse doesn't even work anymore. It's long gone.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 07:31 PM

Sounds about right.

Well the new showrunner has experience and she was the showrunner for Without a Trace in the last seasons. She knows about cop shows and we are hoping that she will bring better writing and character development. She has a new team of writers and some have worked before with her.
We definitely can tell she treats all fans with respect from her tweets which is already better then JTam ever was.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 08:01 PM

Maybe for you. But for others it's still the reason they watch this show. And just because we like the chemistry doesn't mean we aren't going to complain about the stories.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The chemistry between the characters yes, at this point I dont even know why they're friends, but the chemistry between the actresses is still there.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 20 2014, 05:45 PM

Same here, my first thought when she got the email was that it said he had been killed in action. That's the only reason I question this hysterical pregnancy theory, it's similar to this but nothing came of her safety concerns, my opinion of course
No but she felt like something might go bad and it did. I think that was actually shown to show the stress not to show impending death.
Whatever floats your boat but I don't buy it. Everyone here seems to pick and choose when JTam is up to something. Sometimes it's lazy writing and you say she doesn't know what she's doing and the rest of the time it's this wicked crazy conspiracy that she's been planning all along. And I'm saying that about the entire fandom, not you specifically.
Quote Post Goto Top

7 users reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply