Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aura is invisible?.. Or not.
Topic Started: Jan 17 2018, 06:41 PM (155 Views)
Hermes
No Avatar

Okay, so I was doing a little research on nen and whatnot, in preparation for RPing. Then I sorta just hit an empty valley, when I realized that lore(hunterpedia) does not say whether nen users could naturally perceive aura or not.

Cause In supposedly hides aura, while zetsu or gyo could counter it. So then is aura naturally visible to those who could use nen, or could nen users only feel aura and not actually see it?

Just a little curiosity of mine.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bug in a Bag
Member Avatar

They can see it normally.
Edited by Bug in a Bag, Jan 17 2018, 07:09 PM.

Hermes
No Avatar

But Gon couldn't see Hisoka's hastu in Heaven's Arena till he used Gyo.

But if aura in itself is invisible, then whats the point of in?

Bug in a Bag
Member Avatar

Truth be told, I think it's a stylistic choice for the sake of Togashi, as well as the animators for the anime. By the way it's described normally, the neutral state of Nen is Ten once the nodes are opened, keeping it from flowing out too fast, you know. By that logic then unless the user is using Zetsu they'd be shrouded by a pulsing aura all over their body 24/7. I think the reason this isn't always shown is to make it easier to draw/animate without having to add this effect to any character who can use Nen, and also isn't using Zetsu. Imagine having to add it to entire rooms or auditoriums of users. From a practical standpoint it makes sense; saves time and resources to only use it to point out tense situations or introducing people for the first time and showing they can use Nen.

Therefore, I think it can be assumed that the resting state aura is still supposed to be there, whether it's drawn/animated or not; although, this is just my opinion.

This is exactly the reason In exists: to hide things besides the regular aura a Nen user has to give off. Like say how Hisoka used it to fool Gon.
Edited by Bug in a Bag, Jan 20 2018, 07:19 PM.

Hermes
No Avatar

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply