Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
South of Nowhere; Airing Repeats
Topic Started: Jul 18 2012, 01:12 AM (34,144 Views)
Unregistered

Jan 19 2013, 07:15 PM
Jan 19 2013, 06:57 PM
You all hated season 3, what happened? I only got to watch the first 2 seasons.
Well, let's see if i remember.

The season starts two o three months after the shooting. Ashley returns from Europe, where she went running after the shooting because she didn't know how to deal. She spent all that time ignoring Spencer's calls, but talking to Aiden. :blinkwide:

understandibly, Spencer dumps her sorry ass, so Ashley ends up dating/screwing aiden for a while, before he dumps her because he realizes she's using him.

Ashley and Kyla's inheritance comes through, so they get their geds and start living the hollywood life...partying every night and whatever... you know, trying to be hollywood socialites and stuff. Kyla ends up involved in drugs and with some creepy blogger dude or something. In the end she gets clean. of course

Spencer moves on from Ashley and dates some chick called carmen, who she dumps because she got abusive and pushed her during an argument. She and Ashley are still friendly and eventually get together after Ashley convinces Paula to go to pride with Spencer and her dad.

Glen is a mess who doesn't know what to do with his life, he even falls for that cute girl who was dating clay and was pregnant with his child until she loses the baby in some lame freak accident.

Aiden whines and whines and whines and whines :dramaqueen: because no one wants him anymore, because he can't get into the college he wanted, bla, bla, bla.

In the end, IIRC, Glen goes back to school to become a basketball coach, the cute black girl whose name I cannot remember rn goes to paris to be an artist, don't remember (or curr) what Aiden was gonna do, Ashley realizes she wants to be a songwriter cause the spotlight isn't for her, Spencer wants to be a filmmaker and decides to go to UCLA, Madison is gonna be a singer and Ashley will write her songs ( :blinkwide: )...and Spashely move in together.

In short, a lot of people being annoying most of the time and annoying OTT stuff.
What a fucking mess!!! See I don't like it when shows do this, put in a million stupid things to try to be all revolutionary and interesting but it's all just messy and ridiculous. Like Glee.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Yeah it was a bit crazy but I was just happy Spencer and Ashley were together in the end. I wish they would do a movie or something to tie up the loose ends, since the 5 years later webisode and fan movie previews pretty much mind-fucked all the fans.

Also, the "marathon" of SON reruns that teennick did last summer was a joke, they never even finished airing the second season and just cut it off.
Quote Post Goto Top

Adventures

Jan 24 2013, 04:19 AM
Yeah it was a bit crazy but I was just happy Spencer and Ashley were together in the end. I wish they would do a movie or something to tie up the loose ends, since the 5 years later webisode and fan movie previews pretty much mind-fucked all the fans.

Also, the "marathon" of SON reruns that teennick did last summer was a joke, they never even finished airing the second season and just cut it off.
they were going to make a movie. they put out this video or something up on youtube and said that if it got over a certain amount of views, i think it said like 100,000 or something, they were going to make a movie but it never reached that many views.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Sparkl3z
Jan 24 2013, 04:49 AM

they were going to make a movie. they put out this video or something up on youtube and said that if it got over a certain amount of views, i think it said like 100,000 or something, they were going to make a movie but it never reached that many views.
yeah those are the fan movie previews I was talking about. I think they said 100,000 views from both videos combined and I think they actually reached it, but backed out for some reason.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Sparkl3z
Jan 24 2013, 04:49 AM

It did reach the views. IIRC, they were trying to get a movie or series off the ground with MTV and they wanted to show the network that there was interest. But in the end the whole thing fell through because MTV wasn't interested.

TBH, I don't really count the videos released after the actual finale because they kind of suck.

Spashley baby with Aiden as a donor? Hell no.

Broken up Spashley? Meh.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

There used to be some really amazing spashley fan fiction on spashley.com!!!! I miss that site... I'd like to reread some of those stories, not gonna lie..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 24 2013, 06:03 AM
There used to be some really amazing spashley fan fiction on spashley.com!!!! I miss that site... I'd like to reread some of those stories, not gonna lie..
The best I've seen was on fanfiction.southofnowhereonline.com/fanfiction_list.php from Muse
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 24 2013, 06:12 AM
The best I've seen was on fanfiction.southofnowhereonline.com/fanfiction_list.php from Muse
*mute
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I mean what I appreciated was that the main character was a lesbian we don't see that too often on tv
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Is it down again? It came back recently after being offline for years. I got on & managed to snag my fave fic.

Try it - you may be pleasantly surprised...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Did any of you read Walking Corpses Land of Lincoln or Lessons you learned? Those fics were what made me watch south of nowhere.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 24 2013, 04:47 PM
I mean what I appreciated was that the main character was a lesbian we don't see that too often on tv
True but Ashley was just too slutty
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 24 2013, 06:51 PM
Is it down again? It came back recently after being offline for years. I got on & managed to snag my fave fic.

Try it - you may be pleasantly surprised...
Wow just tried to log into the Spashley forum and it is back up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 25 2013, 12:52 AM
Did any of you read Walking Corpses Land of Lincoln or Lessons you learned? Those fics were what made me watch south of nowhere.
I read them when I was younger and thought they were amazing.. I wonder if I read them now if they would be any good lol
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 20 2013, 05:17 AM
I read them when I was younger and thought they were amazing.. I wonder if I read them now if they would be any good lol
Wasn't Walking Corpses like a total snot and full of herself? I don't remember reading any of her fics but I think I remember a lot of people loving her fics but disliking her online personality.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 20 2013, 05:43 AM
Wasn't Walking Corpses like a total snot and full of herself? I don't remember reading any of her fics but I think I remember a lot of people loving her fics but disliking her online personality.
she was way too full of herself
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 19 2013, 01:49 PM
Jan 19 2013, 10:15 AM
the girl who played kyla is a lesbian in real life
Show me the receipts -_-
she's a bottom
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2013, 11:06 PM
Feb 20 2013, 05:43 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
she was way too full of herself
I think she was bipolar.

I kind of miss this show. I find it amusing that the girls who played Spencer, Madison and Chelsea are still great friends but Mandy Musgrave appears to have made her world all about real life aiden.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Will Girltrash ever be out?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:14 PM
no
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:16 PM
no
Why?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:18 PM
no
Why?
bc no1 curr

jokes. but then again not. show is over, the "actors" are over - who would watch that shit besides like 7 lezzies scattered all over the planet?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2013, 11:09 PM
Jan 19 2013, 01:49 PM
Jan 19 2013, 10:15 AM
the girl who played kyla is a lesbian in real life
Show me the receipts -_-
she's a bottom
I can believe that :$
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:21 PM

Why?
bc no1 curr

jokes. but then again not. show is over, the "actors" are over - who would watch that shit besides like 7 lezzies scattered all over the planet?
But Girltrash wasn't about South of Nowhere. It was a dumb Angela Robinson movie like D.E.B.S. I bet there are lesbians that would like to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR4zXRdh73I
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Why?
bc no1 curr

Eh, they weren't great actors but they were young. They still have at least a decade to get in a tv show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:24 PM

bc no1 curr

But Girltrash wasn't about South of Nowhere. It was a dumb Angela Robinson movie like D.E.B.S. I bet there are lesbians that would like to see it:

movies are supposed to make money. they don't care if a minority would like to see stuff. if they think a movie can pull it off - they will release it. if they think it can't - they won't. lesbians are a too small/ununiformous group to cater to, so there hardly will be stuff to begin with.
girl trash could have been interesting to a larger audience in the very, very small time window the actresses actually were somewhat known. you know, like people thinking: they were cute...let's see what they got out now.
too special interest, i guess.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:29 PM

movies are supposed to make money. they don't care if a minority would like to see stuff. if they think a movie can pull it off - they will release it. if they think it can't - they won't. lesbians are a too small/ununiformous group to cater to, so there hardly will be stuff to begin with.
girl trash could have been interesting to a larger audience in the very, very small time window the actresses actually were somewhat known. you know, like people thinking: they were cute...let's see what they got out now.
But what's the point of making a movie and never release it? They should at least put it on DVD. At least they would make some of their money back.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:32 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR4zXRdh73I
But what's the point of making a movie and never release it? They should at least put it on DVD. At least they would make some of their money back.
not if putting it out on dvd would cost more than they expect to make.

would be kinda :beatdeadhorse: , wouldn't it. they tried something, didn't work, move on.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mein
Member Avatar
Cretin Owl
Nope, but last I checked the production company keeping the film in proverbial hostage was selling tee shirts to "fund" the film.

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:36 PM
Apr 9 2013, 01:32 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR4zXRdh73I could have been interesting to a larger audience in the very, very small time window the actresses actually were somewhat known. you know, like people thinking: they were cute...let's see what they got out now.
not if putting it out on dvd would cost more than they expect to make.

would be kinda :beatdeadhorse: , wouldn't it. they tried something, didn't work, move on.
Or at least release it on itunes.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mein
Apr 9 2013, 01:37 PM
Nope, but last I checked the production company keeping the film in proverbial hostage was selling tee shirts to "fund" the film.
I think this is where the real problem lies. ^o)
Quote Post Goto Top

Mein
Member Avatar
Cretin Owl
There was so far as a trailer for the film's release. Something broke down in the middle of production, and the film was basically taken away. It was hilariously lesbian filled drama on public social media that went as far as sexual harassment claims.

Unregistered

Apr 9 2013, 01:26 PM

bc no1 curr

Eh, they weren't great actors but they were young. They still have at least a decade to get in a tv show.
Gabby's short film just got selected for Cannes so at least she can have that now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mein
Apr 9 2013, 01:39 PM
There was so far as a trailer for the film's release. Something broke down in the middle of production, and the film was basically taken away. It was hilariously lesbian filled drama on public social media that went as far as sexual harassment claims.
Seriously? Who was harrassed?
Quote Post Goto Top

Mein
Member Avatar
Cretin Owl
Apr 9 2013, 01:41 PM
Mein
Apr 9 2013, 01:39 PM
Seriously? Who was harrassed?
A few of the actresses claimed they were harassed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply