Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[Completed]Window Shopping; Luca mentors Oursa
Topic Started: Jan 16 2017, 01:01 PM (368 Views)
:)Westborn
Member Avatar
The Most Responsible Adult in your Living Room

Luca had never really had much interest in coming to Marklil. He'd even less reasons to leave Gyren and its guise of overpriced pleasantries and luxuries. However, there was one important reason for anyone like Luca to venture into the forsaken lands outside of the overwhelming mining city. A grizzled man kept a shop just outside of Marklil's green band, a man who was skilled enough to draw customers even to his remote location. Making use of Gyren's natural resources and rare metals, Temujin Hasquera had created perhaps one of the most notorious gun shops in the entire world. The large bearded man had at one time served on a sky pirate crew a much younger Luca had been enlisted on, using his skills at the time to maintain and upgrade the ships current weapons. It seemed he had taken the money he had earned during his voyages and put it to good use.

In rare form, Luca disposed of his own cigarette in a proper receptacle before entering Temujin's shop, a sign of respect for anyone who managed to fully retire from the life of a vagrant. The soft chime of a bell rang out to signal the door opening. From beyond the display room, Luca could hear machines churning out some piece of metal, while a separate, slightly muted noise, signaled the testing of some firearm. “OI!” Came the gruff voice of the burly man Luca remembered, only looking slightly more aged than his mental image showed him. A piece of Luca was immediately brought back to his younger days, when he had to literally look up at the barrel of a man whenever thick fingers pushed Luca out of his way. ”Is that young Luca I see come to grace my humble shop? All grown up is he?”

As all boys who grow up to be men, Luca had trouble not smiling at being acknowledged by a man he had once looked up to. ”Frum what I hear, this shops a trig bit more 'n' jus' humble. Word has it that Temujin makes the finest product a fistful o' jenni can get.” Luca's grin widened as he aproached the display case that served as a counter, basking in the deep laugh of Temujin.

“Is that what they're sayin'?” Temujin stroked his beard, the twist of his bottom lip the only hint that he was still smiling. “And I've heard you're takin' on a crew of your own.” Temujin's eyes lowered knowingly as he looked over Luca, seeming to judge him in his mind. After a long moment, Temujin leaned back, crossing his arms over his barreled chest. “Now then, what is it I can do for you?”
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken's Bitch
Member Avatar
There's drugs to be done, so I gotta run

Marklil presented many opportunities for Oursa. The city's economy revolved around mining and the exchange of it's natural resources. The sheer value of those resources invited all varieties of undesirables, hoping to make a quick fortune in one way or another. However, no amount of resources unearthed in the city could compare to the value of the place Oursa was seeking. During his travels, Oursa had received word that a shop on the outskirts of Marklil was ran by Temujin Hasquera. Temujin's name was infamous among firearm aficionados, and rightfully so. The man was responsible for crafting perhaps some of the greatest guns to have ever existed, and his isolated shop's location served to provide him with everything he needed to carry that reputation.

Arriving at the shop's door, Oursa wondered if he had enough Jenni to purchase one of the renowned weapons sold there. Even if he didn't, it was impossible for him to pass up the opportunity to view Temujin's works. Opening the door, Oursa barely noticed the bells chiming due to the various sounds inside. Finding himself in a room filled with display cases, Oursa stood in awe of the plethora of weapons. His eyes danced from wall to wall, each making him more excited. His excitement nearly deafened the sound of another customer walking in. It seemed within seconds of his entrance, a voice sounded from the other side of the room. Looking towards the open door, out stepped a muscular built and bearded man.
Catching bits and pieces of the conversation unintentionally, it seemed the two knew each other.

"... a crew of your own." The mention of pirates piqued his curiosity as he turned his head before quickly retracting it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar

”I'm lookin' fer a new revolver, 'n' I'm lookin' fer more information on some rumors o' a legendary gun. Figured as any this was the finest place to get either.” Luca knew that was only partially true, he had far better chances of finding more information on the gun he was trying to track down on a Hunter web site, but after his last fiasco, plus the overall cost it ran him, he wasn't willing to run that route again.

”What're you packin' now?” Anyone who knew of Temujin knew he didn't make firearms for first timers. He expected his clientele to know more than just something about the weapons he made. Ready for the question Luca laid out his Single Action Army on the counter before the gunsmith. ”She done me well up till now, but I've started findin' she's startin' ta struggle ta keep up with what I'm askin' o' her.”

Temujin picked up the revolver, snapping its cylinders open and peering through them before holding the gun to his ear and slowly rotating its pieces, carefully listening to what it told him. A second test of the younger pirates gun ownership. Snapping the gun back into its whole pieces, Temujin gave a slight nod, still inspecting the gun. ”Old as that girl is, she's done your more than just alright. I hear word she helped you pull down some sort of over hyped merc not long ago, and even managed to get yourself in and out of the Menren Docks with her. No small task in either case. Temujin placed the gun back on his counter almost as gently as though it were a living thing. ”Now what is it you were looking for in your next arm?”

Luca let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding while Temujin inspected his gun. Temujin saw his creations as works of art, not just simple tools. While he expected them to be used and well worn, he also expected a certain level of care be shown for those works. Luca had tought long and hard on what he wanted before coming here. ”Lighter draw in the hammer, more snap on the trigger pull, some more weight in her body, she tends to drift a bit during fanning, 'n' the ability to put a bit more fire down range. As I said, the S.A. is a beut, but she shows her age when pitted against anythin' with thick enough skin.” Temujin nodded, jotting the requests down as well as his ideas for the gun.

Leaning in, Luca waited until the gunsmiths look turned back to him, his face a combination of exasperation and patient pride. ”I was also lookin' for rumors of a gun. Mayhap you've heard more of it.” Luca leaned in even closer, dropping his voice from the ears of the shops other patron. ”I'm lookin' fer a gun, a true ancient work, that spits fire 'n' is said ta eat from the very spirit o' the one who pulls the trigger.” Luca's grin didn't match Temujin's concerned frown.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken's Bitch
Member Avatar

Trying to contain his curiosity, Oursa could no longer ignore the conversation across the room. The customer was speaking with Temujin as if he was an old friend, confirming his earlier suspicion. As the two went back and forth discussing the customer's exploits, his weapon, and his desires to be met in a new weapon, one topic arose that drew Oursa's imagination.

'A legendary gun?' Oursa thought to himself. 'Spits fire? Spirit of one who pulls the trigger?' Scratching the back of his head before chuckling slightly. Throughout his travels, he had met many a men who believed that humans had a "spirit" or aura of sorts. Some of these man believed that humans could even harness the spirit, and by extension, weaponize it. Oursa had never been one to believe what he couldn't see, and the talk of guns feeding off their user's spirit was no exception.

Having recently ditched his cloak for good, Oursa had nothing to conceal the fact that he had no firearm. Perhaps the two would discredit his opinion for that, but Oursa couldn't care less. He was unable to prevent himself from entering the conversation. Timujin's facial expression however, caught Oursa by surprise. He seemed to know exactly what the customer meant, and disapproved of his pursuit of it. Regardless, Oursa figured now was as good a time as any to make his presence known.

"Black Powder," he began while making sure he was loud enough to be heard. "Created by using saltpeter to oxidize the two fuels, charcoal and sulfur. Highly reactive and extremely versatile, humans have been utilizing that substance in any type of weapon they can. Beginning with its use as an incendiary device, we strapped it on arrows and canisters, believing fire to be the must destructive use of gunpowder. As time passed, we realized how wrong we were. Gunpowder next became the world's first explosive ordinance. They sealed it into iron spheres and shot it out of cannons, using it to ignite a fuse that, get this, shot MORE gunpowder at people. Humans now had the ability to blow each other to shit in ways previously thought unimaginable. Impregnable defenses crumbled beneath the capabilities of gunpowder. You would think this would be the peak of our innovation with the infamous substance but no. No, something even more vile was born of human creation. The firearm. Compact and lethal, humans had discovered a way to put cannons into the palm of their hands. These hand cannons evolved into the plethora of guns that we enjoy now, and their potential for killing evolved as well."

Now turning as if to make direct eye contact with the customer, Oursa continued. "However, no amount of sheer destruction could match what the firearm did to the human psyche. The psychological effect gunpowder had on humans was unimaginable. From the sinister sound that rang every time a weapon fired, to the billowing smoke which protruded from that weapon, the damage it could cause to the mind was insane. Wars could be won solely by the effects firearms had on enemy moral. Hell, give a man a sword and two years, and he becomes an expert at taking lives. Give a man a rifle and two days, and you have someone fifteen times more capable. Therein lies the true potential of gunpowder." Taking a short breath, Oursa now addressed the meaning of his rant. "Gunpowder is what a firearm eats. Gunpowder is what is ignited when you pull the trigger and the firing pin hits the primer of a bullet. The only relation that a weapon carries with it's user's spirit, is how the user sends the spirits of others up and away after the deeds are done."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar

A somewhat surprised Luca as the voice he heard once he finished talking as not in fact, the deep rumble of Temujin. Moving his eyes in the direction he heard the new voice, Luca's head slowly turned after to the source of the monologue. As Luca's expression shifted from surprise, to annoyance, to confusion, his head slowly and unintentionally, listed to one side. While Luca's face bore an ever changing series of emotion, eventually landing on curiosity, the bearded Temujin kept his same rarely shifting look of irate boredom. While Luca took a moment to try to focus on which part of Oursa's speech to reply to, Temujin had no such hesitation. ”You telling me that if I load a cylinder with a mass of whatever rapidly reacting substance I want, and then cap that off with whatever object I damn well please with intention of blastin' the fuck out of whatever the shit is on the other end of that tube, that ain't a gun? That what you're tellin' me boy? That without a basting cap and some black powder there ain't nothin' gun like about that?” Luca grinned at the tirade. He knew that Temujin sounded angry, but that was just about his normal state of being. A gruff man who made asking someone to pass the butter sound like a cross between a threat and a disappointed tirade.

With the conversation on both ends largely out of his hands, Luca unwound his shemagh and leaned against the counter. As he did so he studied the shops only other customer. Luca looked for any details on the younger man. If he was in Temujin's shop, it's likely it wasn't on accident. The nearly unmarked shop was too far away from anything convenient to be something a person just stumbled into. When coupled with the mans own naked waist, and the fact that there were no gun cases on the counter, Luca made a guess about the unarmed man. He had either done more than just some research, and had decided that a Temujin was the gun for him, or he legitimately knew his guns, and just happened to be overly talkative. Luca smirked as the possibilities occurred to him. He was interested to see how the dark stranger would respond.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken's Bitch
Member Avatar

The strikingly aggressive rebuttal of the burly shopkeeper made Oursa laugh slightly under his breath. He knew better than to engage in an argument with Timujin. Choosing instead to focus his next words towards the customer, Oursa leaned up against the wall adjacent to the display cases before beginning. "I have no doubt that if you made a device and called it a gun, no matter the substance you used as a reactant nor the projectile of choice, that it would be a gun. However, that was not what I was addressing."

Once more looking towards the man opposite Timujin, Oursa was careful not disrespect either. "I was speaking more towards the man who mentioned spirit. By the sounds of it, you did not make the weapon, Timujin. However, you may know of it's whereabouts, if any such weapon even exists. I'm now a slave to my curiosity because of all this talk of mystical guns, fellas."

Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar

Arms still folded across his chest, Temujin simply watched the conversation shift from himself to Luca. The younger pirate on the other hand, was a little surprised to see anyone look past the far more physically imposing gunsmith and address him instead. As the moment of surprise passed and Luca pushed himself off the counter, he simply spread his hands wide. ”If ye was droppin' eves hard enough to hear that I'm lookin' fer a gun that feeds off the users soul, then ye musta heard that it also spits fire and is older 'n' sin. Legends all got a way o' getting' out o' hand. Mayhap a few folk that were usin' it got sick a few days later. Maybe it's jus' got a habit o' explodin' when you pull the trigger, but ain't broke jus' yet. Either way its worth some coin to the right folk.” As he stopped talking, Luca eyed Temujin for any indication on whether or not the burly man knew of not just where the gun was located, but if he knew of Nen at all. The continually irate expression revealed nothing.

As a span of silence passed between the three, Luca began to feel the need to talk once more, only to have Temujin speak first. ”And some rumors are based on true. Might know the gun your talkin' about. Haven't heard much of it in a while though. Probably means it ended up on some collectors wall, one that doesn't fully know what he's got on his hands.” Luca's eyes lit up as he moved back to the counter, eagerly leaning in toward Temujin, Oursa partially forgotten. ”What d' ya know old man?” In response the gunsmith dismissed the question with one thick hand. ”I'm no information broker, either buy a gun, or get out.”
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken's Bitch
Member Avatar

Knowing quite well that he did not have enough money to buy a firearm off of Timujin, Oursa chose to stay quiet about his current economic status.

What struck Oursa as interesting, was the contradiction between the two men's account of this mysterious weapon. Could it be possible that such a gun exists? Oursa's focus was now fixed on the customer. What would he say to convince Timujin to tell him about the gun?

Beginning to pull the tobacco out of his pocket, Oursa knew that Timujin would not allow him to smoke in his establishment. That was fine. Rolling his leaf, and sealing it, he put the now rolled cigar behind his ear and watched the conversation before him unfold.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar

With a sigh Luca switched tactics, understanding that after two requests for information and having them both denied, Temujin wasn't going to just give out what he knew. Luca guessed that either meant the information was for sale, or he'd need to prove himself worthy of it before the gunsmith would reveal what he knew. Instead of debating more Luca simply laid out the Jenni he had available for one of the legendary Temujin firearms. The grizzled mans posture didn't change at the sight of the money, though he visibly frowned underneath his beard. ”That ain't enough. Not even close.” The response took Luca aback. That was millions of Jenni that had just been denied. Seeing the surprise in Luca's face, Temujin elaborated, ”My pieces ain't lightly made or cheaply bought. I don't just take a few spare parts and slap 'em together. Each piece is machined specifically to fit the build and style of the user, not to mention any specific customizations they might be lookin' for.” Before Luca had a chance to respond, Temujin held up a hand, freezing even the pirates despondent look. ”That though, ain't my bread and butter here. What you've got here is enough to have me do some work on a regular piece, 'n' tailor it a bit more to your needs.” Luca was struck silent as the gunsmith took a thoughtful step back, regarding Luca before nodding to himself and leaving through a door in the wall behind him.

Blinking in surprise at the turn of events, a little ashamed that the dynamic between himself and the somewhat overwhelming Temujin hadn't changed in the years since he had last seen the man, Luca sighed and picked up his revolver. Casually spinning the large gun on his finger, he absentmindedly turned to lean on the counter. The slightly younger man who had interjected the history of firearms into his dealing with Temujin still meandered around the shop. Luca eyed the man, reading what he could from his appearance and demeanor. His clothing just about screamed of being from a small dry town, one that Luca doubted was much different than most of Marklil. Despite that he had a confidence in his movements, likely he had overcome some sort of hardship while there. A testament of which was stamped on his face, a large scar and grayed eye. ”Mus' be hard aimin'” Luca noted casually, pointing to the man's eye. Noting the ear the westerner had tucked his hand wrapped cigar behind, Luca assumed he was right handed, making aiming with a ruined eye a generally difficult task.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ken's Bitch
Member Avatar

Oursa didn't appreciate people sizing him. And the stranger's assumption about his eye couldn't be more wrong. "Hard? How do you figure? Is there something that'd make you think my aiming would be impaired?" Oursa knew very well what he was talking about, but chose to give him shit anyway.

Pointing to his eye, he began again. "Oh... You mean this?" See this doesn't handicap my aiming in any way. No actually, quite the opposite mister. Mister..?" Oursa's basic mannerisms always made sure he had the name of a person he'd taken interest in. Names are something of a currency of their own in the world of bounty hunters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Marklil · Next Topic »
Locked Topic