Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Bernadette Peters
Topic Started: Dec 13 2011, 07:58 PM (30,172 Views)
ack
Unregistered

If I am to ever meet this supremely lovely-looking woman in person, it's going to take everything in my power to keep from kneading her face with my hand like Steve Martin did to her in The Jerk. She has truly luminous skin.

The hands are to stay firmly pocketed, should the moment arrive.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 23 2011, 06:24 AM
Dec 23 2011, 05:50 AM
Dec 22 2011, 06:33 PM
Looks like Bernadette's not going to LA with Follies, making it more obvious that the poster pages back is an imposter. Someone in the show who was screwing her, would have known this in advance and not prattled on about what would happen when they got to LA.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/157907-EXCLUSIVE-Bernadette-Peters-Will-End-Follies-Journey-On-Broadway

When did the poster say anything about LA? As far as I know the starfucker person has not come back..who else claimed to be hooking up with her?
Post #37 of this thread.
Ohhh ok. Yeah, that post is fake as hell.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'm reporting back here about the old "Fire Island" pics...nothing to report :( . After dinner this evening we were showed "framed art" which consisted of pic after pic of obese drag queens! I had my hopes up & had been looking forward to what I thought was going to be a big reveal. Sorry chicas...I am disappointed to.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 24 2011, 07:55 AM
I'm reporting back here about the old "Fire Island" pics...nothing to report :( . After dinner this evening we were showed "framed art" which consisted of pic after pic of obese drag queens! I had my hopes up & had been looking forward to what I thought was going to be a big reveal. Sorry chicas...I am disappointed to.
awww, that's sad. thanks for letting us know, though. and now, to cheer us all up, here's bernadette with the muppets:

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

So, regarding all the gay rumors with this lady, there's a lot of smoke but where the fire is located is anyone's guess. Inconclusive. And will likely remain so until she dies. If she really is gay, she'll be going the Lena Horne route on the matter. She's done a good job covering up, if that's the case. Why tear down all those walls, built up over decades and decades?

It would be absolutely wonderful to be able to count her as one of us, but I'll be maintaining some healthy doubt that she is. She's not the only Broadway actress to have such rumors about her.

But, gay or not, I am forever grateful that her talent and beauty led me to watch the PBS taping of Sunday in the Park with George, the only musical to ever truly, deeply move me and cause me to weep.

"Color and Light" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMgEaIom5KA

"Move On" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkW_VdxkzAY

"Sunday" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVO9rN5Bk1A
Quote Post Goto Top

EP7879

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmOpjburAE&feature=player_embedded

Wow--I've never seen her so emotional...very genuine...one of the more emotional Tony speeches I've seen,

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

italianyc84
Dec 27 2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmOpjburAE&feature=player_embedded

Wow--I've never seen her so emotional...very genuine...one of the more emotional Tony speeches I've seen,

that was so sweet!

but i hate it, HATE IT, when producers rush winners through their acceptance speeches with the whole "wrap it up!" on the teleprompter. so damn annoying. i actually want to hear them talk! even if it goes on all night!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hahaha okay so this isn't actually interesting but I'm still excited about it, today walking in the UWS I passed by some cute family, but it was weird because I felt like I knew them but had no idea where the hell I would know them from... Then I realized fucking L-chat, this thread. I don't really like Broadway so I had/have no idea who Donna Murphy is but it still took a lot to keep from cracking up there on the street realizing that. It was definitely her with the girl posted, and the man and little girl she's in that picture with that someone posted, so I guess that would be her husband and daughter? I'd just assumed that the girlfriend was also a daughter, I mean she was holding her by her side but yeah... definitely a big age difference. Geeze.
Anyway just amused. L-chat's always great for making you even fucking weirder than you already are.

That video! BP is so fucking cute.
Her doing this song is definitely my favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRnKt3H8LrI
You guys she is essentially adorable. It is horrible.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hello ladies. Im new to this thread so I was hoping someone can give me a summary of Miss Peters history of her llove for women. Has she had long term relationships. One night stands? TIA. :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 30 2011, 05:49 AM
Hahaha okay so this isn't actually interesting but I'm still excited about it, today walking in the UWS I passed by some cute family, but it was weird because I felt like I knew them but had no idea where the hell I would know them from... Then I realized fucking L-chat, this thread. I don't really like Broadway so I had/have no idea who Donna Murphy is but it still took a lot to keep from cracking up there on the street realizing that. It was definitely her with the girl posted, and the man and little girl she's in that picture with that someone posted, so I guess that would be her husband and daughter? I'd just assumed that the girlfriend was also a daughter, I mean she was holding her by her side but yeah... definitely a big age difference. Geeze.
Anyway just amused. L-chat's always great for making you even fucking weirder than you already are.

That video! BP is so fucking cute.
Her doing this song is definitely my favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRnKt3H8LrI
You guys she is essentially adorable. It is horrible.
Adorable forever! Uggh, how can you not love her??

So, Murphy was with the husband AND the girlfriend? I know the husband allegedly knows all about it (and from that, I'm assuming he doesn't care), but WTF? What is he getting out of this situation? Is he gay? Is she bi? It's all very awkward and strange. Just get a divorce and be who you are. End of story.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your little run in! It was definitely interesting to read about. Anyone run into Bernadette lately? :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 30 2011, 06:35 AM
Hello ladies. Im new to this thread so I was hoping someone can give me a summary of Miss Peters history of her llove for women. Has she had long term relationships. One night stands? TIA. :P
Let me see if I can do a quick summary here. . .

1. According to gossip here, elsewhere, and some blind items, she was in a LTR with her assistant for many years. It ended during her run in Gypsy, and allegedly was the reason why her performances were so erratic. The assistant is still her assistant. Awkward!

2.) Pre-hacking L chat gossip: a Follies chorus girl spilled the beans that she likes petite brunettes, flits shamelessly with all the dancers, and likes to grab their asses. Fun times!

3.) More pre-hacking L chat gossip: another poster (who may or may not also be in Follies), claimed to be having a for fun only sex arrangement with her. Apparently non-consensual biting was involved.

4.) Many Datalounge posters have recounted tales of her hitting on them, or hitting on girls they know. Some of these anecdotes go back to the 80s, so there's no way she's pulling a Meredith Baxter. She's liked the ladies for a long time.

And I guess that's it in a nutshell. Girls, did I miss anything?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Babby Bernadette. Look at her hairrrr~

Also for some reason I almost hope that Murphy's husband is straight and she's just being the main breadwinner and banging twenty-somethings on the side and he's just like "OK YOU DO THAT" about this. My guess is that it's a lavender marriage though. They have a kid and he doesn't make money, it probably doesn't make sense to them to divorce. An understanding of marriage as a social contract.
Quote Post Goto Top

Scooper
Member Avatar

Anything You Can Do live Broadway 1999

EP7879

omg LOVE that baby photo! YEARS ago, at the Museum of TV and Radio (I think it was the one in NY but it might have been the one in LA), I viewed a video of BP on "Name That Tune" or something like that; she was maybe 5 years old. CUTEST kid EVER.

Saw Follies yet again yesterday. *sigh* she is soooo breathtaking. Didn't wait at the stage door; I don't do autographs but LOVE to take photos, and I didn't like the way my hair looked. Yes, I'm THAT vain. Plus there was about a zillion people. (at the Kennedy Center I met her a few times due to no crowds whatsoever; on one instance we got to have a pretty nice chat, actually. Incidentally it was also the one time that Patty wasn't glued to her side!!!)

Posted Image

EP7879

by the way, I love this thread so, so much.

Unregistered

italianyc84
Dec 31 2011, 05:02 PM
Incidentally it was also the one time that Patty wasn't glued to her side!!!
Funny you should mention that, because in like every stage door video on YT, she is RIGHT THERE, anxiously hovering in the background. If I didn't already know who she was, I'd be concerned for Bernadette's safety.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Do you think her erratic behavior during Gypsy could have been menopause? Timing is about right.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

What erratic behavior? She had the flu for a couple of weeks and missed a few early performances. She came back a bit too soon and coughed a lot through a few more performances. Then she recovered and went on to perform the show successfully for over a year. It never would have been anything worth mentioning except that N.Y. Post gossip writer Michael Riedel tried to work up some kind of issue about it in his column. That's it. End of story. Hardly something that would normally qualify for the term "erratic behavior."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

"It's all about thinking for yourself and being your own person."
You have been in a cult, Bernadette.

A cult.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

They forgot to photoshop the image of her that's in the mirror to match the photoshop they did on her...
Quote Post Goto Top

EP7879

That cult thing was news to me...wtf!! I had heard about the scientology thing back in the 70's, but that other thing was a legit cult! Wow. She's a very, very interesting and complex person...she obviously has some issues, which I don't fault her for...hell, we ALL do!

EP7879

girls!
Posted Image

EP7879

awww I like this photo!!!!

Posted Image

Unregistered

italianyc84
Jan 3 2012, 02:47 AM
girls!
Posted Image
LOL at the fremenies being separated in this pic.

So wait, what's this about a cult?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 3 2012, 03:21 AM
italianyc84
girls!
Posted Image

I am not familiar with the frenemie situation. Fill me in?
Quote Post Goto Top

-Guest-
Unregistered

Do a Google search on Oric Bovar.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 3 2012, 03:44 AM
italianyc84
girls!
Posted Image

I am not familiar with the frenemie situation. Fill me in?
From Datalounge:

"Bernadette rushes toward whoever clearly hates her. Well, not rushes, more like wanders over to as if she's some blind fucking orphan, but she very much loves people who treat her like crap. Like long time buddy and pal Stephen Sondheim! And Joel Grey! And every other shit head on Broadway! Very chilly/condescending to anyone who treats her warmly.

Speaking of Joel Grey-- He adores BP and Donna Sally Cato Murphy, totes the two around like they're his fucking chihuahuas, and yet the two just stop short of refusing to talk to each other, I can guess in Peters case probably because Murphy is extremely affectionate, but I don't know much about it besides bitchy shenanigans with BP obviviously intentionally setting Murphy into a neurotic frenzy a while ago at the 2004 or 2005 Broadway Barks, Murphy clearly can't handle dogs, BP I guess kept setting this one loose that was jumping up at her and pawing her dress down, one of those elastic-y empire waist things, and Murphy is generally unaware that bras exist."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Totally bored and searching through google groups (which has the usenet archives on it). Came across this post from 1997 which made me :rofl:

"I heard from a friend that Bernadette Peters is a lesbian (and also into
leather, although I guess that's another issue entirely) -- has anyone
heard anything to its favour or contrary? "
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 3 2012, 04:50 AM
Totally bored and searching through google groups (which has the usenet archives on it). Came across this post from 1997 which made me :rofl:

"I heard from a friend that Bernadette Peters is a lesbian (<b>and also into
leather</b>, although I guess that's another issue entirely) -- has anyone
:lol: Taken into consideration with the alleged biting business, it makes sense.

I wonder if she ever runs into Joan Jett at (mythic) celebrity BDSM parties? :hmmm: :lol:

Would Ms. Peters brutalize me and make me taste her boots if I called her "Bernie" since it's said that she doesn't like that nickname?

"Yes, I shall gratefully lick your soles, Ms. Peters... Oh, please do go all Carrie's Mom on my ass! *whiplash* Eve was weak! *whiplash* EVE WAS WEAK!!" :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ugh you guys I am so disgusted by how much time I just spent on tumblr going through BP/Donna Murphy tags. So many pictures.

And uno-- Donna Murphy was definitely kind of butch throughout the 80s and then into the early 90s up until King and I
Posted Image
Posted Image

And then dos-- Have absolutely no problem believing all the anorexia/bulimia rumors after comparing those photos to ones taken in her forties, like how can you look like that ^ in your thirties and then naturally be at this weight in your forties
Posted Image

Just no. Pointing out that BP is all obsessed with healthy eating and maybe she simply doesn't want to be around people who are obviously super unhealthy and might lead her to making bad decisions.

Idk man, she's a lot more attractive now that she's gained weight. Don't really have trouble believing she could get idiot twenty year olds if she wanted idiot twenty year olds.
Posted Image

And then tres, lol at how uncomfortable BP looks in this picture. And lol at how hard it is to find pictures of them together.
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Also lol at Stephen Sondheim being clearly drunk here and her being adorable
Posted Image
Also slkdjfdlskfjklf she is attractive
Posted Image

OK I'M DONE.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jan 3 2012, 05:37 AM
Jan 3 2012, 04:50 AM

"I heard from a friend that Bernadette Peters is a lesbian (<b>and also into
leather</b>, although I guess that's another issue entirely) -- has anyone
:lol: Taken into consideration with the alleged biting business, it makes sense.

I wonder if she ever runs into Joan Jett at (mythic) celebrity BDSM parties? :hmmm: :lol:

Would Ms. Peters brutalize me and make me taste her boots if I called her "Bernie" since it's said that she doesn't like that nickname?

"Yes, I shall gratefully lick your soles, Ms. Peters... Oh, please do go all Carrie's Mom on my ass! *whiplash* Eve was weak! *whiplash* EVE WAS WEAK!!" :lol:
Oh fuck I love this thread.
Quote Post Goto Top

EP7879

This is one of those extremely rare things that I don't even care if it's true or not, it's hot as hell and that makes me happy.

But...it's just TOO RANDOM not to be at least partly true.

Hey, BP, call me. I'm 5'3'', 142lbs, 36D, sicilian girl with dark hair and dark eyes, and you can spank, bite, WHATEVA!!

I, too, delved into the usenet archives; there's a rumor about BP and Carol Burnett that I really...really didn't need to visualize. I much prefer the rumors in my mind that involve BP and me!!

Unregistered

Vote on the image you think Bernadette is the hottest in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Others?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

And uno-- Donna Murphy was definitely kind of butch throughout the 80s and then into the early 90s up until King and I

LOL, I think she was hot during this time period and I'm not usually into that soft butch look, but it worked for her. Not so hot during her eating disorder phase.

Quote:

Just no. Pointing out that BP is all obsessed with healthy eating and maybe she simply doesn't want to be around people who are obviously super unhealthy and might lead her to making bad decisions.

Maybe this. However, I think that DM projects as very manic and anxiety-driven, and perhaps that's also a part of why BP doesn't want to be around her. I get kind of freaked out just listening to DM talk in YT clips sometimes, so I imagine it's 10x amplified in person.

Also, I realize I should have posted the latter half of the datalounge gossip that concerned DM. Here it is:

"General rule with Murphy's friendships is that besides Marin Mazzie, who serves as mother (and is also very sweet, spends most of her time with Jason and Murphy and whoever Murphy's flavor of the year is, very reliable woman, I haven't heard of her fighting with anyone), she only gets along with people who are clearly fucked up-- best friendzies with SuFo, Tonya Pinkins, some off-Broadway gals. There's a reason journalists love fucking with her."

Yeaaaah, she doesn't sound like the most stable of people.

Quote:

I, too, delved into the usenet archives; there's a rumor about BP and Carol Burnett that I really...really didn't need to visualize. I much prefer the rumors in my mind that involve BP and me!!

Hahaha, I read that rumor too! And also, something about a possible hookup with Carol Kane. Another image I don't need burned into my brain. However, I did meet CK once at a function and she was a total sweetheart.

As for hottest BP pic, this isn't it, but I think it's fucking adorable:

Posted Image

Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply