Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Realm

Kormada is an equine roleplay taking place on a planet far from Earth. Traverse vast ice deserts, swim in underground lakes, and navigate endless forests of silver-barked trees. There are no humans here, but an array of other strange creatures--both friends and enemies--await you at every turn. Kormada was created in August of 2006 and has transformed into an enormous, adventure-ridden game for both beginner and advanced role players alike. We invite you to join us and see just why we've lasted so long!

Season: Summer. Breeding: Banned. Seasons change on the 24th of every month.
Welcome wanderer! You seem to have stumbled across Kormada, a wild horse roleplay approaching its eight year anniversary on the net. We are a very friendly and very active community of players of all ages and experience levels. So take a look around, join us, and experience the chaos of life on a planet cheating death with every day of continued existence.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join Kormada and enter the realm!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
never say never;;; Gwen enters
Topic Started: Apr 26 2010, 06:20 PM (176 Views)
IceCrystal
Member Avatar
The Queen of Snark (and Procrastination)
GWENETH;;
The dove gray mare moved at a swift trot into the land she would reside in for a while. Just a few weeks ago, she had finally come of age. She took the liberty to immediately leave her mother and siblings, along with her new niece. Gweneth loved her family, but she liked her freedom better. If she enjoyed freedom so much, then why was she stuck in this predicament? Because she wanted to show her mother and brother up. She wasn't going to follow their values. She was like her father.

Gwen wasn't quite showing the signs of her pregnancy, but she was sure feeling it. She was more snappy than usual, and she'd never been so hungry in her life. She tossed his delicate mane, sending her ebony tresses to the other side of her somewhat muscular neck. She was a more feminine combination of her parents, unlike her brother. Standing only at fifteen hands high, she had her mother's delicate build, yet her legs were sturdy and her carriage was of her father's. She had her mother's green eyes, though they were much paler and icier, thanks to her father. She couldn't help but wonder what traits she would pass on down to her foal.

She slowed as she reached one of the springs that gave Border Springs its name. She lowered her dished head to drink the cold liquid. She let her eyes look around. It was pretty empty. Had she gotten to the right land? Even if she was in the wrong territory, she was in no fault. That was a benefit of being a Rogue. But if Caradoc just decided he'd just disappear after their act, he was going to pay. Unlike most Rogues of her type, she was going to make sure her offspring met their sire.

Impatience overtaking her, she lifted her darkened muzzle and let out a clear call, announcing her arrival. Lowering her head, she flickered her dark tail against her paler hide and began to wait. And if he didn't show, she'd hunt him down until she found him. There was no getting away from Gwen. Besides, she had taken a liking to his appearance. It was rare to find a simple bay nowadays, let alone an attractive one. It was refreshing. However, now, all she could do was wait.
[ OFFLINE ] [ PROFILE ] [ QUOTE POST ] [ GO TO TOP ]

Goldiefish
No Avatar

He's busy inspecting one of the less-used ways into Border Springs when he hears the mare call out, and his bay ears prick alertly at the sound. That certainly didn't sound like his Lyrinx, so who was it? And then he recalls his recent encounter with another of the feminine gender. Realization hits him that it must be Gwen, somehow having managed to follow him home. Well, she was a bit prickly....ok, more than a bit, but he was hardly going to ignore her, especially in light of the fact that it was breeding season, and it was likely that his encounter with the Rogue had resulted in a pregnancy. With a final sniff to be sure no other stallions have been trespassing into his home, he lifts his head up and sets off, bay hide gleaming with health in the autumn sunlight. As he fast-walks along, the stallion wonders what sort of mood she will greet him with...not that it was wrong for a mare to be spirited. He just hopes that she hasn't come to purposefully be a thorn in his side. On the way to Gwen's location, he catches a whiff of the little donkey that shared the land with him, and smiles to himself. She was a pleasure to be around, and he'd be lying to himself if he said he wasn't beginning to fall for her.

A short while after this self-realization, he spies the gray mare in the distance, and alters his path just a bit so that he'll not end up standing too far away from her, though he also takes care not to intrude in her personal space without an invitation. Caradoc slows his pace, then stops, and neighs an answer to her earlier call. He opts for as friendly a tone as he can manage, unsure of how she will react to his appearance. "Hello, Gwen, it's good to see you again. Are you planning to stay over here in Border Springs for a while? You're more than welcome to do so, if so. Lyrinx and I will be glad to have extra company. " Speaking of Lyrinx...he looks in several directions now, wondering if she is also coming to investigate the source of the summons, and then back to the gray wanderer. Was she indeed carrying his child now? If so, she isn't showing much sign of it yet, but time will tell. He hopes that she will stay for a good while before moving on, so he will be able to spend as much time with it as he can before she departs again, as Rogues tend to do. What if it turned out to be a colt? Would she still leave with it, or would it be able to be a candidate for his heir? Of course, if it were a filly, there was less in the way of arguments he could muster to keep her and their foal in Border Springs, but Caradoc will offer parental love to the child no matter what gender it happens to be.

IceCrystal
Member Avatar
The Queen of Snark (and Procrastination)
GWENETH;;

The young mare spent her time thinking about her family. Would her older brother, Johnis, be having anymore children this season? She doubted it, for the last time she'd been at his territory, he had only had one mare. What had become of her depressed mother? Had her father returned? What of her half sister, Raven? She should be almost two years old now. A small pang swelled in her chest, reminding her how much she loved and missed her family. But soon she would have a different kind of family.

Lucky for Gwen and all the inhabitants of Border Springs, Caradoc appeared none too late. The bay stallion halted in front of her, greeting her with a neigh. Her demeanor changed, but no one would notice it until she spoke. 'Hello, Gwen, it's good to see you again. Are you planning to stay over here in Border Springs for a while? You're more than welcome to do so, if so. Lyrinx and I will be glad to have extra company.' Her pale green eyes narrowed a bit at the mentioning of another mare, but it was barely noticeable.

Gwen tossed her dark mane to the other side of her dove gray neck before giving him a demure smile. "Hello, Caradoc. It's wonderful to see you again as well." The expression on her face is of an innocent angel, but anyone who knew her well knew that this was far from the truth. "My dear Caradoc, if I didn't plan on staying awhile, I wouldn't be here on the first place. And, of course, I assumed I was welcome by our...little encounter." She paused, and her expression turned to thoughtful. "Oh? Lyrinx? I take it she is your lead mare?" She smiles. "How amusing. From my experiences, lead mares have always been traitorous harlots."

She stopped then, letting him chew a bit on her words. She couldn't wait to hear his reply.

Goldiefish
No Avatar

On the surface, she looks friendly, seems glad to see him, but there's something he can't quite figure out in her her manner that puts him on alert. Her smile seems innocent, but it seems at odds with the way she just barely narrows her eyes at his mention of another mare living with him. Was it just jealousy, then? Caradoc decides to let it pass for now, thinking that any sort of argument on the subject would be unhealthful for an expectant female, but at the same time make it clear that he didn't appreciate her acidic comments regarding the friendly little donkey. "Yes, you are welcome here. However, you will not insult Lyrinx in my presence with such words. She is neither traitorous nor a harlot, and it's not a good idea to label someone one way or another when you've never even met them before. " Believing that what she intended to do with her harsh words was get a rise out of him, the bay keeps himself calm, his words at an even tone.

"As to the position of lead mare, that is vacant. I'd be happy to consider you on the candidate list, but, since you're a Rogue and all, I'm afraid I have to disqualify you, my dear. " A sly little smile appears on his muzzle for a few seconds as he says this last, part of him having decided to make an attempt at giving her a return verbal barb. But then he becomes serious again, his eyes looking the gray over from nose to tail, pausing with concern at her midsection before moving on. "Gwen, you can stay here as long as you'd like to, you and our child both. " She'll probably have a scathing response to his offer, but it was sincere, made in good faith, and he means every word of it. Even with her waspish temperment, he doesn't want to see her go...her strong spirit appeals to him, in a way differently than Lyrinx's friendly, even sweet, manner does though it doesn't leave him wanting to favor one over the other. He almost hopes now, though, that the donkey does not appear. For there'd probably be a catfight on his hands, and quickly too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Border Springs · Next Topic »