Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
English Football Ladies
Topic Started: Dec 13 2011, 08:20 PM (716,466 Views)
Unregistered

Claire Rafferty is super Hot but Im guessing super straight
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 03:55 PM
I wanted to say the same except that I think she may play for our team. I don't know why but she gives this special vibe...cool chick u know ? ^_^
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Tash Dowie, Becky Easton, Fern Whelan, Brook Chaplen, Amy Kane and Fara Williams, Everton are shaping up to be lesbian co-habitation central.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 04:00 PM
Apr 9 2012, 03:55 PM
I wanted to say the same except that I think she may play for our team. I don't know why but she gives this special vibe...cool chick u know ? ^_^
I said this before I hear her speak and she pinged a bit then but I have no gaydar what so ever so I hope your right :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

I luv this pic. steph houghton and claire rafferty in one pic...next to each other...I'll probably dream of this. :angel:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 2 2012, 06:08 PM
Apr 2 2012, 05:49 PM
English SOCCER ladies!
It's called FOOTBALL in England, so English football ladies.
:rofl:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 02:04 PM
English SOCCER ladies!
I'm all for this thread succeeding, and any others like it.....BUT, this stupid crap about "its Football not Soccer" has to end.
You are in a North American Forum. Like it or not. Its Soccer. Plain and simple
Unless you own this 'north american' board, i'd suggest you stop chatting shit and learn to share. this board is free for all to use, the op is (im assuming) british or at the least comes from an area where they say football not soccer. what's the big deal.

how fucking arrogant of you to try and determine what should and shouldn't be posted. just because the vocabulary may not be the same as yours doesn't mean it isn't correct.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

English SOCCER ladies!
I'm all for this thread succeeding, and any others like it.....BUT, this stupid crap about "its Football not Soccer" has to end.
Cunt needs to piss off back to fawning over Hope Solo
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 04:08 PM
Tash Dowie, Becky Easton, Fern Whelan, Brook Chaplen, Amy Kane and Fara Williams, Everton are shaping up to be lesbian co-habitation central.
I thought Fern was straight?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 04:47 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Cunt needs to piss off back to fawning over Hope Solo
and rather than them bragging about it being a north american board - they should remember that the owner/host whatever you call her of this whole board, (ie; the bitch) is british.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 04:29 PM

Unless you own this 'north american' board, i'd suggest you stop chatting shit and learn to share. this board is free for all to use, the op is (im assuming) british or at the least comes from an area where they say football not soccer. what's the big deal.

how fucking arrogant of you to try and determine what should and shouldn't be posted. just because the vocabulary may not be the same as yours doesn't mean it isn't correct.
Bullshit !!! only AMERICAN language!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 06:36 PM

maaan...thank god that american language is not english !! puuh...how lucky we are. :retard:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 06:41 PM
Apr 9 2012, 06:36 PM

maaan...thank god that american language is not english !! puuh...how lucky we are. :retard:
:retard: :retard: :retard:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I don't suppose anybody was at the Liverpool game yesterday and is able to tell us what happened at the end in a bit more detail? Because it sounds crazy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 06:53 PM
I don't suppose anybody was at the Liverpool game yesterday and is able to tell us what happened at the end in a bit more detail? Because it sounds crazy.
It really did sound bad 2 Bristol players sent off...

They sort of skimmed over it before todays game too.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Well I have at least been able to gather from match reports that Bristol's Grace McCatty either kicked or stamped on Liverpool's Katie Brusell as she lay on the floor. McCatty got a red card, and Brusell went off injured wearing a neck brace. I'm assuming the neck brace was due to the injury that caused her to be on the floor in the first place, and not from the kick/stamp, because that would make more sense. But who knows?

The only thing which isn't mentioned at all is the reason for the other red card. Yorsten must have gotten herself pretty involved in this brawl (as I've seen it described). It's a shame we will probably never see it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Whatever happened to the launch of the women's pro league? I thought sky were going to support it? What has happened ? :hmmm:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

NewArtRiot
Apr 9 2012, 07:26 PM
Whatever happened to the launch of the women's pro league? I thought sky were going to support it? What has happened ? :hmmm:
Sky have shown some clips of womens games in the new WSL/Continental cup and ESPN UK are showing some matches.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

NewArtRiot
Well...they talk a lot and do nothing. But it's great that ESPN shows the FAWSL every week. I'm from germany and we don't have something like this for the women's bundesliga.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 07:37 PM
NewArtRiot
Well...they talk a lot and do nothing. But it's great that ESPN shows the FAWSL every week. I'm from germany and we don't have something like this for the women's bundesliga.
But you get weekly streaming of matches at least, the reviews show is good but ESPN only showed I think 6 matches last year and the continental cup final and I think either Sky or BBC showed the womens FA cup final which isnt much overall.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh right it's so ridiculous that they don't support it properly they totally sabotage the women's pro leagues ... Oh well :dance:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I actually thought it was terrible how little the bbc and sky showed of the last women's world cup. They relegated it to bbc3 :worship:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 07:39 PM
NewArtRiot
But you get weekly streaming of matches at least, the reviews show is good but ESPN only showed I think 6 matches last year and the continental cup final and I think either Sky or BBC showed the womens FA cup final which isnt much overall.
Yes. That's true. But they always show the same teams. I'm not complaining but I'd like to see teams from the bottom of the league aswell. But anyway I'm lucky to live in a city where I can go to a bundesliga match. At least when I'm not playing myself. ^^
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

NewArtRiot
Apr 9 2012, 07:42 PM
I actually thought it was terrible how little the bbc and sky showed of the last women's world cup. They relegated it to bbc3 :worship:
Agreed, Sky was awful they showed nothing, Eurosport is the channel that really supports womens football, they are showing womens CL game, the under 20 and I think 17 womens world cup and they did a great job with last years world cup.

I would love to know the rating for womens football matches.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 07:44 PM

Yes. That's true. But they always show the same teams. I'm not complaining but I'd like to see teams from the bottom of the league aswell. But anyway I'm lucky to live in a city where I can go to a bundesliga match. At least when I'm not playing myself. ^^
Im a bit of a Potsdam fan so im glad they show them regularly because living in the UK there is no chance of getting to a game but the smaller teams have a lot to offer, really impressed with the way Freiberg beat Frankfurt so it would be nice to see more of them play each other.

Which team do you support?and Play for?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

NewArtRiot
Agreed, Sky was awful they showed nothing, Eurosport is the channel that really supports womens football, they are showing womens CL game, the under 20 and I think 17 womens world cup and they did a great job with last years world cup.

Yeah Eurosport is the best for it! I remember reading something at the time about the ratings and I think they were pretty high :hmmm:

I know the ratings in the u.s for it were higher than the men's world cup and I mean you think with those ratings that they would then get proper support for their pro leagues but they didn't even then. So what hope has the English and other European leagues!!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

NewArtRiot
The WSL just started it's second season. It's semi-pro for now but it seems to be the FA's plan for taking the womens game forward. They have said numerous times that within the next few years they expect to expand the league to 12 teams or more and possibly to two tiers.

ESPN have broadcast rights for another two seasons after this one. I've no idea how many games they will actually be showing live (I suspect not many which is a shame), but their highlights show will air on Tuesday nights.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Sky give the game fuck all coverage - there just isn't enough money in it for them, but that is a typical Sky Sports attitude and not because it's women's football.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 07:47 PM

Im a bit of a Potsdam fan so im glad they show them regularly because living in the UK there is no chance of getting to a game but the smaller teams have a lot to offer, really impressed with the way Freiberg beat Frankfurt so it would be nice to see more of them play each other.

in the bundesliga every team can beat the other. that's great. I'm a fan of potsdam. but I also support jena who always struggle to stay in the 1st league. but I love them anyway ;)
I play in a 4th league club. so it's not worth mentioning. ^^
what english team do you support ?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 9 2012, 07:52 PM
NewArtRiot
The WSL just started it's second season. It's semi-pro for now but it seems to be the FA's plan for taking the womens game forward. They have said numerous times that within the next few years they expect to expand the league to 12 teams or more and possibly to two tiers.

ESPN have broadcast rights for another two seasons after this one. I've no idea how many games they will actually be showing live (I suspect not many which is a shame), but their highlights show will air on Tuesday nights.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Sky give the game fuck all coverage - there just isn't enough money in it for them, but that is a typical Sky Sports attitude and not because it's women's football.
Aw thanks imma gonna google stuff ha !! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid601325122001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEabvr4~,Wtd2HT-p_Vh4qBcIZDrvZlvNCU8nxccG&bctid=1553967737001

hope it works. claire rafferty...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

NewArtRiot
Apr 9 2012, 07:51 PM
NewArtRiot

Yeah Eurosport is the best for it! I remember reading something at the time about the ratings and I think they were pretty high :hmmm:

I know the ratings in the u.s for it were higher than the men's world cup and I mean you think with those ratings that they would then get proper support for their pro leagues but they didn't even then. So what hope has the English and other European leagues!!!!
If the ratings are high then there really is no excuse for it but at least one channel is determined to show it. The WWC final was the most tweeted about event and everytime the USWNT plays at least one player is always trending so the interest is definitely there.

The sport struggles in the UK and maybe having the summer season will help but the media doesnt help by basing their argument for not showing it on attendance at games.

I do think Sky Sports has an obsession with mens sports though(apart from Ladies golf), they only show mens tennis also except for maybe US Open.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 07:53 PM

in the bundesliga every team can beat the other. that's great. I'm a fan of potsdam. but I also support jena who always struggle to stay in the 1st league. but I love them anyway ;)
That really is what is great about bundesliga, you never know what will happen. Hey playing football is still playing football each player helps the sport grow imo no matter at what level you play.

Im a liverpool support for the mens so that comes into the womens side too but I also like Bristol Academy and the Donny Bells (love Sue Smith). I kind of tired of Arsenal winning it all now, hopefully someone can stop them this year.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 08:11 PM

That really is what is great about bundesliga, you never know what will happen. Hey playing football is still playing football each player helps the sport grow imo no matter at what level you play.

Im a liverpool support for the mens so that comes into the womens side too but I also like Bristol Academy and the Donny Bells (love Sue Smith). I kind of tired of Arsenal winning it all now, hopefully someone can stop them this year.
I have to admitt that I love arsenal. Men and women. They have great players and the best youth system IMO. They do not only buy players they 'make' players.
But everton and birmingham will have a chance this season.

Why is it that many english men have something against women's football ? I always read those 'go back to the kitchen' comments. It's a shame...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 9 2012, 08:25 PM
Apr 9 2012, 08:11 PM

I have to admitt that I love arsenal. Men and women. They have great players and the best youth system IMO. They do not only buy players they 'make' players.
But everton and birmingham will have a chance this season.

Why is it that many english men have something against women's football ? I always read those 'go back to the kitchen' comments. It's a shame...
I agree with you on the youth systems at Arsenal and there is no denying they play great football and have done a great job in sporting their womens team but to make the league interesting it needs a few more teams to compete for the top spot at least and hopefully Everton and Birmingham do challenge.

I dont really know why they say that, some might say because they cant comprehend women being as equally successful in something that they cannot do as its mainly male fans who are watching in the stands that say these things and they are jealous that some women are better than them, others would say its just narrow mindedness as they have probably never seen a womens game before in their life apart from a 5 minute clip on youtube of a woman making a mistake on the ball or in goal. Who knows how the male mind works :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I was watching the game on ESPN and had the BBC website football ticker open to keep up with the Spurs game and I was pleasantly surprised to see updates of the FAWSL game coming up there.
Quote Post Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply