Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Putin signs ‘gay propaganda’ bill into law
Topic Started: Jun 30 2013, 05:27 PM (4,200 Views)
Unregistered

Jul 4 2013, 07:41 PM
Jul 4 2013, 06:42 PM
Posted Image

Here ya go! She's so cool. ^_^
When did that happened?
Just in the last while I think.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

AstroGuest1
Jul 4 2013, 12:02 PM
I suspect that Putin's actual private viewpoint on homosexuality is that of a well-educated man and I am sure he is aware of the scientific research on the subject.

It seems to me that his objective in signing this bill is to align himself with the majority of his citizens and with the Church in order to maintain his power and influence and increase his popularity with the majority. It is also politically convenient to redirect negative attention toward "others" and away from oneself.

Putin's overall strategy looks like a classic case of using the Church for political ends and as a means to control the behavior of the population. Of course that is what the Church was designed by men to do in the first place. This makes the pro-Putin praise of the American religious right all the more pathetic in its "spiritual ignorance".

Gay people are harmless ffs and letting them get married and participate in society as respectable citizens would end their protests for civil rights.

Anyway we all know "gay" is not contagious and I strongly suspect that Putin knows that too, even if much of the Russian citizenry is ignorant on the subject.

His pragmatism is absolute evil. Putin is doing what the church has done historically: managing people's faith, superstition and ignorance for its own political gain.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Why are you only blaming religion? Eastern and ex-communist Europe is one of the most godless areas in the world (Poland being the exception) and they are less tolerant regarding homosexuality than western countries. Japan is not christian and only 54% believe that society should accept homosexuality (according to the recent Pew poll). In South Korea 46% has no religious affiliation and only 39% wants homosexuality to be accepted.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2013, 12:38 PM
Why are you only blaming religion? Eastern and ex-communist Europe is one of the most godless areas in the world (Poland being the exception) and they are less tolerant regarding homosexuality than western countries. Japan is not christian and only 54% believe that society should accept homosexuality (according to the recent Pew poll). In South Korea 46% has no religious affiliation and only 39% wants homosexuality to be accepted.
I don't know where are you from, and how much do you know about the background of this particular law...

The thing is, those few people who stand behind creation of gay propaganda law are very religious. And Russian Orthodox Church was also lobbying it too, in fact, church is not yet satisfied, they want to outlaw homosexuality completely, and currently are working on a new initiative.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 4 2013, 09:01 PM
Jul 4 2013, 07:41 PM
Jul 4 2013, 06:42 PM
Posted Image

Here ya go! She's so cool. ^_^
When did that happened?
Just in the last while I think.
News broadcasters in Russia are hiding what Tilda did on the Red Square. They are reporting, that Tilda was in Moscow, and walked around without bodyguards, that she was on the opening of a restaurant. But they didn't mention even a word about Tilda's LGBT support.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Russia Says It Will Arrest Openly Gay Tourists

http://www.travelandescape.ca/2013/07/russia-says-it-will-arrest-openly-gay-tourists/
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 11 2013, 07:16 PM
Insanity. WTF is going to happen during the Olympics now? There are plenty of lesbian and gay Olympians and fans, will they all be arrested?

They seriously need to move the Olympics somewhere else.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 11 2013, 09:40 PM
Insanity. WTF is going to happen during the Olympics now? There are plenty of lesbian and gay Olympians and fans, will they all be arrested?

Yes they do but on the other hand no one really seems to care about this it's just us gay people and some straight ones that see how awful this is and that's about it. You really think sports people are going to stop going to the olympics because of this? I don't think so people are so selfish
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 12 2013, 12:11 AM

Yes they do but on the other hand no one really seems to care about this it's just us gay people and some straight ones that see how awful this is and that's about it. You really think sports people are going to stop going to the olympics because of this? I don't think so people are so selfish
There are many other reasons that athletes should consider before going.

The Sochi Olympics: Castles in the sand
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 12 2013, 12:22 AM

The Sochi Olympics: Castles in the sand
Why do they give these places the Olympics in the first place? There's plenty of bidders.........
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 12 2013, 10:59 AM
Posted Image

:rofl:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 12 2013, 10:59 AM
Posted Image
That priest looks really horny.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 12 2013, 12:22 AM

[url=/news/europe/21581764-most-expensive-olympic-games-history-offer-rich-pickings-select-few-castles]The Sochi Olympics: Castles in the sand[/url]
those "castles" look like soapdishes :X
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply