- Feb 18, 2009
- Favorite Programming Language
We appreciate that you have chosen JuniorDevelopers.net for all your Programming needs. We want to give every member the best experience possible and thus have set in place some rules and guidelines that will help you and others enjoy your stay. These rules apply across the entire board, in posts, PMs, profiles, signatures, etc.
Etiquette & Posting Guidelines
- The following content is unacceptable and will be removed on sight, with the offending user warned as appropriate:
- Racial, ethnic, gender insults, or discriminatory material of any kind
- Rude or inflammatory behavior toward members and staff.
- Posting private conversations including, but not limited to: personal messages, instant message conversations or e-mail conversations.
- Short, useless posts or excessive repeated posts—i.e., spam
- Pornography, warez, or any other illegal activities
- Personal or contact details of yourself or anyone else. This includes, but is not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers, and IP addresses. If you wish to share your details with someone, use the PM system.
- Copyrighted material. This includes but is not limited to Tutorials that do not belong to you.
- If you want to post large images or several images in a row, link to them instead of placing them in a post. Be considerate of those on slower connections.
- Post in the appropriate section. If your topic is placed in the wrong section, it may be moved.
- Users have the option to edit their posts in order to add additional information. Please use the edit option instead of making additional posts.
- Never make multiple consecutive posts. If you feel you have to, do so, and immediatly report your post with a reason so we may look it over.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any posted content, even if it is not listed above. Topics may be deleted or closed to keep the board organized and prevent spam.
- We reserve the right to edit or delete your account at any time without warning or explanation.
- Use this board at your own risk; we make no warranty that the information supplied is correct or accurate.
- You are only allowed one account at this board. Creating multiple accounts to get around suspension or other punishments will result in a tripling of the punishment time or permanent banishment.
- If you have a complaint about a staff member's conduct, please send a PM to Alex, your Admin.
Signature & Avatar Guidelines
- Your signature, including all images and text, must fit inside this box of 550x150 pixels.
- Limit the size of text in your signature to 2 sizes larger than the base size.
- Any images in your signature should not total to more than 50 KB in file size.
- Avatars should be no more than 25 KB in file size.
- Please keep avatars and signatures family friendly.
Advertising & Links
- Do not advertise any board, website, or service via PM, topic, post, or anywhere else on this board. Exceptions must be cleared by appropriate Staff.
- You may advertise in your avatar, signature, and profile, with the following exceptions:
- Competing Services
- Referral links of any sort
- Links to harmful locations (such as the sign out link or “shock sites”)
Service & Support
The primary purpose of this board is to provide programming service and support. As such, behavior that would interfere should be avoided.
- Use the search engine, before you ask any support questions.
- Do not PM staff for support—this includes sending staff a PM with a link to your support topic. Any requests for support will go ignored, and your ability to use the PM system may be removed.
- Do not encourage members who say they will give support via PM or IM. Use only the board or support tickets for support, since then your answered question will help others in the future.
- Post in someone else’s support topic only to provide accurate, detailed answers. Do not post to ask a question of your own, and do not post if you are unsure of your answer. Leave the topic for someone else to answer if that is the case.
- Please post your topic in the appropriate section, and only post it in one section. Otherwise you’ll create confusion, which will delay any response.
- Be considerate of other users seeking support.
If you consistently provide bad support in any form, you will be restricted from posting in any support section. Likewise, spamming the support section with questions will result in a restriction.