Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Tierra De Lobos; Isabel & Cristina
Topic Started: Dec 13 2011, 11:10 AM (1,975,674 Views)
madison17

May I remind my fellow North Americans that this storyline is not over yet and we do not know if these characters have a happy ending...I guess you all forgot the Pepa/Silvia storyline from Spain huh? There are those whining and complaining about how no US lesbian characters were like this couple and then there was a whole lot of silence once we found out how our beloved Silvia was violently killed off. I respect it if you are not interested in watching any US representation of lesbian characters. Cool. However, there is NO need to bash anybody's country or glorify Europe versus North America. I understand that you are in the heat of the moment when this particular storyline is rocking your world. I felt that way with Bettina and I feel that the LWord was a breakthrough show with beautiful love scenes between Bette & Tina that were just as good as Crisabel's are today. Yes, Crisabel is an epic love story and 4th on my all time list of favorites, however, I'm not going to be ungrateful to those that have tried to represent gay North Americans, couples like: Juliana (Mexico),Otalia, Spashley, Xena/Gabrielle, Minx, Lianca, Giani etc. They are each special in their own way and I'm not going to denigrate their value. Brava to Spain as up to this point, Isabel and Cristina's love story has been excellent. I'm still going to be cautious and hope for a positive ending.
Edited by madison17, Dec 16 2011, 03:11 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

babypenguin
Adorable
Dec 16 2011, 02:59 AM
Dec 16 2011, 02:15 AM
Dec 16 2011, 01:30 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepwatch the entire storyline again
Probably it also has to do with posters not being able to identify. Isabel is a lesbian, period no but and ifs. Lots of posters aren't that secure. Stories (tv couples) with lots of angst, doubts, back and forth or repressed seem to make more sense to some.(They seem to get the most votes over at AE) But on Tierra, Isabel saw and went for it. Cristina had her own motives and was more than willing to indulge her. No time for romance, having to sneak out and visit your lover at the brothel might have something to do with it. :P
Or maybe some people like time inbetween havings sex and saying I love you. There really are some rude people on here, just because some people aren't in love with how Crisabel began, it doesn't mean they aren't as big as fans or that they don't understand. Stop patronising people with differing opinions. I am getting sick of being told I don't understand the storyline, I'm not fucking two so of course I understand it :eyeroll: I would just have liked a bit more time, is that okay with you? and the other Crisabel nazi's on here?

The Crisabel nazi's on here are making this thread very uncomfortable in the last few hours. Quit patronising and attacking people who have different opinions. Unless you think their storyline is 100% Perfect you're made to feel like a moron or unwanted in here. Grow up.
Actually, you seem to be taking every opinion that isn't yours or alternate interpretation of the storyline as a personal affront. The thing is, you disagree with the person you quoted -- so why don't you say why? Why not say how you interpret it. Instead you get defensive and accuse people of being big ol' meanies. You are utterly incapable of having an analytical discussion about something where people have different viewpoints and are willing to see things differently. No one had any problems until you started accusing people, like me and this other person, of being mean. Honestly, you're an idiot. Just stop posting.

Anyway, Crisabel didn't get subtitled until Saturday or Sunday last time, so I'm not even going to worry about it. I am subscribed and get email when the videos are up, so I'll just wait it out. After this episode, the show is off for many months, so what's the rush?
Offline Profile Goto Top

babypenguin
Adorable
madison17
Dec 16 2011, 03:10 AM
May I remind my fellow North Americans that this storyline is not over yet and we do not know if these characters have a happy ending...I guess you all forgot the Pepa/Silvia storyline from Spain huh? There are those whining and complaining about how no US lesbian characters were like this couple and then there was a whole lot of silence once we found out how our beloved Silvia was violently killed off. I respect it if you are not interested in watching any US representation of lesbian characters. Cool. However, there is NO need to bash anybody's country or glorify Europe versus North America. I understand that you are in the heat of the moment when this particular storyline is rocking your world. I felt that way with Bettina and I feel that the LWord was a breakthrough show with beautiful love scenes between Bette & Tina that were just as good as Crisabel's are today. Yes, Crisabel is an epic love story and 4th on my all time list of favorites, however, I'm not going to be ungrateful to those that have tried to represent gay North Americans, couples like: Juliana (Mexico),Otalia, Spashley, Xena/Gabrielle, Minx, Lianca, Giani etc. They are each special in their own way and I'm not going to denigrate their value. Brava to Spain as up to this point, Isabel and Cristina's love story has been excellent. I'm still going to be cautious and hope for a positive ending.
I think it will probably end badly. How can it not? There's literally no way both of them can remain on the show together. The options are, they live happily ever after in a hut in the forest somewhere where we don't see them because they aren't part of the Land of Wolves canvas, or they are separated somehow and we see them because they are interacted in Land of Wolves. Like I said, I initially thought they would break up soon after that scene where Cristina gets nekkid and lets Isabel touch her. Because, like I also said, I think this story is really about Isabel's journey. So, I am prepared for something bad to happen between them. And gosh, how many more times can these two escape death? Like, srsly. As long as they treat Isabel with respect and keep her gay (which given their writing so far, I have total faith) I am ready for whatever happens. I do like Cristina, but it's Isabel who I'm invested in. I've been cautious to say that up to this point, this is one of the best lesbian love stories I've ever seen. But that can change. However, whatever happens, it would be nice if whenever the series ends, they get a happy ending.

American lesbian stories are total shit. I just want to make that clear. I'm pretty ungrateful. The only show I am grateful to is All My Children, for having Bianca come out at 16 and Minx, but most of the stuff in between those two points was relatively awful.
Edited by babypenguin, Dec 16 2011, 03:52 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

madison17
damn, girl. You said it! I have no disrespect for North American homosexual couples on tv, I just wish that there were more of them and some of them (ahem, Brittana) got as much respect from the writers of the show as they do from the fans that ship them. I love Spashley, Calzona, Kabin (very short lived Desperate Housewives couple), and I was a huge JoBette fan (let's not start a war, I just didn't like Tina), Brittana (although I'm wasting my energy), as well as others. I have total respect for North American homosexual couples, but I feel like unless the couples are on HBO/Showtime/Starz/Cinemax then they are very reserved and held back. I've not yet seen a lesbian couple in anything that I've watched that portrays a relationship like Crisabel. We get years worth of seasons in American shows and get less than Crisabel has gotten in 10 episodes. I don't know if that says something about American television culture and it's priorities in representing a love story or Spain's for that matter, all I know is that I far prefer them to any lesbian couple that I've shipped/supported. However, I far prefer Spashley's friendship to love story than one like Amar en Tiempos Revueltos where Ana and Teresa kissed each other not far into their story as friends, they got closer as friends, married men, stayed close but always had very strong sexual tension. They had this great journey, thinking that they could have a life with each other and still be completely satisfied not being with each other. Then one day they gave into and they took all these huge steps to be together only for them to be sent out of Madrid, where the story took place, and off the show so we get to miss all the great stuff with them being together. That has to be one of the most disappointing lesbian story line's just because you end up getting so emotionally invested and something finally happens only for them to be suddenly dismissed.

Having only seen two shows featuring Spanish lesbian couples (TDL and AeTR) it's hard for me not to prefer American lesbian couples/story lines/shows/what have you. BUT, out of all that I have seen Crisabel is my favorite. So I guess I have a mutual respect.
Goto Top

Unregistered

babypenguin
Dec 16 2011, 03:45 AM
Dec 16 2011, 02:15 AM

Or maybe some people like time inbetween havings sex and saying I love you. There really are some rude people on here, just because some people aren't in love with how Crisabel began, it doesn't mean they aren't as big as fans or that they don't understand. Stop patronising people with differing opinions. I am getting sick of being told I don't understand the storyline, I'm not fucking two so of course I understand it :eyeroll: I would just have liked a bit more time, is that okay with you? and the other Crisabel nazi's on here?

The Crisabel nazi's on here are making this thread very uncomfortable in the last few hours. Quit patronising and attacking people who have different opinions. Unless you think their storyline is 100% Perfect you're made to feel like a moron or unwanted in here. Grow up.
Actually, you seem to be taking every opinion that isn't yours or alternate interpretation of the storyline as a personal affront. The thing is, you disagree with the person you quoted -- so why don't you say why? Why not say how you interpret it. Instead you get defensive and accuse people of being big ol' meanies. You are utterly incapable of having an analytical discussion about something where people have different viewpoints and are willing to see things differently. No one had any problems until you started accusing people, like me and this other person, of being mean. Honestly, you're an idiot. Just stop posting.

Anyway, Crisabel didn't get subtitled until Saturday or Sunday last time, so I'm not even going to worry about it. I am subscribed and get email when the videos are up, so I'll just wait it out. After this episode, the show is off for many months, so what's the rush?
Don't worry, resorting to name-calling, insults and being all defensive everyone can see who's the real bully or perpetual child more like.

If you like multi layered lesbian characters check out Amparo on La Republica http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtizhTUv40 Its also set in Spain, but during the Franco years. S1 is done and S2 starts in January apparently. Nice tie-over until Tierra starts up again.

Goto Top

Unregistered

babypenguin
Dec 16 2011, 03:50 AM
madison17
I think it will probably end badly. How can it not? There's literally no way both of them can remain on the show together. The options are, they live happily ever after in a hut in the forest somewhere where we don't see them because they aren't part of the Land of Wolves canvas, or they are separated somehow and we see them because they are interacted in Land of Wolves. Like I said, I initially thought they would break up soon after that scene where Cristina gets nekkid and lets Isabel touch her. Because, like I also said, I think this story is really about Isabel's journey. So, I am prepared for something bad to happen between them. And gosh, how many more times can these two escape death? Like, srsly. As long as they treat Isabel with respect and keep her gay (which given their writing so far, I have total faith) I am ready for whatever happens. I do like Cristina, but it's Isabel who I'm invested in. I've been cautious to say that up to this point, this is one of the best lesbian love stories I've ever seen. But that can change. However, whatever happens, it would be nice if whenever the series ends, they get a happy ending.

American lesbian stories are total shit. I just want to make that clear. I'm pretty ungrateful. The only show I am grateful to is All My Children, for having Bianca come out at 16 and Minx, but most of the stuff in between those two points was relatively awful.
I have been on this thread since before you even joined the site, since the first week it opened. This is the first time I have had a problem with another poster. So don't try and turn things around to other people. It's you who have basically jumped on at least two posters because they don't see the storyline like you do. You just wouldn't let the subject drop and just kept picking at other peoples posts and opinions. You patronised us by saying how we haven't watched S1, which I have. Haven't watched all the episodes, which I have. Don't understand the storyline, which I do. You and another poster have been obnoxious to us on here since last night. I posted before you were on here and I will continue to post.

Just move on. Geez :eyeroll:
Goto Top

marmalade
Member Avatar

I think the weekly dose of "I need Crisabel right now!" has sent everyone off in a frenzy. Everyone has a right to their own opinion here but I'd much prefer people spread the gay instead of the hate. I logged on here to view 3 new pages of Crisabel, not people bickering.
Posted Image

Why can't we all get along :giveup: ? Afterall, we're here for one thing and its Crisabel :grouphug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 04:37 AM
babypenguin

Don't worry, resorting to name-calling, insults and being all defensive everyone can see who's the real bully or perpetual child more like.

If you like multi layered lesbian characters check out Amparo on La Republica http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtizhTUv40 Its also set in Spain, but during the Franco years. S1 is done and S2 starts in January apparently. Nice tie-over until Tierra starts up again.

Yes we can and it's a registered user not guests. Some people think they own this thread.
Goto Top

babypenguin
Adorable
Dec 16 2011, 05:02 AM
babypenguin
Dec 16 2011, 03:50 AM
madison17

I have been on this thread since before you even joined the site, since the first week it opened. This is the first time I have had a problem with another poster. So don't try and turn things around to other people. It's you who have basically jumped on at least two posters because they don't see the storyline like you do. You just wouldn't let the subject drop and just kept picking at other peoples posts and opinions. You patronised us by saying how we haven't watched S1, which I have. Haven't watched all the episodes, which I have. Don't understand the storyline, which I do. You and another poster have been obnoxious to us on here since last night. I posted before you were on here and I will continue to post.

Just move on. Geez :eyeroll:
I think you quoted the wrong post. Otherwise, my predictions for season three have really gotten under your skin. Yikes! But sorry you don't like me. Them's the breaks. Back to discussing Tierra de Lobos.
Edited by babypenguin, Dec 16 2011, 05:14 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Any spanish posters know what people are saying on the telecino site? have they gotten any word of them?

But then Telecino are terrible for answering viewer questions :'(
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 01:04 AM
Dec 16 2011, 12:54 AM
Posted Image :faint: :faint:
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Isabel's sisters need to be lesbian :drool: :bed: Period.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Who does everyone fancy more, Isabel or Cristina?

I'd go with Cristina. I know Isabel seems to be more popular in here, but Cristina just rocks my world :love: Other than the prostitute bit :rofl:

Isabel I find more attractive for her fiestiness than her looks.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Crisabel are only 9% behind Brittana on the AE poll :dance: it should be 9% ahead. But with the Gleetards voting on mass it is amazing that Crisabel are 2nd and not far behind. Surprised Jemma aren't doing better, looks like their fans have defected to other fandoms. This one probably :whistle:
Goto Top

babypenguin
Adorable
Dec 16 2011, 05:36 AM

I'd go with Cristina. I know Isabel seems to be more popular in here, but Cristina just rocks my world :love: Other than the prostitute bit :rofl:

Well Isabel is easier to understand and identify with. She's a lesbian, a hot women got naked in front of her and she went for it, she's fiercely loyal to her family, she's gone through a lot with her asshole father... We don't know very much about Cristina. And she does seem kind of slutty. Hah. I do happen to think Isabel is hotter. But if Almudena had a self-realization...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

I NEED to know what happened!!! The promo had someone holding a gun to Cristina's head :'( I need to know what happened dammit!
Goto Top

Unregistered

Cristina. :love:
Goto Top

Unregistered

X2

Something about Cristiana makes her seem more...I dunno..vulnerable maybe.. There something to her "confident/seductress" facade that I just like.

I do like Isabel, too, though. Both are very beautiful. :wub:
Goto Top

Unregistered

I'd be a bit scared of Isabel. You piss her off and she'll whip you, slap you and shot you. Imagine her PMSing :blinkwide:
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 05:52 AM

X2

Something about Cristiana makes her seem more...I dunno..vulnerable maybe.. There something to her "confident/seductress" facade that I just like.

It's because she seems to expect to be treated like shit and she puts on emotional armour. So when you see her being all vulnerable around Isabel you just melt. When she cried after Isabel called her a whore and walked away, when she put her head against Isabel's in the market when she heard Isa still thinks about her, when she flinched like she was expecting a second slap after Isabel hit her in the woods, when she was almost giddy when she told the sisters about her loving Isabel, when she said 'i've come for you' at the convent, and when she washed Isabel's wounds so tenderly. Those were the times when you really saw that Cristina is so vulnerable and sweet. She just needed someone to see she was more than a whore, that she was worth loving. And she's become even more beautiful.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 05:16 AM
Dec 16 2011, 01:04 AM
Dec 16 2011, 12:54 AM
Posted Image :faint: :faint:
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Isabel's sisters need to be lesbian :drool: :bed: Period.
Thank you for posting hot pictures instead of arguing about story lines. Damn peeps.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 06:02 AM

X2

Something about Cristina makes her seem more...I dunno..vulnerable maybe.. There's something to her "confident/seductress" facade that I just like.

It's because she seems to expect to be treated like shit and she puts on emotional armour. So when you see her being all vulnerable around Isabel you just melt. When she cried after Isabel called her a whore and walked away, when she put her head against Isabel's in the market when she heard Isa still thinks about her, when she flinched like she was expecting a second slap after Isabel hit her in the woods, when she was almost giddy when she told the sisters about her loving Isabel, when she said 'i've come for you' at the convent, and when she washed Isabel's wounds so tenderly. Those were the times when you really saw that Cristina is so vulnerable and sweet. She just needed someone to see she was more than a whore, that she was worth loving. And she's become even more beautiful.
^ LOVE!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you!
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 13 2011, 07:46 PM
Dec 13 2011, 06:18 PM
I can't believe Brittana are winning! I really don't like them, they have no chemistry and their storyline is really awful.. I don't understand what everyone sees in them :S
But, Crisabel are doing well considering they're "new".
This. And the non-couple rizzoli and isles has 11% of the votes. I can’t make any sense of this. But at least britanna’s advantage seems to be diminishing.

well brittana is the new naomily
Goto Top

Anthrax
Unregistered

X2

LMFAO!!! Ahahaha...this!! So much! I kinda agree with this. But I still love Isabel.

If I had to pick, it would be Cristina.
Goto Top

Anthrax
Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 05:53 AM
I'd be a bit scared of Isabel. You piss her off and she'll whip you, slap you and shot you. Imagine her PMSing :blinkwide:
OMG! I meant to quote this reply not the other one. lol. Man, I am horrible with this website.
Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 06:20 AM
I can't believe Brittana are winning! I really don't like them, they have no chemistry and their storyline is really awful.. I don't understand what everyone sees in them :S
This. And the non-couple rizzoli and isles has 11% of the votes. I can’t make any sense of this. But at least britanna’s advantage seems to be diminishing.

because shows like Glee, PLL, Lost Girl and even Rizzoli have huge support on AE. They have weekly recaps compared to Crisabel who have none. Popularity wise you can't beat Brittana no matter how crappy their s/l is but to see Crisabel up there at number speaks volumes about what a lot of people like about them and the show itself.
Goto Top

Unregistered

X2

That sounds like great fanfiction ... oh wait it actually happened ...on tv ..viva España viva Crisabel.. :D
Goto Top

marmalade
Member Avatar

I agree with all that is quoted above^!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

X2

Posted Image
Goto Top

babypenguin
Adorable
Dec 16 2011, 04:37 AM
babypenguin

Even though I think you were clearly insulting me, I want to ask what is La Republica like? Is there a couple or just a lesbian or what? What's the context or storyline? Brief summary, por favor? :) I kind of think I need more Spanish shows about lesbians to fill the void until TDL returns in 2012... :'(

Also, post directly above me made me LOL.
Edited by babypenguin, Dec 16 2011, 07:26 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 07:00 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
That sounds like great fanfiction ... oh wait it actually happened ...on tv ..viva España viva Crisabel.. :D

because the writers of TDL unleashed their imagination on the show not on FF. :D
Goto Top

shalex_the-bee-charmer
Unregistered

X2

WORD.

Posted Image
Goto Top

crishtiane

Posted Image
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/0fc3c
Edited by crishtiane, Dec 16 2011, 08:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 05:51 AM

Cristina. :love:
Cristinaaaaaaaaaaa
Berta Hernandez, please, enough is enough. Stop getting more gorgeous and dreamlike already. Just give it a break! You should have stopped somewhere along the way between the silk lustrous hair and the dazzling light green eyes. Now, with the candid yet shy smiling and the marble like complexion, you’re just being silly.

Goto Top

Unregistered

Dec 16 2011, 06:26 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
because shows like Glee, PLL, Lost Girl and even Rizzoli have huge support on AE. They have weekly recaps compared to Crisabel who have none. Popularity wise you can't beat Brittana no matter how crappy their s/l is but to see Crisabel up there at number speaks volumes about what a lot of people like about them and the show itself.
You are absolutely right. Besides Glee, Lost Girl etc. are in english and Glee e.g. is emited in many country. I like Glee but the Brittana's plot :projectilevom: , there even is such a plot? I know that they are (supposedly) togheter but I woudn't notice that if Fine didn't say that. Lost Girl - Bo & Lauren are beautiful together - but I don't know if they are in love or not - well and now when Lauren's girflend wake up - well we will see.
And about Crisabel - in each episode there aren't many scenes with them maybe now 10 min in one episode, but those minutes are the most exciting.

Maybe in season 3 there will appear a now hot lesbian gunslinger.

PS in my oppinion Crisabel is hot, but Almudena is the most beautiful girl in this show. :love:
Goto Top

Unregistered

Brittana and Gleetards wish they were Naomily :rofl: It literally makes me LMAO when people compare those two couples, they are nothing alike, other than being teens. Naomily were well written, acted and were allowed to touch. Brittana are a pathetic excuse for a bone thrown at tweens who forced the issue with all their whining on twitter. There's a massive difference between an organic couple and a fan service couple who the writers don't even want. In terms of popularity, Naomily were a bigger deal as well. They would have been way ahead of what Brittana are, infact they whipped their asses in a poll this time last year :gaypimp:

Couples like Naomily, Crisabel etc are all the more authentic feeling because the writers want them, are invested in them. The reason Crisabel is catching up with Brittana is because people want real, physical lesbian couples and not sexless ones. Gleetards can't stop that even if they do get the message across tumblr to vote which is the only reason they are winning above couples who actually kiss :facepalm: Brittana fans fix polls not because they believe they should win (which is what Naomily fans did) but because they think Glee should have some god given right to win everything, regardless how disappointed they are in Brittana, and they are, just look on tumblr. They're voting for the sake of it in the poll.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic