Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
HBO's Girls; Jessa and Marnie "Jernie"
Topic Started: Apr 15 2012, 07:56 AM (99,039 Views)
Unregistered

Jan 19 2014, 10:29 PM
I hope Jessa's going to redeem herself somehow in tonight's ep 'cause right now she's coming off incredibly cruel and unlikable and I WANT TO LIKE HER DAMMIT
thats how i always feel about her haha. shes a complete asshole but for some reason shes my favorite character on the show. every now and then i try to ignore her not so great moments, but sometimes she does too much and im like....girl.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Gaby Hoffman was on tonight, as Adam's sister.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 20 2014, 05:46 AM
Gaby Hoffman was on tonight, as Adam's sister.

Posted Image
Oh wow, can't wait to see this. Her whole look is so rare, perfect casting.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

So do they ALL have a lesbian sister?!

Posted Image

Zosia's sister Willa.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 20 2014, 01:25 PM
So do they ALL have a lesbian sister?!

Posted Image

Zosia's sister Willa.
Meh
Quote Post Goto Top

Windmill
Member Avatar

My childhood has been ruined after seeing Gaby Hoffmann's bush.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

Oh wow, can't wait to see this. Her whole look is so rare, perfect casting.

She'll be on next week too.

The bathroom scene, omg. Is this the first time we see
Spoiler: click to toggle
on Girls? I think so!

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Annnnnd he teases us with two episodes actually about the girls then bam, back to te Hanna, Adam, Ray show :eyeroll:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Windmill
Jan 20 2014, 06:22 PM

Posted Image

It was like a reflection of the hair on her head omg.
Quote Post Goto Top

Windmill
Member Avatar

Jan 21 2014, 11:40 AM
Windmill

Posted Image

I've liked her since she was a child actress. 'Now and Then' and 'All I wanna Do' were two of my favorite childhood films. I was just a bit shocked to see what she looks like now. She doesn't look hideous by any means, just a bit unconventional with the eyebrows and messy hair. She has something special that I can't quite put my finger on.

Unregistered

Windmill
Jan 21 2014, 11:56 AM
Windmill

Posted Image

I've liked her since she was a child actress. 'Now and Then' and 'All I wanna Do' were two of my favorite childhood films. I was just a bit shocked to see what she looks like now. She doesn't look hideous by any means, just a bit unconventional with the eyebrows and messy hair. She has something special that I can't quite put my finger on.
she's kind of sexy ugly
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 26 2014, 11:21 PM
Windmill

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepPosted Image
she's kind of sexy ugly
Hahhaa ive never found her attractive. So now it's just kind of refreshing? Seeing her as is and basically a weird ass hot mess. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Anything happen tonight?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

the romp through the graveyard was fucking weird

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I thought season 2 would be a bit better.... but I've given up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Love S3 so far, but it's becoming obvious that Lena has no idea what to do with Jessa and it sucks. Would almost be better to just write her off at this point, rather than tarnish what was an almost perfectly written & acted character.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 28 2014, 04:42 AM

Are you fucking serious? Wow.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The 5th episode is now up.

This Marnie rumor here better be fake! Fuck.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 28 2014, 04:42 AM

K wait. I apparently was NOT paying any attention. Because I don't remember this at all.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Windmill

she's kind of sexy ugly
i kind of agree. she seems like a super fun deranged hipster and i found her outfit this week strangely hot? i don't even know.

that friend with the baby that jessa went to visit - who is she? an old best friend or an ex or something? i just couldn't help but thinking it was an ex who then got clean and got married and fell into an easy and conventional life. i laughed out loud when her husband appeared. he looked like a really piss poor attempt of a version of that guy from the IT crowd.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 29 2014, 10:04 AM
Windmill

she's kind of sexy ugly
i kind of agree. she seems like a super fun deranged hipster and i found her outfit this week strangely hot? i don't even know.

that friend with the baby that jessa went to visit - who is she? an old best friend or an ex or something? i just couldn't help but thinking it was an ex who then got clean and got married and fell into an easy and conventional life. i laughed out loud when her husband appeared. he looked like a really piss poor attempt of a version of that guy from the IT crowd.
Yeah, I found her super attractive in the last episode too, the graveyard scene especially. It's implied the girl was her old BFF, but who knows. Jessa was obviously jealous of the husband, whether it's the stability she's jealous of or him for being with the girl, I don't know. I have kind of given up hope of Jessa being a secret lesbian though
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

God why?! For the love of god. why on earth would Marnie do that?! She wouldn't! No way in hell.

Ugh. I'm sick of these two guys taking over this damn show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 29 2014, 04:53 PM
God why?! For the love of god. why on earth would Marnie do that?! She wouldn't! No way in hell.

Ugh. I'm sick of these two guys taking over this damn show.
I KNOW RIGHT. I liked his speech about her before it, though. Marnie is the most unlikeable character on the show now for sure (though I still enjoy her character), which is saying a lot considering Jessa has become totally awful and Hannah is more self-absorbed than ever. Adam and Shosh forever.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Lena doesn't know how to write for characters if it doesn't involve her character.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Is this show still on?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 28 2014, 09:32 PM
Love S3 so far, but it's becoming obvious that Lena has no idea what to do with Jessa and it sucks. Would almost be better to just write her off at this point, rather than tarnish what was an almost perfectly written & acted character.
Season 3 is coming off really dark. And at first I thought Lena was having trouble writing for other characters as well but then I was really observant of the last scene at the end of episode 4, where she starts repeating the story of Margret. She lacks empathy and we see a level of narcissism.

Lena has some serious psychological issues the other characters do not. The point of having all the other characters around her is to show how different the issues Jessa(drug use that stems from her daddy issues) have been a product of their enviorment vs Hannah which seems to be deeper than that. While Hannah is trying everything to be normal and mask her issues. The best way to seem normal is to hang around people that aren't 100% themselves.

Jessa- for the first time is crying for help, wants to make things different in her life. As shoshana mentioned everyone is always used to Jenna taking care of herself they dont go beyond the surface.
Marnie-materialism (wants the American dream)
Shoshana-materialism to the next level
Ray- is comfortable
Adam- enjoys himself has learned to cope with his alcoholism and adds to his own ego that he is able to depend on himself.

I'd love to have insight from other posters. All this is in my opinion, I think people dismiss GIRLS but I think it's full of a lot of good themes.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I've finally caught up on all of the episodes, I like Caroline and her armpit hair, she's the most sane person on this show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Is Jessa trying to create a new image to prove something to her non-dead friend?
Quote Post Goto Top

StupidEnough
Member Avatar
The Village Idiot
Jan 13 2014, 06:12 AM
Taystee got tasted y'all! :gaypimp:
Hahahahahahaah

StupidEnough
Member Avatar
The Village Idiot
Jan 28 2014, 09:46 PM
The 5th episode is now up.

This Marnie rumor here better be fake! Fuck.
Is the show not on Sundays anymore? I didn't even realize.

Unregistered

The last two episodes have been and great and really hit home. Although they aren't as funny they are tapping into some interesting themes.
Quote Post Goto Top

StupidEnough
Member Avatar
The Village Idiot
Feb 17 2014, 07:31 PM
The last two episodes have been and great and really hit home. Although they aren't as funny they are tapping into some interesting themes.
I disagree. I enjoyed the last episode much more than the one before it, but the pacing in this season is weird. She needs to pick between satire and dramatic reality because it REALLY takes away from the dialogue and character development.

Like who is Jessa now? They seem to have completely mocked her during the past two episodes.

StupidEnough
Member Avatar
The Village Idiot
Jan 31 2014, 08:23 AM
Is Jessa trying to create a new image to prove something to her non-dead friend?
It's like they forgot about her this season.

Unregistered

Shoshanna B-)
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply