Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Mariska Hargitay
Topic Started: Dec 14 2011, 12:00 AM (47,716 Views)
Unregistered

Feb 13 2014, 08:17 AM

I have fun reading this site. but I really believe she is straight. If I was lesbian would fangirl openly lesbian and not someone who is in the closet means to feel ashamed of being a lesbian and be part of you guys. but if she is straight then you are slandering a person. I have never seen a site about people who are straight, do not understand this need to have to be famous and successful people are lesbian, is to feel better? and the funny thing is that nobody ever posted a pic on these many accusations and all pics are those that have put mariska in ig or she appears at events with her friends.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Actually, I think most folks on this site would agree calling MH a lesbian is a compliment, not an accusation or slander :shifty:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Lol, I just came across this: http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/rt/printerFriendly/155/116
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Okay, so there are two different videos of her being a little rude while signing stuff. It DID kind of take me by surprise that she would be like that, but one user made a good point-- these people follow her and have big, pre-printed pictures of her already, and they wait around and who knows what they do with them...they're grown men, maybe they sell them. All the fan stories from girls or young ones who look up to her and are fans of the show seem to agree that she's the sweetest and kindest person. In one video, the guy asks her to sign one more picture, and she says "no, you're good with one". And in the other video from a different day, a bunch of dudes with pictures were asking for autographs and she was kind of ignoring one of them, and then she told him she didnt like that picture. He seemed really nice and was apologetic, and she told him she just didnt like it because it was really old. You can sort of browse around Youtube and look at the paparazzi videos of her signing autographs (not at an event, just in the street)-- you'll find them, there's only a few. Those two do come off as very abrasive. But who knows if these same dudes hang around all the time. But they were very polite to her.

Also, I remember when the necklace thing happened. I saw the picture pop up on Twitter and thought it was really adorable. This is the first time I'm hearing about the incident with the picture needing to be taken down (shame, it was cute and I bet that girl is crushed), but maybe she didn't instruct her people to have it taken down. Her PR person *might* have done that independently. I do remember that Twitter was abuzz with all those baby fangirls crying about why Mariska gave that girl her necklace and some of them were being really nasty and hateful. Maybe she was getting way too many crazy tweets and threats and stuff from all the crazy baby fans. Seriously, you guys should go on Twitter and find some of them. They call themselves the "fandom" and theyre all Mariska/Peter lovers or Mariska/Chris lovers. They're brutal. It might have had to do with all the bad PR from them. But I think they should have left it up. It was cute.
Quote Post Goto Top

Too much gay
Unregistered

Feb 26 2014, 12:37 AM
Okay, so there are two different videos of her being a little rude while signing stuff. It DID kind of take me by surprise that she would be like that, but one user made a good point-- these people follow her and have big, pre-printed pictures of her already, and they wait around and who knows what they do with them...they're grown men, maybe they sell them. All the fan stories from girls or young ones who look up to her and are fans of the show seem to agree that she's the sweetest and kindest person. In one video, the guy asks her to sign one more picture, and she says "no, you're good with one". And in the other video from a different day, a bunch of dudes with pictures were asking for autographs and she was kind of ignoring one of them, and then she told him she didnt like that picture. He seemed really nice and was apologetic, and she told him she just didnt like it because it was really old. You can sort of browse around Youtube and look at the paparazzi videos of her signing autographs (not at an event, just in the street)-- you'll find them, there's only a few. Those two do come off as very abrasive. But who knows if these same dudes hang around all the time. But they were very polite to her.

Also, I remember when the necklace thing happened. I saw the picture pop up on Twitter and thought it was really adorable. This is the first time I'm hearing about the incident with the picture needing to be taken down (shame, it was cute and I bet that girl is crushed), but maybe she didn't instruct her people to have it taken down. Her PR person *might* have done that independently. I do remember that Twitter was abuzz with all those baby fangirls crying about why Mariska gave that girl her necklace and some of them were being really nasty and hateful. Maybe she was getting way too many crazy tweets and threats and stuff from all the crazy baby fans. Seriously, you guys should go on Twitter and find some of them. They call themselves the "fandom" and theyre all Mariska/Peter lovers or Mariska/Chris lovers. They're brutal. It might have had to do with all the bad PR from them. But I think they should have left it up. It was cute.
You make a good point. These young girls have an unrealistic view of the world and put celebrities on a pedestal that no one can stand on. I've never read where she's was rude to any of her fans. I respect that. I would love to see her when she's just chillin and isn't worried about presenting a certain image. I bet she's a hoot to hang with.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Too much gay
Feb 26 2014, 02:55 AM

You make a good point. These young girls have an unrealistic view of the world and put celebrities on a pedestal that no one can stand on. I've never read where she's was rude to any of her fans. I respect that. I would love to see her when she's just chillin and isn't worried about presenting a certain image. I bet she's a hoot to hang with.
Interesting how people here can talk about 20 year olds and how they act, put celebrities on pedestals, or talk poorly about Mariska. There are an equal number of 30,40,50 year fangurls out there that are just as bad as these kids. And lets not forget about this site, where the bullshit gossip never ends. Ever once think about that and how it all takes a toll on her? Lets turn the tables, how would you feel if people, fans, gossip sites and the such were speculating about your every move 24/7? If you say it's part of being a celeb, wrong answer.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Actually, it is part of being a celeb. The more that people are interested in you, the more money you command for your films or TV shows. Unfortunately, it has the side effect that you describe. Many celebs complain, but few walk away from the $$. No doubt they comfort themselves by looking to see how their stock portfolio's doing. I agree it's not anything you or I would put up with, but for $11,000,000 a year Mariska does (and that's just her SVU salary).

On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with the way she acted in these videos. She can't be sugar and spice all the time. B-)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I used to like her just because she's really attractive and plays the role of a strong confident woman, Olivia, really well. Now I have another reason to like her a lot. There are a several PSAs that are part of a campaign called No More. It's about bringing attention to the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault. The commercials have celebrities: Amy Poehler, Courtney Cox, Ice-T, Debra Messing and a bunch more, who make statements that are common misconceptions, and things that people say to justify or ignore those issues. You can see them here. Mariska is in some of the PSAs, and she's also the one behind the campaign.

There are few things better than a caring, smart, take charge woman who defends others and puts her time and energy into a good cause. I admire celebrities who use their status or fame to promote positive change rather than being self-absorbed and seeking attention for themselves.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Too much gay
Feb 26 2014, 02:55 AM

I always read that she's very sweet to her fans but I would totally understand if she told the guys who she knows aren't fans and just want her autograph to sell it to fuck off.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 27 2014, 03:35 PM
I used to like her just because she's really attractive and plays the role of a strong confident woman, Olivia, really well. Now I have another reason to like her a lot. There are a several PSAs that are part of a campaign called No More. It's about bringing attention to the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault. The commercials have celebrities: Amy Poehler, Courtney Cox, Ice-T, Debra Messing and a bunch more, who make statements that are common misconceptions, and things that people say to justify or ignore those issues. You can see them here. Mariska is in some of the PSAs, and she's also the one behind the campaign.

There are few things better than a caring, smart, take charge woman who defends others and puts her time and energy into a good cause. I admire celebrities who use their status or fame to promote positive change rather than being self-absorbed and seeking attention for themselves.
I agree. She's one of the few that really push an agenda in support of women. And she uses her buddies to help her. No matter what you may think about her being closeted, you have to give her kudos for supporting women at risk. In that area, she steps out to help some of the most vulnerable in the community. I wish others would do the same.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 27 2014, 03:04 PM
She can't be sugar and spice all the time. B-)
No closet case can be.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 27 2014, 11:35 PM
Feb 27 2014, 03:04 PM
She can't be sugar and spice all the time. B-)
No closet case can be.
true - but I'm sure Ellen has her days too where she's not dancing in the aisles.

point is, MH and all the rest of the celebs promote themselves; they have no right to gripe about the baggage that comes with that.

having said that, they get to have their off days, being more Grumpy than Snow White with the fans (but they don't get to go all Alec Baldwin).

as for the necklace, she did a nice thing for one fan, probably didn't want it publicized where she'd have to do it for all.
Quote Post Goto Top

Texas

Anyone have an idea where SVU is going with Benson's career? The storyline has her taking over as captain, and now her character seems a little flat. It also seems like they have her looking older with her hair and clothes style. I know she is older than Rollins and Amaro, but it looks deliberate. Not bad, just deliberate like the intent is to phase her out of the lead role.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Texas
Mar 10 2014, 12:26 AM
Anyone have an idea where SVU is going with Benson's career? The storyline has her taking over as captain, and now her character seems a little flat. It also seems like they have her looking older with her hair and clothes style. I know she is older than Rollins and Amaro, but it looks deliberate. Not bad, just deliberate like the intent is to phase her out of the lead role.
I have no idea but have thought the same too. This season she looks a lot older and the clothes they have her wear seem a little out of character. Especially the awful dresses she wears to the therapist. When I first saw those scenes I think I even muttered out loud 'OMG' because it was so bad. MH is definitely looking much better in real life at the moment.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

She's hot and all, but doesn't ping to me really..
Quote Post Goto Top

Too much gay
Unregistered

Mar 10 2014, 02:38 AM
I also couldn't figure out why she wore dresses to the therapist????? Same with the matronly blouses??? I can see why they put Olivia in charge she is the natural choice. As far as pinging, she's really trying to hide it. Till you see pics with her girlfriends and then those with peter. The peter ones are so much more forced, and she rarely wears her wedding ring. Anyone "that in love" with their husband would go anywhere without their ring. It's a straight thing. Lol what's with this just now coming out that peter was abused as a child?? This is the first I've heard of this why wait ten years to say something????
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Too much gay
Mar 10 2014, 03:51 AM
I also couldn't figure out why she wore dresses to the therapist????? Same with the matronly blouses??? I can see why they put Olivia in charge she is the natural choice. As far as pinging, she's really trying to hide it. Till you see pics with her girlfriends and then those with peter. The peter ones are so much more forced, and she rarely wears her wedding ring. Anyone "that in love" with their husband would go anywhere without their ring. It's a straight thing. Lol what's with this just now coming out that peter was abused as a child?? This is the first I've heard of this why wait ten years to say something????
Wearing a ring is a straight thing? It's 2014 and big diamonds don't go with everything and damage easily. There a millions of women and men who don't wear their wedding ring everyday and since we don't see photos of her every day, you don't know what she does. I would be more concerned with a women who wears her ring all the time. Then to judge her based on photos that come out once every six weeks or so? And Peter's story, is it anyone's business? Why can't people open up about their abuse in their own time, when they are ready, or not? What's your story? Why aren't you posting it here? Never once has anyone even stated their real name on here, what city they live in, what they do for a living or what their story is and who they have sex with.
Quote Post Goto Top

So much gay
Unregistered

Mar 10 2014, 09:38 AM
Too much gay
Wearing a ring is a straight thing? It's 2014 and big diamonds don't go with everything and damage easily. There a millions of women and men who don't wear their wedding ring everyday and since we don't see photos of her every day, you don't know what she does. I would be more concerned with a women who wears her ring all the time. Then to judge her based on photos that come out once every six weeks or so? And Peter's story, is it anyone's business? Why can't people open up about their abuse in their own time, when they are ready, or not? What's your story? Why aren't you posting it here? Never once has anyone even stated their real name on here, what city they live in, what they do for a living or what their story is and who they have sex with.
And where's your name and story??? And there are tons of everyday pics outside her work and she rarely has it on. Listens, she's the one going on about how perfect he is, and yes it's a little odd she doesn't wear her ring very much. And it's a little odd that she preaches stepping up and talking about abuse then her advocate husband never said anything until now. It's not a bad thing just another odd thing where 1 plus 1 doesn't seem to equal 2 is all. Anyway, whatever. It does look like she is preparing for life after svu with directing. That is a great step for her. Least it will keep her in the business since acting roles are pretty scarce for her. I bet she will be great at it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is a cute video of Mariska and Debra Messing doing an interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXw_94bS77A
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

So much gay
Mar 10 2014, 12:31 PM
Too much gay

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
And where's your name and story??? And there are tons of everyday pics outside her work and she rarely has it on. Listens, she's the one going on about how perfect he is, and yes it's a little odd she doesn't wear her ring very much. And it's a little odd that she preaches stepping up and talking about abuse then her advocate husband never said anything until now. It's not a bad thing just another odd thing where 1 plus 1 doesn't seem to equal 2 is all. Anyway, whatever. It does look like she is preparing for life after svu with directing. That is a great step for her. Least it will keep her in the business since acting roles are pretty scarce for her. I bet she will be great at it.
A lot of couple don't wear their wedding rings as they get older because it doesn't fit anymore. That being said she could offer to have it resized.
And yes she's always saying how perfect the guy is and I don't doubt that the guy is actually a great guy but they're not a couple, they're fake, he's gay and so is she.
Oh and you forgot to mention that their first date was in church...the guy took her to church...
Quote Post Goto Top

So much gay
Unregistered

Mar 10 2014, 04:39 PM
So much gay

A lot of couple don't wear their wedding rings as they get older because it doesn't fit anymore. That being said she could offer to have it resized.
And yes she's always saying how perfect the guy is and I don't doubt that the guy is actually a great guy but they're not a couple, they're fake, he's gay and so is she.
Oh and you forgot to mention that their first date was in church...the guy took her to church...
Yea the church was supposed to be such a big part of his life yet they don't go to church?? Just a weird thing I picked up on long before I read any rumors about her affinity for women. But I can see her reasons for staying in the closet, whatever I still think she's amazing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

So much gay
Mar 10 2014, 05:18 PM
So much gay

Yea the church was supposed to be such a big part of his life yet they don't go to church?? Just a weird thing I picked up on long before I read any rumors about her affinity for women. But I can see her reasons for staying in the closet, whatever I still think she's amazing.
They came up with the church thing to appear as the perfect couple.
I dont think she's amazing, she's the biggest hypocrite out there, news flash Mariska, you can't have it both ways, you can't stay in the closet and live a lie as if being gay was shameful and tell rape victims to be proud of who they are and be strong.
What a pathetic loser.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 10 2014, 05:51 PM
So much gay

I dont think she's amazing, she's the biggest hypocrite out there, news flash Mariska, you can't have it both ways, you can't stay in the closet and live a lie as if being gay was shameful and tell rape victims to be proud of who they are and be strong.
What a pathetic loser.
The only people that are pathetic are those who think she should come out or Peter should tell his story and spread it all over. When she tells people to talk about their abuse, it as they want to. Peter's abuser, could be in jail, dead or remember, assault doesn't always mean rape, we don't know. And a lot of people put it behind them and again, why should he hold a press conference for something so personal. Just as whatever Mariska is, and obviously comfortable with her sexuality, why does it matter? If she likes women, she either will come out or not, either way she is right. If she's doesn't, then she won't. Neal Baer just came out and has been married for years. Who cares. And again, when you guys can afford to have a $100K + ring on your finger, tell me how comfortable you are wearing when it's hot, so you sweat and it comes off, when it's cold and your finger shrinks and it comes off, when you're playing with the kids at the park or jogging, or whatever. I know I'm talking to a bunch of fat ugly dykes here, because they are always the ones gossiping and pissed off when women don't come out. It's no big deal anyhow, get a life. By the way, so they went to church on their first date. It's better than your first dates, Corona and pool and shots? Classy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 10 2014, 03:58 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is a cute video of Mariska and Debra Messing doing an interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXw_94bS77A
I'm surprised noone has commented on this given the rumors between deb messing and mariska. Cute interview nonetheless.
Quote Post Goto Top

So much gay
Unregistered

Mar 11 2014, 12:57 AM
I'm surprised noone has commented on this given the rumors between deb messing and mariska. Cute interview nonetheless.
That pretty well speaks for itself!! Lol if that doesn't answer the rumors nothing will!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 11 2014, 12:57 AM
That's because her fangirls are 14 years old, they don't know any better.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

So much gay

What a pathetic loser.
I agree. I used to follow her back when SVU first came on, and lost interest when the gay rumors started and she denied it in a way that made it seem like being called gay was an insult, or offensive.

She IS a hypocrite. Trying to empower women, then hides who she is like it's something to be ashamed of. Fuck off, please.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 11 2014, 12:36 AM
So much gay

What a pathetic loser.
The only people that are pathetic are those who think she should come out or Peter should tell his story and spread it all over. When she tells people to talk about their abuse, it as they want to. Peter's abuser, could be in jail, dead or remember, assault doesn't always mean rape, we don't know. And a lot of people put it behind them and again, why should he hold a press conference for something so personal. Just as whatever Mariska is, and obviously comfortable with her sexuality, why does it matter? If she likes women, she either will come out or not, either way she is right. If she's doesn't, then she won't. Neal Baer just came out and has been married for years. Who cares. And again, when you guys can afford to have a $100K + ring on your finger, tell me how comfortable you are wearing when it's hot, so you sweat and it comes off, when it's cold and your finger shrinks and it comes off, when you're playing with the kids at the park or jogging, or whatever. I know I'm talking to a bunch of fat ugly dykes here, because they are always the ones gossiping and pissed off when women don't come out. It's no big deal anyhow, get a life. By the way, so they went to church on their first date. It's better than your first dates, Corona and pool and shots? Classy.
I'm just saying, don't preach what you can't even do yourself. But I agree about the wedding rings, nothing scandalous about not wearing it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Common misunderstanding. When Mariska says be who you are, talk about your abuse, she doesn't mean hold a press conference and talk about every detail of your personal life to the press or Tweet about it to the world.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

It's no big deal anyhow, get a life.
Says the angry homophobic cunt who spends its time melting down over lesbian gossip being discussed on a LESBIAN GOSSIP forum.

Seriously, go fuck yourself.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

So much gay

What a pathetic loser.
Wait. OT, I know. But Neal Baer came out? Really? Wow. I'll have to read up. He was the only real champion for Kim Legaspi's character on ER back in the day. He then cast Elizabeth Mitchell on L&O: SVU later.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 17 2014, 11:32 PM
Says the angry homophobic cunt who spends its time melting down over lesbian gossip being discussed on a LESBIAN GOSSIP forum.

Ahhh, yes. When someone knows they are wrong, the proverbial - Go fuck yourself - is their answer. And no one here is angry, except for you, and no one is a homophobic either.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 18 2014, 09:26 AM

Ahhh, yes. When someone knows they are wrong, the proverbial - Go fuck yourself - is their answer. And no one here is angry, except for you, and no one is a homophobic either.
I'm not the one bending over backwards insisting that Mariska is straight, and calling other posters "big ugly dykes" in the process.

You're not fooling anyone, cocksucker.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 19 2014, 02:56 AM
Mar 18 2014, 09:26 AM

I'm not the one bending over backwards insisting that Mariska is straight, and calling other posters "big ugly dykes" in the process.

You're not fooling anyone, cocksucker.
Pot, meet kettle. Interesting how the lesbian gossip site, all who have never met Mariska, are so convinced about what they post, including made up dialogue over the years. Anyone can say anything and post it to internet. If you think I bend over backwards, I guess it's safe to assume you do as well trying to spread your belief. Maybe just a little bit of hypocrisy going on or even a double standard? It's okay for you to post your feelings, but no one else can? It seems the hate from the gossipers far outnumbers the people taking her side. Regardless, what she does in her private life is no ones business. She doesn't worry about what you all do, why do you worry about what she does? Your existence doesn't depend her privacy does it? And the hate on here just shows the personalities. Big ugly dykes or ugly personalities that don't respect anyone's right to privacy in their bedroom. Same difference. Telling her to practice what she preaches, funny, you should try it and post your entire private life on the internet or hold a press conference.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

<yawn> we've been over this before. If Mariska wanted privacy, she should have chosen a profession where her salary is not directly tied to people's interest in her. And no, once you open the box, you can't control the aspect of your life that people become interested in. If you don't like it, do what others have done - get a real acting job that doesn't depend on how much people like you.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply