Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Realm

Kormada is an equine roleplay taking place on a planet far from Earth. Traverse vast ice deserts, swim in underground lakes, and navigate endless forests of silver-barked trees. There are no humans here, but an array of other strange creatures--both friends and enemies--await you at every turn. Kormada was created in August of 2006 and has transformed into an enormous, adventure-ridden game for both beginner and advanced role players alike. We invite you to join us and see just why we've lasted so long!

Season: Summer. Breeding: Banned. Seasons change on the 24th of every month.
Welcome wanderer! You seem to have stumbled across Kormada, a wild horse roleplay approaching its eight year anniversary on the net. We are a very friendly and very active community of players of all ages and experience levels. So take a look around, join us, and experience the chaos of life on a planet cheating death with every day of continued existence.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join Kormada and enter the realm!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Oh brother where art thou?; Open
Topic Started: Nov 22 2011, 08:34 PM (173 Views)
Squirrel
Member Avatar
We have nothing to fear but human stupidity and the squirrels.
Her nearly year old filly trots along her side as she finds herself in her brother's land. It had seemed so long since she had seen her elder brother. She was so excited. It was no secret that the grulla mare loved her big brother. She had grown bored more or less alone in Wide Strait. Breaker seemed ot be hardly around and his beta and his mare who knows. Oh well she was here now. Looking back at her beautiful daughter she smiles proudly. She wanted her to know her uncle and where he lived. That way if anything ever happened to her..she would have a safe place to go. Her uncle would never turn her away.

Abigail stands next to her mother. "Are we there yet mother?" She asks impatiently. Zelda nudges her palomino daughter. And gives her an annoyed but amused look. "Yes, Abigail we are finally here." Her brother's land was so very far from the one they currently resided in. It had been the land her father had owned for a time too. Oh how she missed her father. She remembered her and Caradoc finding him wounded in the Gathering. She had been ailing as well. It had been such a happy moment. She almost hated her mother for going with a different stallion. But that was all in the past. Zelda now had her own daughter to look after. And she was proud to show her off to her brother. She knew her brother had several children...the luck of being a stallion. She would like to meet her nieces and nephews. Oh how fun this would be. She giggles to herself and keeps walking towards the center of the territory. Her elegant half-arabian steps are mirrored by her growing filly. They stopped in a nice grassy spot. It was very much cooler here than her current home. She was sort of growing bored of her current home. Breaker was a nice stallion but the mare wanted more. She wanted a little bit of adventure. But she couldn't just leave him. He was the father of her daughter after all. Sighing she pauses and watches as her daughter sniffs around and explores the area. Shrugging she decides to nibble at the scant grass while waiting for her brother. Hoping he'll be as happy to see her as she is to see him.
[ OFFLINE ] [ PROFILE ] [ QUOTE POST ] [ GO TO TOP ]

Goldiefish
No Avatar

Things had been quiet here since his return, which he would ordinarily consider a good omen for the peace his family deserved. However, Caradoc was still unsure if he and Blaine (or even just himself since the whole departure had been his idea and his eldest son had been caught up in it) were forgiven in the eyes of the horses they'd left behind. Especially Oskar, chosen now to be the one to take over Border Springs whenever he chose to claim that right. He'd been the one left to try and be guardian of his mother and young sister, and the bay stallion acknowledges that this had not been fair to the young colt at all. Words of apology and the gift of the land had been all Caradoc could think of to make things right, but he remains unsure if even this was enough, having seen little of the trio in recent days and having no clue on their feelings regarding the matter. The wind picks up just a little, and the stallion lifts his head to sample the breeze. His eyes widen as his brain registers a scent that harked all the way back to his own foalhood. Could it really be Zelda, his sickly little sister, now grown up strong and healthy? Eagerly, he sets off in that direction to find out. Finding her location, Caradoc sees that it is indeed her, but the filly next to her is a surprise! The bay calls out a loud, happy greeting, so glad to see his sister and meet her little girl, as his hooves continue to move him closer to them. He finally stops within easy speaking distance, smiling at the two visitors. "Hello, little sister, and even littler niece? Have you come in need of sanctuary, or is this only a visit? "

Squirrel
Member Avatar
Abigail is exploring the cold land her mother had insisted on dragging her to. Her fuzzy red tail swishes madly at the flies. How they lived in such a cold place was beyond her understanding. She snorts as a butterfly lands on her nose. She glances at her mother who is munching grass absentmindely. Abigail kicks a rock and watches it sail off into the woods. She freezes upon seeing the bay stallion approaching. She runs and stands next to her mother. Zelda lifts her head and smiles. Looking at her daughters she smiles even bigger. Returning her gaze to the stallion she nickers.

The stallion stops and speaks. Zelda nods to her brother. "Hello Caradoc. Its been awhile. This is my daughter Abigail." Abigail perks up upon the mention of her name. She stares at the stallion. This was her uncle that her mother spoke of often. Abigail steps forward. "Hello uncle. Its nice to finally meet you. My mother speaks of you often." .

Zelda almost blushes. She ponders her brother's question. She had the urge to leave her current home. Breaker was hardly ever around. She needed some place that was hopping. She needed friends. True Elora was nice. But the mare was quiet and brooding. She needed something more. She sighs and looks at her brother. "I am just visiting. For now anyways. Breaker is a good stallion." She glances at Abigail. "But its quiet there. Its mostly me and Abigail. Though I see the beta's mare once in a blue moon. Her daughter is a good companion for Abigail." She sighs again. Not wanting to unload her entire life on her brother. "So how are things with you?" She shifts her legs and looks at her brother to await a response.

Goldiefish
No Avatar

The idea of Zelda being a mother herself now leaves Caradoc worried for a moment, remembering how ill she had been as a foal, but the pair before him both seem to be healthy and well. His sister's claim that the stallion she lives with is of good temperament further helps to reassure him that her current situation wasn't something he needed to fret about. The bay moves closer to his niece, smiling a little at how formal she sounds, and extends his muzzle to take in her scent. "Hello to you as well, Abigail. " It is on the tip of his tongue to tell them they are welcome here anytime, until he recalls that, having stepped down from the leadership, it might be questionable to do, even though he doubts that Oskar would forbid family, what is his aunt and cousin, to come here. Probably better to let his son make that decision, though it was going to take some getting used to, this not being the lead stallion any more....but it had been the best thing to do for the family. He looks back to Zelda upon hearing her last sentence. "Not too badly.....I've been gone but recently returned, and I decided to let one of my sons take over as the lead stallion here. Morraine, the mare that is Oskar's mother, recently had our fourth-born foal, a little girl named Evelina (yes? lol can't remember!). She's probably nearby, in case Abigail needs someone to play with during visits. "

Przewalski
Member Avatar
Seller of Churros
Oskar had been patrolling the grounds making sure nothing was a miss or in case any predators lurked in the shadows of their icy lands that could potentially harm his mother or newest sister, Evelina. His pale mother was tired from the trek to and from the foaling quarry, worried that Caradoc might disappear again to leave her to raise another one of their children by herself. Luckily, now Oskar was of age to take over the land, which Caradoc had only been so kind to do, since Blaine had a habit of disappearing as well. Oskar had to admit he had not seen Blaine around much, wondering what his pesky dunlino sibling was up to. He had heard rumors that Blaine had a lady friend and possibly even a child, but he would believe it when he saw a small child by his brother's side.

The buttermilk buckskin's ears swiveled when the faint sounds of chatter reached his pale colored ears. His sire was in the area, but who was he talking to? Curiosity getting the best of the light framed draft hybrid he gently trotted with a nice airy trot toward where he was sure his sire's voice was coming from.

It was only a matter of minutes before Oskar's pale form breaks into the clearing, his dark eyes fall upon his bay father and a mare with a foal at her side. He barely remembers if he had met any of his father's former mares or their children, but why would they return now? It was clear his father had a wanderlust problem which developed when Gwen left. He just happen to take it out on his partially blind mother.

He slows his gait to a walk as he approaches the trio. His dark eyes watching them gently. He stops along side his father and with a polite bow to mare and child introduces himself.

"Mother is resting. It has been a long trip for her with Evelina from the quarry. Does mother know you are back father?"

His dark eyes rest upon the mare and with a gentle smile he greets her.

"Hello. My name is Oskar. I do not believe we have been introduced."
Edited by Przewalski, Dec 28 2011, 07:59 AM.

Squirrel
Member Avatar
Zelda smiled as she awaited her brother to speak. She looked around briefly at his cold land. It was a lot different than the land she had grown up in the first land their father had claimed. It reminded her of her current home with Breaker. She smiles when he talks to Abigail who is smiling at her uncle. He seems aboput to say something before he takes a step back. She watches as her daughter walks a few feet away. Lowering her little muzzle to sniff at something on the ground. She is definatly a curious filly.

Her dark ears surge forward when he begins to speak. She looks at him as he speaks. She chuckles lightly. When he finishes she chuckles again. "You've been busy bro. Sounds like you got some of that wandering spirit from our father." She looks over at her daughter who is now investigating a bird. Hoof falls are heard and she turns to look upon a stallion approaching them. He resembles her brother. He must be his son. Abigail comes trotting back to the group and eyes the new comer.

Her dark ears fall forward when he speaks first to his father and then to her. She smiles. "My name is Zelda and this is Abigail. Its nice to meet you Oskar. I came for a visit with my brother here." She nudges her brother on his shoulder. "We were quite close as foals....especially when our father kept wandering." She lets the last part fade a bit. Caradoc was definatly his father's son.

Goldiefish
No Avatar

As if Caradoc's thoughts had summoned him, Oskar makes an appearance now, coming to a halt next to his sire. The bay nods upon hearing the news that Morraine was resting, glad to hear that the Vanner had not developed any late-arising problems after the birth of their youngest. Evelina was a cute little filly, and he tried to spend time with her whenever he was able, perhaps as a result of the guilt his family seemed to want to keep afresh in his mind. He'd apologized to them, given the land over to Oskar, and had been a constant presence in the background of the land since his return. Was there even anything else he could do to have them stop reminding him of the mistake he'd made? Apparently not, since his son and even his sister remark on it now, and he hadn't gone anywhere since, leaving him confused by Oskar's question. "If I'd left and returned from somewhere, I'd have told her. ", he says quietly, keeping any hint of anger out of his voice as he did not want to have an argument in front of his young niece. Though the introductions have been pretty much done already, he decides to make it official and keep the conversation from being stuck on the topic of his absence. "Zelda, this is my son, Oskar......Oskar, this is your aunt, Zelda, and your cousin, Abigail. I'm not sure where they are living at, however. I'm not familiar with Breaker....." Caradoc trails off now, leaving it as a question for his sister to answer.

Przewalski
Member Avatar
Seller of Churros
Clearly Oskar allows the conversation to be dropped. He allows his sire to introduce him to his aunt and little cousin, who must have traveled a good deal to come to this more frozen tundra during most of the year. Not really a place to bring little ones that were not born accustom to this frozen land, but he gave them a polite nod of the head.

"It is nice to meet you both. However, you must excuse me. I need to return to overseeing our borders. You are welcome to stay as long as you like. I am not sure if he had told you that I am in charge of this land. But, I am sure we will see each other again."

With that, the pale Gypsy Hybrid gently turned away to continue off along to the border's edge to prowl for anything amiss.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Border Springs · Next Topic »