Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

Shiver me timbers! Winter is upon us! Time to bundle up, get yourself a cup of hot cocoa, and saddle up for some winter adventures!

As the season, we have a handful of events for all you lovely lads and lasses to embody the spirit of the season. First is our spirit of giving and appreciation, smashed together with however it is you and your character feel about the going on’s of the winter wonderland (or maybe they see it as a frozen wasteland?) The Winter Appreciation and Solo Event includes our gift to all of you, and a solo event, to help your characters shine both inside and out! Aside from our usual appreciation bonus, the thread will also offer a bonus for solo’s involving each of your characters!

Also, in the spirit of giving we’re opening a second, or third for those of you that noticed I already combined two in one, event for you to help give back to the site. Our Season of Giving event asks that members give back to the site by donating ideas for missions in exchange for feeling good about themselves, and thus, receiving bonuses.

I suppose that’s all for now my friends. We hope you enjoy the seasons events, and the growth your characters may experience during the winter months!

~ הּWestborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Urchin Soup [G-Rank]; for Krunch
Topic Started: Nov 1 2017, 07:05 PM (164 Views)
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Mission
When Krunch arrived at the Watts Estate, he would notice the odd and extragant assortment of décor; ranging from ancient Japponese murals to mermaid statues that once bedecked the jibs of Kakin pirate ships. Precious stones of all colors lined every doorway, arching grandly and glittering. The place was a hideous nightmare of lavish treasures all on display; ornate to the one hundredth degree.

“Hunter shmunter, I don’t give a damn, John!”

“It’s James, old man! For crying out loud you’re practically senile. How can you possibly get them yourself if you can’t find your way out of the kitchen!”

Voices from down the hall would draw Krunch’s attention, the name of his client in particular. A laddle clattered into the hallway followed by more yelling.

“I might not know what day of the week it is Mr. Watts but I know my way around the Roaln waters! Just because you hired some young gun with a title doesn’t mean they know how to fetch the Greater White Urchins. You realize there’s a whole mess of White Urchins down there, don’t you? I doubt anyone outside my lineage could even tell the difference!”

“Not with the lineage again, listen Robert I’M TRYING TO SAVE MY WIFE ALRIGHT?”

A handsome man stormed out of the kitchen and nearly collided with Krunch.

“Oh! You must be the Hunter! Thank God. I ..I have everything you need! If you could follow me sir?” James Watts hastened down to the end of the overly adorned hall and opened a door. Once Krunch entered, he would close it and begin speaking in hushed tones while rifling through an expensive-looking desk. Skulls and masks lined the walls along with spears, rifles, swords and other rare objects. “Matilda.. my wife. Her condition is worse now. At first it was just a fever and the strange markings..the ones like in the old books. But now.. strange, plant-like tendrils have started to ..break through her stomach..and back. The books don’t mention anything about that. I’m worried she might die soon. Every minute counts.”

The wealthy man crossed the room and placed a small leather journal in Krunch’s hands. “This contains every know detail about the Greater White Urchins. They are the final part of Maltida’s remedy. I’ve gathered everything else including the unborn monkey weasel eyes. Please sir. I’m counting on you. One hundred thousand Jenni as discussed.” A check was placed on top of the journal in Krunch’s hands. “The remaining half will be wired instantly when you come back the Urchins. Please hurry. My private airship is outside waiting for you.”

Only information of the Urchins in the journal

Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Nov 2 2017, 07:05 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paradox
Member Avatar

Krunch had arrived at his destination via taxi and would walk into the large estate being let in by security flashing his hunter license to them and telling them his name. Walking through the nicely decorated estate he looked at all the ornaments on the wall and immediately started sizing them up seeing all this valuable loot just laying around. Krunch soon stopped himself shaking his head it was an old habit he had he was used to just taking anything that met his fancy it's kinda weird even now to be on the opposite side of things still it's just something he's gonna have to get used too.

Hearing a conversation not far off drew Krunches attention and he started to head over only to almost bump into someone coming quickly but almost is an understatement Krunch knew someone was coming and just overplayed that they were going to bump into each other. He noticed how quickly the man spoke and how frantic his voice was this man was clearly in distress and obeyed this man quickly and with post haste.

Not really saying anything Krunch hands in his pockets walked along until they got to where they needed to be.

Coming across the room they needed to be in Krunch just looked around more at all the cool stuff hanging on the wall he wanted to take a couple mask off the walls and try them on but that would probably be rude so he suppressed his urge for now before his ear was talked off into a storm before he was given a book and a check. Krunch lifted a brow and put the check back on the desk and just took the book before turning around and heading back out "Don't need money, I'll take this and that old man you were arguing with. The sea air could be good for him and he could be useful to me." Krunch doesn't really care about the money and it was peanuts for him anyway such a low amount all he wanted really was the Sea urchins he was going to collect more than 3 and just sell the rest off to other people for more money and of course for himself to dine on.

Krunch went over to the airship like he was supposed to and waited for the old man to arrive before he took off to go fishing.

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Huffing and puffing, a spritely old man climbed into the cabin and seated himself next to Krunch. He was remarkably thin, his dark skin a collection of sagging wrinkles; all of them clinging to his well defined bones. A tuft of white hair on the top of his head stood out in stark contrast in addition to his two bushy and very white eyebrows. “So look at you. Young and fully of life. Enjoy it son..” A boney finger pointed at Krunch even though they were sitting next to one another. “I’ve seen plenty of your type burn themselves out in no time flat! Heh heh.”

The helicopter lifted and rose into the air just as Mr. Watts came running from the manor. “DAMMIT RICHARD! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING? YOU INSANE OLD MAN!!! WHO’S GOING TO MAKE LUUUUUNCH!!!!”

The chef laughed and waved farewell to his wealthy employer as the craft sped off. Turning back to Krunch, the old man extended a wrinkled hand. “Richard Fear. At your service.” Suddenly remembering something, he dug into his white chef coat and produced a pair of candies. “I managed to grab some of these. Illegal but just what we need. Heh heh. You recognize 'em?” A single bushy white eyebrow lifted with playful anticipation. The old man was feeling lively as ever.

An hour passed and another. Eventually the helicopter zoomed over a dark choppy sea with cliffs in the distance. As they approached, Krunch would notice carvings in the cliff face.

Posted Image
Skulls and people with suffering faces…quite ominous despite the blue sky and bright sun. “Ah. Brings me back to my boyhood days..” Richard rubbed his hands together. “Set us down there!” He hollered to the pilot. “No shit sir..” The latter grumbled. Where the hell else was he going to land the chopper?

*Note - You can decide what the "candies" are!

Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Nov 7 2017, 08:55 AM.

Paradox
Member Avatar

Boarding the airship Krunch made his way to the cabin and sat down the old chef coming up with glee in his eye Krunch could tell that he doesn't get out much. "Nice to meet you sir names Krunch." seeing the sudden change in his expression the old man began to dig around in his pockets and pulled out little round chocolate covered balls the scent hit his nose and he immediately knew what they were "That's old school old timer you show your age showing me these." Krunch picked one up and examined it closely "Cocoa Tumblers if I am not mistaken originating from the Selvik Desert region around 200 to 300 years ago. " He sniffed it again and picked up more scents "These are the Celvich variant though they have the Gillard berry jam filling, so that is where you trained these were popular around 40 to 50 years ago now not many people know how to make em like this anymore truly a rarity now is this a recipe you learned in your school days or did a friend make them for you? I would like to know how or who made these for you if you don't mind telling."

Krunch is very well versed in narcotic cooking and is a walking encyclopedia of very old school banned recipes and cooking methods. Thanks to his time with his bandit brothers who cooked meals with such euphoric effects it is said to rival food fit for gods a style of cooking known as Black recipes highly addicting and mind-altering frowned upon for it basically being like drug recipes combine ingredients to get a certain effect but often have very taxing side effects the most common being the destruction of one's taste buds and an appetite causing someone to feel constantly hungry and not being able to satisfy this hunger with normal food only to feel momentarly satisfied by eating more Black recipes to ease the hunger.

Continuing to talk shop with the old man Krunch decided to save the rare treats till after the mission is complete he doesn't like to eat when he's on the job as his Bandit mentor used to enforce a hunger fast before any major raiding to make sure they were in their best shape a practice to which Krunch still performs to this day.

Arriving to their destination Krunch looked out the window and saw the strange formations and didn't really get to freaked out by it he just wondered what this place was. Once on touchdown Krunch exited with Mr. Fear and looked toward the old man asking him "So tell me about these urchins everything you know about em give me all this knowledge in you're head before I go out for a swim."

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

“A friend made them for me.” Came the answer when Krunch asked about the delicacies. The old man’s expression was somber one. For the remainder of their journey he nodded and listened with great interest as the Hunter continued to chat about darker culinary traditions passed down through the generations.

”The Greater White Urchins, yes yes.. mmmhm.” Richard Fear, former coastal guardian and now chef of the wealthy Watts estate tapped his chin as they stood atop the sheer cliffs. “They’re uncommon. Only about ten of ‘em. Bet ya didn’t find that on the old interweb did ya?” Laughing, the old man wiggled a bony finger at the Hunter. “Although your knowledge impresses me, boy. Those tumblers were a test…and yas passed.” A bushy white brow quirked upward as the wrinkled face of Chef Fear smiled knowingly. “The Greater Whites grow in one area.. it’s the only way to tell ‘em apart from the others.. a lotta folks try to sell the lesser whites for big jenni. Once they’re opened, it’s plain to see they ain’t what ya paid for. At least, to the trained eye.” The old man winked to emphasize his eye was a trained one. A breeze blew his white tuft of hair as well as Krunch’s; the wild silvery mane whipped about as the pair stood on the high precipice.

“Somethin’ guards ‘em. A big fella. It’s been told that he and the Urchins feed one another somehow… them little things can’t ingest a full-sized man, but they tend to stick ‘em and hold ‘em if ya ain’t careful. Folks guessed it was for the big guy. Why else would he stick around that one place.. and survive? Heh. Don’t underestimate the urchin’s poison, boy.” Richard leaned closer to the young Hunter and spoke in a low voice (entirely unnecessary but dramatic nonetheless) , “it don’t take many pricks to getcha.” Standing tall again, the animated chef returned to his boisterous tone, “But ya knew all that, didn’t yas? From the book, eh? Well, what it don’t say is that the Fear fish are real slippery devils. Covered in gel. Hard to catch ‘em.”

Peeling off his shirt, the old man stretched his arms across his chest. “I can take yas as far as the reef, but my duty is to the misses. She aint’ got long..” Richard’s eyes dulled and his posture went slack for a moment. “I aim to make her days bearable, but the misses will die without them Great White Urchins, boy.” Turning to Krunch, the skeleton of a man eyed him with a certain amount of curiosity and disdain. Sure the youngster knew about the cocoa tumblers, but he didn’t know squat about the Roaln coast. A moment later, Mr. Fear dove off the cliff to free fall four hundred and fifty feet before plunging into the dark sea.
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Nov 27 2017, 09:49 PM.

Paradox
Member Avatar

Krunch crept over to the edge of the cliffside and looked out into the dark sea gasping in its wake and taking in the salty sea breeze. Krunch kneeling down by the edge looked down listening to the old man's explanation he contently listened to all his info about the creatures until he saw the old man dive straight down the cliff to which Krunch just watched him plummet all the way down. Krunch waited to see if the old man would float up which he did and begun swimming away at first Krunch thought it was a corpse floating away but soon saw that the old man didn't die.

Taking off everything save his cool beach themed boxer briefs he took a couple generous steps back before getting a running head start and leaping as far as he could out before he himself plummets to the dark sea. Krunch hit the water and thought of a very interesting thought as he came started to swim up to the surface "How am I supposed to carry these things back?" but he will try to cross that bridge when he gets to it for now he will simply swim behind the old man before he is on his own to gather the little treats he wondered what they would taste like and how much they would go for as well.

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

“How long can you can hold your breath?” Richard swam over to meet Krunch, somehow the old man’s tuft of white hair had managed to stay dry. “.. the bed of Greater Whites is way deep down there! Most folks die trying!” At this the boney chef let loose a crazy laugh. “Of course we Fears don’t die. Since I like you, I’m going to let you in on a little secret.” Treading water a bit closer to the Hunter, he continued in a low voice, “No one knows about the sea cave, boy. It’s just a few yards away from the Greater Whites! HEH! It’s right there next to ‘em! Makes things easier..heh HEH!” The chef’s face became serious. “But it’s not easy, son. That’s why they called a Hunter I reckon. That big feller don’t like anyone takin them urchins. They’re how he gets his meals. Watch the fish and they’ll let you know when he’s close. DON’T GET COCKY SON.” The old’s man’s face was inches from Krunch’s, which was even more awkward since they were both treading the ocean’s choppy waters. “That thing down there is ten times worse than anything you could imagine.”

Richard proceeded to float on his back for a moment as he appeared to be thinking. Eyes still gazing skyward, he said, “The Urchins don’t like to be disturbed. You need to be careful son. If you’re gentle and pry ‘em off slow, they won’t stick ya.” A digital tune chimed. Richard continued to float on his back quietly as the sound repeated itself. The third time, he realized it was his phone and retrieved from his speedo. “Sir.” He answered, his face suddenly serious and body rigid. “Understood. Yes Sir.” Ending the call with a bleep, the Watson family chef swam upright and eyed Krunch warily. “Any questions, now’s the time, boy. The misses is getting worse. Them wormy vines won’t stop growin’ out of her. Oh and the sea cave. It’s twenty meters directly east from that skull there.” He pointed up at a lone skeleton head embedded in the stony cliff face. “About ten meters down.. the rock clears out and swim hard boy. You’ll reach the sea cave safe and sound. Hopefully. Only five yards further and you’ll find the Greater Whites.”

Paradox
Member Avatar

Krunch listened intently to the directions and nodded his head and once the old man was finished he took a deep ole breath and plunged himself underneath the water. Krunch listened to everything and once he got just deep enough Munch slithered on out and moved through the water with ease like an eel. Using Munch to quickly swim ahead he would grab on to corral below and pulled himself along not spending too much time underwater Krunch quickly made it to the cave to catch a little breath of air things were going much more smoothly in his mind if anything this should be a breeze for him. Krunch wasn't too worried about whatever was lurking down below he would deal with it accordingly.

Taking a breather in the cave Krunch floated on his back and rubbed his salt-stung eyes a bit from keeping them open underwater. It wasn't the worst feeling he's felt before but it certainly didn't feel good as tears well up in the corner of his eye's Krunch blinked a bit to try and get the salt out before he dove back under. Krunch wondered how many he could get all he has to do is be gentle with em if he wraps em up with Munch and is real careful he should be able to get away with a decent hull but the problem might be going back up he wonders how he might do that but draws up the idea to simply just wait till he crosses that bridge.

Taking a deep breath Krunch dove back under and begun to swim in the direction towards the urchins.

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

It was waiting for the Hunter. James Watts loved his wife dearly but her suffering would bring them untold fame if everything was successful. The cliff attested to the monsters reliability, that much was certain. For years they’d collected hundreds of skulls and now was the moment of glory! To have the head of a Hunter. Of course the eccentric treasure seeker had no desire for Krunch’s head, but the PRESTIGE promised to him by the man in fine clothes. Hedruu. The man not only demonstrated his powerful influence in high society, but threatened to expose James Watts’ morbid past time if he didn’t cooperate. The decision was easy. Now it was just a matter of time before the creature acted. The chef paced the murky lagoon anxious for the black tentacles to emerge with Krunch’s head.

The Unspeakable Deep One.

It didn’t care about the Greater White Urchins, but the monster took advantage of those that came seeking them. The Urchins were actually harmless and kept to themselves; the journal’s contents were mostly lies created to tempt the brave. Those were the only skulls Mr. Watts collected after all.

Hungry and impatient, the dark thing moved closer. A powerful black tentacle would shoot up suddenly beside Krunch as he floated on his back and curl downward again with the Hunter in it’s hooked grip. It would pull him down into the water in less then a second; it’s terrible mouth open and ready to take the first bite.

Unspeakable Deep One (G-Rank)

Paradox
Member Avatar

Krunch caught off guard by the sudden pull down reacted with lighting speed feeling the tentacle on his stomach Munch opened wide and took a massive chomp out of the tentacle eating his way from its grip before quickly performing his own kind of counter-attack. Munch spat out some unchewed squid meat and opened wide twisting itself into a fine point the tongue shot out like a bullet moving like a blade through the water towards the massive creature. Krunch wanted to pierce the organs of the creature he just needed to poke a hole and wiggle itself and run amok in its body stabbing everything inside. Krunch's eye's burned with the salt water and the sudden abruptness that he was dragged down he had just exhaled he would need to start swimming back to the surface to catch his breath soon.

But something went through his mind Krunch felt like this was the lair of the squid-like anyone who would come here would be devoured by this beast its not something easy to handle.

Zipping through the water the tongue moved in an erratic pattern zipping around the mouth of the creature and aiming to poke a hole in the creatures head all the while using his hand to push himself back to the surface with all his might.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roaln Island · Next Topic »
Add Reply