Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

Summer is officially here! Whether you prefer to spend it tucked away indoors, or bathing in the sun, or just enjoying an extra excuse to eat ice cream, have we got a fantastic event for you! The bells for Togashi High ring out, and while you may be out of class for summer, there’s stil one month left to go for stuents there. Sign up by creating a high school aged profile for your characters and enjoy some fun freeform RP!

And, as a regular reminder of how we feel about all you fantastic people, Summer Appreciation is here! Don’t forget to thank you favorite mod or admin for all the fantastic work they do, with an extra bit thank you to Roy for putting together the ultra creative Togashi High!

Stay cool everyone!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How To Start RPing
Topic Started: Dec 26 2017, 10:26 AM (387 Views)
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

:Jump: So you’re making a character or they just got approved, NICE!
If you’re clueless as to how to actually get going,
here are some things I find really helpful:

1. Think about your character. NOT their powers, skills, abilities. The number one RP killer is too much focus on the nen. More often than not, people find it challenging to write stories with their super cool powered character and end up quitting. They never even got to use their special nen. Don’t let this happen to you.

• What’s driving them? Are they are civilian looking for that special someone or just a regular paycheck? If they want to be a Hunter, what’s motivating them? Why? What does this look like day to day?
  • Do they have any weaknesses? Allergies, aversions, serious character flaws, deep-seated fears? What sort of things do they love? Do they have an obsession perhaps?
Those things can actually build the premise of a plot in and of themselves. You can create situations that cater to those attributes! These are some of the easiest ways to get excited about role playing and to see a thread through to the very end.

2. Read THIS. It was tailored specifically to help you once your character is finished. It seems that many new comers overlook this information.

3. In case you decided not to read it, it says:

-Consider posting a want ad.
-Think about taking on a mission.
-Check out the mentor system! You can get a sensai, sempai, maybe even a date!
-See the current events. Maybe there’s a cool desert palace adventure you can participate in!

4. Get brave and reach out. Most RPers like it when you come to them with an idea. What I do is scope out the site, see who’s posted recently (to avoid sending messages to members who might have left) and have a look at their character(s). I try to look for ways to connect my character with theirs.. sometimes I might find they share similar interests or goals. Other times, I imagine up a plot that would stimulate their character. It’s flattering to have someone approach you with an idea customized for your character. More often than not, people say yes.

These are just a few quick suggestions that can be expanded on if need be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RamenNoodles
Member Avatar

One totally useless tip from me ^^"

Follow the Correct Person
This tip is very general, but if you follow the wrong person, you would get into a wrong path. And with that, even if you go active RPing for 10 years, you would still be at the same spot, or worse. This applies generally in life also, following a bad or incompetent person would f*** up your life in one way or another.

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

I've heard this advice before too, only RP with active people.. Etc. I've been doing this for years and I've seen a lot. There's usually no way to really know if you can rely on someone or not. It's mostly bravery on your part mixed with some effort and luck. I've had the best results when I aim for a story idea that holds my own interest as well as appeals to the other person's character.

Even then it's a toss up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Suggestive Input · Next Topic »
Add Reply