Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
RIP Whitney Houston
Topic Started: Feb 12 2012, 01:07 AM (33,070 Views)
Unregistered

Posted Image

I'm listening to Whitney today and want to spread some love through her music.
Post your favorite songs, pics and discuss the legendary Whitney. No hate in here please.
First song I'm posting is a personal journey I'm going through.
Whitney Try it on my own

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Whitney I will always love you

So beautiful
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 06:43 AM
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Did you forget this thread?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 06:46 AM
Haven't seen that thread I'm new here. This is not about her death more about celebration.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 06:50 AM
Jun 27 2012, 06:46 AM
Haven't seen that thread I'm new here. This is not about her death more about celebration.
Whitney I'm your Baby Tonight
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

Full article here Whitneys greatest love of all
"I bring this up not to be gossipy or salacious, but really because, as my friend and fellow cultural commentator Nancy Balbirer astutely noted to me, it seems entirely possible that Houston’s underlying emotional conflict and eventual death is probably as attributable to homophobia as it is to anything else. It takes a lot of energy to stay closeted and most of us can only imagine what this felt like under the glare of fame as large as Whitney’s. Here’s what I do know: Robyn was real, she was around for years and they were definitely together. I also know that Arista Records and, indeed, the record business in general, was a homophobic place to be. In fact, after nine or ten months literally working on the floor, I was “fired” by a homophobic executive with the initials K.A. who didn’t like fags, even ones who worked five days a week for free. The label needed to contain Whitney’s open secret, especially as it was grooming her for a film career, a process which necessitated a husband. Exit "

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 07:05 AM
Posted Image

Full article here Whitneys greatest love of all
"I bring this up not to be gossipy or salacious, but really because, as my friend and fellow cultural commentator Nancy Balbirer astutely noted to me, it seems entirely possible that Houston’s underlying emotional conflict and eventual death is probably as attributable to homophobia as it is to anything else. It takes a lot of energy to stay closeted and most of us can only imagine what this felt like under the glare of fame as large as Whitney’s. Here’s what I do know: Robyn was real, she was around for years and they were definitely together. I also know that Arista Records and, indeed, the record business in general, was a homophobic place to be. In fact, after nine or ten months literally working on the floor, I was “fired” by a homophobic executive with the initials K.A. who didn’t like fags, even ones who worked five days a week for free. The label needed to contain Whitney’s open secret, especially as it was grooming her for a film career, a process which necessitated a husband. Exit "

Posted Image

More on Whitney and Robyn taken from Here

At this time, I wonder about the reaction of Robyn Crawford, the woman who was perceived and castigated (by fans and family alike) as being "too close" to Whitney for years before Houston married Bobby Brown...

In 1992, Whitney's family had an "intervention," in which they told Whitney to get rid of her "girlfriend" and find a man. The "man" that Whitney picked was Bobby Brown.

In hindsight, who was worse for Whitney? Robyn Crawford or Bobby Brown?

I don't know what happened. I'm so sorry, Whitney.

(Below: Clive Davis of Arista when he first discovered Houston in the early '80s. Compare what she looked like when she dressed as herself to what she was turned into -- a drag queen.)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

Robyn Crawford
please tell your story
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oh please, you aren't new here. You are just carrying your obsession with Whitney and Robyn to a new thread.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 09:47 AM
Oh please, you aren't new here. You are just carrying your obsession with Whitney and Robyn to a new thread.
If you don't like the thread, DON'T click into it,so eeeeeeeeeeeeasy.I am new ! FYI I stated on the first post,no hate is welcome on this thread.Please learn to READ Bertha.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 10:07 AM
If you don't like the thread, DON'T click into it,so eeeeeeeeeeeeasy.I am new ! FYI I stated on the first post,no hate is welcome on this thread.Please learn to READ Bertha.
you are new here but you know what bertha means? :)

:rofl:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 10:22 AM
Jun 27 2012, 10:07 AM
you are new here but you know what bertha means? :)

:rofl:
Yes I do,I have been surfing the site for about a couple of weeks.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I hated this chick, no care.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 10:46 AM
I hated this chick, no care.
How can you hate a person you have never even met ?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 3 2012, 02:17 PM
Robyn being as low key as she is I cannot believe she kissed Whitney openly at industry events. Something is not right with these celeb eyewitness accounts.
yep. whitney was just 'nother straight chick. maybe she messed with robin but then she liked men.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Anyone else see the BET tribute to Whitney Houston? Her mom and brother performed and I shed a tear. Regardless of what many may think Whitney's troubles stemmed from; a mother lost her child. It's still all so very sad and so unnecessary of a death. RIP, Whitney.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 2 2012, 06:07 AM
Anyone else see the BET tribute to Whitney Houston? Her mom and brother performed and I shed a tear. Regardless of what many may think Whitney's troubles stemmed from; a mother lost her child. It's still all so very sad and so unnecessary of a death. RIP, Whitney.
x2
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

i surprised pat didn't storm her way onto the stage.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 11:18 PM
Jun 3 2012, 02:17 PM
Robyn being as low key as she is I cannot believe she kissed Whitney openly at industry events. Something is not right with these celeb eyewitness accounts.
yep. whitney was just 'nother straight chick. maybe she messed with robin but then she liked men.
Yes, alot of straight girls like mess around with their dyke friends. :retard:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I can believe that Whitney and Robyn during the 1980's would have open displays of affection.

Why? Because camera or video cell phones had not been invented twenty years ago.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 3 2012, 02:18 AM
I can believe that Whitney and Robyn during the 1980's would have open displays of affection.

Why? Because camera or video cell phones had not been invented twenty years ago.
the 1980s were more than 20 years ago, doll. I know, I can't believe it either.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 3 2012, 02:20 AM

My general point is that celebs could do all sorts of things because, unlike today, they did not have to worry about everyone walking around with camera and video cell phones and selling the pics or videos to the likes of TMZ or Radar for thousands of dollars.

These celebs could pretty much do as they please because they generally also did not have to worry about the paps either except at scheduled major events.

There is no doubt in my mind that Whitney Houston and Robyn Crawford had a romantic relationship for years. No straight woman lives together with a butch woman for years like Whitney did after she is worth millions of millions of dollars and could have easily afforded her own place alone!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Here is a photo of Robyn Crawford coming out of Whitney Houston's funeral. I had seen another photo of her standing in front of the Church, but not this one.

Robyn Crawford Leaving Whitney Houston's Funeral
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^ Is that Lisa walking behind Robyn on the steps?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2012, 05:40 AM
^ Is that Lisa walking behind Robyn on the steps?
Kind of looks like her when you blow it up
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 3 2012, 02:40 AM

My general point is that celebs could do all sorts of things because, unlike today, they did not have to worry about everyone walking around with camera and video cell phones and selling the pics or videos to the likes of TMZ or Radar for thousands of dollars.

These celebs could pretty much do as they please because they generally also did not have to worry about the paps either except at scheduled major events.

There is no doubt in my mind that Whitney Houston and Robyn Crawford had a romantic relationship for years. No straight woman lives together with a butch woman for years like Whitney did after she is worth millions of millions of dollars and could have easily afforded her own place alone!
whitney was also fucking a dude in her early 2o's no?.

this 'ship makes no sense because she was fucking some dudes in the 80's. Her mother would kick her ass if she kissed robin in public. somthing is not right with this rumor.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 8 2012, 12:00 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

this 'ship makes no sense because she was fucking some dudes in the 80's. Her mother would kick her ass if she kissed robin in public. somthing is not right with this rumor.
Ummm...how would her mother find out they were kissing in public? They werent cell, digital cameras or internet back them.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

It's not that she was linked with a lot of men anyway. She was linked to Richard Dean Anderson to make her more attractive to the white public.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The only dude Whitney was fucking in the 80s was Robyn :gaypimp:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

cuz her mother would find out.people could take pictures back then since reporters had cameras. It's kinda dumb to do that.gay ppl weren't kissing there gf like that. If whitney was gay or fucking robin, she wouldve been like Luther all private and shit.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 8 2012, 12:15 AM

It's not that she was linked with a lot of men anyway. She was linked to Richard Dean Anderson to make her more attractive to the white public.
never heard that one.alI keep hearing is her dating MJ's bro when he was married.wasnt she still messing wit eddie murphy when she met booby?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 27 2012, 07:23 AM
Posted Image

Robyn Crawford
please tell your story

this is not robyn crawford
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Robyn has completely dropped off the radar and i wonder if the many many tributes to whitney ever has anyone asking her to share even if just a gesture of courtesy to her .. I hope she is ok and has not been left alone to deal with her deep grieve alone just becos she is gay.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply