|Official Rules of Inspired Writers|
|The following are the rules of this message board. As stated below, we, as the administrators of this board, reserve the right to add on to and change these rules and guidelines without prior warning. It is expected that you will read and follow these rules at ALL times. If anyone is found not following them, appropriate action ranging from a warning to permanent banning will be taken. This action will be based on the rule that is being broken and the severity of it.
1. To join, the first thing you should do is register an account. Please note that you should do this only if you plan on participating and being as active as possible. Registering with the only intent of lurking and then no longer visiting isn't acceptable and is rather disappointing.
2. Once you've registered, please introduce yourself. You'll notice that once you've registered, more sections will appear. Feel free to check them out and begin posting. The optional introduction template can be found here.
3. We reserve the right to delete your account after a month or more of inactivity in order to keep the member count up to date. If your account has been deleted and you would like it back (with the intent of participation in return), please e-mail us at InspiredWritersMods@gmail.com.
4. When you register, you MUST enable PMs and e-mail notifications. This is so that the moderators can send out a welcome message and anything else they might need to tell you, as well as so that you know when someone replies to a topic you've posted/replied to yourself. We reserve the right to enable PMs and e-mail notification without prior notice.
1. You must be at least 13 years old to become a member. This is not our rule, but is a rule of zetaboards, or forum host, that we must enforce.
2. Keep all strong language (swearing) in the context of your writing. Do not swear heavily outside of your writing or at other members or the moderators.
3. If you are not a moderator/admin, please do not act like one, and instead contact one of the mods/admin to take care of any potential problems.
4. Spam, porn, flaming, and racism are all causes for immediate banning with no exceptions.
5. We reserve the right to delete posts, restrict access, and take whatever action may be necessary to keep our members from being exposed to inappropriate behavior, links, writing, and images.
6. Since this is a board for writers, netspeak will NOT be allowed. Please use correct grammar and spelling to the best of your abilities, but do not be lazy about it.
Action taken: First offense- warning
Second offense- another warning
Third offense- another warning
Anything more than three warnings will have appropriate action will be taken, such as suspension. In an extreme case, the person(s) will be banned.
7. Please use correct grammar and spelling for ALL of your posts and not just when posting a story or poem. We will not tolerate netspeak, as we expect to be able to read posts written by mature people and not read posts written by three year olds.
8. Treat all admin/moderators with respect. Do not dismiss what they say.
9. Do not post any material (or llink to) any sexual, threatening, hateful, racially or ethically offensive imagery or content.
10. Do not spam the boards.
11. Do not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.
12. For your privacy/safety, you're welcome to use a penname/fake name but please do so at your own discretion and only because you feel the need to.
13. Plagiarizing- either previously published (books) or original works created by other members- in any form will not be tolerated. You can quote from published fiction or non-fiction, as long as you state the source.
14. Please do not use OBVIOUSLY annoying colors or fonts when making posts. It's best to stick to the "default" fonts and colors.
15. The rating of this forum is for PG-13 and below, in both fictional/non-fictional literature and regular content. If anyone is caught posting content that is sexual, offensive, or otherwise, then appropriate action will be taken, which could possibly lead to banning.
16. When it comes to advertising, it is certainly welcomed (in the right section, which is the "advertising and affiliates" section) but PLEASE do not join (as in registering- posting as a guest in the affiliates section is a bit different) only to advertise your site. Please at least introduce yourself and make posts in OTHER sections before advertising your site. You can find out more about advertising here and here.
17. All poems and stories posted by our members belong to their respective authors that post them. If in any way we find out that someone on this board is claiming another member's writing as their own, extreme action will be taken.
At the moment, this is where you can go to, through a new post, make a request for a usergroup to be made that you wish to moderate. More information on usergroups will be coming soon, once we have things figured out.
We reserve the right to add on to or change these rules at any time without notice.
1. The most important thing to remember is that all of the people joining this board are going to have various backgrounds in writing. Some will have gotten works published, while others only dream to do so. Having more experience in certain areas and writing in general does NOT necessarily make you better than others, and it is best not to come off as arrogant about such things.
2. When posting a piece of writing that you’ve written, please put a rating (G, PG, PG-13) in the subject of your post.
3. For every story or poem you post, you will need to critique TWO pieces of writing written by other authors of the board. If you critique other’s writing, they’ll be more likely to critique yours in return. When you post a new poem or story, please send a PM to Danielle (AWritersFantasy) or any of the other moderators using the info we ask for here.
4. SPELL CHECK! Spell check is your FRIEND. Please do this before posting your writing, or making a post in general. A warning will be given to anyone who consistently violates this.
5. We reserve the right to add on to or change these rules at any time without previous notice.
While we will not demand that you use this format, it might be helpful to readers if you fill this out (before putting your writing in the post):
See this post
All writing, both in fictional/non-fictional and regular content, should be in English, as this is the default language of the board and its members.
Genres/Sub-genres We Allow
The Chat Box
The chat box is there for us to use as another way of communication. However, anyone who abuses this feature will either be suspended or banned, and in an extreme case, it will be taken away.
The Avatar Gallery
All images submitted to be used in the avatar gallery must be appropriate for all ages. Things like cats, dogs, movies, television shows, etc are acceptable for this. If you wish to submit icons for the gallery, go to the graphics section to do so.
We reserve the right to add on to or change these guidelines/rules at any time without prior warning.