Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[Incomplete]Yurick's Cauldron; Eustace & Lubbock
Topic Started: Nov 11 2016, 08:37 PM (440 Views)
Scion
Member Avatar

"Eh?" Eustace raised up an eyebrow, his face contorting in confusion.

"Birthright? She doesn't look like a descendent of Yurick to me!" Eustace brushed off the man's hand with his palm. The guy was really starting to get on his nerves. Not only did he want the treasure for the sake of wealth, but he didn't even have the motivation to stick with his plan once the woman revealed that she wanted it for herself. He could forgive wanting to seek out riches; all hunters were selfish to some degree, after all. What he absolutely couldn't forgive was spinelessness. He practically let her run all over him!

Without another word, Eustace made his way off the boat with an irritated look on his face. He'd eat his hardhat before he lost to a guy like that! With a deep breath to soak the land's air, Eustace charged out towards the cave. His frown had disappeared and had been replaced with an ecstatic smile as he ran to find the cauldron.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MomKen
Member Avatar
Margrae is the greatest and that's a fact... Jack!

Lubbock was angered by this man, clearly he had no respect for anyone, first he was rude to him and now rude to her. He couldn't just let this stand, however, Lubbock's new found partner had left without him and so did the other man. A few minutes later, the Rebel found the woman again and tapped her shoulder blade to get her attention and do introductions.

"Hello there, my apologies for not introducing myself earlier, hopefully it would be fine to do introductions, my name is Lubbock, just Lubbock."

He elegantly bowed as he spoke those words, he of course needed to formally greet her, this was how he was taught after all. He saw a while before that she looked and sounded arrogant but was just simply frightened, she had to appear tough for herself, Lubbock couldn't just leave a person like that alone, he had to help her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Maria had just entered the cave when she felt a touch. Turning quickly, she saw the green-haired boy and watched him bow politely. What an interesting boy.. nice manners.

“Lubbock I’m Maria. Listen. You’re probably a very nice kid but I don’t share treasures, understand?” Her tone was not unkind, but there was no smile either. “Treasure-seeking is my life and I’m not about to complicate things with the likes of you.” She thought about punching him, but held back. He was just a kid.. probably harmless. Adjusting her stance a little, the curvy woman narrowed her eyes at Lubbock. If only he could be useful without any risks….

“Unless you’d like to simply hand me the cauldron that is..” She smiled and leaned down to his eye level; a flattering pose for her feminine form coincidentally.

Meanwhile, Eustace had advanced further into the cave due to his running start and the clay-like floor was a different shade from the ground nearby. Where the young dark-haired boy stood, a subtle grayish tinge could be noticed by those who paid attention to sorts of details. If he were to inspect it closer he might notice its texture was unlike the surrounding area as well. Fifteen feet above him in the dark interior, long stalactites hung dripping with an unknown substance. The cave was uninhabited by wild animals and relatively clean other than an empty potato chip bag and soda can.
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Dec 7 2016, 06:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Scion
Member Avatar

"Mmm..." Eustace felt the ground with his right hand, the dust from the substance sticking onto it. He clapped his hands together and slid them on one another to clean them up. Nothing too weird so far! There were stalactites hanging right above him that immediately made him feel a bit worried. They seemed kinda tall. And pointy. He gulped, as a hunter he had to prepare for the worst and his guts were telling him to watch.

He looked further down spotting zero wildlife. Odd, there were usually at least bats or something within the caves. Eustace's attention was brought to the floor when he unwittingly stepped on a bag of potato chips, accidentally kicking the can away. Immediately, he knew something was off. Could the bag have belonged to one of the many others who tried to find the cauldron before him? Or was it more recent?

He shoved the bag into his pocket. He'd have to be sure to check out the expiration date if he got a light somewhere nearby. Before progressing, Eustace sent some nen into his eyes to survey his surroundings before he moved on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MomKen
Member Avatar
Margrae is the greatest and that's a fact... Jack!

This girl really wasn't getting it, the young man did not care whether or not he obtained the cauldron, well, he did at first, but Lubbock always put other people first and foremost, I guess like the law of robotics except for a human, there were exceptions however, like hunters.. Lubbock looked at the girl strangely and decided to change his expression to not annoy or scare her.

"Of course I understand, what I don't understand is what the problem is with me looking for the treasure with you."

Lubbock tried to make it sound like a serious sentence, that however, was struck through due to his awkward laugh afterwards, what came next was to be expected after the previous statement made by Maria, Lubbock simply stood with his knee on the ground as if proposing and saying...

"Of course, I planned to do that from the start, I hope that isn't a problem, is it?"

All Lubbock wanted to do was help her, his goal would always be to help those that need it most, whether his life was in danger or not, he would always come to peoples aid. Now that his gloves were finished, he could start on his string and be prepared to help her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Maria straightened and pursed her lips. “Most treasure hunters aren’t the sharing type, Lubbock.” She narrowed her eyes at the kneeling boy and decided he was possibly sincere. Those gloves were intimidating, but his laugh was friendly and something about the way he spoke was endearing. “Fine. I’ll give you a chance, but you try anything funny so help me God I’ll make you regret it.” Maria had never really threatened anyone before, let alone a young guy like Lubbock, but she was stressed. This was probably a big mistake, trusting some kid she’d only just met. But if she didn’t take strange risks, than she wouldn’t have earned the title of Treasure Prodigy in the rarity-seeking community. She had a reputation to uphold, and perhaps Lubbock was the next big step towards greatness. Maybe it was time to partner up.

The beauty shivered and pulled her scarf around her shoulders. The wind outside was starting to pick up and either the temperature had dropped, or the cave’s interior was significantly colder with its perpetual dark dampness. Indeed, the weather was showing signs of change.. nothing blatantly obvious but that’s usually it it went with the very worst of coastal storms in the area. The treasure-seeker narrowed her eyes. Lubbock had already cost her a few minutes of precious time..that hard hat boy had a head start. ‘He’ll probably use the common methods of searching..’ Maria thought to herself, and relaxed. The woman’s En was exceptionally strong and it was how she found each one of her treasures. Stepping further into the deep cave, she expanded her aura and began to sense different energies of the moles and worms.. and the hard hat kid. The area he was in with loaded with a large cache of residual aura!

If Eustace were to use Gyo or En.. he’d also detect the remnants of another’s life force; only in more detail from his location. It just so happened that he was standing in the center of a circle of aura.. the center of which was empty of energy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Scion
Member Avatar

"What...?" Eustace saw the dome around him and nearly jumped back in fear. The spot he was in was oddly devoid of aura compared to everywhere else. The small traces of life just ahead of him only made him more wary of what was to come. The boy took a deep breath of the chilly air and exhaled right into his hands to warm them up. His palms had broken out into a cold sweat from his nerves. He had to take a breather before he did anything hasty.

Gyo was helpful for detecting aura, but En would be the better option for now. It would help him scout out traps and He would do well to not have his aura added into the already intimidatingly large stockpile that had, presumably, been left behind by failed treasure and archaeologist hunters alike. Eustace's brows furrowed as he saw the long range En, no doubt belonging to the woman he had met earlier.

Eustace placed down his backpack and took out his pickaxe. Not only great for combat and digging, but for chucking at rowdy enemies, too! He figured he'd need it as he plunged further deep into the caves, eager to heighten the distance between him and Maria. His eyes constantly shifted from side to side, as if awaiting some trap to end his life at any second.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

So the hard hat kid had noticed it too? Just great.

“Gotta hurry Lubbock!” Maria made a mad dash for the cave’s sweet spot; right where the other kid was. Rounding a corner, the scantily clad treasure-seeker nearly collided with Eustace and had trouble coming to a stop on the slick clay floor.

“WATCH OUT!” She cried, flailing frantically and heels digging in. Something clunked and Maria stiffened with pain. “MY FOOT!!! yeeeeeAAAAAAH!!” Hopping up and down, the woman cradled her left foot and whined. Right where the younger stood, a sensitive part of Maria’s foot had come into contact with a rock.. or something equally as solid. “DAMMIT dammit dammit! Stupid kid! Why didn’t ya move? Ouch ouch ouch. rrrRRRR now my shoe is ruined. Good thing I got these on sale buddy!”

A smattering of droplets from above caused the woman’s tirade to stop prematurely and looking up, she took notice of several dangerous stalactites directly above. Maria cringed and stepped back a few paces before glancing back down at Eustace.

“Hey kid..” she muttered tensely, “..what are you waiting for? Ya have a deathwish or something?”

It was at that moment that lightening struck just outside the cave’s entrance. Jagged flashes bounced off a few minerals within the hollowed recess, the relfection of which happened to gleam off Maria’s belt buckle; its twinkle bouncing dimly off the ground near Eustace. Time seemed to slow as the beauty realized that the treasure was right in front of her.

“WHY YOU LITTLE…DID YOU SET A TRAP??? Well it’ll take more than THAT to stop Maria Bosetto!”

She lunged forward to wrestle the pick ax from the boy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

hunterant
Member Avatar

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Total Rewards: 1 SP, 1 RP, 100,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
Good writing as always, just a shame it's incompete.
--Comments to the Roleplayer--

Nothing more to add.

Scion with Eustace
--IC Notes--
I was enjoying seeing Eustace's antics, and I think it could have been a really fun a adventure with the group and Gon's narration..

N/A

Momken with Lubbock
--IC Notes--
Nothing much more to add beyond what has been said to others. I think this thread had the potential to be a lot of fun..

N/A

This topic has gone incomplete and has been closed for one of a number of reasons:
  • One or more posters has gone inactive for a long time.
  • At the thread creator's request.
  • Site staff have deemed this thread has broken site rules.

Rewards will still be given (except in the final case) but this thread is over.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Republic of Padokia · Next Topic »
Locked Topic