Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[Incomplete]Price of Beauty [H Rank Mission]; Flame Ingot
Topic Started: May 27 2017, 04:43 PM (392 Views)
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Flame’s outburst was met with a combination of strange reactions from the trio in front of him. It seemed that there was a faint smile in the corner of the elderly Diva’s face as she stopped her strolling to turn and look at him with a somewhat cold expression. Frederico might have had a similar face, if he wasn’t so preoccupied with the chimera ant’s violent predecessors he’d read about. While continuing to cradle Daphne’s hand in the crook of his arm, the assistant swiveled to face his mistress and gave his back to the monster.

It wasn’t his place to answer the hostile question, but he wasn’t about to let Daphne LaFosse get eaten. Meanwhile, the small Doctor looked up at Flame with pity in his eyes and broke the tension with a gentle voice.

“That is the name of Miss LaFosse’s fashion line. A title and a symbol. You needn’t worry about it Mr. Ingot.” The little man looked tired for a moment before turning to his employer.

“I can take him straight to the lab Miss and get started. I’m sure you have many things to do before the unveiling.”

Daphne lit up and gave Frederico’s shoulder a girlish tap. “Yes yes Darling! That’s right! Ah, so much to do, so much to do. Frederico darling, come.”

Making no argument, Frederico lifted his chin and led his lady past the tall beast back to the elevator. Dr. Gunter seemed to relax and smiled up at Flame.

“You can send those two away my friend, that way we can have a bit of peace, hm?” He gestured to Rose and Sun who had been standing quietly behind Flame.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Flame Ingot
Member Avatar

As Flame predicted, he wasn't given a straight answer. Instead, Flame was treated almost like a child having just thrown a tantrum, which the flamingo chimera ant technically did. Regardless, Flame didn't like being treated as if he was a toddler, even though in human standards he was just that. Flame's snarl didn't get any less snarly because of the irritating situation. In a sense, Flame was trapped in the nest of an enemy, waiting to be picked off; the pressure surrounding him was choking the white skinned creature. That is, until everyone dispersed after the floppy-skinned man said he'd take Flame to the lab.

Level headed dude, but his reaction gives me the creeps. Granted, he's probably a scientist and far more open-minded. Better do as he says else things get worse 'n I actually have to make a run for it. Wouldn't want to miss out on free money 'cause I overestimate and turn tail.

Flame's snarl loosened but didn't disappear. His stuck-up attitude wouldn't allow for Flame's expression to be much else other than a snarl in this predicament. Flame was glad to see that butler-like human out of his sight. Not only that, but Flame's so far useless assistants were becoming an eyesore, too. The floppy-skinned man was slowly getting on Flame's good side after all these interestingly positive actions and suggestions.

"Right, those two. Almost forgot about'em. Hey! You two can do what the fuck ever, I don't care. Just don't follow, aight? Cool."

Flame then went back into the transparent elevator with the short scientist. Far less cramped than before, much to Flame's approval. Another plus for the scientist; plus for dissolving the earlier situation, plus for suggesting to send the assistants away, and plus for being conveniently small, not to mention the amusing speech pattern. Flame was getting less tense, somewhat lowering his guard. His shoulder's started slouching, his arms spreading farther out, hands loosely in his pockets, but castanet still in his right hand. Can't be too cautious in an enemy's nest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

As soon as the doors slid shut, Dr. Gunter turned to Flame and began speaking quickly.

“Please help me. This place is a hellish trap.. a nightmare. That old witch has kept me prisoner here for two years and …no one dares to oppose her!” The small man gestured emotionally as his mis-matched eyes began to water. “It is only my cream! It is nearly finished! It’s my live’s work you see! LOOK AT ME! I’m a living testiflo.. testislo… TESTIMONY! I’ve tried hundreds of times to find the ultimate youth enhancing forumula…only to look LIKE THIS! Well.. my eyes were always like this but more importantly Mr. Flame!!!! YOU ARE THE KEY! You have the genetic charisma to withstand any serious side effects on my latest batch! What’s more, is that you don’t seem to be afraid of that woman.”

The Doctor’s mangled features twisted into a contemptuous scowl.

“She’s cruel but old and feeble. You could easily free me from this horror factory Mr. Flame! Please! I was greedy at first…and accepted her money. All the technology I could wish for.. the equiptment.. the test subjects. Many have suffered because of me… some have died Mr. Flame. BY MY HANDS!”

Large glistening tears began to pour freely from the short mutant.

“Please help me. I must escape this place… after I test the cream the last time. Mr. Flame…I’ll give you everything I have. More money than anyone could possibly need. Just allow me to test the cream on you and help me to get away from the old hag.”

The elevator had slowed to a stop but it was difficult to tell since the floor was completely dark. Only the delicate aesthetic lighting in the elevator’s transparent seams provided a dim and eerie light.
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Jun 14 2017, 05:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Flame Ingot
Member Avatar

Flame thought the elevator ride would be peaceful, but the moment the doors closed shut and the elevator took off, the situation Flame thought was terrible to begin with took a drastic plot twist! The flamingo chimera ant was surprised by the testimony of the wrinkly scientist, but felt oddly familiar with his situation; Flame was once a slave to a queen until he left the confines of the chimera ant colony from which he was hatched. However, Flame didn't willingly become a slave to the queen like the short structured walrus-like human. Still, Flame could feel some pity for the scientist's situation. With a grunt, Flame spoke.

"Hrn, so you want me to free you by testin' your beauty product or whatever it is. In return, you'd give me loads 'n loads of money. Feels like this is a scheme to get me to comply, but those weird-ass eyes or yours are tellin' me I should trust you."

Flame fell silent and let go of his snarl, giving way to a straight, pondering face. On one hand he was already deeply entrenched in the vipers' nest, but on the other hand, he could get money for his life of luxury. Granted, Flame just couldn't get himself to completely trust the odd-eyed doctor 100%, but perhaps 75% was all Flame needed.

"Aight, I'll do it, but I'll do more than that; based on what you said, she'll probably have you killed for tryin' to leave. Now I'll give you two choices; help me end her operation or...well, that's all. No choice anymore considering I also signed over my rights using a thumbprint. Knowing human culture, I'll never get a life of luxury with her around and kickin'."

Feels like I agreed too readily, but this feels like all I've got to get me out. This doctor probably knows his way around and once that cream of his is completed, he could use it as a hostage to get us out. However, that hag will probably not keep quiet and hunt us down after we escape, so we'll have to end this hag's whole business to set ourselves free. Fuckin' tough situation and I'm not even sure this doctor is tellin' the truth.

Perhaps Flame was jumping the gun a little too easily. After all, this entire situation is shady as hell to begin with; abandoned building, magical tablet, no info about LIGHT, and nothing to indicate Flame could come out of this building alive or in control of his actions. Who knows what might happen!? Therefore Doctor Gunter's story brought something else to the table that Flame, oddly enough, needed; a sense of adventure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

“Do you mean…kill her?” Dr. Gunter asked in wonder..his voice making it clear he had no moral objections. The little man noticed the elevators doors standing open and clamped a pair of spotted hands over his mouth, moving them away briefly to repeat the question in a soft whisper before covering his mouth again.

Lights began to flicker on around them, revealing the crude laboratory of Daphne LaFosse fashion industries..caged creatures everywhere and the stench of decay permeating the entire floor. New test subjects never came here without being drugged first. The disfigured youth Hunter’s shoulders slumped even more as he gestured for the tall chimera to exit the lift. Not only was it shameful for a sober set of eyes to take in the gruesome nature of his work, but Gunter also realized he relied entirely on Flame Ingot. If the ant man decided to turn on him and expose his wish to escape to Daphne or any member of her sick army.. he was a dead man.

Gunter had a feeling he was a dead man regardless.

“All the way down to the fend of the …to the end of the flall.. FLALL.. HALL. Mr. Flame.” The doctor’s skin flaps were acting up today. Probably due to stress. Should the strange pair make their way to the end of the hall, they would find a small room quite similar to a dentist’s. There was a single cushioned chair in the center with bright lights above it and a small metal tray attached to a swinging arm. A small rolling stool was the only other bit of furniture. The bare walls were a sky blue color; complimenting the bright blue restraints dangling from the large chairs sides.

By the time they would reach this little exam room, every single live specimen would be crying out to be freed. The shrieks, barks, and yowls were all somewhat muffled behind the observation glass, but it was an unsettling sound that the short doctor seemed able to ignore. If they entered the blue room, he would shut the door and further reduce the suffering noises.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Flame Ingot
Member Avatar

There was almost no reason for Flame to trust Dr. Gunter and the supposed crisis the disfigured man was in, but Flame wasn't in any better of a position. Going along with Dr. Gunter's plan felt like the only way Flame could escape given the complexity of this research facility. The only trust Flame was able to pull from the depths of his reasoning was Dr. Gunter being in the same predicament, more or less. This reasoning was amplified when Flame's hints to kill LaFosse didn't go over Dr. Gunter's head.

He seems to feel as desperate as me. Killin' that hag will definitely solve both our supposed problems, but that bodyguard of her's will probably be a pain in the ass, too. Not to mention all her other brinwashed employees...fuck. The more I think about this, the less I wanna go through with killin' the bitch.

Flame didn't respond to Dr. Gunter's doubly asked question. Killing LaFosse at first seemed like the easy way out, but and eye for an eye makes the world go blind; revenge would come for Flame and Gunter almost immediately, if not when the two least expect. However, LaFosse seemed to be wealthy beyond Flame's comprehension given the size of this facility; dismantling her operation and making her too broke to get revenge wouldn't work either. Anyway, Flame entered through the blue door, checking his surroundings in the process. Flame's sunglasses hid his darting eyes, allowing Flame to scan the blue door's room inconspicuously. Granted, Flame could probably do whatever he wanted as long as he helped Dr. Gunter.

Even though this dude's my ally, I can't help but feel uneasy in this room. That chair looks uncomfortable, to say the least. Probably not big enough for me either.

"Hrn. Now what?"

In order to speed things along, Flame simply asked a predictable question. The answer would hopefully not involve probing or maiming of the flamingo chimera ant's body, but at this point Flame didn't have much of a choice. Given how chairs and arm rests work, Flame would have to disengage his Castanet of Feathers unless the flamingo chimera ant felt like showing off his Nen. For the time being, as long as Flame could keep his castanet hidden, the flamingo chimera ant would continue to keep his Castanet of Feathers conjured in his right hand, hidden in his right pocket.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

The tall creature made no answer. Gunter’s anxious mind raced with possibilities as they walked past the cage specimens, it was well past meal time. Soon he would be free from this place. The poor tortured animals would die eventually, and the suffering would stop. In just a few minutes, the doctor would see his hard work pay off, and escape.

“Now, I will simply apply a bit of this to your skin Mr. Flame..” a syringe was taken from his lab coat pocket. “I only need a little and its effects are instant. Have a seat if you please Mr. Flame, and make yourself comfortable.” Squinting at his little tube of youth formula, Gunter gave the syringe a test squeeze; causing a tiny droplet to come out. He was careful to avoid touching it.

“Oh and do not worry. Those restraints wouldn’t do any good on you. I won’t be using them.”

The deformed man’s tongue poked out a corner of his mouth and flicked at a skin flap. If his observations were accurate, Mr. Flame’s outer covering was more akin to a shell than flesh, and the youth cream would merely give it a temporary pigment. The little scientist had labored for years with a multitude of test subjects to make the prediction, and time was ticking. Under normal circumstances, he would apply the cream and take notes as well as photographs of the area before and after. Make calculations. Repeat. Months and months of trials on the man until he died or showed signs of permanent deformity; whichever came first. Once a subject’s genes were mutated, any further testing was useless. Gunter had learned that the hard way.

“Are you ready Mr. Flame? This cream is a bit cold, but I’ve come quite close to its completion. There is very little chance of a painful reaction or cell devastation. Hold out your hand and it will only take a few slec.. slac….SLIC…SECONDS.”
Offline Profile Goto Top

Flame Ingot
Member Avatar

Flame muddled to himself, for obvious reasons, and sat in the odd chair meant for equally obvious reasons. The tension was building up to this point in time, the climax of this story being the miracle product being tested, the effects and aftermath being the downhill; defeating LaFosse turned out to be a subplot for Flame's tension addled mind. After all, Flame didn't want to think about killing anything due to the nature of death, the absolute subjugation of an individual. How the flamingo chimera could kill anyone knowing why he left the chimera ant colony could be anyone's best guess.

Anyway, Flame braced himself for whatever effects the miracle product would have on a chimera ant with an exoskeleton. The anxiety ridden chimera ant with an emotion hiding pair of shades and sneer plastered upon his porcelain skin failed to stop himself from shivering when outstretching his empty left hand. Meanwhile, the castanet within Flame's right hand was slide down his sleeve so as to present his right hand as a show of trust; the trust was not real given the existence of the castanet, but better than nothing at this point.

"Hrn."

I better look like a fuckin' star after this shit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

For a moment nothing happened. A small dollup of whitish gel sat harmless and a bit cold on Flame’s hand.

“I’m so hungry! He’s forgotten feeding time again.” The voice was high pitched and it’s origin unclear. Doctor Gunter merely stood there with his breath held and hands clasped together. The little man stared at the Chimera’s hand with obvious glee; Flame would never know that the cream tended to have immeadiate negative effects.

“Chew on my own leg. Get free. At least not in the chair. Another mysterious voice, it’s tone much deeper and irritated. Flame might notice his companion’s complete lack of reaction to the voices, as if he couldn’t hear them at all…

“I just want to go home. Momma! Momma!”

“My eyes…they’re burning. He blinded me..”

“I’m scared..”

“Soon we’ll all be dead. He’s going to kill us all!”

“We might be able to escape. He left Tim’s cage open.”

“HELP US!”

“I want Momma!

The voices started to crowd each other and overlap; some of them were young and frightened, others were groaning in pain. Doctor Gunter raised his eyes to Flame’s and grinned.

“How do you feel?”

He was in awe of the tiny new coloration now on his patient’s hand. This was the very first successful trial!!! All of his research wasn’t for naught!

“I hate this place. I hate that doctor.”

“I hope my bunnies are alright. I haven’t seen them in so long..”

“I want to die..”

Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Oct 26 2017, 11:58 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S1lverScorp1on5
Member Avatar
If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it. Because in truth, I am that monster.

Reward Table
Member Name:
Flame Ingot
Character Name:
Flame Ingot
Standard Reward
2.25 SP, 5.625 RP, 462,500 Jenni
Content Bonus
Great Content (30%)
0.675 SP, 1.6875 RP, 138,750 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great Effort (15%)
0.3375 SP, 0.84375 RP, 69,375 Jenni
Event Bonus
X
Mission Bonus:
X (Incomplete)
Arc Bonus:
X
Mentorship Bonus
X
Total Rewards: (-40%: Very Incomplete) 2 SP, 5 RP, 402,375 Jenni
--IC Notes--
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
List of Used Consumables:

Reward Table
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Narrator
Standard Reward
2.5 SP, 6.25 RP, 525,000 Jenni
Content Bonus
Excellent Content (45%)
1.125 SP, 2.8125 RP, 236,250 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great Effort (15%)
0.375 SP, 0.9375 RP, 78,750 Jenni
Event Bonus
X
Mission Bonus:
X (Incomplete)
Arc Bonus:
X
Mentorship Bonus
X
Total Rewards: (-40%: Very Incomplete) 2 SP, 6 RP, 504,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
List of Used Consumables:

This topic has gone incomplete and has been closed for one of a number of reasons:
  • One or more posters has gone inactive for a long time.
  • At the thread creator's request.
  • Site staff have deemed this thread has broken site rules.

Rewards will still be given (except in the final case) but this thread is over.
Edited by S1lverScorp1on5, Jan 27 2018, 01:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · York Shin City · Next Topic »
Locked Topic