Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Orange is the new black; The Trailer For Netflix’s Lady-Prison Series From The Creator Of WEEDS
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 09:31 PM (3,344,610 Views)
Unregistered

OITNB
Jul 31 2013, 08:29 PM
Jul 31 2013, 08:25 PM

Are there a lot of lesbians in the cast?
Everybody’s out. Me and Samira Wiley [Poussey].

Natasha Lyonne, I ask with hope in my heart?
No, she has a boyfriend. I’ve had a crush on her since Slums of Beverly Hills. I told her that, too, because I’m such an asshole.

I read an interview where she asked why more women don’t hit on her.
Oh, that’s her being funny, trust me. Please, I hit on her every day. And she’s like, "Lea, remember my boyfriend." And I’m like, "Sorry, Tash." We’re just pals. I’m leaving off lesbians, I feel bad.
There is more standing between Natasha and Lea than NL's boyfriend.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 09:46 PM
OITNB
Jul 31 2013, 08:29 PM

Natasha Lyonne, I ask with hope in my heart?
No, she has a boyfriend. I’ve had a crush on her since Slums of Beverly Hills. I told her that, too, because I’m such an asshole.

I read an interview where she asked why more women don’t hit on her.
Oh, that’s her being funny, trust me. Please, I hit on her every day. And she’s like, "Lea, remember my boyfriend." And I’m like, "Sorry, Tash." We’re just pals. I’m leaving off lesbians, I feel bad.
There is more standing between Natasha and Lea than NL's boyfriend.
the fact that she is not her type (if she happens to be bi)
Goto Top

Unregistered

OITNB
Jul 31 2013, 07:38 PM
Jul 31 2013, 07:16 PM
Jul 31 2013, 07:03 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

what? she's both.

Posts like that make me think of people who think we have a choice to be gay and not born this way.
Crazy Eyes maybe unstable but she is still GAY!

IKR! No one has a choice to be mentally ill or gay. I would love for CE to have a relationship.

Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 07:40 PM
OITNB
Jul 31 2013, 07:16 PM

Posts like that make me think of people who think we have a choice to be gay and not born this way.
Crazy Eyes maybe unstable but she is still GAY!
She is mentally ill. Who the heck knows what's going on with her.

What? One does not equate the other.
Goto Top

Unregistered

For those that read the books did Nora's mom really die? Why did Piper and her broke up?
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 08:27 PM

Only two? Damn, I thought there would be more. Love me some Samira though I have to say.

TM isn't out?
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 09:55 PM

Only two? Damn, I thought there would be more. Love me some Samira though I have to say.

TM isn't out?
I don't think so.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 09:51 PM
Jul 31 2013, 07:40 PM
OITNB

She is mentally ill. Who the heck knows what's going on with her.

What? One does not equate the other.
what? Are you five? Just try to understand what people mean
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://www.vulture.com/m/2013/07/orange-is-the-new-black-lea-delaria-interview.htmlAre there a lot of lesbians in the cast?

TM isn't out?
I don't think so.
TM as in Taryn Manning? Is there something to suggest she's anything other than straight?
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:00 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://www.vulture.com/m/2013/07/orange-is-the-new-black-lea-delaria-interview.htmlAre there a lot of lesbians in the cast?
I don't think so.
TM as in Taryn Manning? Is there something to suggest she's anything other than straight?

Other than the Q vibe she put off? But seriously, I asked this same question once and was sent to her LChat page. There's a lot of information there that could lead one to believe she's family. Not saying she is, but give it a read. It's quite interesting and it makes her Pensatucky role make a lot of sense. Which, btw, she rocks the role of Pens!

Goto Top

Kuffs
Member Avatar

Quote:

Everybody’s out.

Even though the question was about the cast, Lea might have been including all the the people working on the show on a day to day basis. Many, many, many people who work in the film industry: stage hands, camera operators, film techs, PA's, electricians, carpenters, make-up, gaffers,craft services, writers are gay. So Lea may have been including the behind the scenes people as opposed to just the actual cast; but hell I wouldn't be disappointed if Tay was family!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Samira's name disappeared from the vulture article :spy:
Goto Top

Unregistered

I know pennsyltucky looks ugly with her teeth and all, but I still sort of find her a bit cute in some scenes.
She's so tiny and her voice sounds a bit childish, love that scene when she says her cross is gonna glow in the dark and then carries the whole thing out with her little body
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:12 PM
I know pennsyltucky looks ugly with her teeth and all, but I still sort of find her a bit cute in some scenes.
She's so tiny and her voice sounds a bit childish, love that scene when she says her cross is gonna glow in the dark and then carries the whole thing out with her little body
The Wreckoning was my jam when I was 12. :ninja:
Goto Top

OITNB
Member Avatar

I loved her scene right before the fight "see my dress".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

I think TM is so hot. Maybe not as Pennsytucky, but then again when she locks A in the dryer, the look she gives is absolutely adorable.

Goto Top

Unregistered

OITNB
Jul 31 2013, 10:18 PM

I just LOL'd at your reminder of this scene. She was so FUNNY. She went off about how poetic her dress was.
Goto Top

Unregistered

OITNB
Posted Image
Goto Top

OITNB
Member Avatar

Jul 31 2013, 10:20 PM
OITNB

I just LOL'd at your reminder of this scene. She was so FUNNY. She went off about how poetic her dress was.
TS & TM 2 really played well off each other.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:21 PM
OITNB
Posted Image

Laughing some more.
Goto Top

Unregistered

OITNB
Jul 31 2013, 10:22 PM
OITNB

They really do. I like their scenes a lot.
Goto Top

Unregistered

OITNB

They're my faves (with LP). Great acting.
Goto Top

OITNB
Member Avatar

Lauren Morelli ‏@lomorelli 1m

Well, this naked extra on set has a pot leaf tattooed on her ass. Surprises around every corner, guys. #OITNB
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:29 PM
OITNB

TS just got better and better. TM rocked it straightaway. And the woman that plays Tastee too. Wow! I'm dig'n the show. I only watched it once, but I might give it another go.

Goto Top

Unregistered

OITNB

Posted Image

Laughing some more.
the fight scene was one of the best... tm & ts are amazing...
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:30 PM

TS just got better and better. TM rocked it straightaway. And the woman that plays Tastee too. Wow! I'm dig'n the show. I only watched it once, but I might give it another go.

The series that is. I watched the series all the way through once and might just do it again.

Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:31 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepPosted Image

Laughing some more.

There was something about that first Come to Jesus scene they had too. TM can pull off an interesting gentleness at times.

Goto Top

Unregistered

LikeASixFootTurkey
Jul 31 2013, 07:45 PM
Jul 31 2013, 07:02 PM
Jul 31 2013, 06:44 PM
If we don't hear anything about Laura being on set by the end of the week, then start worrying.
Most of the people showing up on Twitter, etc. are in their first high profile gig. They are ecstatic.
LP has been through this before. Young ensemble cast. Fun times. Future stars.
She's off reading scripts, getting ready.
I love her elusiveness. So Alex.
^ This

So true.
dunno if you've seen it already, but there's a photo of LP and Taryn Manning on instagram (OITNB's profile) posted last week ;)
Goto Top

Unregistered

OITNB
Posted Image
This almost looks straight out of Buffy :rofl: .

TM as a batshit crazy slayer for season 8.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

The fact that she fixed her hair and even put on some lipstick is just :lol:
Goto Top

OITNB
Member Avatar

Jul 31 2013, 10:32 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepPosted Image

There was something about that first Come to Jesus scene they had too. TM can pull off an interesting gentleness at times.

I loved all their scenes they had together tbh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:35 PM
Posted Image

lmao this was fucking hilarious. I love to ~hate her, best villain tbh.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:41 PM
Jul 31 2013, 10:35 PM
Posted Image

lmao this was fucking hilarious. I love to ~hate her, best villain tbh.

Her backstory rocked too. I mean, crazy right? She's a nightmare patient, for sure. Now a glorified holy roller. I wonder if they can continue her backstory for us. She didn't just FIND G*d because antichoice dude paid for her attorney fees. There has to be more to it. I think it was a brilliant set up for the writers to give us more backstories in S2.

Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 31 2013, 10:30 PM

The series that is. I watched the series all the way through once and might just do it again.

Tsk! You've only watched it once? Lightweight.

;)
Goto Top

OITNB
Member Avatar

another article

Taylor Schilling ‏@TaySchilling 4m

Thanks for the great article about @OITNB, @bimadew! SPAM/ohcmmta

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/jul/30/watching-orange-is-the-new-black
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic