Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Realm

The Scourge are currently attacking the Scantland and all residents must flee! This forum is now in read-only mode.

An earthquake has struck part of the Loftland. Water is now draining from Kestrel's place of imprisonment!

The Scourge have devastated the Hinterland and Desoland. Residents are unable to return. This forum is in read-only mode.

Season: Sprint. Breeding: Allowed. Seasons change on the 24th of every month.
Welcome wanderer! You seem to have stumbled across Kormada, a wild horse roleplay approaching its eight year anniversary on the net. We are a very friendly and very active community of players of all ages and experience levels. So take a look around, join us, and experience the chaos of life on a planet cheating death with every day of continued existence.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join Kormada and enter the realm!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Another homecoming?; Morraine and Herd
Topic Started: May 6 2010, 11:16 AM (254 Views)
Goldiefish
No Avatar

The bay is in high spirits as he returns to his home, leading a second addition to his herd along behind him. By the shore of one of the bodies of water that give the land its name, he halts, turning around now to face the Gypsy Vanner. Being careful to keep himself visible to her good eye as a matter of courtesy as he does so. It had been a quiet trek from Homeless to here; for once he had been without much to say, as if he didn't want to disturb their peaceful silence with words. Now, however, he is under no such duress, and clears his throat before speaking, to get her attention in case her limited gaze is looking out across her new home instead of being focused upon him. He knows that he had perhaps been a bit rushed in his conversation with Morraine in the Homeless grounds, but he doesn't like to linger overlong there. The longer he stood around talking with a female, the more likely it was another stallion would notice, and decide to interpose himself in on the situation as well, desiring her for himself; and thus he prefers to have mare-persuasion over with as quickly as he can without seeming rude or forcing her.

Now Caradoc smiles at the draft maiden, hoping she likes her first impression of himself and the place he had brought her to, and that she will soon feel at home. There seemed a bit of a standoffishness about her, as if she wasn't quite committed to the idea of a settled herd life. Had she come of Rogue parentage? He knew she wasn't a Rogue herself, for when they wanted a place to stay, they just picked one out and moved on in, regardless if they had been invited or not. They didn't bother to make a trip to the Homeless. "Well, welcome to Border Springs, Morraine. Lyrinx and her foal Karas will probably be along in a little bit to meet you, though I don't know if Gwen will choose to do so also. She's a Rogue who is staying here for a while...she's carrying my foal as well, though I haven't seen her depart for the Quarry yet. " He lowers his voice a bit now, as if Gwen might be lurking behind a bush, listening to every word he says and prepared to leap out from ambush. "She's got quite a feisty tongue, Gwen does.....just to warn you. " He indicates the nearby water with a pointing of his muzzle. "Thirsty after all that walking? Help yourself, it's very good water. "
[ OFFLINE ] [ PROFILE ] [ QUOTE POST ] [ GO TO TOP ]

Przewalski
Member Avatar
Seller of Churros
Morraine

Morraine watched wide eyed along the horizon trying to take in her new home through her one good eye. The grasses seem very lush here even for the tint of autumn to be upon the lands. She still felt uncertain about staying here long term, but maybe with Caradoc things would change. After all, she did mate herself with the stallion. She might even be in foal with a future heir or some sort of absurdity like that. She was quite uncertain of her future, but for now she was here to stay.

Morraine tossed her alabaster head lightly sending her dark brown locks dancing around in the wind. She noticed that Caradoc had smiled at her and she felt it only polite to smile back. Not much had been said during the journey to Border Springs between her and Caradoc. The only thing that seemed to have happen was the impromptu mating process along the journey. She was not even sure if she was attracted to the hybrid stallion, but he had a kind heart and she would attempt to work things out before breaking his heart. She snapped out of her musing and turned her attention onto the bay stallion as he rambled on about the mares in his herd who both had delivered or where about to deliver foals. Caradoc directs her to a small creek telling her to drink if she is thirsty. She spoke softly yet steadily.

"Thank you. I will. So Caradoc, tell me about your past."

She was curious about this stallion that just up and claimed her. She must certainly seem quiet and standoffish toward him. She did not want him to feel that way unless she was definitely going to leave this land. She watched him with both mismatched yes drawn upon the bay stallion, the wind lightly playing with her long dark brown locks.

Goldiefish
No Avatar

He hears her accept his offer of the stream, but she makes no move towards it to quench her thirst. Wasn't her throat dry or dusty from the long walk back from Homeless? Well, it must not be if she had no interest in the water, so that was fair enough....he, however, was going to take his own advice and have a good drink before he answered her request. As he gulps down the cool water, he begins to feel less fatigued as it enters his system. After seeing his father seem to regain his health upon drinking the waters of Border Springs for a lengthy amount of time, he had become convinced that this was no ordinary water, and the restoration of energy he enjoys now is just more evidence for the bay stallion's theory. Having slacked his thirst, the stallion shakes his head to remove the lingering drops from his muzzle, then turns his attention back to Morraine. It was likely that she, like Lyrinx and Gwen, would soon be bearing his child. This was the season of fertility after all, and so far it had been quite fruitful indeed. Two foals born already, and another on the way. Would hers be a third precious little daughter to look after and protect, or would it perhaps be the heir he couldn't help but hope for? As herd stallions go, he was still quite young, and he had tried to tell himself to be patient.

But a major part of himself had been gnawing on his brain worriedly, hoping for a colt to be born soon, in case something ended up happening to himself before an heir could be born and trained to take over Border Springs after he was gone. "My past?" he inquires, in response to her request. "Alright, but there's really not much to tell, my life's been fairly routine. I was born, years ago now, in the territory of Copper Baroness, to the stallion Judgment and my mother, Roanoke. We lived there until he disappeared, and my mother went with me to live with a new stallion, a Gypsy Vanner called Golden Vale. After a time, he became ill and passed away, and it was about this time that my father returned, claiming this very land that we stand in now. My mother and I returned to his side, but, unfortunately, he soon vanished for a second time, after siring my only full sister, Razzi. I haven't seen her for a long time either, I can only hope that somehow they are together and he is keeping her safe. I considered becoming beta to the stallion of Otter's Haven, an elder who goes by the name of the Phantom, but ended up choosing to claim Border Springs myself, and the rest, well, you can guess at I'm sure. And what about your history, would you share that with me in turn? "

IceCrystal
Member Avatar
The Queen of Snark (and Procrastination)
GWENETH && MISA

The duo had finally reached their destination. Gweneth moved at a swift pace, forcing her daughter to canter to keep up. The dove gray mare let her pale green eyes look around. It took her a few moments to spot Caradoc and some strange mare. Gwen snorted, but quickly set off at a trot towards them. Misa kept up at a steady canter. She had mastered the art of moving already.

The bay stallion and the odd colored Gypsy Vanner mare were by a stream. The mare didn't even give a warning. She walked all the way up to them, flicking her black tail over her gray hide. Misa was dark bay with a blaze that split her face in two. Gwen tossed her mane elegantly before placing herself between the two equines. Misa jumped up and looked eagerly at her father.

"Hello again, dearest Caradoc," she said, giving him a demure smile. "How are you?" Then her gaze flickered back down to her daughter. "Ah, yes. This is Misa, your daughter." The filly nearly exploded with her happiness. She wiggled happily as she said, "Yay! Misa finally get's to meet her daddy! Misa loves Misa's daddy!!!!"

Przewalski
Member Avatar
Seller of Churros
Before Morraine could even utter a breath a Lipizzaner looking mare and a new born bay filly came up upon herself and Caradoc. Morraine could tell from her one good eye that the Lipizzaner mare was kind of in a irritated mood from the start. Morraine was not one to be quick to judge. She simply figured the mare was not expecting to find her lead stallion with a new mare as she went to give birth to his daughter. Morraine felt she would feel the same hostility toward any mare that this stallion or any stallion she bore a foal for if there he was out gathering more brood mares instead of making sure the lands were welcoming for a child. The foal at the dove gray mares side was quite cute. She definitely had Caradoc's coat coloration, but she had an intriguing broken blaze upon her face. Morraine felt the little filly had the potential to be a heart breaker in the future.

Morraine felt a tad annoyed, but said nothing as the Lipizzaner looking mare slipped in front of her separating her from Caradoc. Morraine knew that this mare was going to be trouble, but if she was nice to her or kept out of her way she had a feeling that the mare would not be ridiculous toward her. For right now Morraine simply shied softly to the side and lunged forward to be in sight by the bay stallion and not hidden by the dove gray mare. She would not give the mare the satisfaction of annoying her or getting her way. Morraine stood facing both Caradoc and Gwen. Morraine watched as the two equines interacted. It seemed that the little bay filly was quite excited to meet her sire. Morraine found the third person speech a tad odd, but it seemed to fit the filly. Morraine spoke lightly.

"I assume this is one of your mares living here?"

Morraine looked at Gwen and her daughter Misa.

"I am Morraine, it is nice to meet you and your filly is quite beautiful."

Morraine spoke with a subtle silence to her tone. There was almost something angelic in her tone, yet strong and unwavering. Morraine focuses both of her mismatched eyes upon the three equines in front of her before speaking once more to Caradoc.

"I believe you will find out about my past at a different time, Caradoc. I am sure you would like to spend time with your new filly."

Goldiefish
No Avatar

His hope to hear of Morraine's early history is quickly dashed, as Gwen chooses just that moment to reappear, their foal at her side, and place herself in between himself and his newest mare, who decides against answering his request as a result of the Rogue's sudden appearance. He feels irritated, having wanted to hear what the Vanner's story would be, but the little filly quickly distracts him with her unique speech and bubbly actions. Alright, well, Morraine was living here now so he could just take her up on the "offer" to tell him later. At least she wasn't leaving, and she wasn't letting Gwen push her into the background either, not with how she repositions herself so that she can still see and be seen by him. Good on her, meek-spirited wallflowers were something he couldn't help but feel sorry for more than have an interest in, though if she had been such, he'd have tried to help her emerge from her shell. "Welcome back, Gwen, I'm glad you made it back safe and healthy. " Caradoc chuckles softly at how excited Misa seems to be. "Well, hello there pixie. I....uh, Misa's Daddy, loves you too! And miss Morraine is right, you are beautiful. You should say thank you to her for the compliment. " The stallion pauses, thinking on what else he might say to his second daughter.

"Did you know yet that you have a half-sister? I bet she'd love to meet and play with you, if you decidde to go and find her in a little while. Her name is Karas. " He reaches his head down to nuzzle at the small girl, marveling once again, as he had when seeing Karas for the first time, how delicate and yet vibrant his children seemed to be. Had Judgment felt similarly when he first greeted Caradoc and his sisters? He chuckles ruefully in his mind at the thought of how his mother, Roanoke, would have reacted to both of the fillies, for she'd never had much interest in girl children at all. She'd been unhappy with his full sister from the very day 'Razzi had been born, and it had fallen to him to be her protector, friend, and teacher of sorts in their biased mother's place. The stallion hopes suddenly that all his his children, present and future, will be able to get along with one another. Two fillies so far, and one foal yet unborn, gender unknown....the land would soon be ringing with the sound of children's laughter, or so he dreams of such a thing occuring. His thoughts of Karas lead him to wonder where she and her mother were. Weren't they going to come to the herd meeting too?

Przewalski
Member Avatar
Seller of Churros
Morraine watched as Caradoc interacted with the Lipizzaner mare and her filly. She could tell that Caradoc was still rather new to the father aspect of life, but he seemed rather excited and willing to adapt. Watching him dote over one of his fillies made Morraine feel more reassured about possibly staying here. She was still unsure if she loved the goofy bay stallion, but anything could happen, especially since that playful teasing in the meadow seemingly led to her bearing him a third child this season. She knew she was not due for a little bit, but still it was sweet to watch Caradoc interact with his other children.

Morraine simply stood off to the side and waited for the entrance of the other mare and filly or for something to happen. Until then, she would simply watch and observe through her one good eye.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Border Springs · Next Topic »

Wierd Chili created rumbo11 from Zathyus Networks Resources & Zetaoard Genesis & Outline Forum