Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Orange is the new black; The Trailer For Netflix’s Lady-Prison Series From The Creator Of WEEDS
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 09:31 PM (3,148,646 Views)
Unregistered

Piper's question about the future to Alex was ridiculous. It shows her anxiety.
Alex is in for a long time. She's a felon with no education.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 04:27 PM
Jul 21 2013, 04:25 PM
Jul 21 2013, 04:20 PM
i didn't get the 'that's dedication' thing and the eggplant joke.
What's to get about the eggplant joke? It's just a running gag.
yes but i didn't get it the first time it was said. how is it funny at all or what is it supposed to mean?
It's not a complete joke. It's funny because it makes no sense and different, unrelated characters keep repeating it.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 02:35 PM
Jul 21 2013, 02:28 PM
Please help! In what ep was that scene where Piper is with her friend Molly and she says" I love hot girls" " I love hot guys"" I'm shallow". It's a flashback.
Molly lol. First there were people calling her her sister in law...and now this.
Haha. It's not just Alex that can't remember her name.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 04:28 PM
What was she going to do in 15 months?
Goto Top

Unregistered

IRL Larry told Piper re sex while in jail "to do what she needed to do."
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 04:35 PM
well clearly they are not following that.
Goto Top

Unregistered

This show is a bit confusing at times. For example Piper in jail having sex with Alex. When she was talking to that girl in the wheelchair she said she is numbing the pain or she is an evil monster. Just doesn't make sense.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 04:37 PM
Jul 21 2013, 04:35 PM
well clearly they are not following that.
The real Larry is a boring writer, but he is not the immature schlub this Larry is.
I loved the essential put down of the NYT, NPR let a man explain other people's lives.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Piper thought that she was going to get out in 15 months. At that point she kind of would need to decide what to do...marry Larry, wait for Alex or whatever else she decided. She was just feeling things out regarding how Alex was thinking about the situation. Piper found that she wasn't really thinking about it.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 04:41 PM
This show is a bit confusing at times. For example Piper in jail having sex with Alex. When she was talking to that girl in the wheelchair she said she is numbing the pain or she is an evil monster. Just doesn't make sense.
She was telling the girl that she could not survive prison without loving someone/having physical contact with another person and she didn't know whether it was because she found sex numbed the pain of the experience or if she was just a horrible person who needed to fuck someone.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 04:50 PM
Piper thought that she was going to get out in 15 months. At that point she kind of would need to decide what to do...marry Larry, wait for Alex or whatever else she decided. She was just feeling things out regarding how Alex was thinking about the situation. Piper found that she wasn't really thinking about it.
Although we still don't know how long Alex is in for it wouldn't surprise me if with the added time piper will get their release dates will be s lot closer now.
Goto Top

Unregistered

She was telling the girl that she could not survive prison without loving someone/having physical contact with another person and she didn't know whether it was because she found sex numbed the pain of the experience or if she was just a horrible person who needed to fuck someone.
But it came across like she was just using Alex.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Wasn't that after about a 4-6 weeks? She was happy enough to turn down Crazy Eyes.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:02 PM
Piper analyzes endlessly. She was verbalizing her guilt and confusion over Alex. My god, she is fucking her within weeks of getting to prison, while she is engaged. I guess the writers thought the audience needed to hear this.
Goto Top

Unregistered

I'm sorry but Larry is such a fucking loser. He still took money from his parents. Why would Piper ever want someone like that as a husband, he is hardly a catch.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:10 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Piper analyzes endlessly. She was verbalizing her guilt and confusion over Alex. My god, she is fucking her within weeks of getting to prison, while she is engaged. I guess the writers thought the audience needed to hear this.
Remember at this time Piper is telling Nikki that her having sex with Alwx is just comform and not an affair. I think she is tryong to convince herself more thsn anyone else but it doesn't last long.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:15 PM

Remember at this time Piper is telling Nikki that her having sex with Alwx is just comform and not an affair. I think she is tryong to convince herself more thsn anyone else but it doesn't last long.
I think if Piper really wasn't in love with Alex she wouldn't have told Larry she loved her. She could have just said no it's not love it's just sex, to numb my time in here to be close to someone. Why ruin her life with Larry if she wasn't in love with Alex she could have just lied to Larry.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:20 PM

I think if Piper really wasn't in love with Alex she wouldn't have told Larry she loved her. She could have just said no it's not love it's just sex, to numb my time in here to be close to someone. Why ruin her life with Larry if she wasn't in love with Alex she could have just lied to Larry.
And she said she hearts Alex and that she seems inevitable to her.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Right but to begin with she was trying to pretend it was just comfort.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:21 PM

inevitable enough to ask about a post prison future.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Why do you think Alex lied to Piper she didn't turn her in? She is a very convincing liar.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:23 PM
Why do you think Alex lied to Piper she didn't turn her in? She is a very convincing liar.
She explained it herself later on. She wanted Piper to like her.
Goto Top

Unregistered

In a lot of the promotional interviews, you could substitute the words "space alien" for lesbian.
I have yet to hear or read an interview in which someone sounds like they know a lesbian.
In some ways the promotion feels like a step backwards.
While the show itself makes A/P very compelling.

Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 02:52 PM
Check this 15 min interview with Taylor Schilling and Jason biggs, i think this is the most we've got out of TS concerning her role on OITNB.

And another one where they answer twitter questions.
She's so beautiful and I loved her outfit.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 04:27 PM
Jul 21 2013, 04:25 PM
Jul 21 2013, 04:20 PM
i didn't get the 'that's dedication' thing and the eggplant joke.
What's to get about the eggplant joke? It's just a running gag.
yes but i didn't get it the first time it was said. how is it funny at all or what is it supposed to mean?
It's what they call an "orphaned punchline".

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrphanedPunchline
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:01 PM
Although we still don't know how long Alex is in for it wouldn't surprise me if with the added time piper will get their release dates will be s lot closer now.
did healy want her to die? and what could piper have done differently? have herself killed? i find it really unfair, she had no choice. she could have stabbed her with the screwdriver but didn't so she actually held back. where was alex at the play? she could have intervened which would have ruled out larry further
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:11 PM
I'm sorry but Larry is such a fucking loser. He still took money from his parents. Why would Piper ever want someone like that as a husband, he is hardly a catch.
their first meeting was so without sparks as well. there was nothing. why would she go for him, i cant imagine she loved him
Goto Top

Unregistered

and that larry doesn't know her and she knows alex does
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:32 PM
In a lot of the promotional interviews, you could substitute the words "space alien" for lesbian.
I have yet to hear or read an interview in which someone sounds like they know a lesbian.
In some ways the promotion feels like a step backwards.
While the show itself makes A/P very compelling.

LP said she had lesbian friends
Goto Top

Unregistered

My gf & I finally have work free day together tomorrow & plan to have a OITNB marathon based on the recommendation of one of our fav actresses. Excited for it & not going back to read through the thread until after.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:46 PM
My gf & I finally have work free day together tomorrow & plan to have a OITNB marathon based on the recommendation of one of our fav actresses. Excited for it & not going back to read through the thread until after.
You are going to LOVE IT.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 21 2013, 05:48 PM
Jul 21 2013, 05:46 PM
You are going to LOVE IT.
That's what we heard.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Piper is just scared to be with Alex she is deeply in love with her, but like she said she is too scared to free fall through life with Alex, so she picks the safe boring choice Larry. I hope that as time goes on she realizes that she just can't quit Alex, she will just decide to free fall with her, and live life. She just doesn't want to end up back in prison, and if she chooses Alex she could if Alex goes back into illegal stuff again. Alex doesn't know what will happen when she gets out, she lives for the excitement, but hopefully Alex will end up with a high paying job after prison & they can have a fun exciting life anyway together!
Goto Top

Unregistered

Larry is such a depressing choice. Could they have made his character any more lame?
Goto Top

Unregistered

piper said she cant get through prison without someone to love or basically sex. im still not convinced shes in love with alex. like alex said shes using her as a binky to suck on tip this is over.

i wonder who she would have had sex with if alex weren´t there. we'll maybe see that in S2. why can't she have sex with Larry by the way, aren't there rooms for such stuff?
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic