Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Tig Notaro; She has cancer.
Topic Started: Aug 5 2012, 08:27 PM (15,301 Views)
Unregistered

No joke.

Somewhere, her stalker is flicking her bean furiously in delight.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I guess voodoo dolls really do work.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hope she gets better. Shes actually a funny comedian!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 5 2012, 08:27 PM
No joke.

What was the stalker's story again? It was so long ago I barely remember. I know she started posting on DL and then moved over to L Anon for a time. Something about getting kicked out of one of her shows because she resembled Tig's ex or something?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Isn't she really the root of why lchat is here today?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 5 2012, 08:52 PM
No joke.

What was the stalker's story again? It was so long ago I barely remember. I know she started posting on DL and then moved over to L Anon for a time. Something about getting kicked out of one of her shows because she resembled Tig's ex or something?
she was "lovelydear" on L Anon. There's a video of her out there of her having a hissy fit outside some venue.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 5 2012, 08:58 PM
No joke.

she was "lovelydear" on L Anon. There's a video of her out there of her having a hissy fit outside some venue.
Yeah, I'm no fan of Tig or anything, but LD was quite the obsessed loon. I think Tig started dating LD's ex or something like that, so LD started stalking Tig. Tig was granted a RO against LD, who in turn made it her life's work to get revenge through blogs and who knows what else. Her rants/blogs and the court documents on the RO matter were online, and may can still be found. There used to be discussion and links at DL, but they always got deleted for some reason.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

That's so sad to hear about the cancer and the stalker. She was awesome on the This American Life Live Show. The Taylor Dane bit was hilarious. I hope she gets well and avoids crazy people. Stalkers are the worst.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

what kind of cancer does she have?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Who is Tig dating now?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 6 2012, 12:23 AM
what kind of cancer does she have?
breast, in both I think
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

No joke.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=in%20caco%2020091119028.xml&docbase=cslwar3-2007-curr
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 5 2012, 11:20 PM
Aug 5 2012, 08:58 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Yeah, I'm no fan of Tig or anything, but LD was quite the obsessed loon. I think Tig started dating LD's ex or something like that, so LD started stalking Tig. Tig was granted a RO against LD, who in turn made it her life's work to get revenge through blogs and who knows what else. Her rants/blogs and the court documents on the RO matter were online, and may can still be found. There used to be discussion and links at DL, but they always got deleted for some reason.
I don't know if they are still there, but some of Notaro's old youtube clips had that psycho's comments under various guises. The creeper even had a website devoted to rambling, illogical treatises about the evil of Notaro.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 10 2012, 07:43 PM
No joke.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=in%20caco%2020091119028.xml&docbase=cslwar3-2007-curr
So her sister supported the stalking, and then her mother testified on her behalf? Does anyone have a transcript of the testimony?

It's kind of unusual for the whole family to exhibit similar mental illness.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

http://breastcancer.about.com/b/2012/08/06/tig-notaro-does-stand-up-to-breast-cancer.htm

"Although Tig usually makes her fans laugh, this time she made them laugh and cry as she told them that just 3 days earlier she had been diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer. She wasn't making light of her cancer, but she did give a very personal slant on her recent string of bad events: her mother's sudden death from a fall, her own hospitalization due to a bacterial infection, a relationship breakup, and then breast cancer."
Quote Post Goto Top

lobd
Unregistered

Anyone know why every thread mentioning Tig Notaro is deleted from DL?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Why is the moderator deleting all comments critical of Tig Notaro . WTF?
Quote Post Goto Top

lou
Unregistered

OP is Tig Notaro. Pathetic.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I hate to possibly bring up this topic again if she has a crazy stalker, but I wanted to ask if anyone was listening to Professor Blastoff and Tig's speaking about cancer? The way she's been talking about her cancer diagnosis and the insanity in her life has been so poignant. Apparently her set at Largo is going to be broadcast as a This American Life episode. What's interesting to me about Tig is that she not only gets a lot of respect from the guys in the industry, and comedy is such a guy's club, but that her comedy is not pigeon-holed as being women's comedy or and she's not pigeon-holed and ghettoized as being a female stand up. Maybe it's because it's a "he/she robot" so she kind of transcends the gendered comedy bullshit. If I had to guess, she's really going to get a huge bump from her TAL exposure and might wind up being as well known as David Sedaris and Sarah Silverman, which will be cool. I think she's really talented.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Anyone think she's dating Amy Schumer?
Quote Post Goto Top

ilovelana
Member Avatar

Wow that sucks :( I really liked her in that episode of Sarah Silverman.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

ilovelana
Mar 10 2013, 10:26 PM
Why would that suck? They're both awesome.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I really like her podcast and thought her friendship with lake bell was really cute on her episode. It was the first time I really heard her break from her lackadaisical style.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

On Professor Bladtoff, regular guest Sasha Cohen....is her Ex. She's had some hot GFs
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 11 2013, 12:25 AM
On Professor Bladtoff, regular guest Sasha Cohen....is her Ex. She's had some hot GFs
Ooh, who else?

also that girl went to my rival high school at the same time as me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 10 2013, 07:31 PM
Is Amy gay?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 11 2013, 12:25 AM
http://www.earwolf.com/show/professor-blastoff/
Quote Post Goto Top

ilovelana
Member Avatar

Mar 11 2013, 12:01 AM
ilovelana
It sucks that she has cancer.. not sure what else you could mean?

Unregistered

Did her cancer treatment work & is she in remission now?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 11 2013, 12:41 AM
I believe so
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 11 2013, 12:45 AM
Mar 11 2013, 12:41 AM
I believe so
That's awesome news! Glad she kicked the big C in the ass.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/10/the-jv-club-32-tig-notaro/

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/02/the-jv-club-49-live-at-sf-sketchfest-with-tig-notaro/
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

ilovelana
Mar 11 2013, 12:38 AM
Mar 11 2013, 12:01 AM
ilovelana
It sucks that she has cancer.. not sure what else you could mean?
Oh, I thought you were talking about her possibly dating Amy Schumer. :hug: Yeah, cancer sucks.
Quote Post Goto Top

downside
Member Avatar
WHAT?
Mar 10 2013, 07:31 PM
No. Amy is my girlfriend. :shifty:

downside
Member Avatar
WHAT?
Inside Amy Schumer: Cancer excuse

Funny video from Amy's show.

Inside Amy Schumer: 5-K

And another one.
Edited by downside, Jul 31 2013, 09:04 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply