Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Green Things
Topic Started: Dec 29 2017, 10:35 PM (373 Views)
Dinero
Member Avatar

"Skating park by 6 a clock beat me their" lifting her skateboard in the air looking back aj she said "are you listening" "yea" aj said though more cencerned with what the risedental butlers had to say conserning this crystal across town fetching a high price on the action come monday "Ill beat you their" he said making her blush before jumping in his limo. "Take off" he told his driver while he fixed his focus on this so called rarity on the far side of town. The jewel was now in his 14 year old mind the next big move taking it would be simple. If only he knew where to find it or someone who could possible locate it for him the butler said the name bulliuexanz. he started their asking his driver if he knew of the bulliuexanz family, the family had abtained alot of wealth on the upper north part of the city.

The butler went on to say that they where known to be associated with gang related behavior, had a number of buildings at their disposal, and had a action coming up. Drive me threw the neighborhood aj told the driver deep in thought.

Edited by Dinero, Dec 29 2017, 10:37 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

margrae
Member Avatar
an eternally busy little mango

Jake just got a call from an employer. She wasn’t familiar with this employer. It would be the first time she’s ever accepted anything from this guy but from what her contact said, this might be some easy money so she accepted. The client had called her and told her to meet him at the Skating park of Kal Shin City by 6pm. Which was a problem in itself given that she’s at the other side of the city with no private transportation. Six pm also happens to be the city’s rush hour so she will be needing lots of good luck in order to get there on time.

Jake closed her phone and replaced it in its spot in her coat pocket. She then put down her knapsack on a nearby fire hydrant and rummaged for a specific item. She pulled out a crisp piece of folded paper. It was a map of the city. She needed it this time since she was new to the place and with all due respect to the convenience that modern internet applications have, she’d rather use this piece of relic of past generations to have a wider view of where she ought to go.

The straight line is always the shortest line she remembered someone mention to her before. So with a pencil, she drew a straight line from where she currently was to the point where she was supposed to go. Right, I guess she was going to have to run all the way there since traffic will probably just make the trip even longer than necessary.

She folded her map, tucked it back into her bag and started a brisk pace. She needed to pace herself for this little marathon. After 30 minutes, two near collisions with unsuspecting kindergarteners, and one bicycle crash, she arrives at the venue. She wipes the sweat from her face and waits.

Dinero
Member Avatar

The driver took aj to multiple spots of interest up north, one of the locations seemed to be more occupied then the others. Given the auction was starting tomorrow he figured thats where they where going to keep the jewel. Aj knew getting in would be the easy part he needed reinsurance he was getting out."do you know of any hired hands available" aj asked tge driver.

"Theirs a person of intrest in town today, i think she may be able to help you" the driver said. "Ill give her a call and tell her to meet at the usual location at 6".

"Ok when we get their you can point me in the right direction then take off i wont be needing your help after that"

At 6 aj pulled up in his limo getting out to observe his surroundings he was approached by his school friend "oh so you remebered to come at 6" she said "alright wheres your skate board" aj was thrown off a little sense it had slipped his mind that she would be here at this time.

"Looks like you have alot on your hands" the driver said pointing in the direction of the hired hand which happend to be a female "hey mr. Bulif" ajs friend from school said "hello" the driver said before getting in the limo and driving off".

margrae
Member Avatar

Jake was being very observant since she has never met her contact here in Kal Shin before. All she knew was that the guy also worked as a chauffeur for a prominent family in the city. Over the phone he said “you’ll recognize me by the star-shaped tattoo on my left cheek”. And that is exactly what Jake found arriving a few minutes after she did. The guy got out from a black limo and opened a door for a kid. She raised her hands to hail the man over or at least to show him her presence there when he suddenly gave a few words to a girl the kid he dropped of was now with then got back into the driver seat and drove away.

“Hey!” Jake yelled, trying to catch up to the running vehicle but of course it was in vain. “G’damnit! What the hell!” she yelled, reaching into her pocket for her phone. She quickly dialed his number but he wasn’t picking up. “oh Lord! Mother in heaven! Can anything else go wrong today?” she muttered in frustration. Then noticing the kid he had dropped of and the young girl with him, decided to approach him.

“Excuse me.” she started. “That man with a star-shaped tattoo, your driver, he was supposed to introduce me to my client. Are you him?”

Dinero
Member Avatar

After the limo left the hired hand began on a rant. She began chasing the limo, screaming profanity, calling to her mother in heaven all of which made aj laugh "whats wrong with her" bri questioned laughing along. Aj who quickly realized to situation knrw he was now putting the girl in danger, he would need to remove her from the "excuse me" the hired hand spoke, too late thought aj looking toward the voice. "That man with a star-shaped tattoo, your driver, he was supposed to introduce me to my client. Are you him?".

Aj looked around at the skaters leaving and entering the skate park he needed to come up with something quick. "Ahh yes yes my tutor" aj spoke well rushing from the skatepark with the hired hand in hand "I COMPLETELY FORGOT STUDY TODAY ILL CATCH UP WITH YOU LATER" he yelled to bri. That was a close he tought call bri might have suspected something had another word been said around her, no need to get her in trouble. Huh thats funny bri thought to herself its friday why is he seeing a tutor, bri was a little too smart for her own good.

Once out of sight aj let go and asked the hired hand her name, and any important details he would need to know of her. Aj's demeanor changedas thw walk prolonged, he stood upright with all his core muscles tense, even his voice began to sound more sinister one that wouldnt normally be created by a 14 year old vocal cords. The young boys arua changed into something more ancient as if he himself was a different person.

They began walking north aj having already swept the area dodged danger areas that might cause problems, "i know you have questions but before we began" aj said looking up at the building in front of him "do you think you could help, obtain an item with me". The next course of action all depended on her answer, one of which could chance the very future of the world as they knew it.

Edited by Dinero, Dec 30 2017, 01:22 PM.

margrae
Member Avatar

“My name is Jake. Just Jake.” She began. “AJ, huh. I assume that’s short for something but its okay if you want to remain a little bit more mysterious. That’s quite common in this line of work.” She commented, trying to match his pace. ”Wow! For a kid, he sure does walk fast.” she thought to herself. AJ led her northwards. Past shops, office buildings, restaurants, and finally to a more secluded part of town. If she was an ordinary girl, she’d be suspicious as hell, being brought to a place like this. But she wasn’t an ordinary girl. She had confidence that she could handle anything that came her way. After all, her master from the mountains did teach her everything she needed to know about nen and how to defend herself. Just in case, she used Zetsu to tone down her aura. From years of experience, she learned that it was always a plus to act like you know less than you do. Plus, in zetsu, she would look less appealing to hostile entities and be passed up as dead meat. At least, from her experience.

She scanned the surroundings trying to see what could possibly be of interest in the place. There wasn’t much except an old dilapidated building that looked like it withstood a better part of the city’s long history. She resisted the urge to send out her en to see what lay waiting in the building. Doing so could alert things that she wouldn’t want to meet. Turns out it was a good decision not to do so when AJ explained that they were supposed to retrieve some sort of artifact. Could this artifact be in this building? If so, maybe this place was more guarded secure than it looks. It could possibly be crawling with guards. Phew, good thing she vetoed herself from using nen. Now she waited for what other information AJ could provide her about this mission.

Dinero
Member Avatar

"Ill say once more jake, are you capable of retrieving a item of interest" aj said looking down from the top of the building. The sun was on its way out of the sky. It was the beginning of the end of the day, in other words night was approaching. The gleem from the falling son reflected off the glass of the building which seemed to shine golden as the sun scraped the horizon.

It was getting late if they where going to successfully infiltrate the grounds aj would need to go over the plan with jake being fully alert. In was an in and out job as far as aj saw but things are never as easy as the seemed. Aj already knew the where abouts and knew how guarded the area was it was only a matter of time before the item would be in his hands. The time to strike would be midnight under the light of the moon.

margrae
Member Avatar

As the sun set, they climbed to the top of the building as if they belonged there. She was surprised the baddies were not alerted to their presence but who was she to question a free pass?

She was somewhat insulted that a kid questioned her capabilities at successfully doing this mission. Nevertheless, she put on her best smile and answered, “of course, sir. I am nothing but the best.”

They hid behind the building’s huge exhaust stack while waiting for their time to strike at midnight. As she sat there awkwardly with the boy, she brought out a tube of potato crisps, took one, and offered the pack to the boy. “Want some? It’s something to do while we wait.” She graced him with a slight smile.

After a little while, she began to feel thirsty. She took out a vacuum flask, opened the lid and took a big satisfying gulp of the hot tea she had. She then flipped the top, filled it with tea and offered it to the boy. “You’re welcome to this as well.” She smiled again.

After a few minutes, she began to feel the need to relieve herself. Uh-oh… this was not good. It was not like she could just stroll downstairs to the toilet without being seen. She decided that the best way to do this was on the roof. She ducked behind a different exhaust stack and called out to the boy. “Don’t go near here, ok?” and proceeded to do her business.

The next few hours were uneventful. She passed the time doing mental exercises until it was midnight and the time for action was at hand.

Dinero
Member Avatar

Once aj received verification that jake was ready for the job he proceeded in to one of the many bussinesses his father owned. It happened to be a hotel but they werent here to get a rom"Greetings Master Acollo" the security said with a slight bow before the two entered an elevator. Before the elevater doors closed aj waved back to the worker, they arrived at the top floor which was aj's familys personal pint house available for use whenever. They walked to a staircase leading to the roof " after you" he told jake as he opened the door to the helicopter pad.

Here he gave jake a pair of binoculars and pointed out the location of intrest. The warehouse were the action was supposed to be held, the location of the priceless green jewel. It was time to act the sky had turned a dark blue as night began to fall over the city "nothing more then a few guards" aj said noting "shouldnt be too hard". Once the plan had been scripted they headed to the location leaving the building same as they came.

"Not much of a walk from here" aj said keeping calm entering into a natural state of zetsu. The two lurked in the shadows covered by the night sky it was now approaching midnight the time to strike."want something while we wait" jake asked aj who declined wuth a smirk nothing out of a bag he thought. Aj watched the building from an eagles eye attempting to locate the most promising entrance "your welcomed to this as well" jake said startling aj who brushed off her offer.

"Oke it seems like their is a window open just two guards in the way of our entree point, one in roation under them" aj said taking a breath before continuing "we just have to take the two out silently with out the third guards awarness" piece of cake aj thought looking over to what he thought was his partner yet was just a stray dog werstling with the nearby bushes. " dont go near here" jake said in the distance which caused aj to begin to wonder was she the right choice seemed as though jake was a little too relaxed in this type of situation.

Jake returned with the look of relief writen over her face going over mental exercises he hadnt heard since the forth grade. The three guards where now in conversation as though they didn't have a job to do, seemed like the third gaurd was going for a luch break, the time to attack for before them "lets go" aj said " you take the guard on the left i got the one on the right".

margrae
Member Avatar

AJ called for them to attack just as the third guard had disappeared into the darkness beyond. She hurried as quietly as she could towards what AJ said was her target. She used Zetsu to reinforce her stealth and gently unsheathed her bolos. She rushed behind the roving guard and used her Abaniko Slicer on the poor unsuspecting weakling. Down he went in a spray of blood and gore. He would have been hacked halfway in two if not for Jake using the blunt side of her blades. Bless her tender soul! Unluckily though, the third guard was still within earshot and heard the commotion. “Hey!” Jake heard him in the distance as he rushed towards her.

“Saint Salamanders! Why am I always the unlucky one?” she muttered to herself as she wrapped 60% of her aura evenly around her body (Ken) and used the rest as Shuu on both of her bolos. The guard also unsheathed a sword and raised it high. She placed her arms in its initial position, right bolo over right shoulder and left fist resting halfway on the rights forearm, and when she was close enough for contact, swung both bolos upwards as the sword came crashing down on her. Being the heavier weapon and with the aid of ken, she was able to break the sword in half, its tip flying away into the darkness.

Her opponent stepped back, panting.

Jake too stepped back and assessed the opponent's next move.
Edited by margrae, Jan 13 2018, 09:49 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kal-Shyn City · Next Topic »
Add Reply