Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Mysteries, legends, conspiracies that fascinate you
Topic Started: Dec 17 2011, 10:52 AM (66,871 Views)
Unregistered

The Mystery of Pope Joan
Quote Post Goto Top

Mein
Member Avatar
Cretin Owl
Ghost ships fascinate me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

And here's a recent ghost ship

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=16747
Edited by Mein, Dec 17 2011, 10:56 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

YadaYadaYada
Member Avatar

I love conspiracy theories surrounding celebrities' deaths:

In October 1969, a rumour began circling that Paul McCartney, one of The Beatles, died in a car crash in late 1966 and was replaced by a lookalike. Proponents of the theory, which is commonly referred to as the Paul is dead hoax, cite "clues" in the form of peculiar album covers, possible symbolism in strange lyrics, and backmasking.
John Lennon also of The Beatles is supposed by some to have been assassinated by the CIA using mind manipulation upon Mark Chapman, because Lennon had too much influence.
There have been many purported sightings of Elvis Presley over the years since his death in 1977. Several conspiracy theories have developed suggesting that he is still alive.
Kurt Cobain, singer and guitarist of Nirvana was suggested to not to have committed suicide, but was in fact murdered.
Some people believe that comedian Andy Kaufman faked his own death. Some believe Tupac Shakur also faked his death. Some claim that Michael Jackson is still alive, having faked his death.
Some people believe Jimi Hendrix was killed by his manager, who would gain $2,000,000 if Hendrix was to die.
Some people believe that Bob Marley was assassinated by the CIA. Allegedly someone gave him a pair of boots, and when he put them on a small copper wire inside jabbed him in the toe-the same toe that gave him the cancer (acral lentiginous melanoma) that would eventually kill him.
(From Wikipedia)

I also believe, Bigfoot, the Lochness Monster, Aliens, and ghosts exist.

I don't believe it (it's pretty wacky), but the lizard people conspiracy's also quite interesting.

Unregistered

The mystery of Anastasia Romanov's death, daughter of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia. I know her body has been found, but it still fascinates me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The Jonestown Suicides ( the conspiracy being that they weren't suicides at all and that at least 500 ofte 900 or so found dead were killed by armed guards or the inner circle.)

Assassination of JFK

Shergar

MK-ULTRA

9/11

Jesus Christ

The peak oil theory

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Madeleine McCann
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The Bloop - It originated very close to where Lovecraft put R'lyeh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

Voynich manuscript
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The conspiracies and end-of-the-world theories surrounding the Mayan calendar are pretty interesting.

The theories people come up with... :eyeroll:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 17 2011, 10:31 PM
The Jonestown Suicides ( the conspiracy being that they weren't suicides at all and that at least 500 ofte 900 or so found dead were killed by armed guards or the inner circle.)

I'm OBSESSED with Jonestown. There's an audio tape of the suicides. Though, I guess that doesn't prove anything as it's audio. But you hear Jim Jones instructing everyone to drink the "kool aid". One woman comes out and says she doesn't think it's the right thing to do. And you hear the followers, which sound like a few hundred people, pretty much booing her. Then you hear babies crying after Jones gives the order and you hear someone say, "they're just crying because of the taste." It's very disturbing audio to listen to. But it kinda proves there were people who willingly drank the poison punch.
Quote Post Goto Top

Zed
Member Avatar
Fake Natalie Tran
There's an amazing documentary about Jonestown that heavily features Jones' son, Stephan. Absolutely heartbreaking, the guy just seems so hopelessly haunted. Jonestown: Paradise Lost, fascinating and horrifying, and well worthwhile.

Ars amandi
Dec 17 2011, 10:52 AM
Haha I was thinking about this today. There is even movie about it from 2009.

Unregistered

Dec 17 2011, 11:13 PM

I'm OBSESSED with Jonestown. There's an audio tape of the suicides. Though, I guess that doesn't prove anything as it's audio. But you hear Jim Jones instructing everyone to drink the "kool aid". One woman comes out and says she doesn't think it's the right thing to do. And you hear the followers, which sound like a few hundred people, pretty much booing her. Then you hear babies crying after Jones gives the order and you hear someone say, "they're just crying because of the taste." It's very disturbing audio to listen to. But it kinda proves there were people who willingly drank the poison punch.
Jonestown OP here. I too am obsessed. Without sounding like too much of an apologist, I find the event to be fascinating and tragic.

I agree that there were obviously members of the community who were willing to die that day but I argue that of the 300 or so infants and children, only a few truly understood the situation and laid their lives down out of free will.

Christine Miller (the woman on the audio tape with the 'dissenting' opinion) obviously was not alone as a few people did escape into the jungle and to safety before the suicides were through.

Even the people who did willingy take the poison were coerced into it. First by Jim Jones' endless propaganda from the minute he arrived at JT and then by armed guards who surrounded the perimeter of the pavilion. In their final hours he convinced everyone that Guyanese and American troops were going to surround JT, torture children, elderly and kill everyone else as repercussion for the assassination of congressman Ryan and a group of journalists and defectors.

I watched the Paradise Lost documentary and found it to be less informative than the PBS one. I think it's called 'The Life and Death of Peoples Temple'. The original NBC footage included in that documentary was absolutely fascinating to watch.

There's also the website run by Rebecca Moore (Annie and Carolyn's sister). Id post the link but I'm on my phone. I believe it's hosted by SDU and called 'alternative considerations for jonestown' or something along those lines. Plenty of articles, pictures and theories over there. They even have a list of all of the victims.

On a side note, don't forget that the audio tape was stopped and restarted quite a few times. Although the tape lasts 40 minutes or so, the actual events unfolded over a period of 3 to 4 hours.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

More please, more.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

i'm not into those things too much, but the JFK assassination was always interesting to me.

From 1992 until 1998, the Assassination Records Review Board gathered and unsealed about 60,000 documents, consisting of over 4 million pages. All remaining documents are to be released by 2017.

so basically i'm just waiting for something to come up. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Goldie
Member Avatar

Dec 17 2011, 10:42 PM

Voynich manuscript
I saw a documentary on the Voynich manuscript today. :) People say it's a fraud, but I believe there must be something behind it.

I find these mysteries and theories so interesting, I have too many to list. The ones that come to mind right now are the Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis.

Unregistered

Numbers Stations
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

bermuda triangle
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

GoldStar3000
Dec 18 2011, 12:48 AM
Dec 17 2011, 10:42 PM

Voynich manuscript
I saw a documentary on the Voynich manuscript today. :) People say it's a fraud, but I believe there must be something behind it.

I find these mysteries and theories so interesting, I have too many to list. The ones that come to mind right now are the Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis.
There is something behind it. Mental illness or similar.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

anything around aliens
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 18 2011, 05:29 AM
bermuda triangle
one of the best xfiles episode.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The Bloop is so interesting. Imagine an undiscovered sea creature all the way down there that's several times larger than the blue whale... :blinkwide:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dec 18 2011, 05:29 AM
bermuda triangle
This and also the giant squid... which, I know is already real: The undigested "beak" the size of human heads have been found in the bowels of whales... still... sea monsters... kind of awesome.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The 2011 L Chat Disappearance & Resurrection
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 17 2011, 10:52 AM
watched it. Thank you it was very interesting.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 18 2011, 07:03 AM
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 18 2011, 07:05 AM
Posted Image
:rofl:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Owls.

Fucking scary.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
LOL IRL.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 18 2011, 05:16 AM
One on youtube - bloody freaky!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 18 2011, 10:56 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THAT IMAGE.

I was just about to go to sleep too

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The Polybius arcade game urban legend (at the end of this article).
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'm listening to the Jonestown Death tape on youtube.

Haunting. :blinkwide:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 18 2011, 11:40 AM
I'm listening to the Jonestown Death tape on youtube.

Haunting. :blinkwide:
I know right. I watched a documentary on Jonestown, and man, I'm not shocked by most things, but when they showed the pictures of all the bodies, and played snippets of the tape, I was horrified.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Assassination of JFK

Shergar

MK-ULTRA

9/11

Jesus Christ

The peak oil theory

The Jonestown conspiracy has pretty much been confirmed.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply