Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
The Calzona Thread
Topic Started: Sep 25 2012, 07:16 PM (1,784,895 Views)
Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 04:25 PM
Oct 30 2012, 03:25 PM
Oct 30 2012, 03:06 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
That's the trouble with the writers, they leave way too much out of the Calzona storyline, it's has if some of their most important scenes are played offscreen. Also have we heard Callie mention Arizona's name at all in the lawsuit proceedings, has she tearfullly said her wife is suffering and had to loose a leg. No she hasn't and if some of her words are implying Arizona why the hell are the writers making it so vague. Why can't she just say ARIZONA MY WIFE!

The scenes just give the impression she is fighting for Mark and Sofia, just like my mom thinks. We see more because we are so invested but I fear casual viewers don't look for the more subtle aspects in dialogue and characters like we do. :'(
In one of the lawsuit meetings, Callie said my wife is disabled.
And that the money would pay for Arizona's rehab.

Callie had to be speaking for Arizona also because the decision had to be unanimous. And Arizona didn't go or make any decision.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 02:28 PM
You Callie bashers are ruining this thread. Every time I come to check out what's happening, it's the same bullshit. Can't we just discuss the show? Why does it have to turn into this, every fucking time? So what that she's bisexual, it's part of the story. And it is just a story. And no, I'm not bisexual, before I get accused. I like Calzona, I hope Shonda gives us a good season.
I think we should start reporting. I'm fucking tired of seeing the same old idiots who do nothing else than troll the thread all day just to bash Callie cause she dared having sex with a man and get pregnant while FUCKING SINGLE. This biphobia is disgusting.

Grow a brain.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 02:38 PM
You Callie bashers are ruining this thread. Every time I come to check out what's happening, it's the same bullshit. Can't we just discuss the show? Why does it have to turn into this, every fucking time? So what that she's bisexual, it's part of the story. And it is just a story. And no, I'm not bisexual, before I get accused. I like Calzona, I hope Shonda gives us a good season.
it's a fucking discussion board, some don't like the way Callie is portrayed and it is reflected in posts. You may not like it but that's how it rolls.

It's not going to be all fluffy bunnies and shit, it's not a fan site ^o)
No it does not roll that way, sweetheart. This is a Calzona APPRECIATION thread, not a We love Arizona, Callie should just die one, got that through your head?
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 06:33 PM
it's a fucking discussion board, some don't like the way Callie is portrayed and it is reflected in posts. You may not like it but that's how it rolls.

No it does not roll that way, sweetheart. This is a Calzona APPRECIATION thread, not a We love Arizona, Callie should just die one, got that through your head?
Right. Most people on here love the couple, want to talk about the couple, and what they want to see happen with the couple. A very small few, maybe even one person, want to tear them down at every turn.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 02:41 PM
Oct 30 2012, 02:36 PM
Oct 30 2012, 10:39 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepPosted Image

Posted Image
You dont really know that. You have a job and you try to do it well. Writers and producers also have a job and they try to do it well. Aside from the actors, theres a whole group of people that depend on Shonda Rhrimes to keep them employed. For some of you to act like Shonda is going to be playing games like lying about someones maternity leave is ridiculous, simply because some of you think Greys is the only thing she worries about in life.
It's called an opinion darling, yep I don't know for sure but neither do you.
Then you should say it like it is your opinion and not like it is a fact.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 06:50 PM

Posted Image
The poster did say it's their opinion, can you not fucking read.
Goto Top

Unregistered

After all, the Hahn relationship was so cringeworthy that no body should have any, any complaints about Calzona. Seriously...
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Unpopular opinions IMO

This was at the head of the post, were did they say anything as FACT?
IMO=in my opinon
Goto Top

Unregistered

It is called 'THE CALZONA THREAD'
It's a discussion board, so what if some diss Callie's character traits, you cannot censor people's opinons just because you don't like them.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:00 PM
After all, the Hahn relationship was so cringeworthy that no body should have any, any complaints about Calzona. Seriously...
True. Lol

I love Calzona. Sometimes I would get irritated by Callie's behavior with Mark. Not because he's a guy because it's Mark. Same way people in the MerDer fandom dislike Cristina.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:12 PM
True. Lol

I love Calzona. Sometimes I would get irritated by Callie's behavior with Mark. Not because he's a guy because it's Mark. Same way people in the MerDer fandom dislike Cristina.
Looking back, I actually feel sorry for SaRa having to have played that story. Calzona is better by miles and miles. It seems real to me, for both characters. "Callie" has grown so much because of "Arizona". Nothing in the story was cringeworthy. The Africa thing, I didn't love, but I literally had second hand embarrassment for Callie in the Hahn story.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:07 PM

It's a discussion board, so what if some diss Callie's character traits, you cannot censor people's opinons just because you don't like them.
:eyeroll: Every couple's thread on this board is meant to appreciate the pair not bash one half of it as a daily routine. Did you read anywhere it's forbidden to disagree with an opinion or wrong to critize Callie? Nope. But when it goes on for fifty pages its annonying and bordering on trolling.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Exactly. This isn't actually an appreciation thread, and the thread doesn't have a mod or pinned rules. So people are free to dislike Callie (or Arizona) and their storyline(s), as long as they don't outright troll and reply to themselves etc.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:22 PM
True. Lol

Looking back, I actually feel sorry for SaRa having to have played that story. Calzona is better by miles and miles. It seems real to me, for both characters. "Callie" has grown so much because of "Arizona". Nothing in the story was cringeworthy. The Africa thing, I didn't love, but I literally had second hand embarrassment for Callie in the Hahn story.
I think the difference is the chemistry. And also the character's personalities(Arizona and Erica).
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:24 PM

:eyeroll: Every couple's thread on this board is meant to appreciate the pair not bash one half of it as a daily routine. Did you read anywhere it's forbidden to disagree with an opinion or wrong to critize Callie? Nope. But when it goes on for fifty pages its annonying and bordering on trolling.
I don't agree, some just seem frustrated with the way the writers have Callie's attitute this season so far and they are expressing concern for the couples interaction. Yes there are some that just troll about Callie because she slept with Mark etc but you shouldn't lump all the posters together.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:03 PM

Posted Image
Unpopular opinions IMO

This was at the head of the post, were did they say anything as FACT?
IMO=in my opinon
then you're just another butt hurt grey's anatomy fan. lol
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:34 PM

I think the difference is the chemistry. And also the character's personalities(Arizona and Erica).
I definitely saw no chemistry. When it was supposed to be hot, it never was. JCap brought the hot from the beginning and I could actually see Callie falling for Arizona. No strain to make it work.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:36 PM

I don't agree, some just seem frustrated with the way the writers have Callie's attitute this season so far and they are expressing concern for the couples interaction. Yes there are some that just troll about Callie because she slept with Mark etc but you shouldn't lump all the posters together.
same old bull shit, arizona is worshiped like she's a saint and callie is treated like she's the devil. both characters right now are going through a hard time and won't be portrayed in the best light because that's what happens when bad shit happens. humans act human, yet callie gets picked on one more time by the bisexuality phobes in this thread
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:42 PM

same old bull shit, arizona is worshiped like she's a saint and callie is treated like she's the devil. both characters right now are going through a hard time and won't be portrayed in the best light because that's what happens when bad shit happens. humans act human, yet callie gets picked on one more time by the bisexuality phobes in this thread
It's not about Callie being bisexual. Which she's never said she is.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:51 PM

right. -_-
Goto Top

Unregistered

Yes, it has been stated in the show that she's bisexual.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:52 PM

By Callie?
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:54 PM

By Callie?
When Arizona came back from Africa, they had a conversation in which Arizona stated that Callie was bisexual.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:58 PM

By Callie?
When Arizona came back from Africa, they had a conversation in which Arizona stated that Callie was bisexual.
Yeah, I remember that. I do think she is bisexual. I was just saying she's never labeled herself.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:59 PM
Oct 30 2012, 07:58 PM

Yeah, I remember that. I do think she is bisexual. I was just saying she's never labeled herself.
Arizona said "I know that you're bisexual" sounded like Callie told her so in some of their conversations.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 07:40 PM

I definitely saw no chemistry. When it was supposed to be hot, it never was. JCap brought the hot from the beginning and I could actually see Callie falling for Arizona. No strain to make it work.
Good thing GA screwed that story up or we would have never got JCap/Arizona.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 08:08 PM

I think they knew it wasn't working, hence the parking lot of nowhere. I don't think they screwed up. I think they did all they could for something to catch fire and the actresses or something just could not make it believable.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Most ship threads are bile filled. This was one of the few 'decent' ones where differences in opinion were respected & debate was healthy. No flaming or pathetic name calling

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Since S9 it's turned into what I imagine the Lohan or Gleetard threads to be like.
If it's just the one (Callie hating) troll can we not just ignore her ladies?

FORZA CALZONA :wub:
Goto Top

Unregistered

:clap: At least have the guts to say I hate Callie because she's a bislut and has fucked Mark over and over again while Arizona is the bonafide perfect lesbian instead of making up poor excuses.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 08:19 PM

:clap: At least have the guts to say I hate Callie because she's a bislut and has fucked Mark over and over again while Arizona is the bonafide perfect lesbian instead of making up poor excuses.
WTF are you talking about, so if someone says they don't like how Callie is this season they are making excuses because they are really Callie hating trolls. Talk about narrow minded bullshit.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 08:12 PM

I think they knew it wasn't working, hence the parking lot of nowhere. I don't think they screwed up. I think they did all they could for something to catch fire and the actresses or something just could not make it believable.
It wasn't working at all, but they did get a lot of negative feedback. I think that's why they decided to give Arizona and Callie a go. I think overall, Calzona's relationship has been handled really well, minus season 7. But I feel like they are treated like all the other couples. Every couple on GA has some serious issues.
Goto Top

Unregistered

You got the guts to hate a fake character, good for you. Let's give you a basket of awards. Please.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Why do people watch this show & frequent this thread if they hate the show so much?

Crazy fools.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 08:44 PM

You got the guts to hate a fake character, good for you. Let's give you a basket of awards. Please.
Reading comprehension fail.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 30 2012, 08:12 PM

Brooke Smith was not a very good actress, she didn't bring alot of charm to Erica so its difficult to see what Callie would see in her. Arizona was much more likeable. Of course some complained that she was fired because she wasn't considered conventionally attractive enough or what not but I don't really buy that because there are a few not so conventionally attractive ladies on Grey's and its not issue. I think it was just her lack of chemistry with SR. One good point for the show is that at least they didn't dump the whole idea and have Callie go back to men.

Interestingly enough I think that Callie's storyline is part of a dying breed of doing the somewhat out of nowhere adult coming out story, where they have a previously straight adult character get involved with a woman despite no indication of it in the past. Not saying these stories are always wrong or inaccurate but they don't seem as popular as they come were.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic