Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Does the thumb ring mean anything?; Does it mean LESBIAN?
Topic Started: Jul 24 2012, 12:34 AM (10,903 Views)
Unregistered

I need to know. Does it mean lesbian or does it mean... nothing!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 12:34 AM
I need to know. Does it mean lesbian or does it mean... nothing!
means nothing
Quote Post Goto Top

Same Guest
Unregistered

It is supposed to be a sign that a woman is gay yes, but it shouldn't be taken a clear outing sign no. Unless its rainbow coloured. Is it rainbow coloured?

I wear a thumb ring, but i've always liked wearing one, since before i was aware that I was interested in women. Was I drawn to thumb rings because I was drawn to women? Who knows.

You could perhaps say that a thumb ring isn't the most feminine thing to wear and lesbians are often associated with masculinity (not that fems don't wear them and vice versa) but really it doesn't mean anything.

I don't think I know any straight women who wear one though.

Why do you need to know?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

lol you need to know.

it means they're stuck in the 90s.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I only know 2 girls who wear them. They're both fat and they are both straight.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I wear one on my right hand. I got it when I was 19 when I was first coming out (this was many many moons ago).

I know one other girl who wears one on her right hand too. She's bi-curious. Don't know why she wears it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I (OP) need to know because I met someone who wears one, and I was wondering about her...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Short answer is that it makes it much more likely but not absolutely certain. Few straight girls wear them because the association with lesbians is nearly universal, but there are exceptions. Hippy and slightly alternative types frequently do too, gay and straight.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Straight girls take everything. I know straight girls who have rainbow color bracelets and keychains.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 03:23 PM
I (OP) need to know because I met someone who wears one, and I was wondering about her...
how would you describe her style? if she's super alternative, a thumb ring is a necessity.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 03:30 PM
Straight girls take everything. I know straight girls who have rainbow color bracelets and keychains.
This so much! I'm femme and it's like I'm invisible for gay girls, so I basically have everything, the thumb ring, rainbow necklace, keychain, also purple bracelet... and still when I had a conversation with a gay girl in a gay bar she told me she thought I was straight and juts playing around with all that gay stuff :-/
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

It means that you've got no style.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

how would you describe her style?

She doesn't seem to care that much about clothes. From what I see, clothes look pretty gym/athletic. Cut her hair recently (changed to a short, and frankly more lesbian-looking cut!)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 03:37 PM
Jul 24 2012, 03:30 PM
This so much! I'm femme and it's like I'm invisible for gay girls, so I basically have everything, the thumb ring, rainbow necklace, keychain, also purple bracelet... and still when I had a conversation with a gay girl in a gay bar she told me she thought I was straight and juts playing around with all that gay stuff :-/
:rofl:

Aww that sucksssss. But I laughed. :lol:

:rofl:

I can just imagine that scene unfolding lol.

:lol:

Ok I'm done here
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 03:41 PM
It means that you've got no style.
One of my best friends have them in both thumbs. She is straight (she has a boyfriend) and she is this little cutest hipster. The thing is she is SO hot, rings included and she has style so, maybe it's just means that they like them :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I thought it was a pinky ring?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 05:03 PM
Its both. But pink usually (not always) could mean they are in a relationship where as thumb does not.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 05:37 PM
Jul 24 2012, 05:03 PM
Its both. But pink usually (not always) could mean they are in a relationship where as thumb does not.
* pinky ring
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

:gaypimp:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

Does that answer your question? :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Same Guest
Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 05:45 PM
Posted Image

lol!

I was wondering exactly this when I was responding. Does Kristen Stewart wear one? Now we know :shifty:

From your description OP she could be gay, but for me its all about the way a girl carries herself. Usually if a girl was straight and she has short hair, we'd say, "ah what a cute pixie crop she has", and if a girl is gay and has exactly the same hair cut, we'd find ourselves saying, "G-A-Y! So f*ing gay. Look at that GAY HAIR!!". But really, its not the fact that her hair is short that makes us think shes gay, its the fact that shes gay... You know what i'm saying? There's just something there. We can say its the thumb ring, its the clothes, the this, the that, all we like. It ain't gonna cut the mustard. Bitch loves clit. That's why.

Now the question is, do you think there's something there because there IS something there, or is it 'cause you WANT something to be there?

You talked to her? What she like?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Yes, I have talked to her. She's in that I-can't-really-tell (if she is or isn't) category...
She has a certain way of walking, too!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ugh, this reminds me of my sorry ass wearing a thumb ring 2 years ago just to ping and have girls know I was into them, but what I found is that the few girls who actually wore them were straight so I thought it was a waste of time.
Quote Post Goto Top

Who invited you
Member Avatar

not at all!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

No, they can also be straight nymphos. Please don't ask me how I know this..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

And her ring finger is longer than her index finger, so I vote yes.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 25 2012, 12:56 AM
Posted Image

This a joke right, it's a 90s thing that gay guys used to wear . Now it's like piercing and tattoos everyone has them . I would say I see more straights wearing them.
Quote Post Goto Top

Same Guest
Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 07:18 PM
Yes, I have talked to her. She's in that I-can't-really-tell (if she is or isn't) category...
She has a certain way of walking, too!
ahhh the walk... (OT: In the opening scene of the film Juno [where Ellen Page walks down the street] my initial thought was "wait, doesn't she get pregnant in this? oh is that why everyone's talking about it??" Then by the end of the film... :blinkwide: 'Bitch, whodou think u kidin??' beaverlickemo )

drop a few gay issues into conversation, see how she reacts to marriage equality, or mention an ex girlfriend. Are you out? Besides asking her directly, the only way to go about it is to let her know you are interested in woman, then at least one of you knows where you both stand.

Maybe she could be but hasn't met the right girl yet! :D You could be that girl! drop a few hints that you could be interested! Make her see you as a possibility,
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 24 2012, 05:40 PM
Posted Image

HAHAHAHA!!!!! GRrrrooooossssssss :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

see how she reacts to marriage equality
I know she is liberal, doesn't have a problem with that

Quote:

mention an ex girlfriend. Are you out?
Work environment. Selectively to a few, not to all, do not want to be there

Quote:

Maybe she could be but hasn't met the right girl yet
This may be the case!

Quote:

You could be that girl!
oh, it seems like a lot of work to turn a straight girl, or wavering girl....But maybe she has experimented before...or wants to?

Quote:

drop a few hints that you could be interested!
I dropped one, complimented her

Quote:

Make her see you as a possibility
- I might do that!

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 25 2012, 01:01 AM
Jul 25 2012, 12:56 AM
Posted Image

This a joke right, it's a 90s thing that gay guys used to wear . Now it's like piercing and tattoos everyone has them . I would say I see more straights wearing them.
Oh please guurlfriend your people didn't 'invent' the thumb ring, lesbians have been wearing them since.. forever.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I knew a hairy barbarian women that wielded her enormous thumb rings like bracelets of Wonder Woman herself! Mess with her and she would sound a warning 'ching' 'ching'.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

I guess that would now mean NO.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 27 2012, 12:09 AM
Jul 24 2012, 05:40 PM
Posted Image

HAHAHAHA!!!!! GRrrrooooossssssss :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted Image

Just sayin' :gaypimp:
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply