Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Ali Krieger; american football player
Topic Started: Dec 19 2011, 05:15 PM (4,242,997 Views)
Unregistered

I'm a bit surprised by the number of arguments supported by false induction on here. It is true that many lesbians (maybe even the majoriy of lesbians) have had boyfriends in the past. However the majority of people who have boyfriends, turn out to be straight or bi. Similarly, a higher proportion of girls who have never had boyfriends (relative to the proportion of girls who have had boyfriends) turn out to be lesbians.

To summarize: Ali Krieger having had a boyfriend in the past and a girlfriend currently would statistically suggest a higher probability of bisexuality. But other options are also completely possible, hence we just don't know.

On a separate note, I am a bit confused by the hypocrisy on here. If a girl had a girlfriend, we would all conclude that she is probably either gay or bi, but if she has a boyfriend we resist the conclusion that she is probably either straight or bi.

To summarize: when it comes to other people's sexual orientations, conjectures and anecdotes are pointless. Only the person in question can make any valid statement about their sexual orientation.

End rant :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 11:03 AM
I'm a bit surprised by the number of arguments supported by false induction on here. It is true that many lesbians (maybe even the majoriy of lesbians) have had boyfriends in the past. However the majority of people who have boyfriends, turn out to be straight or bi. Similarly, a higher proportion of girls who have never had boyfriends (relative to the proportion of girls who have had boyfriends) turn out to be lesbians.

To summarize: Ali Krieger having had a boyfriend in the past and a girlfriend currently would statistically suggest a higher probability of bisexuality. But other options are also completely possible, hence we just don't know.

On a separate note, I am a bit confused by the hypocrisy on here. If a girl had a girlfriend, we would all conclude that she is probably either gay or bi, but if she has a boyfriend we resist the conclusion that she is probably either straight or bi.

To summarize: when it comes to other people's sexual orientations, conjectures and anecdotes are pointless. Only the person in question can make any valid statement about their sexual orientation.

From what I gathered, people don't really have a problem with others thinking she's straight or bi. It was the offensive reasoning that the person gave that people have a problem with.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 05:13 AM
Feb 21 2012, 05:08 AM
Feb 21 2012, 04:35 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepNotebook of Love @TheNoteboook

Distance does not ruin people's relationship. You don't have to see someone everyday to be in love.

&

Notebook of Love @TheNoteboook

Don’t let the sadness of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.
Quote:

Or am I over analyzing all this? lol

hahaha u're funny. but. i. think. u're. not. :)
No this is about right I do not think you are over analyzing anything but their careers that is something to think about. Can one be on the team but not the other? While they are a couple because that would be distracting lets face Ash has a couple of years under Solo there is a chance she may be the next GK for the USWNT and having Ali right in front of you or Ash right behind you can be distracting.

This made me realize that Ashlyn is on the roster now, but Ali isn't. Is this caused by a series of unfortunate but coincidental events happening simultaneously leading to Ali and Lloyden being absent from the roster? Or is it deliberate? Have they ever played on the USWNT simultaneously?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 12:09 PM

From what I gathered, people don't really have a problem with others thinking she's straight or bi. It was the offensive reasoning that the person gave that people have a problem with.
The part saying that she wants a family and therefore must be straight, I agree, is offensive.

But the part saying she's likely bi because she had a boyfriend is fair play. There's no need to downplay her exboyfriend in the way that some people have been doing ("many lesbians have boyfriends in college, but they mean nothing") to prove that she can still be a lesbian. It's very well possible that she was in love with a boyfriend and now is in love with a girlfriend - that's perfectly normal bisexual behavior.

In any case we don't know anything conclusive so I don't really care about what sexuality she has. I do care about not marginalizing bisexuality though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 12:16 PM

Distance does not ruin people's relationship. You don't have to see someone everyday to be in love.

&

Don’t let the sadness of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.
No this is about right I do not think you are over analyzing anything but their careers that is something to think about. Can one be on the team but not the other? While they are a couple because that would be distracting lets face Ash has a couple of years under Solo there is a chance she may be the next GK for the USWNT and having Ali right in front of you or Ash right behind you can be distracting.

This made me realize that Ashlyn is on the roster now, but Ali isn't. Is this caused by a series of unfortunate but coincidental events happening simultaneously leading to Ali and Lloyden being absent from the roster? Or is it deliberate? Have they ever played on the USWNT simultaneously?
I think in this case it's just pure coincidence, unfortunate coincidence that is. I really don't think them being on the same roster would cause any problems with being focussed on the field, or Pia thinking it might be a problem. If she would have, she wouldn't even have invited Ashlyn and/or Ali to any of the camps.

Both are professional enough to not let their relationship interfere with their careers. So I don't think that's the reason why they have never been on the same roster before. In Ashlyn's case a lot of rosters consisted of having two GK and we all know both Solo and Barnie have the 1st & 2nd pick. In last year's World Cup I don't know why Pia chose Jill over Ashlyn, but I doubt it had anything to do with Ali.

I think if Ali wouldn't have gotten hurt, both her and Ashlyn would have been on this camp.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

No one here (at least that I have noticed) has argued that if one had a bf in the past and now has a gf, they MUST be a lesbian, only that it doesn't preclude the possiblity. One person did argue that if you had a bf in the past, then you MUST be bi. I don't see anyone discounting bisexuality (in this thread at least), more arguing against one poster making an offensive and logically flawed argument.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 06:24 AM
Feb 21 2012, 05:45 AM
Wrong link heres the right one Ali VS Ashlyn

Ali is kinda bad at taking shots isn't she? :lol:

haha i think its kinda cute how ashlyn stares at krieger right after..im sure giving her a smirk :p
Ali was too distracted by Ash's swag? Or maybe didn't want to shoot straight at her. Tsk tsk, Ali Krieger.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 04:13 AM
Feb 21 2012, 04:01 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

&

Seriously, those tweets can def apply to her and Ashlyn. The distance thing especially. "Sadness of your past" = The break up over the summer .... "Happiness of your present" = Getting back together ... "Fear of your future" Both of their careers may have something to do with this.

seriously...i'm with u on that one.. ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 06:13 PM

&

Seriously, those tweets can def apply to her and Ashlyn. The distance thing especially. "Sadness of your past" = The break up over the summer .... "Happiness of your present" = Getting back together ... "Fear of your future" Both of their careers may have something to do with this.

seriously...i'm with u on that one.. ;)
x2
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

&

they were on the same roster for the algarve cup 2011 and i think for the world cup qualifiers in mexico 2010, when solo was injured...but never played at the same time...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 06:43 PM

&

they were on the same roster for the algarve cup 2011 and i think for the world cup qualifiers in mexico 2010, when solo was injured...but never played at the same time...
that certainly would be an odd situation that a couple would happen to play in the same team and closely to each other as well (as GK and defender). The only other case I can think of is Abby/Sarah but Abby literally had free reign at mJ as the coach/star player.

It wouldn't be surprising if there were some unspoken rules against dating your teammate in the USWNT...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Like someone said both are professional enough to not let their relationship interfere with their jobs. Although a lot ppl did think it was very odd for Pia to choose Jill (who btw JUST came back from an injury at the time and wasn't at most of the camps because of it) over Ashlyn for the WC.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 20 2012, 09:35 PM
Posted Image
Damn she looks good! We need more pics like this :wub: :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Looks like Ali will be traveling to Maryland next month, according to her twitter and the response on it from @PSUwomenssoccer

"Penn State travels to the Maryland SoccerPlex in Germantown, Md. on Sunday, Mar. 18 (2:00 p.m.) to face off against William & Mary, an NCAA Tournament participant last season."

Anybody going?

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 07:51 PM
Looks like Ali will be traveling to Maryland next month, according to her twitter and the response on it from @PSUwomenssoccer

"Penn State travels to the Maryland SoccerPlex in Germantown, Md. on Sunday, Mar. 18 (2:00 p.m.) to face off against William & Mary, an NCAA Tournament participant last season."

Anybody going?

i bet ash will be driving her to maryland :wub: awww!...please snap some pics and post it here..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 08:08 PM
Feb 21 2012, 07:51 PM

Anybody going?

i bet ash will be driving her to maryland :wub: awww!...please snap some pics and post it here..
I can't go either, I'm stuck in Belgium LMAO, but if anybody goes, yes please take some pics!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 07:15 PM
Like someone said both are professional enough to not let their relationship interfere with their jobs. Although a lot ppl did think it was very odd for Pia to choose Jill (who btw JUST came back from an injury at the time and wasn't at most of the camps because of it) over Ashlyn for the WC.
I appreciate what you are saying, and I do think they are both very professional, but when it comes down to it - if it's a tense game like Brazil, you're getting emotional, and the woman you love is standing 50ft in front/behind you, I doubt you would see each other as "just another teammate". Even in a regular game the GK's job essentially is to yell at defenders and tell them where to go, but I somehow doubt whether Ashlyn could objectively yell at Ali. Just wondering out loud here.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 08:38 PM
I appreciate what you are saying, and I do think they are both very professional, but when it comes down to it - if it's a tense game like Brazil, you're getting emotional, and the woman you love is standing 50ft in front/behind you, I doubt you would see each other as "just another teammate". Even in a regular game the GK's job essentially is to yell at defenders and tell them where to go, but I somehow doubt whether Ashlyn could objectively yell at Ali. Just wondering out loud here.
Well it's like Ali said when it regarded the US team vs Germany, a lot of her friends are on the German team. She said "for 90 minutes I'm allowed to be mean". And honestly, I doubt Ashlyn would have to yell at Ali on the field, Bue and LeP maybe, but not Ali, she's perfect! :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 09:10 PM
Feb 21 2012, 08:38 PM
Well it's like Ali said when it regarded the US team vs Germany, a lot of her friends are on the German team. She said "for 90 minutes I'm allowed to be mean". And honestly, I doubt Ashlyn would have to yell at Ali on the field, Bue and LeP maybe, but not Ali, she's perfect! :lol:
so true :rofl:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

They might accidently yell babe at each other hahaha jk! For some reason I don't think Ashlyn would have any problem yelling at Ali. They are both very competitive players I can see them wanting to push each other to be their best (objectively of course). Just my opinion ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I can see it already...

Ash: "Dammit Ali, what are you doing??Protect the backpost"
Ali **turns around with patended judgy Kriegs glare**
Ash: "I mean, please, babe.."

And then Ash getting mercilessly teased by the team
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 04:22 AM
Feb 21 2012, 04:01 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

&

and the fact that she favorited the long distance and love one when Ash was there with her and with both being twitter silent the rest of the time pretty much sealed the deal for me.
I think Ashlyn got there on the 16th and it shows Ali favorited that "Distance does not ruin people's relationship. You don't have to see someone everyday to be in love" tweet on the 17th lol just another hilarious coincidence with these two.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 10:36 PM

&

and the fact that she favorited the long distance and love one when Ash was there with her and with both being twitter silent the rest of the time pretty much sealed the deal for me.
I think Ashlyn got there on the 16th and it shows Ali favorited that "Distance does not ruin people's relationship. You don't have to see someone everyday to be in love" tweet on the 17th lol just another hilarious coincidence with these two.
at this point, it's not coincidence anymore :shifty:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 10:39 PM
Feb 21 2012, 10:36 PM

&

at this point, it's not coincidence anymore :shifty:
lol I know but its still funny and adorable though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 21 2012, 12:23 PM

The part saying that she wants a family and therefore must be straight, I agree, is offensive.

But the part saying she's likely bi because she had a boyfriend is fair play. There's no need to downplay her exboyfriend in the way that some people have been doing ("many lesbians have boyfriends in college, but they mean nothing") to prove that she can still be a lesbian. It's very well possible that she was in love with a boyfriend and now is in love with a girlfriend - that's perfectly normal bisexual behavior.

In any case we don't know anything conclusive so I don't really care about what sexuality she has. I do care about not marginalizing bisexuality though.
The poster stated that Ali HAS to be bi simply because she had a boyfriend in the PAST. That is not true. You seem to think you're an expert on logic & reasoning, but it appears that you didn't even read the original post or responses correctly. Ali MIGHT be bisexual - she might be completely straight or completely gay. The point is, many women who have dated men in the past, identify as 100% lesbian now. The original poster's offensive & ignorant comments implied that that wasn't an option for Ali.

And for the record, the comment that most women who date men are straight is irrelevant in this conversation. We're discussing someone who is known to have dated one guy in the past & is rumored to be involved with a woman currently (assuming the Ashlyn rumors are even true). That's a different scenario than the one you're applying your logic to. And by the way, I don't know any women who ever went back to men after dating women. So, I'm not sure where you get your statistics about bisexuality, but I highly doubt it is a reliable source.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2012, 01:36 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepwe just don't know.

To summarize: when it comes to other people's sexual orientations, conjectures and anecdotes are pointless.

The poster stated that Ali HAS to be bi simply because she had a boyfriend in the PAST. That is not true. You seem to think you're an expert on logic & reasoning, but it appears that you didn't even read the original post or responses correctly. Ali MIGHT be bisexual - she might be completely straight or completely gay. The point is, many women who have dated men in the past, identify as 100% lesbian now. The original poster's offensive & ignorant comments implied that that wasn't an option for Ali.

And for the record, the comment that most women who date men are straight is irrelevant in this conversation. We're discussing someone who is known to have dated one guy in the past & is rumored to be involved with a woman currently (assuming the Ashlyn rumors are even true). That's a different scenario than the one you're applying your logic to. And by the way, I don't know any women who ever went back to men after dating women. So, I'm not sure where you get your statistics about bisexuality, but I highly doubt it is a reliable source.
Actually, I know of women who went back to men after dating women. I had a friend who dated only women for like four years. Now she is engaged to a man and I'm her maid of honor. I think you guys are just being over sensitive and over analyzing what that person said. Plus, who are we to judge whether Ali is bi, lesbian, or straight? If she wants to come out about it then she will. If she doesn't, then maybe the subject should just be dropped.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2012, 04:41 AM

To summarize: when it comes to other people's sexual orientations, conjectures and anecdotes are pointless.

Actually, I know of women who went back to men after dating women. I had a friend who dated only women for like four years. Now she is engaged to a man and I'm her maid of honor. I think you guys are just being over sensitive and over analyzing what that person said. Plus, who are we to judge whether Ali is bi, lesbian, or straight? If she wants to come out about it then she will. If she doesn't, then maybe the subject should just be dropped.
this please.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Right now we should just be happy that shes with someone who makes her happy. Leave all the labeling alone.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2012, 04:44 AM

this please.
damn the straight people have taken over a LESBIAN board, we can't even discuss someone's sexuality without people foaming at the mouth. If you guys just want to discuss her soccer skills their are many main stream forums to discuss that. Don't come on a lesbian forum and say we can't discuss sexuality. I have seen this "let drop it" shit on multiple threads now, just thought i'd comment.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ali Krieger = les-ash-bian

nuff said ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2012, 05:02 AM
Ali Krieger = les-ash-bian

nuff said ;)
MOAR ASH+ALI cuteness plz!!! :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2012, 05:00 AM
Feb 22 2012, 04:44 AM

To summarize: when it comes to other people's sexual orientations, conjectures and anecdotes are pointless. the subject should just be dropped.
this please.
damn the straight people have taken over a LESBIAN board, we can't even discuss someone's sexuality without people foaming at the mouth. If you guys just want to discuss her soccer skills their are many main stream forums to discuss that. Don't come on a lesbian forum and say we can't discuss sexuality. I have seen this "let drop it" shit on multiple threads now, just thought i'd comment.
IA, and I've definitely seen what you're talking about on other threads. Beyond that, the whole reason this "argument" started was because someone who insisted she is straight felt the need to state that on a lesbian gossip board while giving blatantly offensive reasons for that. It really stopped being about Ali at that point because they were saying some stuff that was incredibly ignorant and homophobic. It wasn't something that you needed to "over-analyze" to see. Most people were discussing her relationship with Ashlyn before that person decided they knew her sexual orientation based on a bunch of b.s. And to reiterate once again, this place is for LESBIAN GOSSIP, so if you have a problem with the subject even being discussed you probably would feel better posting somewhere that is not the whole purpose of the board.

And another thing, it's not like people are discussing the nature of Ali and Ashlyn's relationship because they want to force them out and mock them like Perez Hilton or Wendy Williams types. They do it because they like them. They are interested in their lives because they look up to them. Some are probably young gay people themselves who don't have a ton of positive role models in the public.

Now, I understand that they have many perfectly good reasons for not wanting people all in their business, so they probably won't ever be super open about their relationship if they're together. I do think it's pretty cool of them to drop the little hints that they have on twitter if they were doing it deliberately. Even though they are kind of veiled things, it's not something they have to do publicly if they don't want people to know or speculate.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

just bringin this back =) Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 22 2012, 05:43 AM
And another thing, it's not like people are discussing the nature of Ali and Ashlyn's relationship because they want to force them out and mock them like Perez Hilton or Wendy Williams types. They do it because they like them. They are interested in their lives because they look up to them. Some are probably young gay people themselves who don't have a ton of positive role models in the public.

I may not agree with everything this poster said. But I gotta agree on this one point.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Can someone tell me how Niki and Ali got to be such good friends? They seem to be really close. I know that Niki and Ash are besties,so maybe they met through her or did they at some point play on the same club?
Quote Post Goto Top

12 users reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply