Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Tomboy Love; Because We're So Misunderstood
Topic Started: Jun 22 2012, 04:30 AM (48,226 Views)
BKNY
Unregistered

Starting this thread because I'm a tomboy and tomboys are awesome.

Unfortunately, no seems to know wtf a tomboy is.

Tomboys may dress in "boy's clothes" or pursue interests that are considered unladylike(mind you, I didn't say unwomanly), but we're still women and many of us are cute/pretty as hell.

Tomboy does not equal androgynous. Tomboys look like girls.
Tomboys may have boyish mannerisms interests, but we are not masculine.
Women who are masculine and/or masculine identified are butch, not tomboys.

Enough talk, follow me....

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you still don't know what a tomboy is after this post, go watch "Fried Green Tomatoes". Idgie Threadgoode is a tomboy
Posted Image

You may start with the gushing and pic spamming
Edited by .JPG, Jan 15 2013, 02:49 AM.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'm a tomboy too well i used to be when I was younger than I grew up and now I'm femme still got the attitude though :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Tomboys <3
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Tomboy on Tomboy love is so hot :$
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I had a crush on the tomboy girl from "Some Kind of Wonderful" without even seeing the movie.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

tomboys are only cute when they are young, I don't like women who are tomboys when they are past their 20s. I prefer women to dress more their age unless you consider pant suit tomboyish? in that case I love it. But i do prefer skirts and dresses more
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

OMG WHERE IS KATHARINE HEPBURN?!?!?!?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:41 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ugh yes <3

I get so annoyed when people assume I'm butch because I say I'm a tomboy :eyeroll: I have extremely long hair etc, I just happen to wear jeans instead of dresses and I like video games and skateboarding.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

My crush is tomboy femme. She dresses like the girl in the fedora hat...very gay! She's adorable though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:48 AM
My crush is tomboy femme. She dresses like the girl in the fedora hat...very gay! She's adorable though.
thats how most hipsters dress these days
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

BB tomboy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:44 AM
Jun 22 2012, 04:41 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ugh yes <3

I get so annoyed when people assume I'm butch because I say I'm a tomboy :eyeroll: I have extremely long hair etc, I just happen to wear jeans instead of dresses and I like video games and skateboarding.
Eeew!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Am I a tomboy if I only wear women's clothes (tight jeans, nice shoes (well flip-flops in the summer and always have painted toes)) and nice shirts) but only wear dresses/skirts on special occasions like graduations or very fancy events? I always considered myself femme, but if I rarely wear skirts/dresses am I one? :blink:

I also like to watch sports sometimes and play the occasional video game (but I'm not like OBSESSED with either and never talk about it?)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:39 AM
tomboys are only cute when they are young, I don't like women who are tomboys when they are past their 20s. I prefer women to dress more their age unless you consider pant suit tomboyish? in that case I love it. But i do prefer skirts and dresses more
Their still cute pass their 20s.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:49 AM
Posted Image

BB tomboy.
:rofl: reminds me of myself, i used to beat up all guys who came near me
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

thats how most hipsters dress these days
Lol true, though she really is gay and not a hipster thank goodness. She wouldn't wear the jacket and she would wear tennis shoes. She scares me though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

This one definitely needs a spanking.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:50 AM
Am I a tomboy if I only wear women's clothes (tight jeans, nice shoes (well flip-flops in the summer and always have painted toes)) and nice shirts) but only wear dresses/skirts on special occasions like graduations or very fancy events? I always considered myself femme, but if I rarely wear skirts/dresses am I one? :blink:

I also like to watch sports sometimes and play the occasional video game (but I'm not like OBSESSED with either and never talk about it?)
Maybe you are a blue jean femme?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:52 AM

I don't even know what that means though :'(
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

I like Lena Headey with longer hair.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

whats the difference?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:53 AM

I don't even know what that means though :'(
lol, I know right. Too many fucking labels!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

It's not just about the way you dress, it's about what you do and your interests as well. Did you like to roughhouse when you were younger? Do you feel comfortable in a male oriented pursuit (BMX, kickboxing, Mountain biking, etc)

Go watch "Fried Green Tomatoes", :lol: it's not that difficult, people!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Wow, I need to brush up on my vocab because I've never heard of that. I thought it's just Femme - Tomboy - Butch?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

x2 she is not so attractive with short hair
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:54 AM
Posted Image

x2 she is not so attractive with short hair
I think she's hot with short hair.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Blue jean femme

11 up, 2 down

A lesbian who identifies as femme, or feminine, but prefers jeans and more casual clothing to dresses and skirts.

"She's not butch, but she isn't super femme, either. What kind of lesbian is she?"

"Maybe she's blue jean femme."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

whats the difference?
Demure, ladylike, etc. Go start a femme thread and see what people say.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

This thread needs more pics. Femmes are attempting to derail it with their obscure/made up labels and long hair needs.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:55 AM

Blue jean femme

11 up, 2 down

A lesbian who identifies as femme, or feminine, but prefers jeans and more casual clothing to dresses and skirts.

"She's not butch, but she isn't super femme, either. What kind of lesbian is she?"

"Maybe she's blue jean femme."
I guess that's me then. I mean I prefer jeans and leggings to dresses and skirts, but I don't carry myself like a boy or act like one. I still do my hair, wear make-up and paint my nails. Honestly, I don't even know any straight women who don't, majority of the time, wear jeans. I rarely see someone galavanting around the neighborhood/store in a full-on dress :blink:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:56 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
whats the difference?
Lol demure, ladylike? What is this, the 50s?
Quote Post Goto Top

BKNY
Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 05:00 AM
This thread needs more pics. Femmes are attempting to derail it with their obscure/made up labels and long hair needs.
I've got your covered, darling.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

BKNY
Jun 22 2012, 05:06 AM
Posted Image
Uh... this girl is clearly femme.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 04:56 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
whats the difference?
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 22 2012, 05:07 AM
BKNY
Jun 22 2012, 05:06 AM
Posted Image
Uh... this girl is clearly femme.
I was just gonna say that. :lol: If that is a "tomboy", then sign me up
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply