Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Season Talk
Topic Started: Nov 24 2009, 05:48 PM (979 Views)
lonewolfe2015
Member Avatar

Quote:

Detroit vs. Philadelphia
DET 4-3
Detroit's starpower comes through at the right times throughout the series, and Philly's depth and defense keep them in the series to the last moment.

Players to Watch: Teemu Selanne, Shea Weber

Star power versus Star power:

Parise - Savard - Carter > Hossa - Staz - Duke
Vanek - Laich - Backes < Semin - Backstrom - Selanne
Versteeg - Brassard - Langenbrunner > Kunitz - McDonald - Holmstrom
Galiardi - Boyle - Frolik > Perron - Fleischmann - Afinogenov

JBow - Weber = Lidstrom - Rafalaski
Souray - Burns > Kaberle - McCabe
Bogosian - Hamhuis > Meszaros - Ericsson

Thomas = Lundqvist

I also beat him 4-0 in the one game we had our playoff rosters established.

I predict a 4-2 series win for me with Galiardi being the guy to watch quite possibly make the big difference this series (stepping up beyond expectations)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kragok
Member Avatar
Administrator
lonewolfe2015
May 11 2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:

JBow - Weber = Lidstrom - Rafalaski
Thomas = Lundqvist

I really gotta disagree on those two points. and maybe the 3rd line as well. I though about putting Galiardi as my player to watch, but I figured that he won't be getting alot of minutes and Weber is going to need to do a serious shutdown job on detroits top 6 as well as put up numbers.

lonewolfe2015
Member Avatar

Lidstrom had 18 points, Rafalski one, JBow and Weber combined for 30, 16 and 14 respectively.

JBow's speed, Weber's shot, both can play defense. I consider Calgary an outlier on JBow's career and in this series he hasn't been downgraded from Calgary's season in the sims.

With that in mind, his dcore had 7 goals in total, mine had 14.

Galiardi had 2 goals against him last game which I think is a big factor, next season he will likely have third line time if I can pull a decent trade for a 2nd liner, and if the first game goes odd he is first to get promoted.

As for Thomas/Lundq, Thomas has been pretty good for me, if anything there is a very slight edge for RW40, but in these sims the goaltending factor is much smaller, you average 2-3 goals a game no matter what you do, .900 is the best goalies tend to get in this stuff.

Zeta40
Member Avatar

like your pridictions Krag Here are mine

Colorado vs. Montreal
COL 4-2

Detroit vs. Philadelphia
DET 2-4

Chicago vs. Las Vegas
LVS 4-3

Washington vs. Pittsburgh
WAS 4-3

Both Chicago vs. Las Vegas Washington vs. Pittsburgh Would be really entertaining

Andru
Member Avatar
Winnipeg Jets GM
Zeta40
May 12 2010, 09:58 AM
like your pridictions Krag Here are mine

Colorado vs. Montreal
COL 4-2

Detroit vs. Philadelphia
DET 2-4

Chicago vs. Las Vegas
CHI 4-0

Washington vs. Pittsburgh
WAS 4-3

Both Chicago vs. Las Vegas Washington vs. Pittsburgh Would be really entertaining

lonewolfe2015
Member Avatar

Nobody is giving me credit... I can't wait to face Colorado in the second round :P

redwings40
Member Avatar

Here are my predictions:

Colorado defeats Montreal in 6 games

Washington defeats Pittsburgh in 7 games

Chicago defeats Las Vegas in 5 games

Detroit defeats Philadelphia in 7 games

mutman
Member Avatar
Nashville Predators GM
A little late but here are my predictions:

Colorado over Montreal in 6 games:
It'll be a close series, as every regular season game between us went to OT. I'm not expecting to see any games decided by more than 2 goals.

Pittsburgh defeats Washington in 7 games:
One of two series I think could be decided by the "we've got your number factor". PIT was 3-1 during the regular season vs the Caps. To me, this series really comes down to a battle of 2nd lines. Washington has the edge, but that line has been MIA so far in the series. If the Pens 2nd can do what it did in game one, they should be able to take this in less than 7. That said, it's hard to look past the Caps depth up front.

Chicago defeats Las Vegas in 6 games
This series looks like the one where home ice will be big. Though down 2-0, I think if LAS goes out and wins game 3, they'll tie it up. As with most series, the team that can go out and win the first road game will be at an advantage, and that will likely decide this series. The Vipers have gotten key contributions at times from their bottom 6, but Chicago is a team that can beat you 6-5 or 1-0. Chicago will be first road team to win and will take series.

Philadelphia defeats Detroit in 7 games:
This was a simple DET in 6 prediction for me until I saw PHI was 3-1 in regular season, and they had that quick turn around in game 1 to steal it. Thomas and Lundqvist are similar goalies in that they've been spectacular at times and horrible at others. The issue where PHI can really falter is forward offensive production. A couple of stretches during the season, they were either a 1 or 2 line team. If that problem happens here, then DET will benefit from their late season acquisitions. I'm not fully sold on PHI taking this series, but I think they will definitely be a sticking around. Possibly long enough to steal another one in game 7.

Kragok
Member Avatar
Administrator
lotsa 2-1 series so far. CHI being up 3-0 on LVS surprises me though , I felt sure that series would go to 7 games.

Zeta40
Member Avatar

Don't count my team out yet

Kragok
Member Avatar
Administrator
Dallas and Buffalo are our best two teams. Who'da thunk it? Dallas is an expansion team from the end of last year and Buffalo was dead last.

JS19
Member Avatar

Kragok
Oct 14 2010, 03:05 PM
Dallas and Buffalo are our best two teams. Who'da thunk it? Dallas is an expansion team from the end of last year and Buffalo was dead last.
Told ya that Buffalo is going to be a force, had them pegged to win the Division

Kragok
Member Avatar
Administrator
I didn't doubt, but I wasn't expecting that strong of a start. Fleury isn't that solid, but thats the only real weakness if you can call it one.

Zeta40
Member Avatar

Kragok
Oct 14 2010, 03:05 PM
Its kinda like what's going on in real life now with the oilers and leafs

JS19
Member Avatar

Who's the biggest surprises here? (busts and surprises)

Kragok
Member Avatar
Administrator
R.J. Umberger is the biggest surprise to me. He dominated in his first few games. He's not on the 1st line anymore so his numbers are falling off, but he's still doing ok. M. Kiprusoff is the biggest bust in my mind. He should take the larger part of the blame for Hartfords horrible start, although Crosby and the Sedins didn't exactly start strong either. An honorable mention in the bust dept. would be H. Zetterberg. I haven't updated stats for a few games but Zetterberg hasn't scored in LVV's games recently anyway, and he only has two points so far I think. Not what I expected from last years season mvp.

Zeta40
Member Avatar

Yeah I know it pisses me off he needs to do good for my team to do good or I'll trade him

Kragok
Member Avatar
Administrator
JS I have a game coming up for your team. should have results up in about an hour.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KHL 1.0 Season Sims · Next Topic »
Add Reply