Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Brandi Carlile
Topic Started: Dec 20 2011, 08:26 AM (162,833 Views)
Unregistered

How come there are never any BC sightings outside of concerts/events? You know, like in the grocery store. We never hear about these or see random pictures of her. Maybe she isn't real.... ^o)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

They ain't getting divorced, see last few paragraphs: www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20121026_UNCORKED_Brandi_Carlile_s_not_quite_what_she_seems.html
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I am bored with Brandi. Bored with the chat about the wife and religion...when did she get so dull?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Can some one post the picture you guys think is staged?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Instragram, facebook its all there. Catherine is demonstrating how much she loves her wife and how real their love is. The other two couples look really normal and happy, with nothing to prove.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Many of you read way to much into what Brandi is doing. When Tim and his fiancée got engaged, the FB announcement included a photo of them kissing on the mouth. They weren't "proving" anything by doing that, so let Brandi show her love aswell. Or not show her love. Live and let live!

I'm a little bit more concerned with the discussion that happened at the end of this interview

philly.com | Brandi Carlile's not quite what she seems

Quote:

When we brought up an observed trend in conventionally married women suddenly coming out, abandoning their spouses to pursue a gay love interest, Carlile did not rush to the gals' defense.

"I've got a real problem with that," she said. "Catherine and I went through three months of rigorous pre-marital counseling at our Episcopalian church. We're very religious and take our marriage commitment very seriously. You know, this thing is supposed to be for life."

To me it seems like this is the same teenage baptist that judged her friend for committing suicide. Why would you have a problem with a gay woman getting out of a heterosexual marriage to pursue her truth? I really hope that she was misquoted or that she followed it up with something else.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Fair comment. My view on being gay is its a process - and a very hard journey for many. I pass no judgement about when anyone gets there. I don't think Brandi, or anyone else has a right to comment. There are so many reasons why a person may fight being gay or think they should get married...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

Of course its staged. Everyone is posing. Brandi and Catherine are just trying to be cute and they are succeeding! They look adorable together.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 26 2012, 04:53 PM
Many of you read way to much into what Brandi is doing. When Tim and his fiancée got engaged, the FB announcement included a photo of them kissing on the mouth. They weren't "proving" anything by doing that, so let Brandi show her love aswell. Or not show her love. Live and let live!

I'm a little bit more concerned with the discussion that happened at the end of this interview

Quote:

When we brought up an observed trend in conventionally married women suddenly coming out, abandoning their spouses to pursue a gay love interest, Carlile did not rush to the gals' defense.

"I've got a real problem with that," she said. "Catherine and I went through three months of rigorous pre-marital counseling at our Episcopalian church. We're very religious and take our marriage commitment very seriously. You know, this thing is supposed to be for life."

To me it seems like this is the same teenage baptist that judged her friend for committing suicide. Why would you have a problem with a gay woman getting out of a heterosexual marriage to pursue her truth? I really hope that she was misquoted or that she followed it up with something else.
The last two paragraphs there are pretty strange. I'm not really sure I understand what she is getting at there. Is she saying that a woman should stay with a man even if she's a lesbian? I find that hard to believe. I think something is missing or out of context there.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

She did not say that?? Ah, someone from the Brandi camp go fix it now. You just slammed all the people out there who get divorced and all the kids out there who have divorced parents. Sorry, do you think you are the only one who takes your marriage seriously - I don't think many people "hope" its a temporary arrangement! Guess it will be a bit tricky if your marriage ever ends. What a comment to make.

Not to mention countless high profile gay women who have been married and come out later in life, well done.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Calm down. It was probably taken out of context and she's newly married. Cut her some slack and have a beer - listen to some music. Lol
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 26 2012, 05:09 PM
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/69095_10151058507038414_810095280_n.jpg[/img]

Of course its staged. Everyone is posing. Brandi and Catherine are just trying to be cute and they are succeeding! They look adorable together.
Phil's kid is so cute. :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

The last two paragraphs there are pretty strange. I'm not really sure I understand what she is getting at there. Is she saying that a woman should stay with a man even if she's a lesbian? I find that hard to believe. I think something is missing or out of context there.

I'm the one who posting the quite to begin with, and I agree with you. This MUST be taken out of context. And it is a weird way to end an article aswell, so I'm almost getting the feeling that there is text missing.

But in any case, I would hope that Brandi clarified this. I know that she did that once before when she was quoted as saying that she never had a problem with the church when she was coming out as a teenager. What she had really said was that the church she was attending now, embraced gay people. At that point she posted a clarification on AT.

Quote:

Phil's kid is so cute. :P

She's the absolute cutest!! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

Eh, I do get the "we have something to prove" vibe. Tim announced it, posted 1 picture and that was the end of it. But they've also been together for who knows how long! I've seen him and his fiancé walking around Seattle on several occasions over the last 2 years.

And yeah, that remark is totally uncalled for. I agree, we see the same baptist extremist that she claims she left behind. But you know, I have friends that grew up in religion and walked away from it once the reality of the world set in. And I can say that even 15 years after leaving their respective churches, they still struggle. But this seems more than struggling. It's a mind set. Who goes through rigorous pre-marital counseling? I can respect the feeling that marriage is forever, but that whole entire thing was incredibly judgmental of the gay community and the struggles people face. For some it means losing their entire family when they come out. Not a successful rock career! You don't stay in a marriage just because it's "suppose to be for life." If you're living a lie, you find a way to live the truth. And sometimes that means divorce.

To the person who said they won't divorce. I agree. They won't. They will stay together even if they are miserable. Sad.

And I'm sure she will back paddle that comment. I don't really see how you can take that out of context. I think it just came out of her mouth before she could even think about what she was saying. Which means she just said what she felt without her filter.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 26 2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:

Eh, I do get the "we have something to prove" vibe. Tim announced it, posted 1 picture and that was the end of it. But they've also been together for who knows how long! I've seen him and his fiancé walking around Seattle on several occasions over the last 2 years.

And yeah, that remark is totally uncalled for. I agree, we see the same baptist extremist that she claims she left behind. But you know, I have friends that grew up in religion and walked away from it once the reality of the world set in. And I can say that even 15 years after leaving their respective churches, they still struggle. But this seems more than struggling. It's a mind set. Who goes through rigorous pre-marital counseling? I can respect the feeling that marriage is forever, but that whole entire thing was incredibly judgmental of the gay community and the struggles people face. For some it means losing their entire family when they come out. Not a successful rock career! You don't stay in a marriage just because it's "suppose to be for life." If you're living a lie, you find a way to live the truth. And sometimes that means divorce.

To the person who said they won't divorce. I agree. They won't. They will stay together even if they are miserable. Sad.

And I'm sure she will back paddle that comment. I don't really see how you can take that out of context. I think it just came out of her mouth before she could even think about what she was saying. Which means she just said what she felt without her filter.
Maybe I'm missing something. Is this quote from the Philly.com article, because I'm not seeing it.....
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 12:07 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Maybe I'm missing something. Is this quote from the Philly.com article, because I'm not seeing it.....
hmm...it looks like they edited the article and took that quote out.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 12:26 AM
Oct 27 2012, 12:07 AM
hmm...it looks like they edited the article and took that quote out.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Um, yea they did edit that whole paragraph out. WTH? I just read it this morning and now that part of the article is missing now. Hmmm...makes you wonder doesn't it. To think that it was edited out after the fact is crazy. Making me think she's getting more famous where she now has a publicist or something. Ugh. I wish her the best of course just these actions bum me out. I liked it more when she seemed more genuine. But what do I know...I'm not walking in her shoes and only get glimpses into her world.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 02:06 AM
Um, yea they did edit that whole paragraph out. WTH? I just read it this morning and now that part of the article is missing now. Hmmm...makes you wonder doesn't it. To think that it was edited out after the fact is crazy. Making me think she's getting more famous where she now has a publicist or something. Ugh. I wish her the best of course just these actions bum me out. I liked it more when she seemed more genuine. But what do I know...I'm not walking in her shoes and only get glimpses into her world.
My take on it? Brandi or her people saw the comments about it here and decided to have it pulled from the article. I really think it was taken out of context. The way the writer worded it sounded weird anyway.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

You're trying a bit too hard to tie in that picture with the idea they have something to prove. Brandi obviously can't win with some of you. IMHO its just a silly photo of a newlywed couple trying to be cute and cheesy. I like it and I'm glad she shared it. As a matter of fact, I wish she would release more photos of them.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Gossip site? Nah, just a site for bitter people who will cut Brandi down no matter what she does. If you're "bored" or don't like Brandi, how about you stop following her every move. Find something you enjoy instead, and get over it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 04:37 AM
Oct 27 2012, 02:06 AM
My take on it? Brandi or her people saw the comments about it here and decided to have it pulled from the article. I really think it was taken out of context. The way the writer worded it sounded weird anyway.
Unreal. Well it's here for everybody to read.

There is no way to take that out of context. You're in denial!

Just another example of Brandi changing her story in a way. I mean it's done in a subtle way here. But she said something and wished she hadn't because she saw how it made her look. Doesn't make it any less true.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

And the writer didn't word it that way. Brandi did. The writer actually asked the question in a way that should have given Brandi a very obvious indicator of the "right" response. Yet she still went the other way. All the negativity that was laced through the way the author asked that question would have sent me instantly into the defense. But Brandi climbed right on the fanatical baptist (or any religion) wagon.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 07:55 AM
And the writer didn't word it that way. Brandi did. The writer actually asked the question in a way that should have given Brandi a very obvious indicator of the "right" response. Yet she still went the other way. All the negativity that was laced through the way the author asked that question would have sent me instantly into the defense. But Brandi climbed right on the fanatical baptist (or any religion) wagon.
The writer did word it that way! :retard:

The writer is the one who stated she didnt come to these girls' defense. She wasn't directly quoted. You are ridculously naive if you think writers never get it wrong or misuse a quote to suit their own agenda.

I can't believe some of you actually think Brandi would have a problem with someone coming to terms with their sexuality and leaving an unhappy marriage. :blinkwide: You can't be freaking serious.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

He could have written anything he wanted in the preceeding paragraph and tied it to her quote. lol

When we brought up an observed trend that married lesbians eventually cheat on their spouses, Carlile was quick to disagree.

"I've got a real problem with that," she said."Catherine and I went through three months of rigorous pre-marital counseling at our Episcopalian church. We're very religious and take our marriage commitment very seriously. You know, this thing is supposed to be for life."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

No matter the context, that is some extremist behavior. She has every right to her religion, but I've had nothing but bad experiences with religious fanatics. This sounds fanatical to me. And judgmental.

I'm not choosing to ignore all comments made by the Brandi worshipping types who live in denial and refuse to accept her flaws. Logic has no place with you and there is no conversation to be had. It will be as if you don't exist. Ahhh. It's a better place already.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

correction: "now choosing"
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I posted the original quote and my god am I sorry! There is just no way to have a discussion here, people have just made up their minds beforehand. Have any of you guys ever studied beyond high school?

I didn't really think the article quoted Brandi right, but it was worth to discuss anyway. But I guess now I'll just go to somewhere where everything isn't black and white, and where discoveries can still be made.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted on Again Today

Quote:

Yesterday, Bert and I had the opportunity to spend some time with Brandi prior to her gig at the Merriam Theatre. She was extremely upset about a recent interview which ultimately led to her being misquoted in an article posted by a local newspaper.

The issue in question revolved around the journalist's divorce and he was referring to his own life specifically. During the interview, Brandi eluded to the subject matter being difficult to discuss, but it ultimately was made to seem as if she had some opinion about it. This, however, was not the case.

Brandi told us she absolutely has no judgement for those going through a divorce or for gay women coming out late in life.

She doesn't want her beliefs to be misconstrued, particularly if it hurts others or makes them feel judged.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Brandi didn't say a word about sexuality, coming out etc. in that quote. The quote itself says nothing beyond if you get married (gay, straight or otherwise) it should be something you think is for life.

Also, as I work in the field of journalism I can tell you that the publication probably has a policy not to remove something just because someone dislikes it or wishes they hadn't said it. Most times things are only removed if the quote or the context of the quote makes it incorrect, and it's often verified with a recording etc. So since it was removed that is most likely the case.

For you conspiracy theorists out there, Brandi just isn't big enough to control the media.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 09:09 PM
Posted on Again Today

Quote:

Yesterday, Bert and I had the opportunity to spend some time with Brandi prior to her gig at the Merriam Theatre. She was extremely upset about a recent interview which ultimately led to her being misquoted in an article posted by a local newspaper.

The issue in question revolved around the journalist's divorce and he was referring to his own life specifically. During the interview, Brandi eluded to the subject matter being difficult to discuss, but it ultimately was made to seem as if she had some opinion about it. This, however, was not the case.

Brandi told us she absolutely has no judgement for those going through a divorce or for gay women coming out late in life.

She doesn't want her beliefs to be misconstrued, particularly if it hurts others or makes them feel judged.
and once again brandi has to clarify herself because of the trolls on this site who overreact about and over analyze every thing she says and does. any one with half a brain who has been following brandi and has any kind of sense of her character would know she wouldn't judge others for something like that. this board is so fucking tedious some times.

Posted Image

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Geez, what a week you have all had! I think some people on here are just trying to cause trouble...why would she judge? She's newly married and could care less about what anyone else is doing...she's focused on being in love and happy. Also, its been referenced a few times that Tim is divorced, why would she judge her band member / friend?

Its good to comment and discuss but remember she reads this stuff...she will eventually stop speaking about anything interesting if you keep it up. I for one would like to hear more about the wife and their story - she is hardly going to offer that up if you keep ranting about how much you dislike her. Nothing wrong with a bit of gossip but ripping her to shreds, not necessary!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 09:31 PM
Posted on Again Today

Quote:

and once again brandi has to clarify herself because of the trolls on this site who overreact about and over analyze every thing she says and does. any one with half a brain who has been following brandi and has any kind of sense of her character would know she wouldn't judge others for something like that. this board is so fucking tedious some times.

Posted Image

Yeah guys, Brandi read the reaction of the people posting on L-chat so she call the publication and demand that they edit the article. bah ha ha ha!!!! This thread is retard Mecca!!!! Bah ha ha ha!!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 27 2012, 09:31 PM
Posted on Again Today

Quote:

Posted Image

Maybe she has to "clarify" because she makes comments that she should not have made. I can't comment because I can't find the quote that is being commented on. As to Again Today, I can't see that quote either....maybe Brandi should confront this directly rather than having her fan club do it for her. If you think we are "trolls" who overreact and over analyze with 1/2 a brain....why are you on this thread anyway???
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oct 28 2012, 03:03 AM

This is the quote people are referencing and acting like morons over. I'm actually referring to the people getting upset with those who were upset over it!

And I agree. The AT site needs a larger disconnect from Brandi. It's odd.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply