Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click the donate button to help support campaigns.

Welcome to James Scott Fans Online! A fan site built by fans for ALL James fans.
Visit us on the web at JamesScottFansOnline

Show your support for James and EJ!

Days Contact Info
Call the Comment Line at
(818) 840-2067
Support James and EJ! Ways to show ongoing support for both.
SOD HOTN Poll
The Pulse: TVSource Magazine Weekly Poll

Welcome to James Scott Fans Online; A fansite built by fans for ALL James fans.

We're dedicated solely to James Scott. All of his fans are welcome here.

This site is for all fans of James Scott, regardless of the pairing his Days character EJ happens to be in. Please feel free to share your opinion(s) regardless of who you like EJ/James paired with on the show. All opinions are welcomed.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

We hope you decide to join us!

Click here to Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
50ShadesofGrey campaign NOT supported by JSFO
Topic Started: April 20, 2012, 3:18 pm (568 Views)
JamesScottFan4Life
Member Avatar
James Scott Fan First

I'm going to say the same thing I said on the Facebook group page about this and a little more.

If we knew this was something James wanted to do for sure this would be a different thing. I could see pushing it then BUT not until then. I really am not fond of the e-mailing the author of the book either. JMO.

I will not suppress your efforts but I do ask that you use caution when doing this. Please do not bombard this author with e-mails about James. It's just not cool.

As far as campaigning, it's a no go as far as "James Scott Fans Online" goes. It will not be officially endorsed by this site. However, you're welcome to post your campaign here. I will not stop you from doing so I just won't endorse it.

Personally, this is how I feel about it. You have to put yourself in James' shoes and think of how you would feel if anyone started campaigning on your behalf when not knowing if you were even interested in what they were campaigning for. I know I wouldn't be to happy personally if someone did that to me. Just something to think about.

We all love James and I know we'd all love to see him do something other than daytime. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way at all. However, it has to be something James wants and until then I see a campaign of this nature as a no go.

Sometimes things like this can do more harm than good. Just something to think about.

IF James were to say himself that this is something he wanted to do then and only then will this statement change.

Thanks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ejami3js

I agree
Offline Profile Goto Top

renee32
Member Avatar
Lovin' the Big Brit

Tish, while I can understand you not wanting JSFO to officially campaign for James to get the role of Christian Grey-if that is what you mean by not supporting, I think the information should be posted here for James Scott fans to do as they wish-this is the stance that Forbidden Love is taking. For James to just be included in discussions of any form in the entertainment industry, about him being cast as Christian Grey would be huge for James (and it would be great PR for Days). Yes, James is a private person, but he has also stated on more than one occassion that he would love to do work in primetime, movies....I think James would be flattered by this. James is a grown man and if he were to be offered this or any other role, he could turn it down-but I don't think there would be any way he would turn down a movie role.

Just my opinion. :smile:

Offline Profile Goto Top

cassiopeia

I have been quiet about this for the past few days... But having read some of the posts about this project both here and on another board, I feel I have to speak out on this subject, in spite of the fact that the only thing I know about the books and the potential movie is based on what I have read in said postings.

I would be terribly embarrassed for James were someone to even offer him the role.. I would likewise be disappointed in him were he to accept such a role. I find the objectification of both men and women on soaps difficult enough to handle... Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have read, such a "project" would magnify what happens on soaps a thousand-fold... if not more... I am not a believer in "art for art's sake"; and I know that James has mentioned that he is not a believer in gratuitous scenes... In my opinion, James has too much talent and too much potential, both as an actor and a person, to involve himself in something like this... To be frank, the thought of him being involved in something like this makes be feel a bit sick to my stomach... Personally I think his being involved in this project would be a giant step backward for James in more ways than one... There are a lot of ways to measure success and being involved in a project like this, in my opinion, is not one of them.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I felt it necessary to speak out in defense of James..
Edited by cassiopeia, April 21, 2012, 6:51 am.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScottFan4Life
Member Avatar
James Scott Fan First

I am allowing it to be posted here. It's posted here in this thread. I stated " However, you're welcome to post your campaign here." and "I will not suppress your efforts but I do ask that you use caution when doing this". I'm not saying the information can't be posted here for James Scott fans to do as they wish. I thought I was quite clear of that in my post.

The only thing that's not posted is the authors e-mail address. I never asked for it to be deleted. That was done by the OP who started the thread. If the OP wants to add it back then that's their decision. I just merely stated how I personally felt about e-mailing the author, nothing more.

My issue with this is we don't even know if this is something James would want to do. I see it posted on the Days Of Our Lives 45 Anniversary page on Facebook. I asked if it was official and was told yes BUT official by who? Is that just fans or James himself? Has James officially said he wanted to go out for the role? This has become confusing. So, I decided JSFO, the site, my site will not officially support the campaign unless word comes from James himself that he's interested. However, I will not suppress anyone's efforts here as fans to campaign for it or to use this board to post about it. You're welcome to do so if you wish. I won't stop anyone from doing it. I thought that was clear in my post. I'm sorry this is causing problems. Do I think people have a right to decide if they want to participate or not in this campaign, absolutely! I won't stop them from doing so either way here.

If you're referring to the other thread I hid. It was because of an e-mail address in it. Again, I never asked for it to be deleted. I didn't realize at the time Rachel had deleted it. My mistake for not looking good enough and seeing she'd deleted that. I see now Rachel took care of it so the thread is re-opened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

FeFe
Member Avatar

I agree with this whole-heartedly which is why I have not posted or commented or voted for this...sure it would be great to see him in other projects, but HE has to WANT to do it and that endeavor should be under HIS control. No offense at all to those who have supported this campaign, but I have been quiet and mum on it for this very reason..
Offline Profile Goto Top

FeFe
Member Avatar

Oh and I have NO PROBLEM seeing JS in an erotic romance role...he is a grown man in his thirties, and sorry, I find him to be PAINFULLY hot...so I wouldn't be angry if he took on any of these types of roles...but I think James should be in the drivers seat of his career and not have to deal with other PTB possibly getting "turned off" by his fan base...I think that's what Tish is implying... :cute:
Offline Profile Goto Top

renee32
Member Avatar
Lovin' the Big Brit

JamesScottFan4Life
April 21, 2012, 7:43 am
I am allowing it to be posted here. It's posted here in this thread. I stated " However, you're welcome to post your campaign here." and "I will not suppress your efforts but I do ask that you use caution when doing this". I'm not saying the information can't be posted here for James Scott fans to do as they wish. I thought I was quite clear of that in my post.

The only thing that's not posted is the authors e-mail address. I never asked for it to be deleted. That was done by the OP who started the thread. If the OP wants to add it back then that's their decision. I just merely stated how I personally felt about e-mailing the author, nothing more.

My issue with this is we don't even know if this is something James would want to do. I see it posted on the Days Of Our Lives 45 Anniversary page on Facebook. I asked if it was official and was told yes BUT official by who? Is that just fans or James himself? Has James officially said he wanted to go out for the role? This has become confusing. So, I decided JSFO, the site, my site will not officially support the campaign unless word comes from James himself that he's interested. However, I will not suppress anyone's efforts here as fans to campaign for it or to use this board to post about it. You're welcome to do so if you wish. I won't stop anyone from doing it. I thought that was clear in my post. I'm sorry this is causing problems. Do I think people have a right to decide if they want to participate or not in this campaign, absolutely! I won't stop them from doing so either way here.

If you're referring to the other thread I hid. It was because of an e-mail address in it. Again, I never asked for it to be deleted. I didn't realize at the time Rachel had deleted it. My mistake for not looking good enough and seeing she'd deleted that. I see now Rachel took care of it so the thread is re-opened.
I was just afraid that was where things were headed (no discussion allowed at all). I am disappointed that with this being a James Scott board, that it won't be supporting giving James buzz for this, but it isn't my board-it's yours and whatever you say goes. I'm perfectly okay with that. I am very thankful that there is a place in the Support James forum to post articles, polls and such-that is most important in my opinion.

Thanks Tish! :thankyou:
Offline Profile Goto Top

rachel2233

this is from one of the mods in fl

Quote:

James did not ask for it and neither did anyone on this board or any other. This has not been launched by fans of James and it is not an FL campaign.

If I could fully disclose more details, I would. FL was asked for help by someone that is close enough to James to know whether or not he would be ok with it and I have revealed the source to all staff and while they can't share the information either, all of our members should know that we would not support this as a board if it had not come from a valid source.

We are not asking anyone to participate that is not comfortable with it for whatever reason (and there are some valid reasons in here) so if you don't want to participate, don't.

This thread was not presented for debate about the campaign or for comments that imply that this is some out of left field request not coming from a valid source.

We have the opportunity to show massive support for James...support that would be visible outside of Days but it would also be visible to TPTB at Days. What if they are watching this campaign and the reaction is telling them that maybe James isn't as popular as they thought he was? That's just some food for thought but I'm not looking for an answer or debate. In fact, unless or until we have more details to share about this, I am closing this thread to further comment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScottFan4Life
Member Avatar
James Scott Fan First

Thank you for sharing Rachel but that's not going to change how I feel about it. JSFO, the site will not officially support the campaign. I won't get behind something when I do not know for a fact this is something James is interested in doing. People here are more than welcome to participate in this campaign and talk about it here if they wish. I have no issue with them doing so. I'm sorry if I disappoint anyone but with no official word from James on if he's even interested I cannot in good conscience officially support the campaign.

ETA:

This board will allow individual's to campaign here if they wish to do so and it will allow individual discussion for and against this topic here as well. Officially, JSFO, the site is not apart of the campaign nor does it support it. It is being left up to individuals if they want to support it or not. I'm officially closing this topic to discussion.

You're more than welcome to talk about this topic in the other threads started at this board about it. There are three I believe. One in the Support James forum and two in the All About James forum. Thank you and I hope you understand.
Edited by JamesScottFan4Life, May 4, 2012, 9:46 pm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · JSFO Info · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Affiliates

If you'd like to affiliate with us please send an e-mail to jamesscottfansonline@live.com. We'll get you added here and on the related links page of the website. All we ask in return is you add both the website and Fan Forum to your affiliates. Thanks!

The DiMera DenEjummyLuvPhotobucket

Quote from James

And as always my words to the fans are ‘thank you.’ As enthusiastic about it as these people are about my character on the show really touches me. And I think I’m very privileged to have people who are always supportive of my work.
About.com interview, 2/19/09

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS

Disclaimer: This site is NOT associated with James Scott, NBC, Days of Our Lives, or Sony. This is a fansite only.