Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Glee 6; Glee talk, smaller ships, Glee actresses etc.
Topic Started: May 29 2012, 03:05 AM (1,917,881 Views)
Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:18 PM
May 30 2012, 04:16 PM
May 30 2012, 04:13 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepnever underestimate the stupidity of the glee writersI know that much for a fact.
That would make things even worse because it was patronizing. And then they skip the media line-up to avoid IHAG questions. Great hosting job.
When Naya was asked about IHAG all she had to say was storylines are storylines

I understand her though. Imo she clearly likes Brittana from the start, and she's proud they have a good storyline in s2.. but the fucked up IKAG came, well who could be proud at that? She's just silent on twitter after that episode lol
Just like me, a fan of their SL but after IKAG, I totally give up on Glee. I just watch parts of the girls and doesn't care for plot/sl.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:25 PM
May 30 2012, 04:17 PM
May 30 2012, 04:12 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepnever underestimate the stupidity of the glee writersI know that much for a fact.girls who dont respect anyones sexuality.
I know. :lol:
Oh, the irony!
It's really not that ironic since no one in here knows the actual sexuality of any of the girls. We are talking about their characters right now though, which all have established canon sexualities.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:22 PM
May 30 2012, 04:11 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepnever underestimate the stupidity of the glee writersI know that much for a fact.
lol, um, not at all. Just shows that they're aware that there's a difference between characters and actors.
This omg, people are insane.
This fandom has become awful, lbr. Bitter, obsessive people who lurk around and will take any opportunity to start ranting the same stuff over and over again.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:13 PM

Actually I think that was more damage control rather than not caring.
That would make things even worse because it was patronizing. And then they skip the media line-up to avoid IHAG questions. Great hosting job.
Storylines are storylines.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:09 PM
May 30 2012, 04:04 PM

How do you know they didnt give a shit? What were they supposed to do about it? It's not like they can go back in time and change the episode. Instead they gave Santana a whole episode with gay moments for her and they dropped her friendship with Finn.
GLAAD does call shows/movies/actors/people out from time to time. Instead they have the actor who played the guy who outed the lesbian and was treated lie a hero for it hosting the event with the actress who plays the girl he outed. GLAAD couldn't have been more obvious with how much they don't give a shit.
Posted Image

oop
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:23 PM
May 30 2012, 04:14 PM
May 30 2012, 03:52 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepThe backlash would end up having the show pulled off the air
it wouldn't pull the show off air but there will be backlash. lol at you, if the ikag backlash isn't big enough then what is the announcement of gloria being santana's mom? granted that they didn't keep up to their words but to announce that, it means they receive major backlash and rage from fans.
lol at people belittling ikag's backlash
Again backlash from her fans, which I acknowledged so work on your reading comprehension. Outside of Santana/Brittana fans it wasn't exactly newsworthy or gain any real media attention. Boo hoo some people didn't like the episode. Hell her actual outing wasn't even all that newsworthy.
Who cares about newsworthy when they had the ratings up? Then suddenly go down. lol
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:27 PM

GLAAD does call shows/movies/actors/people out from time to time. Instead they have the actor who played the guy who outed the lesbian and was treated lie a hero for it hosting the event with the actress who plays the girl he outed. GLAAD couldn't have been more obvious with how much they don't give a shit.
Posted Image

oop
lol i love her
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:18 PM

When Naya was asked about IHAG all she had to say was storylines are storylines

Because there isnt anything her or anyone else can do about it. People need to really just get over it at this point because what's done is done.
lol, seriously. as if her entire career is defined by a misinterpreted answer to get rid of an annoying blogger. the desperation to stir shit here is laughable.
Goto Top

Unregistered

What might bother me most about this show and its writers is that they play both sides in order to pat themselves on the back.

One day it's, "Glee saves lives! These stories help people! It's so important! We're so proud of our show!" And then the next it's "It's only a show. It's just entertainment and fun. It's just a storyline."

Yeah, OK.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Ah, the bitter flop/oop trolls have been awakened. How ya doin'? Took you long enough!
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:26 PM
May 30 2012, 04:17 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepnever underestimate the stupidity of the glee writersI know that much for a fact.girls who dont respect anyones sexuality.
Oh, the irony!
It's really not that ironic since no one in here knows the actual sexuality of any of the girls. We are talking about their characters right now though, which all have established canon sexualities.
lol, whatever you have to tell yourself.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepThe backlash would end up having the show pulled off the air
Again backlash from her fans, which I acknowledged so work on your reading comprehension. Outside of Santana/Brittana fans it wasn't exactly newsworthy or gain any real media attention. Boo hoo some people didn't like the episode. Hell her actual outing wasn't even all that newsworthy.
Who cares about newsworthy when they had the ratings up? Then suddenly go down. lol
:rofl: I get this slight satisfying feeling out of the fact that the ratings for IHAG went up without any guest star/tribute/big promotion. People were just interested in the storyline. Then came the next week and they pimped out the episode and Chord's return and both eps had a repetition of NCIS as competition and the ratings went back down again. No normal episode did manage to get that increase thi season. It is funny but obviusly the writers are either too dumb to see it or just don't want to admit that maybe, just maybe people had more interest in the fallout of Santana's coming out (which was a storyline that started in season 2) than Finchel/laine having sex or a useless character like Sam coming back (as nice as he can be sometimes).
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:31 PM
What might bother me most about this show and its writers is that they play both sides in order to pat themselves on the back.

One day it's, "Glee saves lives! These stories help people! It's so important! We're so proud of our show!" And then the next it's "It's only a show. It's just entertainment and fun. It's just a storyline."

Yeah, OK.
Happens when people point out the flaws of their show.

When they praise it, Glee saves lives. When they say they made mistakes, Glee is a tv show.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

So yummy, but I always forget which ep this is! :$
Goto Top

Unregistered

Ah, the bitter flop/oop trolls have been awakened. How ya doin'? Took you long enough!
:dftt: Here we go again.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Spoiler: click to toggle

oop
oh hell, you're still desperately clinging to this line to stir shit? :rofl:
Goto Top

Unregistered

riiiiight.

call someone bitter because of a funny meme?

suddenly you're here to point that out?

lol. stan alert! :dramaqueen: :lol:
Goto Top

Unregistered

Ugh Santana is not going to go back to boys. The only iffy stuff I can see happening is Santana being an out lesbian starting out and trying to make it in the industry. She can't go back in the closet or convincingly beard again. Wonder how they'll tackle that.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Yeah, OK.
That is my biggest problem as well.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:32 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepThe backlash would end up having the show pulled off the airher fans, which I acknowledged so work on your reading comprehension. Outside of Santana/Brittana fans it wasn't exactly newsworthy or gain any real media attention. Boo hoo some people didn't like the episode. Hell her actual outing wasn't even all that newsworthy.
:rofl: I get this slight satisfying feeling out of the fact that the ratings for IHAG went up without any guest star/tribute/big promotion. People were just interested in the storyline. Then came the next week and they pimped out the episode and Chord's return and both eps had a repetition of NCIS as competition and the ratings went back down again. No normal episode did manage to get that increase thi season. It is funny but obviusly the writers are either too dumb to see it or just don't want to admit that maybe, just maybe people had more interest in the fallout of Santana's coming out (which was a storyline that started in season 2) than Finchel/laine having sex or a useless character like Sam coming back (as nice as he can be sometimes).
Finchel/Klaine having sex or a useless character like Sam coming back

The writers would think the general audience is actually interested in that. And they wouldn't be wrong.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:34 PM
Ugh Santana is not going to go back to boys. The only iffy stuff I can see happening is Santana being an out lesbian starting out and trying to make it in the industry. She can't go back in the closet or convincingly beard again. Wonder how they'll tackle that.
They won't. They'll just ignore it or make it a non-issue.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Spoiler: click to toggle

oop
oh hell, you're still desperately clinging to this line to stir shit? :rofl:
:eyeroll: well people kept bringing up the "storylines are storylines" thing so i posted the meme that came out of that whole discussion back then. how is that shit stirring?

why are people so goddamn paranoid? :blink:
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:37 PM
Just like they will either make a dumb remark about the sex-tape or completely forget it ever happened because it's not like it could ruin things or anything....
Goto Top

Unregistered

To
May 30 2012, 03:52 PM

it wouldn't pull the show off air but there will be backlash. lol at you, if the ikag backlash isn't big enough then what is the announcement of gloria being santana's mom? granted that they didn't keep up to their words but to announce that, it means they receive major backlash and rage from fans.
lol at people belittling ikag's backlash
I know. Gloria announced, Finntana disappears, Ali is not allowed to talk to AE, IKAG is never mentionrd (only Abuela scene), etc. It had large backlash and they know.
That was the biggest indicator to me that the backlash concerned them. I think Ali had agreed to give them an interview way back during the CTAs (or whatever the network function before the fall season stars is called) then IKAG happened and they told AE that Ali, Heather and Naya were unavailable for an interview.

SureEmma.gif.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:38 PM
May 30 2012, 04:37 PM
Just like they will either make a dumb remark about the sex-tape or completely forget it ever happened because it's not like it could ruin things or anything....
They need to stop writing Santana stories where her business is all out in the street, yet it "somehow" doesn't affect her life beyond the halls of McKinley. :P
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
2011 vs. 2012 Glamour Awards look.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:41 PM
To
I know. Gloria announced, Finntana disappears, Ali is not allowed to talk to AE, IKAG is never mentionrd (only Abuela scene), etc. It had large backlash and they know.
That was the biggest indicator to me that the backlash concerned them. I think Ali had agreed to give them an interview way back during the CTAs (or whatever the network function before the fall season stars is called) then IKAG happened and they told AE that Ali, Heather and Naya were unavailable for an interview.

SureEmma.gif.
It's just AE. Not like they canceled a talk show.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
I like the dress better this year, but the hair better last year.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:43 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepThe backlash would end up having the show pulled off the airAli is not allowed to talk to AE, IKAG is never mentionrd (only Abuela scene), etc. It had large backlash and they know.

SureEmma.gif.
Sure it's not TV Guide but it still says something that they wouldn't give a lesbian site an interview. That site was very critical of IKAG.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepThe backlash would end up having the show pulled off the airAli is not allowed to talk to AE, IKAG is never mentionrd (only Abuela scene), etc. It had large backlash and they know.

SureEmma.gif.
Glee has always been friendly w AE. And pretty sure it was the Fox ppl that denied the interview. Telling. They know.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Dianna's FB
Goto Top

Unregistered

SureEmma.gif.
i think what OP was pointing out was that there wasn't really any talk of IHAG after the backlash.

like...zilch. nada. nothing.

except for that blogger who ambushed naya in an elevator but other than that, it was never spoken about by any of the cast/writers/creators etc.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:45 PM
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
I like the dress better this year, but the hair better last year.
I prefer the hair, makeup and dress this year. The hair from last year was too big and the dress too twee. She looked like a classy woman this year, but still sexy and fun.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:50 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepThe backlash would end up having the show pulled off the airAli is not allowed to talk to AE
i think what OP was pointing out was that there wasn't really any talk of IHAG after the backlash.

like...zilch. nada. nothing.

except for that blogger who ambushed naya in an elevator but other than that, it was never spoken about by any of the cast/writers/creators etc.
It's not like the writers often make a point to give interviews about other individual episodes once they've aired. They're not really doing anything different than they usually do, some fans here just wanted them to. They wanted "apologies", and when they didn't get them they started making conspiracies.
Goto Top

Unregistered

May 30 2012, 04:32 PM
May 30 2012, 04:26 PM

lol, whatever you have to tell yourself.
This. They always date guys, Heather has said she's straight, Dianna that she's not gay, Naya is described as straight in all her interviews (must come from somewhere, they must've asked) I mean...What do these girls have to do to convince you that they're straight? Instead of respecting their sexuality, their relationships are ridiculed and their statements treated as lies. Seems pretty disrespectful to me.
Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic