Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[Completed]Yung Kenn's Interview
Topic Started: Sep 24 2017, 10:58 AM (484 Views)
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

The youngster’s smooth-talking was met with a hardened gaze. Doc Stike knew a slippery gator when he saw one, and this boy was the slipperiest critter he’d ever laid eyes on. He managed to squirm out of his threats while piling new ones on..wording things so as to render them trivial the whole time.

“Time sure is valuable.” He replied evenly, causing Motto to glance at him in wonder. “I’m glad you managed to fit us in.”

Motto wasn’t sure Doc was glad by the look on his face and the way he was talking. Something was wrong, but he wasn’t sure what. His partner’s aura was relatively stable..had he missed something?

“I didn’t catch your name by way.” The Older Hunter relaxed his stance, and the twinkle returned to his eyes. “It’s been a privilege meeting you.” Doc held out a meaty hand to shake Yung Kenn’s.

“Yeah! I’m Motto by the way. I’m not sure if I mentioned it. Motto Brook.” The spiky-haired man joined them and glanced from one to the other several times.

“You mentioned it Motto.”

“I did? Huh.”

“Yes.”

“Sorry about that. Heh.”

“It’s fine.”

Awkward tension settled on the trio as both Doc Stike and Motto waited to hear the other’s name. The bearded Hunter didn’t trust the newcomer even though he hadn’t detected any lies while using his “Honest Touch”. There was something about the way he’d played on Motto’s insecurities and hopes that bothered Doc. The mysterious young man was skilled and his insight was disturbing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken sweatshirt
Member Avatar
Everyone's always telling you to be humble. When was the last time someone told you to be great?

The older man didn't seem very convinced. That was fine, Kenneth had ways to make sure he would in further cooperations. However, for that to happen there should first be future cooperations. He hoped that the walking ancient statue would not be able to put too much influence on Motto's perception of him. All he needed was time and chances. With that, he realized that he could make anything happen.

Kenneth extended his hand and grabbed his with with a politician smile. However, then he stopped and noticed something. He noticed this before and accredited it to a general En they probably had around the area. But now he noticed specifically it happened on touch. He wasn't sure what the effect was, were they putting a tracker on Kenneth? That seems like the most likely scenario and that was unfortunate. Kenneth didn't like being tracked or managed.

"My name is Kenneth. Nice meeting you and your companion. I trust you two, I hope that you two will trust me. Last thing before I go. I can feel some of your nen transmitting through me. Are you using a hatsu on me? Like a tracker or something. If so, is that because you don't trust me? That'd be a bad foot to start on, wouldn't it be?" Kenneth asked. Hoping to activate the younger Motto to expose any potential things that could be happening.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Doc’s eyes widened, but only for a moment.

“Why yes, I call it my “Honest Touch”.” A proud chuckle. “There’s no tracking involved son, just my way of making sure our members are being truthful. I’m sure you understand, having such distinguished connections and all.” Doc’s handshake was a tight one.

“Our members? But..Kenneth’s part of the team now. Right Doc?” Motto looked from Yung Kenn’s face to his parnter’s. It seemed like a standoff or somethin’.

A crow cawed overhead as it flew past.

“Of course Motto!” The burly Hunter laughed heartily, releasing the boy’s hand.

“Yeah, that’s how we’ve been talking with all our members so far.” Motto explained in a confidential tone. He was eager to please Kenneth. He was much smarter than him and he might have some good ideas on what his team should be doing! “Now we can tell ya our secret plans and stuff like that.” Doc rested a hand on Motto’s shoulder and gave a squeeze. The younger Hunter assumed it was a friendly touch and continued chatting, “Like we’re gonna start training together and assessing our collective skills, you know? Figuring out our strengths and weaknesses, stuff like that. Then we’re gonna..ouch! Doc, .. that’s so ..nnNN!”

Motto stood there wincing under the other’s pressure on his shoulder while Doc Stike finished in a jovial manner,

“We haven’t gotten to that yet but we’ll be sure let you know when we do! Ha ha! Motto’s always full of energy and life! Don’t you worry Kenneth, you’ll probably know about our next meeting before most of the other members do with those fine contacts of yours!” The older Hunter guffawed, but his subdued irritation made the grip on Motto’s shoulder a crushing one; causing the raven to fall to his knees in agony. “It sure was nice meeting you Kenneth, but we also have some pressing matters to attend to, don’t we Motto?”

“..nnnNNn..”

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken sweatshirt
Member Avatar
Everyone's always telling you to be humble. When was the last time someone told you to be great?

Kenneth that tension sink in with eye contact, not saying anything as Motto was spewing something oblivious in the background. Only when the veteran hunter answered Motto and released his grip did Kenneth even think about responding. Something about Kenneth being one of their members now. So he passed the test with flying colors. That's great. Not only would he able to use them as allies now, he would also get a free tap to their information well. At least, whatever the older man thought they could share with him.

"I fully understand. People rarely tell the truth these days and it is good to have the ability to distinguish between what is real and what is an illusion." Kenneth said with a neutral smile. The Motto man was eager to start telling Kenneth everything but the doctor was there to give him a subtle warning in the form of physical touch to tell him to stop without alarming Kenneth. Only if he knew that those things never are subtle and he could see right through it. The man still didn't trust him. Was he caught? Did he tell a lie? Maybe the man was able to feel out the lie from a distance when Kenneth mentioned his father being a politician. Was he the one getting played right now? Perhaps they acting right now to deceive him and keep tabs on him.

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate often, but I'll come join you here and there. When I'm not working on a whole separate part of the cause. Anyway, now I'm really pushing the clock. I'll see you two another time. Carry on fighting for a better world, I will do the same on." Kenneth saluted them and this time, really made his leave.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

“…! Wait! Kenneth! Hey wait up!!!” Motto cried out, jogging after the newest member. “Hang on! I know it’s weird, but..can I take a picture with ya? I took one with Stell, and I want one with you too! You know, a selfie?” What he really wanted was to ask for Kenneth’s help without Doc cutting him off. He could still feel the burly Hunter’s eyes on him as well as Doc’s En, but Motto proceeded to speak in a low voice,

“Look. I’m really worried about ..well doing an ok job as a leader. Heh. You seem like.. well..famous or something.” Motto blushed a little and began to scratch his head while speaking. “I’m sure you’re real busy and everything and you’re pushin’ the clock and stuff but …could I call ya sometime? For ideas? Or..advice? Maybe?” Motto blinked several times with a nervous smile before he remembered the picture.

“Dah! My phone! Hang on…it just takes a second. Heh.” With difficulty, the Hunter pulled his beatle 07 out from his jacket while his hand was grabbing it, opting to give a hard tug and tearing his jacket pocket. What came next was a series of fumbled attempts to unlock his screen and then it was quite some time before he was able to locate the picture-taking app. “Let’s see here. No..that’s not it. Huh. Weird. Haha, I forgot I had that…oh! Here it is! Dang it. Wait…uhhhh.. is this what I do? Ok! FOUND IT!”

Posted Image

Holding up his phone, Motto threw an arm around over Kenneth’s shoulder and grinned up at the screen. Back at the tractor Doc Stike paced with a frown. Throughout the first round of interviews that day, he’d been wary of some and delighted with others but Kenneth was something else entirely. Doc didn’t like it one bit. But his faith in Motto was stronger than he realized; even with this shady character he believed that his friend would win him over eventually.

“That’s right Motto, you go on and make friends with that one..Old Doc’s gonna be watchin’.”
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Oct 10 2017, 05:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken sweatshirt
Member Avatar

On his way, Kenneth got stopped again. This time by a lone Motto jogging towards him. While this was a golden opportunity for Kenneth to get him without Stike's annoying influence, Kenneth had mentioned how he needed to go for quite a bit now. They would see through the dark if Kenneth let himself be easily stopped once again.

He turned his head slightly while keeping up his pace. Giving him his attention and preparing to tell him that he really needed to go after hearing him out. Something about a picture with him. He thought about the consequences. He liked to stay under the radar as much as possible, especially in his true identity like he had chosen to come today. Before he had the chance to respond Motto almost whispered something to him slightly. It was true that Kenneth was famous. His site was in the process of blowing up to anyone that it's relevant for. All information gatherers already knew about it, now it was making waves among criminals and hunters for it's value. Not that he would let anyone know that it was him, at least not yet.

Kenneth paused for a second before answering. "Only on one condition... That I can call you for advice and ideas as well." Kenneth said with a grin. Motto would be a very useful ally. He needed to make sure to keep the kid sweet. This interaction just had a feeling of significance to it. The way this event turned out would have enormous consequences to the way both of their life paths and journey to their goals would go. At least, that's how it felt to him.

Somehow he was able to find his phone from the pocket dimension in his jacket. He was a nervous wreck. A stark contrast to Kenneth's cooler and slicker demeanor. They were an interesting pair to say the least. He smiled for the camera and held up a peace sign. As soon as the picture was done he would look to take his number, it would remove the hassle of finding his contact info through his more familiar methods. "I'll call you sometime. See ya"

And this time he really left. Like.. really this time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S1lverScorp1on5
Member Avatar
If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it. Because in truth, I am that monster.

Reward Table
Member Name:
Boy King
Character Name:
Kenneth Anokye
Standard Reward:
2 SP, 5 RP, 200,000 Jenni
Content Bonus:
Exceptional Content (+60%)
1.2 SP, 3 RP, 120,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus:
Laudable Effort (+20%)
0.4 SP, 1 RP, 40,000 Jenni
Event Bonus:
n/a
Mission Bonus:
n/a
Arc Bonus:
n/a
Mentorship Bonus:
n/a
Total Rewards: 4 SP, 9 RP, 360,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
Kenneth has been accepted into Motto's group, and Motto doesn't suspect a thing. This will certainly prove to be a valuable source of opportunities for Kenneth, as long as he stays on Motto's good side. However, it appears Doc is still suspicious. Kenneth would do well to keep a low profile around Doc.
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
This is my first time reading about Kenneth, so I don't know if every post is of this quality,
or maybe even better! Regardless, I love the character! You did an amazing job of conveying how good of a liar Kenneth is, and kept a clear aim on his motivations without having to go into his whole backstory. This is made even better by the fact that I honestly can't tell if Kenneth is a good or bad guy. I haven't read his backstory or personality,
and this enhanced the experience even more. I learned a lot about his personality,
but it's not as if I learned who he is as a person. I'm seriously excited to see what he does with Motto's group, be it destructive or helpful!
List of Used Consumables:

Reward Table
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Motto Brook
Standard Reward:
2 SP, 5 RP, 200,000 Jenni
Content Bonus:
Excellent Content (+45%)
0.9 SP, 2.25 RP, 90,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus:
Laudable Effort (+20%)
0.4 SP, 1 RP, 40,000 Jenni
Event Bonus:
n/a
Mission Bonus:
n/a
Arc Bonus:
n/a
Mentorship Bonus:
n/a
Total Rewards: 3 SP, 8 RP, 330,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
Motto's group has a (possible) mole! This will be sure to have ramifications later on,
and Motto's lack of suspicion may prove dangerous to the group. Luckily, he's got Doc to look out for him and keep an eye on Kenneth.
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
Motto's dumb, lovable character strikes again! I remember in my first Motto thread when you wrote how Doc thought Motto was an idiot. I knew he wasn't the brightest, but I didn't feel like going that far at the time. Now, I can confidently say that Motto is a complete idiot :D.
Anyway, you did a great job of keeping the interview distinct from the rest, despite it taking place in the same setting. You really did a great job of highlighting the differences with Motto and Doc, and raised the question that Doc may be more important than Motto in regards to holding the group together. Doc is the one who screens members, and he keeps a fair amount of suspicion with each. Without Doc, Motto's group would probably never have been created. I can never get over how well you convey Motto's dialogue, down to all his hesitations and grunts! Motto's story is one I will follow religiously, intertwined as it is with so many other characters on this site!
List of Used Consumables:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken sweatshirt
Member Avatar

Approved

This topic is now completed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Yorubian Continent · Next Topic »
Locked Topic