Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Rapper Outs Top Female Singers; Oh the drama
Topic Started: Jan 13 2012, 10:28 PM (8,480 Views)
Unregistered

I'm surprised there are any lesbians that didn't think Alicia Keys pinged. I have no idea if she's gay or not, and don't know the rumors, but she has always pinged to me. heavily.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 13 2012, 10:28 PM
Odd Future's Syd Tha Kid says that her life growing up would have been easier if female celebs like Missy Elliot, Queen Latifah and Alicia Keyes would be honest and come out.

On the lack of out-of-the-closet gay urban artists:
Syd: "There's Alicia Keys, who's married to Swizz Beatz - we know that shit ain't real. You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don't wanna hang with bitches. You know she loves her some bitches."

Here is Syd

Posted Image

What y'all think?

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/01/syd_odd_future_the_internet_matt_martians.php
Syd is part of a rap group that regularly fantasizes and glorifies raping and attacking women. Also, she sucks. So I don't really give a shit what she has to say. We all know about Queen Latifah. I never followed Missy. And Alicia Keys is having or had Swizz's baby, so that hardly seems fake to me. But truth told, I would be happy if Alicia Keys was gay. She is so fine.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 01:16 AM
Jan 14 2012, 01:08 AM
fuck (not literally) this nobody.I am gay myself but I disagree with folks who thinks others ought to come out or force people out of the closet
i don't think she has any insider info, she is just saying what everybody else has being saying. Only diffrence is she is famous( ya famous ask any white kid from the suburbs who she is they worship her and her crew ,pretty sickingly actually). Besides i wouldn't take her seriuosly that is what her and her group of assshole friends do, they fuck with people.
But its like only lesbians and gays know about these rumours. I have brought them up multiple times with different straight friends (Alicia, Latifah, Missy) and they all go like "Really? No they're just tomboys". I swear I think my straight friends think I'm the one who is making up this shit. Now my gay friends, everyone knows.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 13 2012, 10:45 PM
Jan 13 2012, 10:36 PM
Who is this nobody?
Syd is a member of the hugely influential/controversial Odd Future hip hop collective. She's rad.

They've been absolutely everywhere over the last year, but their stuff is extremely abrasive even in terms of hip hop so it doesn't get any radio play.
She is a nobody. And they are influential to 14-year-olds who want to be "edgy."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 01:21 AM
Jan 14 2012, 01:16 AM
Jan 14 2012, 01:08 AM
fuck (not literally) this nobody.I am gay myself but I disagree with folks who thinks others ought to come out or force people out of the closet
i don't think she has any insider info, she is just saying what everybody else has being saying. Only diffrence is she is famous( ya famous ask any white kid from the suburbs who she is they worship her and her crew ,pretty sickingly actually). Besides i wouldn't take her seriuosly that is what her and her group of assshole friends do, they fuck with people.
But its like only lesbians and gays know about these rumours. I have brought them up multiple times with different straight friends (Alicia, Latifah, Missy) and they all go like "Really? No they're just tomboys". I swear I think my straight friends think I'm the one who is making up this shit. Now my gay friends, everyone knows.
google my friend, it's not just gay people who think so. Frankly i don't care for none of them. Actually it was my mom that brought it to my attention that she think alicia is gay. And my mom damn sure isn't gay :whistle: i think.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The Missy Elliot rumors have been around for over a decade. I'm not even big into urban music (or connected to the celeb scene) and I heard rumors about her almost before I knew who she was.

QL's rumors are slightly more recent, but her relationship with her "trainer"/"roommate", Janet Jenkins shone the light on that glass closet. (Plus the pics of Queenie with the lesbian strippers and all…)

Don't know anything for sure about Alicia…except that a lot of people are a lot surer than I am about her interest in women.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 01:22 AM
Jan 13 2012, 10:36 PM
Who is this nobody?
Syd is a member of the hugely influential/controversial Odd Future hip hop collective. She's rad.

They've been absolutely everywhere over the last year, but their stuff is extremely abrasive even in terms of hip hop so it doesn't get any radio play.
She is a nobody. And they are influential to 14-year-olds who want to be "edgy."
Those 14 year olds are the perfect target. What group of people made milry cyrus, and bieber millionaires, 14 year olds. If you have teenyboppers on your side, the world is pretty much yours :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 01:28 AM
Jan 14 2012, 01:22 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Those 14 year olds are the perfect target. What group of people made milry cyrus, and bieber millionaires, 14 year olds. If you have teenyboppers on your side, the world is pretty much yours :lol:
For as long as you can hold their attention.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

OFWGKTA are undeniably talented, but I've mixed feelings about their reaction-provoking schtick. I like Syd a lot, and I can understand her frustration that she's been kind of saddled with the duty of being the Black Music Lesbian when she's certainly not the first or only, but I can't condone outing folks like this.

That said, OF say so much trolling bullshit that it's quite possible she's just throwing out stuff knowing she'll only ever be half-believed anyway.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 13 2012, 10:57 PM
Missy Elliot and Latifah=Obvious.

Alicia..I have always heard stuff about her, but I sort of brushed it aside when that drama with her new husband happened. But I wouldn't be surprised.
what drama?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

A female rapper that advocates rape of women. Classy. Are we sure this is not a dude. Sure looks like one.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

She;s not really outing anyone IMO. The women she mentioned, sans Akeys, are gay. Anyone, straight or gay who reads blogs knows about most of these people. I would be madder if she made shit up like hooking up with anyone when she didn't.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:15 AM
A female rapper that advocates rape of women. Classy. Are we sure this is not a dude. Sure looks like one.
if it hurts you so bad make a song about raping men shhhh
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:19 AM
:retard:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 01:36 AM
OFWGKTA are undeniably talented, but
Oh it's deniable all right.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

:rofl: UmmmOk. That'll be their next song I'm sure.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:20 AM
:retard:
x2
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

You are an idiot.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Have any of you guys heard any of their stuff, or are you just going on what you've been told? 'Cause I'm not entirely sure Syd ever "advocated" any such thing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:40 AM
Have any of you guys heard any of their stuff, or are you just going on what you've been told? 'Cause I'm not entirely sure Syd ever "advocated" any such thing.
I've heard it. How a woman and lesbian can be friends with those guys and make music with them is a head-scratcher.

Also, this:
Quote:

one of the first videos that pops up when you Google Syd is a short clip of an MTV interview. Syd is in the backseat of a car, talking about her father, who thinks that her involvement with a group so misogynistic and anti-women could be seen as a slap in the face to a lot of females. "I'm like, that's what I do," Syd says, "I slap bitches." The dudes in the car laugh. Syd smirks. The clip ends.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I doubt most have heard their stuff. Its all here say.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Never heard of them until this week because LA Weekly won't shut the fuck about them. Seem like a bunch of people trying to be famous by being controversal or whatever.
^o)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:47 AM
I've heard it. How a woman and lesbian can be friends with those guys and make music with them is a head-scratcher.

Also, this:
Quote:

one of the first videos that pops up when you Google Syd is a short clip of an MTV interview. Syd is in the backseat of a car, talking about her father, who thinks that her involvement with a group so misogynistic and anti-women could be seen as a slap in the face to a lot of females. "I'm like, that's what I do," Syd says, "I slap bitches." The dudes in the car laugh. Syd smirks. The clip ends.
Ok she smacks bitches, if a bitch get out of line i will smack her also duh
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:51 AM

Also, this:
Quote:

Ok she smacks bitches, if a bitch get out of line i will smack her also duh
This thread is LOL worthy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Also, this:
Quote:

Man...when your own DAD is trying to to hint to you that what you sing is fucked up...its time to pack it in.

:blink:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

They set out to shock. They've worn swastikas on stage.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:57 AM
Well if you don't have talent, you turn to shocking.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Has Odd Future made it onto Stuff White People like yet? I swear they're the only one hyping these bitches. Idg why they're so amused by their bullshit. It's like if someone broke Eminem up into a bunch black teens, we're supposed to be shocked and intrigued by their pseudo-irrelevance. When in reality they're just like the dumb kid in school who'd palm a pile of dog poo just to get a glance tossed in his direction. I guess that kid grew up to create tumblr.

Anyway this chick is a talentless idiot, but she didn't out anybody. You gotta know shit to put people on to shit.

opinion =/= outing
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

irreverence* ^ damn autocorrect.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

They are, in a word, fuckwits. And their music is shit. And I don't mean rap/whatever is shit, I mean theirs is shit. It's a far sadder reality that people like them and give them attention than them being a bunch of talentless cunts. World's full of talentless cunts.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 03:11 AM
Well if you don't have talent, you turn to shocking.
Tyler at least is definitely on to something, but it remains to be seen whether he's going to build on it when the novelty of freaking out the grown ups wears off.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Just listened to Yonkers again for the first time in a long time. Yep, it's still mediocre insipid crap most rappers would be embarrassed to listen to, let alone put out.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 03:29 AM
Just listened to Yonkers again for the first time in a long time. Yep, it's still mediocre insipid crap most rappers would be embarrassed to listen to, let alone put out.
Are they from Yonkers? What is Yonkers..lol.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 03:33 AM
Jan 14 2012, 03:29 AM
Are they from Yonkers? What is Yonkers..lol.
Yonkers is pretty much Tyler's big/breakthrough track. Don't ask me how (or how it gets 35mill+ views on youtube) it's such a yawnsome effort as far as rap goes.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 14 2012, 02:53 AM

Also, this:
Quote:

Man...when your own DAD is trying to to hint to you that what you sing is fucked up...its time to pack it in.

:blink:
Dad, African Americans, women & lesbians are so proud. :eyeroll: Fucking loser. And that goes double for the females that buy that shit.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply