Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Heather Morris and Naya Rivera - Part 20; Fate has laid a hand
Topic Started: Apr 5 2013, 01:41 AM (3,467,288 Views)
Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:24 AM
Posted Image
I love their ponytails here. :)
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:10 AM
Apr 18 2013, 03:06 AM
Apr 18 2013, 02:51 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I don't agree with the OP, but I do wish Naya's people had started this media blitz two years ago, when she was getting all the positive press just as Santana's lesbian storyline kicked off, and after S2. I think they expected a lot more from Glee and the show has really screwed her over.
Not op but the show has not screwed her over. It got her where she needed to be. Now its up to her and her team to take it from here. She's not exactly a nobody.
And if she needs to leave Glee to branch out or do whatever else she wants than good for her. Glee is on its last mile. And its not like they are fully utilizing her anyways. This show isn't going to be around much longer.
Not any op but I find it funny that anyone can be so certain that any actor will make it after glee. And that's including lea and Darren. There have been so many insanely popular shows, some nearly as rediculous that targeted the same age groups and where a great cast never takes off after their shows end. Examples: 90210, wonder years, saved by the bell, boy meets world, almost every show back in the nineties that was featured on TGIF, Etc. It's like they had so much chemistry as a group, they just lost appeal on their own. If talent speaks for anything, naya has just as much of a chance as any, but when a show's fanbase is mostly made up of teens or young adults, once a popular show is out, like a revolving door the next big thing comes along. I imagine its even worse now. Short attention spans, wanting instant gratification...it's easier to forget. So as long as lea and darren have a demand then great for them, but its the same with naya or heather. As long as they have a demand (our demand), dont be so quick to count them out.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:30 AM

Not op but the show has not screwed her over. It got her where she needed to be. Now its up to her and her team to take it from here. She's not exactly a nobody.
And if she needs to leave Glee to branch out or do whatever else she wants than good for her. Glee is on its last mile. And its not like they are fully utilizing her anyways. This show isn't going to be around much longer.
Not any op but I find it funny that anyone can be so certain that any actor will make it after glee. And that's including lea and Darren. There have been so many insanely popular shows, some nearly as rediculous that targeted the same age groups and where a great cast never takes off after their shows end. Examples: 90210, wonder years, saved by the bell, boy meets world, almost every show back in the nineties that was featured on TGIF, Etc. It's like they had so much chemistry as a group, they just lost appeal on their own. If talent speaks for anything, naya has just as much of a chance as any, but when a show's fanbase is mostly made up of teens or young adults, once a popular show is out, like a revolving door the next big thing comes along. I imagine its even worse now. Short attention spans, wanting instant gratification...it's easier to forget. So as long as lea and darren have a demand then great for them, but its the same with naya or heather. As long as they have a demand (our demand), dont be so quick to count them out.
Agreed. nothing is guaranteed.

the best thing for Naya would be to stay on Glee for next season: keeps her in the public eye and gives her more time to promote herself.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:16 AM
Posted Image
Favs. Naya and Stevie Nicks fangirling! :wub:
Goto Top

Supremacy
Tip Fanfic where Brittany and Santana get away for a while and then meet again? rs
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:32 AM

the best thing for Naya would be to stay on Glee for next season: keeps her in the public eye and gives her more time to promote herself.
I think Naya knows exactly what she's doing and is playing her cards right.

So far I've been pretty impressed by her new PR team so I can only hope that means big things for her in the future!
Goto Top

Unregistered

No one is being certain.

Just it would be cool if she ever decided to branch out. It's not the end of the world.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kepekCUsLc

I don't understand why it took me so long to find this, but the Cell Block Tango part is simply the best thing I've seen in forever! LMAO!!! :rofl:
unicorn. unicorn. unicorn. UNI...cOrn.
Goto Top

Unregistered

:lol: Naya's commercial just came on
Goto Top

Unregistered

If she can get casted in a movie as a badass mofo a la Michelle Rodriguez. I think she'll have it made.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Rafa
Apr 18 2013, 03:34 AM
Tip Fanfic where Brittany and Santana get away for a while and then meet again? rs
Stoners
Goto Top

Unregistered

Well of course she will be back next season. I don't think anyone doubts that. Just don't know to what extent.

And if she decided to pull a Dianna and work more outside of Glee that's cool too. I highly doubt Glee will make it to a 6th season anyways. Branching out can't so any harm for these actors this late in the game imo
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:27 AM
Spoiler: click to toggle
Pagecostco and I just wanted to say that to me at least obviously Heya became hyper aware of things they do, or say. Naya would know especially bc she has Twitter, and even without a Twitter, Heather would know too what fans are saying/thinking. I do in a way feel a little bad that obviously their friendship changed in a large way due to Brittana/Heya fans, bc we do love them so much; the slightest mention or pic or Brittana scene, we lose our shit, rightfully so bc they're soulmats lbr haha. But in a way I don't feel bad, bc the other half of me thinks the hyper awareness stems from someplace else. You could find any tv show and find 2 characters that have a ship. Many with real life ships too. Almost, if not all don't go the lengths that Heya do to hide even speculation/talk about anything. They play along with fans.. I know it would be a little annoying to want to have a personal life and enjoy things unrelated to your workplace, but imo if you spend all your time together with someone who you call your best friend and speak so highly of them all the time, to virtually non-existant in the way of mentions or pics or interviews from either, I would say: you have something to hide, you're not friends with someone (which I certainly don't think is the case here) or you have extreme gay panic with fan rumors about you being into girls. It's not even a lesbian ship on tv thing, bc other actresses don't seem to have any problem with it. Even people who aren't playing lesbians don't mind it (Ashley Benson/Shay Mitchell, Anna Kendrick/Brittany Snow, Sasha Alexander/Angie Harmon). To me it's a Heather/Naya thing.

Because honestly (especially) after being on a show like Glee and talking about how amazing it is to be yourself and accepting of all people, why 2 girls went from spending every second together, most interviews together, photoshoots together, holidays together, events together and then went to slim to nothing regarding eachother or their characters? I'd say it's not because of the fans love for them or the network being assholes or RIB being assholes. I'd say it's because they were together at one point. It's too bizzare to go from that to nothing. If rumors were rumors, unless you had something to hide/prove, you'd laugh them off and maybe induldge fans in a little fun. If something happened in the past or is happening currently, this is the exact behavior I'd expect. In fact, I've often wondered if RIB were trying to push Bram so hard and give nothing to Brittana fans and insult them etc... maybe to give us no hope for Brittana, which then takes away from Heya. I know we hate them, but I honestly think the cast is really thankful for Ryan, and that he would do what he could to help someone out if he knew them.

That got long and I don't even know if I got my opinion across, but I'd say yes, fans are a bit much sometimes, but if you didn't have anything to hide, I bet things would look a lot different.
Sometimes I honestly wonder if this is why Brittana is such a sore topic for almost everyone connected with the show. They resent us for constantly harping on something that for them is awkward and painful.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:37 AM
:lol: Naya's commercial just came on
lol It came on right after a lesbian kiss when i was watching supernatural.
Posted Image
Goto Top

Unregistered

Rafa
A Different Life
Stoners
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:38 AM
Pagecostco and I just wanted to say that to me at least obviously Heya became hyper aware of things they do, or say. Naya would know especially bc she has Twitter, and even without a Twitter, Heather would know too what fans are saying/thinking. I do in a way feel a little bad that obviously their friendship changed in a large way due to Brittana/Heya fans, bc we do love them so much; the slightest mention or pic or Brittana scene, we lose our shit, rightfully so bc they're soulmats lbr haha. But in a way I don't feel bad, bc the other half of me thinks the hyper awareness stems from someplace else. You could find any tv show and find 2 characters that have a ship. Many with real life ships too. Almost, if not all don't go the lengths that Heya do to hide even speculation/talk about anything. They play along with fans.. I know it would be a little annoying to want to have a personal life and enjoy things unrelated to your workplace, but imo if you spend all your time together with someone who you call your best friend and speak so highly of them all the time, to virtually non-existant in the way of mentions or pics or interviews from either, I would say: you have something to hide, you're not friends with someone (which I certainly don't think is the case here) or you have extreme gay panic with fan rumors about you being into girls. It's not even a lesbian ship on tv thing, bc other actresses don't seem to have any problem with it. Even people who aren't playing lesbians don't mind it (Ashley Benson/Shay Mitchell, Anna Kendrick/Brittany Snow, Sasha Alexander/Angie Harmon). To me it's a Heather/Naya thing.

Because honestly (especially) after being on a show like Glee and talking about how amazing it is to be yourself and accepting of all people, why 2 girls went from spending every second together, most interviews together, photoshoots together, holidays together, events together and then went to slim to nothing regarding eachother or their characters? I'd say it's not because of the fans love for them or the network being assholes or RIB being assholes. I'd say it's because they were together at one point. It's too bizzare to go from that to nothing. If rumors were rumors, unless you had something to hide/prove, you'd laugh them off and maybe induldge fans in a little fun. If something happened in the past or is happening currently, this is the exact behavior I'd expect. In fact, I've often wondered if RIB were trying to push Bram so hard and give nothing to Brittana fans and insult them etc... maybe to give us no hope for Brittana, which then takes away from Heya. I know we hate them, but I honestly think the cast is really thankful for Ryan, and that he would do what he could to help someone out if he knew them.

That got long and I don't even know if I got my opinion across, but I'd say yes, fans are a bit much sometimes, but if you didn't have anything to hide, I bet things would look a lot different.
Sometimes I honestly wonder if this is why Brittana is such a sore topic for almost everyone connected with the show. They resent us for constantly harping on something that for them is awkward and painful.
If that were they case, they should have put a stop to it in S2. If it was such a sensitive subject and RIB had any respect for their rs, they should have never gone down that road. ^o)
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:41 AM

If that were they case, they should have put a stop to it in S2. If it was such a sensitive subject and RIB had any respect for their rs, they should have never gone down that road. ^o)
But remember, according to them it was all about Santana's ~journey. They actually seemed surprised that people were shipping her with Brittany in a serious way and expecting them to follow through on a RS.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:45 AM

But remember, according to them it was all about Santana's ~journey. They actually seemed surprised that people were shipping her with Brittany in a serious way and expecting them to follow through on a RS.
Then they should have brought in another girl. There are just so many ways they could have done this if they wanted to respect HeYa's rs. But they are assholes and always exploit the actor's lives.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Rafa
Dance On Our Graves (Completed)
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
tell me again
that we'll be lovers and friends
Goto Top

Unregistered

They were never surprised. They were just ignorant and too busy wanting Brittany to never grow up along with not giving a fuck amour lesbian and girls in general getting storylines that don't involve men.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:37 AM

If she can get casted in a movie as a badass mofo a la Michelle Rodriguez. I think she'll have it made.
Yes I hope she does, hopefully her and her team are working on getting her name out there
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:36 AM

No one is being certain.

Just it would be cool if she ever decided to branch out. It's not the end of the world.
Sorry I didn't mean to phrase it like that. I was trying to respond to you and got sidetracked by the posts that put lea and the others in a league above naya. When really, they're all in the same boat.
Goto Top

Unregistered

I honestly just think it was gay panic in hemos part. The story line stemmed from heya and it was never expected to take off. When it did I feel like heather got scarred because of her hope of having a family and not disappointing her mom. I feel like her bringing her mom up when there's a brittana question is a defense mechanism. Also, her bringing Sid at the 3d premiere felt forced. It felt like she was making a statement which she actually verbalized saying "I got a man."
Tinhat over.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:47 AM

Then they should have brought in another girl. There are just so many ways they could have done this if they wanted to respect HeYa's rs. But they are assholes and always exploit the actor's lives.
These writers dgaf about girls nonetheless lesbians. Why u think they badly rushed her "journey" and Brittana getting together?? Sam's stupid celeb expressions get more focus than them.

Its a show run by sexist, misogynistic pricks. They couldn't care less. And q random girl isn't going to change that.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Couldn't agree more.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Ok, just reading the spoilers and LOL, he's so invested in the idea that they have to be alike that he loses his mind when he realizes she isn't as stupid as he thought she was? It's like he needs her to define himself or something.

I feel like they will spend the next two eps with him getting over Brittany. I wouldn't be surprised if Superstition was an intervention for him or something.

I hope Brittany finally gets over coddling him.

And I do like that she would even think to go to MIT. Maybe she did listen to what Santana said about aiming higher. It can't have been anyone else's idea.
Goto Top

Unregistered

:clap: :clap: I agree with just about everything you've said.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:48 AM
Posted Image
tell me again
that we'll be lovers and friends
:lol: For some reason that made me laugh.
Goto Top

Unregistered

I would rather see Naya pretty much leave the show and work on her album and other projects than see Santana with a new LI. Especially if they plan to do the same thing with the new LI as they did with Bleh, shoving it down our throats and giving them everything we ever wanted for Brittana and then some.
Goto Top

Unregistered

@NayaRivera: Feeling so blessed right now. It was a good day :-)
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:56 AM
We need a ten page essay as to why Naya ;)
Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 18 2013, 03:56 AM
She found out the sex of the baby!
Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic