Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Realm

Kormada is an equine roleplay taking place on a planet far from Earth. Traverse vast ice deserts, swim in underground lakes, and navigate endless forests of silver-barked trees. There are no humans here, but an array of other strange creatures--both friends and enemies--await you at every turn. Kormada was created in August of 2006 and has transformed into an enormous, adventure-ridden game for both beginner and advanced role players alike. We invite you to join us and see just why we've lasted so long!

Season: Summer. Breeding: Banned. Seasons change on the 24th of every month.
Welcome wanderer! You seem to have stumbled across Kormada, a wild horse roleplay approaching its eight year anniversary on the net. We are a very friendly and very active community of players of all ages and experience levels. So take a look around, join us, and experience the chaos of life on a planet cheating death with every day of continued existence.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join Kormada and enter the realm!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
A homecoming; for Lyrinx :)
Topic Started: Apr 4 2010, 08:39 PM (207 Views)
Goldiefish
No Avatar

He leads the way from the Homeless grounds, keeping his pace slow to accomodate the shorter legs of Lyrinx. She'd said she came from a warm climate, so he only hopes his home won't prove to be too cold for her liking. Then, too, if it did, she would probably absent herself from it for a few days...hadn't she said she had a bit of wanderlust? Caradoc decides he is alright with this quirk of hers, as long as she always returns to Border Springs, and doesn't take up residency in another stallion's land, especially without his permission. The little donkey was his first mare, and he's still not used to the idea that he's made himself into a full-fledged herd stallion now. The bay is still feeling nervous over this fact, actually. Would he be able to continue to build his herd, sire foals, keep other stallions from taking away his mares? He makes a mental note to go pay a visit to the Phantom again, and discuss the idea of an alliance with him and his sons, between their respective lands. That's something to take care of later, though. For now, he needs to look after Lyrinx and help her to settle in comfortably.

He pauses at the border of his land and glances back to ensure he hasn't left her behind, offering her a welcoming smile before walking until he stands along the shore of one of the bodies of water that gives this place its name. There were good, albeit nostalgic, memories here for him. This had been the last place he'd seen his father, Judgment, and it was almost as if he could see the great stallion around the next corner, if he were just to look hard enough....Caradoc gives his head a brisk shake. His sire wasn't here; there was no lingering smell of him on the breeze. He was gone, along with Caradoc's mother and his sisters, to points unknown. But, he would have the beginnings of a new family soon enough, perhaps even at the next breeding season. He takes a sip of the cool waters of the spring, enjoying how it feels upon his travel-parched throat, then looks back to her, tilting his head. "This is Border Springs, I hope it's not too bad for you, temperature wise...." A hint of worry creeps into his voice as he speaks to her, hoping she'll be happy here.
Edited by Goldiefish, Apr 4 2010, 08:41 PM.
[ OFFLINE ] [ PROFILE ] [ QUOTE POST ] [ GO TO TOP ]

KyonKyon
Member Avatar
The Crazy Mixed Up Odd Ball
Posted Image

[Lyrinx]

Wouldn't let the walk back spook her off. She had to put up some extra effort to keep up with the taller stallion but she made sure to always be near him. Her gaze however was focused on the passing surroundings. She found herself in awe of the beautiful scenery around her. She loved to explore and had to remind herself several times she couldn't venture off to look at this or that. After all she was on her way to her new home and she couldn't keep Caradoc waiting just because of her silly whims to venture off. The closer to Border Springs they got the colder it was. She however would not complain about the weather. It wasn't to bad and she knew she'd be able to keep warm. It wasn't freezing here and so she would survive.

When they finally crossed over into his territory and stopped at the edge of one of the pools she'd find herself gazing around in awe. It was so beautiful here and the springs lovely to look at. Leaning down she'd take a few heavy gulps from the spring and then raised herself back up. Trotting around to look at this and that. When he finally spoke she'd turn her gaze back over to him and smiled brightly at him. "I'll be just fine here. I'll have you and perhaps some new friends should you get more mares, to keep me company and keep me warm at night", and she didn't mind that thought in the least bit.

Goldiefish
No Avatar

With a quiet feeling of pride, Caradoc watches his first mare step away from his side to begin exploring her new home, their home. First impressions were important, even for places, and it seems as though Border Springs was making a good one on Lyrinx. As a foal, he had heard stories from his mother about the first place she had lived at with Judgment, the Warrior's Swamp. It had been ugly, Roanoke always claimed, a humid and dreadful land full of dangerous predators such as giant serpents. In fact, she had told her son, she and Zo, the mother of his first sister Zelda, had once been menaced by one such snake and had had to be defended by his father. He can't fathom the size of such a predator, but he allowed himself to believe the truth of it nonetheless, for Roanoke had never lied to him. At least there was no danger of one appearing in this place, for no reptile liked the cold...the climate of his home would keep them away.

His musings cut off when she wanders back over to speak to him. The stallion chuckles as she talks about keeping warm, though it was true that everyone who came to live here would need to stay close together at night for the shared warmth. He nods to indicate his agreement with her suggestion of future mares. "I don't need to accumulate a huge number of females, it would get me into so much trouble if I became unable to keep names straight! But a few more, yes, that is a good idea. Of course, then I'll have to sort out who to select as alpha mare...but that's something to worry about a long time from now. " He almost includes the likelihood of foals living here in the future, but doesn't want to seem like he's trying to rush things with the little donkey. She might not even want a child, with how different he and she are in body statures.

KyonKyon
Member Avatar
The Crazy Mixed Up Odd Ball
Posted Image

[Lyrinx]

Could hardly contain her excitement when it came to exploring. His agreement about the cold and mares made her quite pleased. She'd like company and she enjoyed big groups of equines. Happily though she could say she didn't mind spending some time alone with him. It was nice to get to know the stallion she'd be living with better. Once she felt satied she'd return to his side once more and promptly leaned her tiny form against his.

"When breeding season comes can we have a foal? I've never had one before", she'd like to have one and wouldn't mind if it looked like him or herself. She knew it'd be beautiful no matter what. Resting her head against his side, simply content to take a break now. She'd been running around so much and had left the home grounds to come here so quickly the small mare had barely any time to take a break and simply rest.

"I'm hoping for a colt... they're so adorable"

Goldiefish
No Avatar

The feel of the little donkey against his side is a good sensation, warm against the habitual chill of the land, and it calls back to mind her statement about the herd gathering together at night for shared warmth. Her friendly touch leaves him feeling just a bit dazed, but Caradoc finds himself not minding this a bit. He feels...well, serene, actually. Here he stood, in his own newly claimed land, and with a mare who had chosen freely to become his companion, the start of his herd. At the moment, he feels as if he has the proverbial world in his hand, err, hoof. Everything feels perfect to him, carried on a tide of pride at his newfound accomplishments. And then Lyrinx speaks, and her question shatters his tranquility. A foal, so soon? He'd only just brought her to Border Springs! Yet, if it was something that would make her happy, why should he deny it to her?

And, well, it would be nice to become a father. He'd stick around longer than his own sire had, that was for sure. Eventually, the bay stallion nods in agreement. "Certainly, if you wish for one....though I hope we can find an instructions on child raising booklet somewhere, because I've never been a father before. Colt, eh? I bet it'll be a filly. " He chuckles, feeling the urge to tease her over her wish for a particular gender, and to cover up his own flash of uncertainty, something all first-time fathers to be no doubt experience. No need to be afraid, he tells himself, the very fact that he is concerned about his parental ability means he will do alright in the end. Looking down at her, he manages a smile, then brushes his muzzle against one of her oversized ears.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Border Springs · Next Topic »