Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

Summer is officially here! Whether you prefer to spend it tucked away indoors, or bathing in the sun, or just enjoying an extra excuse to eat ice cream, have we got a fantastic event for you! The bells for Togashi High ring out, and while you may be out of class for summer, there’s stil one month left to go for stuents there. Sign up by creating a high school aged profile for your characters and enjoy some fun freeform RP!

And, as a regular reminder of how we feel about all you fantastic people, Summer Appreciation is here! Don’t forget to thank you favorite mod or admin for all the fantastic work they do, with an extra bit thank you to Roy for putting together the ultra creative Togashi High!

Stay cool everyone!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mother's Day Letters; Spring 2018 event
Topic Started: Apr 1 2018, 01:19 PM (1,133 Views)
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Mother’s Day Letters
It's pretty simple really. You write a letter to your character's mother, in their voice (first or third person, doesn't matter.) whether she is alive and well, beloved, hated, or deceased.

This is an opportunity for some independent growth of character, on your own terms. _______________________________________________________

Rules

• Word limit is 650.
  • You may make one entry per character, and each award will be character specific.
  • Base Reward is 2SP, 5 RP, 500,000 Jenni (bonuses might be earned!)
  • If you overtly (or subtly) troll, you will be penalized.
  • Post entries here (preferably in spoilers) and they will be graded in late Spring.
  • In order to streamline rewards, reward tables will be edited into your post when graded. Please do not edit your post after rewards have been posted, if you attempt to enhance your rewards, you will be caught.
:Shizuku:
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 1 2018, 07:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Virevolte
Member Avatar
Fly me to the moon ♫

Thank you for the event! It was really interesting to try to write that letter, and helped flesh a bit some things I mentionned now and then, in Albe's story.
(I kinda hope that we can grasp how Albe's creepyness shows from time to time ^^)

I must admit that my English was really put to the test though... I hope I didn't make too many mistakes, and that it still makes sense!

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day (Event) everyone!
Spoiler: click to toggle

Rewards

Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 13 2018, 03:48 PM.

S1lverScorp1on5
Member Avatar
If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it. Because in truth, I am that monster.

From Alex

Boots crunched on snow, leaving a trail of footprints away from the center of the strangely flat area. Small pieces of wood dotted the edges, the remains of buildings. They were charred. The sealed letter lay on a small memorial, along with wilted flowers.

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 15 2018, 02:27 PM.

fridaynightpizza
Member Avatar

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 15 2018, 09:32 AM.

S1lverScorp1on5
Member Avatar
If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it. Because in truth, I am that monster.

Edward

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 15 2018, 02:28 PM.

S1lverScorp1on5
Member Avatar

To Mommy

The small folded piece of paper lay in the old, musty home on a shelf. It had never been sent.

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 15 2018, 04:33 PM.

Roy
Member Avatar

Smoke drifted upwards from Roy's mouth as he stared down at the ground. His hands were in his pockets and he looked up at the sky sighing. "I know I don't come around very often. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for a lot of things...I don't think...I wasn't sure I could tell you all of this in person. So I wrote you a letter."

Roy left the note on the headstone along with a bushel of flowers. He leaned down on his knee and put his hand on the stone. He closed his eyes and leaned his head against it. After a few moments he kissed it softly and then got up. Roy said as he walked away. "I'll see you again someday mom. I hope your proud of your son by then."

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 15 2018, 04:35 PM.

Wanderer
Member Avatar
Wanderer, eater of two cakes, taker of threesomes

It was late, again. An easy case at first glance had become the bane of his existence the last few nights in the firm. He was young and lacked practical experience, he knew that and accepted that. He didn't have the sense for solving these types of cold cases as did the veterans in the field but he needed to prove something to himself. It had to be the similarities in this case to which his own mother died that kept him in the office researching. He'd been abandoned on this case by his colleagues as they had more pressing and important cases to work on. Annoyed, he shoved the case files away and pulled a blank sheet of paper and a pen out of a drawer and set them neatly on the the center of the desk. He'd write the letter to his mother after all. He'd hated the idea when it was first brought forth by Fiora to help him clear his head but it'd been days and he was willing to try anything to shake this funk. He began writing surprisingly quickly.

Letter

The seat screeched as the wooden leg dragged across the wooden floor. Genma took a few steps, poured himself a drink and sat back down. He reread the letter three more times before he folded it and put it into an envelope, sealing it without a second's hesitation. He finished his drink. He felt embarrassed by the words the letter contained but...She deserved it. Every word.

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 15 2018, 04:35 PM.

Dante
Member Avatar
Candy flavored Death

Mother

Rexia pulls a lighter from Chelsea's pocket and sets the letter ablaze. "Whatever, like a girl from the garbage could afford to feel." Rexia said throwing the burning letter into the metal garbage can next to Chelsea's desk at the villa. " back to work" Rexia said picking up the clip board and walking away

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 16 2018, 03:31 PM.

Wanderer
Member Avatar
Wanderer, eater of two cakes, taker of threesomes

From his right, an older gentleman smiling as he watched the kids play around the fountain and to his left a couple fighting about something or other. Kurtz noticed the man who'd been yelling at his partner, a woman at least two feet taller than him, had begun to ball his fists in what looked like anger. Kurtz could feel a single drop of sweat beading down the side of his face and we beginning to get nervous. Was this guy going to hit her? She was way larger and more intimidating though...He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. As soon as they opened, the woman and her tiny man were kissing intensely as if nothing had happened. Kurtz let out a deep breath and felt VERY stupid. It wasn't even any of his business anyways. She could have taken him if it came to blows, for sure. He turned his head from it's not so subtle position watching the people sitting in the cafe around him and focused again on the paper before him. He began to write.

Mother

Kurtz folded the letter and surprisingly found himself smiling. He missed his parents? Who knew? He sealed the letter into a simple envelope and in his clear handwriting wrote 'MOTHER' in all capital letters next to the destination address. She'd know it was from him in an instant, she'd trained in identifying handwriting after all. He took in a deep breath and slid the letter into a nearby mailbox then heaved his bag, baseball bat attached and all, and carried on.

Rewards
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Apr 16 2018, 03:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Event Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply