Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
why are lesbian bars so divided
Topic Started: Sep 10 2012, 10:20 PM (1,100 Views)
Unregistered

i went to one the other night and everyone was either really femme or really butch and im like a tomboy.
It was like being in the twilight zone...
Quote Post Goto Top

What
Unregistered

...guess no one wanted to talk about segregation in 2012?

Well, I go to straight bars. Depending on where you live, lesbians are more prejudice than straight people.
Femmes never speak to me ...and gay men love me because I look like one of them :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

What
Sep 26 2012, 10:06 AM

Well, I go to straight bars. Depending on where you live, lesbians are more prejudice than straight people.
Femmes never speak to me ...and gay men love me because I look like one of them :D
Not true.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 13 2017, 08:59 AM
What

Not true.
Not OP. It's true. Way more judgmental than straights ..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

What

Not true.
I never, ever met anyone I ended up hooking up with at a bar.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 13 2017, 09:14 AM
What

Not true.
X2, unfortunately. I've lived in a handful of states and have had similar experiences. It seems that many lesbian bars are too concerned about whom to exclude and other bars (straight, gay, mixed) don't care. It's just more fun for me. Better energy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Sep 10 2012, 10:20 PM
i went to one the other night and everyone was either really femme or really butch and im like a tomboy.
I live in LA. I'm high femme and I appear to be white. How was it explained by my friends. I get looked like a piece of meat immediately at the entrance. It freaked my friends out. It was as though the room got quiet, everyone, started looking and talking about me. There is a dress code I didn't catch. Most of the high femmes look like trash, Kat Von D, lots of tattoos, make up. I don't fit into that category, I have more the girl next door look, i.e. I get told I look like Jennifer Aniston when she was young.

Anyway, you are not alone. Most of my ex-gfs were anti the LA lesbian scene. And the girl, I'm seeing now, has never been to any of the gay bars in LA, too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 13 2017, 08:23 PM
I live in LA. I'm high femme and I appear to be white. How was it explained by my friends. I get looked like a piece of meat immediately at the entrance. It freaked my friends out. It was as though the room got quiet, everyone, started looking and talking about me. There is a dress code I didn't catch. Most of the high femmes look like trash, Kat Von D, lots of tattoos, make up. I don't fit into that category, I have more the girl next door look, i.e. I get told I look like Jennifer Aniston when she was young.

Anyway, you are not alone. Most of my ex-gfs were anti the LA lesbian scene. And the girl, I'm seeing now, has never been to any of the gay bars in LA, too.
then how does one meet lesbians? other than dating apps of course which isnt my thing at all
Quote Post Goto Top

Willi Wonka
Unregistered

So you had the best of both worlds .... :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 13 2017, 09:14 AM
What

Not true.
also not OP and i find the too be extremely true. i only go to lesbian and gay clubs and i am always surprised how shallow everyone is. everything is about how the "other" person looks but never about themselves.
Quote Post Goto Top

Purplepink
Member Avatar

Feb 14 2017, 04:38 AM
Feb 13 2017, 08:23 PM

then how does one meet lesbians? other than dating apps of course which isnt my thing at all
We pray at night. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply