Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Pretty Little Liars
Topic Started: Dec 14 2011, 10:30 AM (2,937,496 Views)
Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 04:26 AM
episode 15 stills. Everyone looks pretty and Spencer wasn't lying about the collegiate blazers.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

spencer's new/future love interest
Posted Image

Wonder what they're talking about. Spencer's new love interest looks like a nerdy.
Goto Top

itsmebitches

Quote:

Just an FYI, to quote a person you just gotta hit [ quote](without the space) then put whatever is in there and then the [/ quote] to end the quote, but don't put a space in between the / and quote. :)

Yes my Stacie23 quote thing I will do now

Quote:

So I am gonna root for Paige and Emily's relationship and Emily's storyline but I don't think I can invest as much as I initially did, because anything can happen

There is just that total lack of trust now isn't there.

Quote:

From the viewer's point of view, yup Paige still has to redeem herself. Like one poster said, even in the voting for who people think is the Betrayer, yup Paige won with a big margin.

See this is the problem. There are to many idiots in the world that have access to the net. I was stunned when there was anyone that was surprised it was Tobey. It was as obvious as anything to me because for a while now this show has been telegraphing everything

Quote:

THIS. I think people forget that the actors have mentioned that sometimes storylines get changed right before (or even after) they start filming an episode

And here lies one of your biggest problems with the show. There should be a direction. Especially with a show like this that evolves around a mystery or a puzzle.

Quote:

For those who make it a habit to recycle old topics and re-post old rants(Like really long ones), if u don't like how PLL is written, don't fucking watch it!!! Go on with your life and maybe try to sell your version of PLL somewhere else.. or maybe watch Glee.

You do realize that there is nothing new to talk about at the moment because, well you know no new episodes are airing. As for glee, only when they sing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

And here lies one of your biggest problems with the show. There should be a direction. Especially with a show like this that evolves around a mystery or a puzzle.

Except this happens with literally all TV shows/movies. They all have last minute rewrites at some point. Maybe an actor dies or gets sick or there's a disagreement between writers or they just see that a storyline just isn't WORKING and they change it or whatever. It's easy to say 'well just pick a story and stick with it!' but things change. Especially in the case of TV shows, where you can get almost instant feedback as to whether or not things are working. Who knows what would have happened with the Maya/Paige thing the writers were planning? Maybe it was exactly the same plot that played out with the other episodes, except Maya and Paige acted all confrontational over Emily. Maybe it cast Maya in a bad light and they didn't want that to happen since she was going to die. If they took it out, there was for a good reason, PLL's powers that be don't just decide on a whim to rewrite shit just because.*

Quote:

There is just that total lack of trust now isn't there.

I don't understand this. The writers never said that everyone was going to love everything that happened. What is the total lack of trust you're talking about? It's not like MK & Co swore a blood oath that Emily and her LIs' storylines would be perfect and nothing bad would ever happen and we'd all love everything. She never even SAID that everyone would be happy with what happened. How is this a trust issue.

Quote:

See this is the problem. There are to many idiots in the world that have access to the net.

:retard:
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 04:50 AM
episode 15 stills. Everyone looks pretty and Spencer wasn't lying about the collegiate blazers.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Quote:

Wonder what they're talking about. Spencer's new love interest looks like a nerdy.

They are meant to be.lol
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 05:31 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Quote:

They are meant to be.lol
Yeah in the books Andrew was sort of her academic rival. I'm excited
Goto Top

Unregistered

Stacie23
Dec 31 2012, 02:55 AM
Dec 31 2012, 02:47 AM
Dec 31 2012, 12:53 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
@dikii03 Something we Don't know about Paily?

@PLL Fans One half gets into a bit of a cheating scandal at Lesbian Night.
Probably.

I have a wild guess that Hanna sees Paige and Shana together, she thinks Paige is cheating, she tells Emily, Paige explains the situation, etc.
That sounds about right to me. The way they say "A bit" of a cheating scandal, means they aren't actually cheating and it's a misunderstanding. So the theory that Hanna gets it wrong sounds like it would work to me.
Paige hanging around during 'Ladies' Night' without Emily? Sounds sketchy. Maybe this is part of her way to deal with the PTSD thing she could be feeling lol.
Goto Top

itsmebitches

Quote:

Except this happens with literally all TV shows/movies. They all have last minute rewrites at some point. Maybe an actor dies or gets sick or there's a disagreement between writers or they just see that a storyline just isn't WORKING and they change it or whatever. It's easy to say 'well just pick a story and stick with it!' but things change. Especially in the case of TV shows, where you can get almost instant feedback as to whether or not things are working. Who knows what would have happened with the Maya/Paige thing the writers were planning? Maybe it was exactly the same plot that played out with the other episodes, except Maya and Paige acted all confrontational over Emily. Maybe it cast Maya in a bad light and they didn't want that to happen since she was going to die. If they took it out, there was for a good reason, PLL's powers that be don't just decide on a whim to rewrite shit just because.*

Maybe but the problem with PLL is it feels like something that has been happening almost since the beginning and certainly since about midway through series 2. It is especially true with Emily's story-lines. To me it has never felt like her character has had any real direction. It feels like they were just making it up as they went along.

Quote:

I don't understand this. The writers never said that everyone was going to love everything that happened. What is the total lack of trust you're talking about? It's not like MK & Co swore a blood oath that Emily and her LIs' storylines would be perfect and nothing bad would ever happen and we'd all love everything. She never even SAID that everyone would be happy with what happened. How is this a trust issue.

It is a trust issue whenever a show resorts to gimmicky or cliched storytelling. Now granted with a show like this there has to be an element of that but not the degree that has been happening lately. Again it is especially true with Emily. Maya's death was a total gimmick storyline with no purpose whatsoever. The Nate storyline was also as cliched and as gimmicky as is possible. The whole point is it is hard to have trust in the storytelling when they continue to tell stories in such a manner..
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 30 2012, 02:25 PM
Dec 30 2012, 04:46 AM
Oh my god. Stop with the long posts already.
:rofl: Well, someone started it... seems like somebody posting the same loooooong arguments and rants in AfterEllen got bored and had to repost her looooooong rants here in L chat.. :rofl: Hate it when old topics get re-posted, like :puke:
Quote:

seems like somebody posting the same loooooong arguments and rants in AfterEllen got bored and had to repost her looooooong rants here in L chat.. :rofl: Hate it when old topics get re-posted, like :puke:

kinda sound like it..lol
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

You do realize that there is nothing new to talk about at the moment because, well you know no new episodes are airing.

Of course, but do U realize posting old rants about PLL just because U have nothing else to say about the show except whine about it, doesn't really make it a bit less annoying?? Seriously, L chat had dedicated more than 10 pages for ur old rants ages ago. Go back to AE.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:

You do realize that there is nothing new to talk about at the moment because, well you know no new episodes are airing.

Of course, but do U realize posting old rants about PLL just because U have nothing else to say about the show except whine about it, doesn't really make it a bit less annoying?? Seriously, L chat had dedicated more than 10 pages for ur old rants ages ago. Go back to AE.
It's constructive though. There's nothing wrong with wanting a show to improve.

It's a lot more interesting than reading about people whining about not wanting to have discussions.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

There are to many idiots in the world that have access to the net.

Well, this just shows that fans are hating on Paige ever since. Her so called "chemistry" with Emily didn't really convince many fans that she's a likable character then. Fans who voted for Paige as the Betrayer probably did so because they hate her and not for anything else. Are they idiots? No, they just don't like her and probably want her out of the picture. But I think people(except hard core Emayans) are going to like her or change their minds about her after the midseason finale cuz she has become a victim herself and made personal sacrifices for someone she cared for.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 12:14 PM
Dec 31 2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:

It's a lot more interesting than reading about people whining about not wanting to have discussions.
So posting old rants in this thread is going to improve the show? Yeah right. :blinkwide: Direct your own version of PLL/ Emily storylines to the writers themselves, unless ur just seeking an audience to feel good about yourself.
Goto Top

Unregistered

it's been kinda nice watching Emily turn into this aggressive take charge person. From her wearing Alison's bracelet everyday to her taking it off to speaking out about things to snapping back at people like Jenna in public when she wouldn't do that before to opening up to Paige about new A (instead of pushing her away like Hanna did to Caleb) bc A could try to hurt her because of Emily (which they thought might have happened to Maya).

Still through and through the most honest out of the four girls
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

Maybe but the problem with PLL is it feels like something that has been happening almost since the beginning and certainly since about midway through series 2. It is especially true with Emily's story-lines. To me it has never felt like her character has had any real direction. It feels like they were just making it up as they went along.

Well, that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it, but I and probably a lot of people disagree.

Quote:

it's been kinda nice watching Emily turn into this aggressive take charge person. From her wearing Alison's bracelet everyday to her taking it off to speaking out about things to snapping back at people like Jenna in public when she wouldn't do that before to opening up to Paige about new A (instead of pushing her away like Hanna did to Caleb) bc A could try to hurt her because of Emily (which they thought might have happened to Maya).

This! :clap:

Quote:

It is a trust issue whenever a show resorts to gimmicky or cliched storytelling. Now granted with a show like this there has to be an element of that but not the degree that has been happening lately. Again it is especially true with Emily. Maya's death was a total gimmick storyline with no purpose whatsoever. The Nate storyline was also as cliched and as gimmicky as is possible. The whole point is it is hard to have trust in the storytelling when they continue to tell stories in such a manner..

Honey, I don't know where you've been, but the whole show is gimmicky.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 01:08 PM

Out of the four liars, Emily has shown the most character growth. From a very shy, timid Emily to a more aggressive, outspoken Emily. Idk, the other liars seemed the same as they were since S1. She has a normal family life, the best dad.. she might have the most complicated love life but hey it's part of the drama(just like in the books).
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 02:10 PM
Dec 31 2012, 01:08 PM

Out of the four liars, Emily has shown the most character growth. From a very shy, timid Emily to a more aggressive, outspoken Emily. Idk, the other liars seemed the same as they were since S1. She has a normal family life, the best dad.. she might have the most complicated love life but hey it's part of the drama(just like in the books).
And after Emily would be Hanna. She hasn't changed too much but she's learnt some lessons on how to treat other people.

Spencer and Aria I feel are basically the same as before but their drama in 3B might change that.
Goto Top

Unregistered

When does PLL return? I've completely forgotten.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 04:57 PM
January 8
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image Posted Image
x

:wub:
Goto Top

Stacie23

Quick video from Shay, talks a little about Maya and Paige and Missy Franklin. I don't remember it being posted, but here it is. Anyways, Happy New Year to everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ZCz8PPS3U&feature=player_embedded#!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Stacie23
Dec 31 2012, 09:49 PM
Quick video from Shay, talks a little about Maya and Paige and Missy Franklin. I don't remember it being posted, but here it is. Anyways, Happy New Year to everyone!

"I do think that Paige has been an amazing person for Emily, so, I love their relationship."

Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 08:42 PM
x

Aww :love:
Goto Top

Unregistered

Stacie23
Dec 31 2012, 09:49 PM

Thanks for sharing! ^_^
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

i prefer this guy. so over toby's horrendous chin
Goto Top

Unregistered

First 10ish minutes of 314: http://prettylittleliars.us/spoilers-new-3x14-shes-better-now-promo-scenes/
Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

keegan allen's counterpart
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 1 2013, 03:29 AM
Wonder who's that guy Toby's chasing.. I'm excited for Jan 8
Goto Top

itsmebitches

Quote:

:love:

Quote:

Well, this just shows that fans are hating on Paige ever since. Her so called "chemistry" with Emily didn't really convince many fans that she's a likable character then. Fans who voted for Paige as the Betrayer probably did so because they hate her and not for anything else. Are they idiots? No, they just don't like her and probably want her out of the picture. But I think people(except hard core Emayans) are going to like her or change their minds about her after the midseason finale cuz she has become a victim herself and made personal sacrifices for someone she cared for.

Actually I didn't express myself properly here. What I meant to really say was that I think one of the greatest problems that has arisen with age of the internet is all these polls on all these websites about all these different things. As a writer and/or producer I would actually avoid forums or twitter and certainly any kind of polls and we as viewers should not allow our own individual opinions on a character or a storyline or a relationship to be shaped by such mundane things either. I think an actual discussion and debate about it is of more significance.

Quote:

Quote:

Well, that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it, but I and probably a lot of people disagree.

I get the argument that she has grown. However...
She is with maya
Then she is with Paige
Then she is with Samar
Then she is with Maya
Then Maya is gone for no reason.
Then Maya is dead for no reason.
She is on the swim team.
She is of the swim team
Now there is no mention of the swim team.
Her mother is in it.
Then her mother is in Texas.
Then her mother is back.
Turning her Bi for the Nate storytelling. Yes I know there will be those who say that is not what happened but for those who think they didn't you really need to go back and watch the episode after the kiss.
Again the show has had numerous issues like that but with Emily it is something that is constant.

Quote:

Honey, I don't know where you've been, but the whole show is gimmicky.

The A storyline is but what made the show work originally was the grounded reality of the core relationships and now I feel like that aspect of the show has become gimmicky.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 1 2013, 03:16 AM

Posted Image

i prefer this guy. so over toby's horrendous chin
This guy kind of reminds me of Sean face wise but yes, no butt chin

Posted Image

Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 31 2012, 06:46 PM
January 8
1 more week! Can't wait for new stuff to talk about. All this whining is becoming tiresome.
Goto Top

Unregistered

itsmebitches
Jan 1 2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:

I get the argument that she has grown. However...
She is with maya
Then she is with Paige
Then she is with Samar
Then she is with Maya
Then Maya is gone for no reason.
Then Maya is dead for no reason.
She is on the swim team.
She is of the swim team
Now there is no mention of the swim team.
Her mother is in it.
Then her mother is in Texas.
Then her mother is back.
Turning her Bi for the Nate storytelling. Yes I know there will be those who say that is not what happened but for those who think they didn't you really need to go back and watch the episode after the kiss.
Again the show has had numerous issues like that but with Emily it is something that is constant.

For all the things u have enumerated up there..for some reason, I still prefer Emily on TV than Emily in the books.lol Enumerating stuff about Emily in the books would be bloody. And is it really that important to you to mention Emily to be ON, OFF the swim team or WHATEVER?? Spencer started quite athletic in the beginning of the show with her hockey stuff but now she has become a full pledge nerd with no athletic capabilities whatsoever. No one's complaining.lol
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

The A storyline is but what made the show work originally was the grounded reality of the core relationships and now I feel like that aspect of the show has become gimmicky.

Welcome! To the World of Television and gimmicky,my friend. Take a sit. :rimshot:
Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

As a writer and/or producer I would actually avoid forums or twitter and certainly any kind of polls and we as viewers should not allow our own individual opinions on a character or a storyline or a relationship to be shaped by such mundane things either.

We do live in the age of the internet, unless u belong to a different timezone. But u ARE NOT the writer and producer, so what u want just can't be. If MK allowed the fans to dictate on her with regards to the storyline or relationships in the show, probably Maya is still alive and Toby wouldn't be on the A team.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 1 2013, 01:52 AM
Dec 31 2012, 08:42 PM
x

Aww :love:
I know that no relationship is safe in PLL but I would like Paily to go on til S4.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 1 2013, 07:49 AM
Dec 31 2012, 06:46 PM
January 8
1 more week! Can't wait for new stuff to talk about. All this whining is becoming tiresome.
How sure are u that the whining would stop when S3b comes in? :rofl: Some fans are natural born whiners, that's what they do. Challenge them to do something, maybe send the PLL writers an email or a letter to express their opinion about the show, they won't do it cuz they just want to.....whine in every forum that they can get into practically posting the same rants over and over again. :rofl:
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic