Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Realm

Steam has been witnessed rising from cracks in the mountains of the Loftland over Kestrel's prison. Additional minor earthquakes are being felt in this area on the surface.

The Scourge are currently attacking the Scantland and all residents must flee! This forum is now in read-only mode.

An earthquake has struck part of the Loftland. Water is now draining from Kestrel's place of imprisonment!

The Scourge have devastated the Hinterland and Desoland. Residents are unable to return. This forum is in read-only mode.

Season: Summer. Breeding: Banned. Seasons change on the 24th of every month.
Welcome wanderer! You seem to have stumbled across Kormada, a wild horse roleplay approaching its eight year anniversary on the net. We are a very friendly and very active community of players of all ages and experience levels. So take a look around, join us, and experience the chaos of life on a planet cheating death with every day of continued existence.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join Kormada and enter the realm!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Jealous?; Well you should be. [Lyrinx & Karas]
Topic Started: May 2 2010, 11:50 PM (283 Views)
KyonKyon
Member Avatar
The Crazy Mixed Up Odd Ball

[Lyrinx & Karas]

The trip to the foaling quarry had been a long one. She'd rested for some time and watched the young ebony hinny roam about as she learned to walk. In the end the young one had stumbled over her legs most of the time but by the time she'd decided they could travel she'd picked up on how to walk properly. A name had been found as she made her way back to Border Springs and to the awaiting Caradoc. She was excited to show him their new foal and could already tell she'd be having another when Karas was perhaps a year or two old.

As the lush springs came into view and the scent of Cardoc and that other mare with her foal caught her attention quickly enough. Legs would continue at an easy pace so Karas could keep up and once she'd crossed over into Caradocs land she'd travel in a little bit more before halting so she could take a break. Opening her maw she'd let out a loud bray, calling for Caradoc and letting him know she'd brought home his daughter. When she was finished she'd lay down, watching Karas skitter around and explore the lands.

The young hinny was quite a beauty and her dark coat favored her father but the light marking were that of her mother. Lyrinx felt an abundance of pride for the young female. She was beautiful and no one could say otherwise. As Karas came bounding over she'd nuzzle into her neck softly. <i>"Mama, when will papa be here?",</i> the question would cause Lyrinx to crane her neck and peer out into the distance. She was looking for Caradoc but could not see or hear him coming just yet.

"He will be here soon, darling. He has another young one to attend to as well", Karas would let out a heavy sigh and then flopped down next to her mother. She was quite excited to meet her father. Mother had told her how great of a stallion he was!
[ OFFLINE ] [ PROFILE ] [ QUOTE POST ] [ GO TO TOP ]

Goldiefish
No Avatar

For once, he is dozing in the center of his land instead of being on patrol of the border, but the loud braying call gets his attention all the same. Caradoc knows that such a call could only come from one source, his little donkey mare, Lyrinx. Her voice was far different than a regular horse's.....horses did not bray. The bay stallion snorts, shaking himself a little and shifting his weight from hoof to hoof to wake himself up fully. Was it done then, was she back from the Quarry? And with their newborn child in tow? He still can scarcely believe he's a father, though a simple glance at either Lyrinx or Gwen in the final stages of their pregnancies was all the confirmation needed. Hardly had the sound of the donkey's cry faded on the air that he is answering, a deep breath followed by the most powerful neigh he can muster, and then his feet are eagerly in motion, chasing after the sound.

Moving swiftly, the stallion finds himself coming up upon the pair waiting for him quicker than he expected, and he halts abruptly, wanting to proceed the rest of the way at a more sedate pace, though it's a bit wasted in effort since he is within eyesight of them now and they can clearly see how undignified he'd been, rushing pell-mell to greet them. He looks Lyrinx over first, wanting to be sure that the labor had not left her with any health issues, then turning his attention to the hinny. She is black in color, and he wonders fleetingly where that color had come from, and her muzzle is encircled in white, much like her mother's. Long ears adorn the top of her head, clearly showing her mixed-species heritage, and leaving Caradoc smitten with parental love at her uniqueness. Bending his head down, he brushes his muzzle against Lyrinx's cheek, welcoming her back, then speaks to the little filly. "Hello, princess. I'm your daddy Caradoc, and what's your name? "

KyonKyon
Member Avatar

[Lyrinx & Karas]

Sounds of hooves thundering in the air. The cold temperature of fall coming into play. She was quite content knowing that Caradoc would soon arrive. No sooner had she hushed the young hinny then the brute would appear. Her gaze would flicker over and a tired smile would cross her features. Yes she was fine and there was nothing wrong with her other then the lack of energy from the birth and walk home. She'd return the nuzzle happily and then lowered her head to rest.

Unfortunately for Caradoc he would not receive such a calm greeting from his daughter. The young hinny was up and awake the moment she'd heard him coming. Those dark eyes would focus on her father and when he came to a halt she'd bray happily. When he turned to question her she'd rear up onto her hind legs and rested her knees on her fathers chest or rather whatever part of him she could reach. Craning her neck to peer up at him and letting that bright smile stay on her face.

"My names Karas! Mama's told me so much about you!", the young hinny was content on spending some time with her father, giving Lyrinx time to simply relax and watch the pair interact. She was glad that Caradoc seemed to like their daughter and that Karas was comfortable around the stallion. It made things much easier for them all.

Goldiefish
No Avatar

He sees Lyrinx lie down, giving in to exhaustion, and he steps back so as not to crowd her while she is taking that much-needed rest. Chuckling to himself how much the little filly sounded like her mother; quite a set of lungs the baby had been born with, wasn't it? Caradoc is startled a bit when two hooves touch his chest and Karas' delicate face is hovering just below his. Carefully, he locks his legs in place to keep from shifting and dislodging the hinny's precarious position. His bay muzzle reaches down, touching hers in a loving caress. The stallion wishes he could stand here like this all day, just watching this small filly. The moment was perfect, she was equally so, and if he could spend eternity with his eyes looking into the depths of his daughter's gaze, he'd do so without hesitation. Unfortunately, he is a herd stallion, and there's endless duties to perform to keep his family safe, so all he can do is enjoy the time he has with his mares and children when the time presents itself.

Brown ears flicker with curiousity as he thinks back on what Karas' first words had been to him, how she'd excitedly proclaimed her name and the fact that her mother had told her all about him on the way home from the Quarry. "Well, I happen to think that's a very good name for you, princess. It's small and cute, just like you are. What did your momma happen to tell you about me, hmm? If she told you about how I splashed water from the Springs all over her, I swear that that was purely an accident. My foot slipped off the wet ground, and to keep my balance, I had to place it into the water. Unfortunately, there was a splash resulting from that, and she just happened to be standing in the way. It was a very sad thing, but luckily for us both, she survived the soaking. " Though he nods firmly, trying to look serious, a playful grin and wink soon break his masquerade, and he glances over to Lyrinx to see her reaction over his little story. No doubt she'd seen right through it, since she knew what had actually happened that day....his grin deepens a bit. He'd have to watch his back, for the donkey was probably plotting revenge.

KyonKyon
Member Avatar

[Lyrinx & Karas]

Ears would perk up when Caradoc spoke up. She knew very well that he'd purposefully splashed her! Karas however seemed to be quite giddy at his mention of mama's stories. She'd shake her head and then promptly moved back over to her mama, moving to nuzzle into the donkeys neck lovingly. "Mama's always told me good stories about you. How nice you are to her and how you took her in", the donkey would move to stand up now and nuzzled her youngin'. Then she'd turn her gaze over to Caradoc and grinned at him.

"Yes indeed. I remember that day very well", she'd make her way over to Caradoc and moved to rest against his side. Watching as her daughter came troting over happily and promptly cramed herself in between herself and Caradoc. Snuggling into them both so she was happily blocked in by both of her parents. Lyrinx would just chuckle and relished in the serene moment of having her family together. With them all here it was relaxing and quite a nice picture.

Goldiefish
No Avatar

The new father chuckles as Karas continues speaking, his eyes resting fondly on the little hinny. "Is that so? Well, I have some good stories to tell you about your momma, too....I'll be sure and tell a few of them to you later on, ok? " He shifts his gaze enough so that he can look at Lyrinx with one eye, judging her reaction at his attempt to gain brownie points, but is quickly taken by surprise as she comes to his side, snuggling up against him though he was taller than she, by several hands. Add to that, their daughter tucks herself into their "group hug" as well, and if the stallion were cat instead of horse, he'd be purring loudly enough to shake the rocks from the mountains. When he'd been a foal, there had never been this kind of affection shared between himself and his parents, so he is happy to be offering it to Karas, giving her what he hadn't had himself so that she knows she is loved. Yet, as peaceful as this moment is, as much as he'd like it to go on forever, it is Caradoc himself who gives in to an impulse of mischief and ends their tranquility. The bay turns enough so that he can rest his head on the donkey's back, and reaches out to nip playfully at Karas' stubby mane. "Gotcha! " he says, with a playful whicker.
Edited by Goldiefish, Jun 6 2010, 07:22 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Border Springs · Next Topic »

Wierd Chili created rumbo11 from Zathyus Networks Resources & Zetaoard Genesis & Outline Forum