Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[Incomplete]Mr. 6; The Red 90
Topic Started: Dec 27 2017, 08:45 PM (235 Views)
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

It was 10 PM exactly when the ice cream truck turned onto Abby Street; it’s familiar music causing nearly everyone to glance up in confusion. Not only was it late in the city’s business district, but it was winter. Steam rose from the sewer vents and holiday lights cast a strange glow on the relatively empty street as the truck rolled to a stop in it’s center. Various shops were closing and last minute shoppers were hurrying about; college students on their way to a party and an older married couple just had their fiftieth anniversary dinner. All of them paused to see the driver step out onto the street and bring the radio to their masked face.

“Ladies and gentlemen." his charismatic voice blasted through the truck's exterior sound system; cutting the music off entirely. "Thank you for your cooperation in this live training session. Without folks like you, the Hunter’s Association wouldn’t be able to save lives that matter.”

The truck’s back door burst open and a large creature lumbered out. It’s jaws opened wide in what could only be described as a coughing snarl, before snapping it’s teeth a few times. A grizzly-croc. It was a well known fact that the furry reptiles were only found in one place; North Domyn. Home of that insane environmental government organization on Esania’s neighboring continent. A few college students screamed while a business owner started to run. The hulking beast was on him less than two seconds. Many watched in horror as the foreign animal crushed his skull like a grape before twisting around to hiss at on-lookers. It was clearly agitated.

Posted Image
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Dec 27 2017, 08:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jinjaku
Member Avatar

*Vibrate* *Vibrate* Blinking eyes shifted left to right as the figure raised from its place of slumber sitting up on the bed, its arm fumbling about on the bedside table until it finally clutched onto the object it was feeling around for. Flipping the cellular device open, he saw he had received a message. Frowning in confusion, he glanced at the time displayed in the small corner of the screen and his scowl deepened as he saw it was quite late, half eleven p.m to be exact.

Reading the contents of the message, it read Jin we're in need of your expertise. There's been a murder and as far as we can tell it won't be stopping anytime soon. This is an extermination mission, we'll send the location in a moment. SO GEAR UP!! Springing from his sitting position, Jin went about his safehouse gathering his equipment, once that was done, he sent a text to the sender letting them know he was on his way. Grabbing his motorcycle helmet and keys before heading out, *Vibrate* this caused Jin to pause momentarily before he continued towards his bike before starting up the engine and racing through the near silent night.

As he arrived at the location sent to him via text, what he saw caused him to be wary as he observed the blood coated street. Closing his eyes in sorrow and remorse Jin sent a prayer to the lost souls he was too late to save. Taking his eyes off the dead bodies, he noticed a couple of students who looked like they had been heading for a night out, a temporary view flashed through his mind of him as one of the students living a care-free life, one where he wasn't a renown assassin or former assassin by the age most teens were worried about who they were going to take to the prom.

Shaking his head, he quickly cleared those thoughts before he made his way to the students, as he helped calmed them down they began telling him what had transpired that night, taking in all the information he was given. Jin thanked them before assuring them he would get the one responsible for this.

With that, Jin took off following whatever tracks he was able to, it had taken the better half of an hour but he had managed to track down the beast to a nearby meat factory, drawing his knives Jin made sure he used his stealth to its full capacity as he skulked through the dark building making sure he kept his noise to an absolute minimum. However as fate would have it, he had managed to kick a piece of bone in his hast to be quiet, this action caused the beast to turn to his location before it let out a weird roar, reminiscent to the sound of a bear. "Shit" was all he could get out as the beast lunged at him throwing him out of the building as it tried to bite his head off while using its large claws to scratch the skin of his bones. "Aghh! You sonovabitch, not only do you need a tick-tac you need to die also." Jin bellowed at the beast which let out a roar in response.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KitsuneUrsaVision
No Avatar

Hinata was walking down the snow and ice-covered streets, practicing his yo-yo as usual, because it being a bit heavier than a normal yo-yo it would make a THUMP as it hit the ground. It was night with a thick layer of clouds covering the sky. Hinata was in a thick parka jacket he had been given by his mother as a present for the holidays.
He saw Police tape and huge group of people screaming and yelling at the police who were around the district. Hinata walked up deciding to see what was going on.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!” a man yelled
“I NEED TO GET IN THERE TO OR I’LL BE LATE FOR MY SHIFT” a younger male said.
“PEOPLE PLEASE REMAIN CALM!” a policeman yelled on a megaphone. “The area you are concerned about is currently under investigation!”
“WHAT IS GOING ON IN THERE?!” a woman asked
“The information about the inside of the district is currently under investigation and will be intel we feel safe and necessary to give out to the public!” the police man yelled. This gave Hinata the urge to ‘investigate’.

Hinata ran to another part of the district to see if anyone was there. He saw an area that seemed open and have less police force near it, he headed for that area. Inside he was shocked and horrified to see piles of dead bodies everywhere, the sight caused him to vomit from disgust, but he mustered enough strength to push forward and continue to see what was going on. He kept looking seeing nothing but dead bodies what seemed odd was either all of them had either teeth marks or claw marks, but he did not recognize what kind of animal it was. It was then he discovered an ice cream truck and thought it to be weird an ice cream would be out in the open in the middle of winter. He then decided to look at the ice cream truck from the outside and peak into the windows of it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

The windows had frosted over since the ice cream truck had come to a stop, and it was impossible to see what was inside. If Hinata decided to brave it and open a door, he would the interior relatively unremarkable. The only thing that stood out were two numbers spray painted onto the vehicle’s ceiling. “9” and “0”.

Meanwhile, the grizzly-croc’s teeth flashed in the moonlight just before it moved to bite at Jin’s face. Only it never moved. The Hunter would see a flash of movement as something large and extremely fast seemed to slice through the animal’s skull. The grizzly-croc’s eyes stared at nothing and it’s features froze mid-snarl. A hundred meters away, a huge crane exploded from the mortar’s impact as the large creature slid off Jin and landed on it’s side; a visible hole through it’s head. With cinematic-like timing, the crane creaked, groaned, and snapped in half. It’s huge pieces fell into the city river with tremendous force. Just opposite the devastation knelt a middle-aged man with an M224 on his shoulder. He lowered it’s muzzle and got to his feet before walking over to Jin and offering his free hand to help to man up.

“The ones responsible are about to do the same thing on the other side of town. Let’s go.” He was dressed in some form of urban camoflague and had a military hair cut. The man was quite tall and well built, his eyes were kind but serious. A black humvee waited nearby.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jinjaku
Member Avatar

Jin's breath was caught in his throat as he watched the beasts gleaming rows of teeth each one as sharp as miniature daggers waiting to sink into his flesh and much on his bones. As he waited for the inevitable bite of death, the wait seemed to go one forever until he realised something was wrong and that death wasn't on it's way not just yet.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jin saw something fast, incredibly fast and large slice all the way through the beast skull leaving him covered in the blood of the animal, Jin couldn't do anything but blink in shock as he had anticipated his death only mere minutes ago. Jin shuffled slightly causing the animal to slide off of him, Jin just stared at the visible hole right in the beast skull as he attempted to piece together what had happened now that the shock had surpassed. He was now at full alert and was ready for anything, he had his knives ready at the edge of his sleeves as he sensed a nearby presence, this turned out to be a middle-aged man but Jin knew he wasn't your average middle-aged man as he carried a military grade M224 on his shoulder.

The man moved with experience, wasting none of his movements as he offered a hand to help Jin up. Jin himself looked at the hand then to the man before allowing the man to help him up, while he was wary of the man, he wasn't past showing gratitude. There was a silence as Jin gazed at the man, and he was sure the man was assessing him as well before the man spoke. “The ones responsible are about to do the same thing on the other side of town. Let’s go.”

"I've got a few questions but I'm sure those can wait till this is all over, so you got a ride?" Jin questioned as he followed the man only to see a black humvee nearby. *Well, I guess that answers the question.* Jin thought before walking over to his bike. Looking over at the man, Jin called out to him. "I'll follow you on my bike, and the names Jin Daniels."
Offline Profile Goto Top

KitsuneUrsaVision
No Avatar

Hinata was trying to be cautious after seeing the area around him. He didn't know if what ever did this was still in the area. He held onto his yo-yo to be safe. He looked around and the paces of body and bloody corpses in the area, using all of his strength to keep from vomiting. He knew he would have to deal with death if he wanted to be a hunter but this was not exactly what he had in mind.

He looked around to see if there was anything that would tell him who or what the killer was. He then heard foot steps comming from around the corner, not knowing if it was the thing that did this or not he decided to hide in an alleyway with his yo-yo ready. As he hid behind it a man came up with a flash light in his face.

"HEY KID YOU SHOULDN'T-!" he yelled but was stopped by Hinata's yo-yo hitting him in the face. After the flash light dropped Hinata realized he hit a cop. Hinata grew pale knowing when this cop woke up he would be in serious trouble. He decided to leave but the radio on the cop's belt interested him.

"bzzzzzzzt" there was some slight static in this area what the message was actually saying was "Station to all members, there's a what seems to be a masked man on top of the building who is armed with a canon or some kind of projectile. We advice all police force to stay away. We have been notify there are hunters who should be getting there!" but the static made it "All members, there's a masked man on a building who is armed. Notify hunters should be getting there!"

This made Hinata interested, even though he was not a hunter he was still very interested and decided to join any hunters who might be there
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

“Daniels. Roger that. I go by Six. Mr. Six.” The soldier nodded and climbed into the humvee. As he followed the man, Jin would notice smoke rising from a part of the city and a few areas without power. Street lights were out and buildings stood tall and silent while police sirens wailed from various locations. Traffic was practically non-existent and the few pedestrians that Jin saw were huddled together in the shadows. As they got closer to the Museum of History, they would pass a fire truck laying on it’s side while a hydrant gushed water. Smoldered remains of several police officers littered the sidewalk and what was once the Citizens Financial Bank was now a partial wall and a huge pile of rubble. Mr. Six’s humvee veered to the left suddenly and parked. The man quickly got out with two semi-automatic rifles and approached Jin. He held one out to the former assassin and spoke with urgency,

“They’ve apprehended one, but there’s another renegade Hunter with some kind of canon. From the looks of things, it’s a missile launcher. Low-grade but enough to do some damage. Most of the city’s law enforcement is either engaged or..” He nodded to a nearby charred corpse. "This kind of attack is dangerous on a whole new level. Know anything about Hunters?” Mr. Six slapped a magazine into his weapon and took a dozen more from the duffle bag in the back of his humvee to stuff them into his pockets.

+++++++++++++++++++++

As Haru made his way out of the GrizzlyCroc crime scene he would overhear two more officer’s confirming their new orders.

“Roger that, History Museum. We’re on our way. Over.”

“Copy that.”

The pair exchanged a look. “Looks like the donuts will to wait Steve.” “Dammit, Tonight’s a real shit storm.” The cruiser doors slammed shut and they sped off with lights flashing.

For Haru, it meant traveling five blocks on foot unless he found a faster way. His arrival was an untimely one; the crazed man on the museum’s rooftop had been sweeping the area for new targets and he spotted the boy with yo-yos.
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Jan 8 2018, 09:13 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jinjaku
Member Avatar

As the man turned to enter his Humvee, Jin strapped on his helmet "Mr.six huh, interesting guy." Jin muttered to himself with a small grin before revving his engine. Following behind Six he noticed the growing smoke rising from a part of the city, he also took note of the fact that some areas seemed to be experiencing blackouts.

"Damn, this may turn into a bigger thing than we all expected if we don't hurry and solve this mess quickly."
Jin thought to himself as he glanced at the state of devastation around him. He was brought out his thoughts when Six veered left and parked all of a sudden. Jin then manoeuvred his bike towards the parking spot nearby the Humvee before he was approached by the veteran soldier who took out two semi-automatics before handing one to Jin. Looking at the gun and then to the man, he raised an eyebrow in question, his answer was soon answered as the veteran spoke.

“They’ve apprehended one, but there’s another renegade Hunter with some kind of canon. From the looks of things, it’s a missile launcher. Low-grade but enough to do some damage. Most of the city’s law enforcement is either engaged or..” He nodded to a nearby charred corpse. "This kind of attack is dangerous on a whole new level. Know anything about Hunters?” "Shit.. this definitely won't be easy, ah well I'm always up for a challenge. My missions have been too easy nowadays anyways." Jin replied and seemed to have finished what he had wanted to say only to continue as he had just processed the last question. "Hmm, I've encountered a few during my missions. They're a skilled bunch I'll give'em that."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

“This one’s skilled alright.” The sergeant muttered before locking and loading. “It’s hard to say whether or not this Hunter has the “abilities” that many from that Association seem to have.. the carnage here could have just as easily been caused by a man-made weapon. Be on guard, Daniels. My gut tells this guy might be using that canon as a decoy. There’s also a chance he’s not working alone.”

The solider brought a hand to the radio device he wore on one ear. “Roger that. Will move into position.” Looking at Jin again, he explained, “Back up is on the way. I think it’s best we go with near far approach, I’ll get in close while you tail me fifty yards back and 30 yards after. They will expect us to come from different directions but if he targets me, you’re still in the clear.” Mr. 6 shifted his weight and eyed Jin for a moment. “That Hunter’s waiting for us. Don’t get too cocky. Those guys are very bad news.”

With that, the sergeant nodded and began to make his way into the shadows. He kept close to the buildings and tread lightly while stepping over and around debris. Whenever possible, he would take cover behind a staircase or a trashcan. After a minute he’d reached the end of the block and slowly peered around the corner. The bank was three blocks down. He could barely make out part of it’s rooftop and withdrew himself back to where he stood completely hidden. A beat. Crouched low, Mr. 6 hastened to across the street and paused behind a parked car. No one fired. He glanced at Jin and began to make his way up the street with extreme caution.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S1lverScorp1on5
Member Avatar
If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it. Because in truth, I am that monster.

Very Incomplete: -40%

Reward Table
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Mr. 6
Standard Reward
1 SP, 2.5 RP, 200,000 Jenni
Content Bonus
Excellent Content (45%)
Effort Bonus
Great Effort (15%)
Event Bonus
X
Mission Bonus:
X
Arc Bonus:
X
Mentorship Bonus
X
Total Rewards: 1 SP, 3 RP, 240,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
List of Used Consumables:

Reward Table
Member Name:
Jinjaku
Character Name:
Jin Daniels
Standard Reward
0.75 SP, 1.875 RP, 150,000 Jenni
Content Bonus
Great Content (30%)
Effort Bonus
Great Effort (15%)
Event Bonus
X
Mission Bonus:
X
Arc Bonus:
X
Mentorship Bonus
X
Total Rewards: 1 SP, 2 RP, 157,500 Jenni
--IC Notes--

Reward Table
Member Name:
KitsuneUrsaVision
Character Name:
Hinata Sato
Standard Reward
0.5 SP, 1.25 RP, 100,000 Jenni
Content Bonus
Good Content (15%)
Effort Bonus
Good Effort (5%)
Event Bonus
X
Mission Bonus:
X
Arc Bonus:
X
Mentorship Bonus
X
Total Rewards: 1 RP, 80,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--

This topic has gone incomplete and has been closed for one of a number of reasons:
  • One or more posters has gone inactive for a long time.
  • At the thread creator's request.
  • Site staff have deemed this thread has broken site rules.

Rewards will still be given (except in the final case) but this thread is over.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Esanian Continent · Next Topic »
Locked Topic