Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[Incomplete]Soft Friend: If Only I Met You Sooner
Topic Started: Oct 7 2016, 09:38 PM (279 Views)
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Motto's Stats for this Thread

Motto stood back and admired the small shelter he made. A couple of good sturdy branches that still had all their leaves intertwined nicely and up against a sizable tree trunk. He knew damn well he’d probably end up out in the open closer to the fire and under the stars, and chuckled a little at his own foolishness only to stop and swivel quickly; his shoes digging into the soft earth.

Posted Image

He heard something. A deliberate movement in the forest. Normally Motto wouldn’t be so alarmed but he had a feeling that he was being followed earlier too. Something pretty large.. bigger than a feathered deer for sure. Motto didn’t know what to make of it, but now that it was dark his concerns were a bit higher.

Carefully, he stepped away from his camp fire and widened his stance. Motto breathed in and out and extended his aura out as far as he could.. which wasn’t much these days. What the hell could it be? Why was it taking it's damn time? Motto's nerves were on edge and sweat trickled down his neck. He needed to calm down and focus if he wanted to live.

He could smell the burning wood, at least two kinds of trees and three flowers.. the berries he’d eaten earlier, their scent was still lingering somehow.. maybe he’d wiped his mouth with a sleeve? He couldn’t quite smell whatever it was that had made the sound. Maybe it was just a rabbit, but he couldn’t shake the feeling that it was the same thing he’d felt before. Something intelligent.. and mysterious. He listened intently but only heard the hissing logs and crackling fire, the chirping frogs, buzzing dragonflies, and soft winged owls. A squirrel was scampering somewhere above him too, but Motto wanted to know the source of the larger sound.

It could be one of those oversized spiders he saw a few times, but he didn't have the same feeling.
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Jan 22 2017, 10:41 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fluffy Moth
Member Avatar

The brush rustled softly, unnaturally, somewhere hidden from the dim glow of the campfire. Some kind of animal, perhaps? It didn't seem to be... the sound was far too gradual and slow to be a scared rabbit, and much too loud to be caused by calmer movements of rodents and lagomorphs. No, it was larger than that. Perhaps the size of a dog, or even a person. A deer? A deer would have run off long ago, and would not take the time to wait so silently amongst the shrubs. Waiting as if stalking prey, readying itself to pounce.

A flicker of orange light from the fire pierced the leaves and trees that concealed the creature, briefly illuminating but a silhouette of its form. Nevermind a person, that outline was much too broad to have been from any kind of typical forest carnivore. A wolf would have been much closer to the ground. Which could only mean... a bear?! Did such large animals really live in this area? If something like that had the camping boy in its sights, he was going to be in for a whole lot of trouble.

But there was something... off, about this bear. If the boy were to listen closely, he would hear a rather high-pitched and muffled breathing that hardly seemed fitting for something like a bear. The fire just barely illuminated some kind of brown, mottled pattern amidst the branches, and its shape was beginning to look more and more like... well, something else. This was the mysterious Aijen continent, so was it some kind of majyuu or dangerous beast?

The call of a bird sounded from somewhere nearby - suddenly, alongside a frightening shriek, something leaped out of the bushes and pounced right at the boy! The flames revealed flashes of something insectile, with large wings and powerful segmented limbs. If he didn't react in time, he'd get clawed to death by this unknown monstrosity!

...or not. That "pounce" had really been more of a crash, one that held very little impact and was far more likely to just send the creature tumbling onto the ground before the boy. Sprawled out on the floor, and illuminated by the fire, he would be able to get a much better view of the creature... if it could even be called that. Rather, it was quite clearly humanoid! Long legs, a lithe torso, opposable thumbs... plus quite the adorable, panicked-looking expression on a face that could be easily identified as that of a rather cute young lady. Actually, on second glance, a few more things could be picked up on - pleasantly wide hips, narrow waist and shoulders, alongside something of a bulge in the chest area. The pretty creature was apparently female, if those features were anything to go by. Actually, if not for the creamy-brown pattern across her and the exoskeleton that covered parts of her body, she would have been all but indistiguishable from a human female! Well, that and the feathery antenna atop her head, alongside a set of papery wings that quivered on her back. Looking back, perhaps that shriek had been more of a girlish yelp than a battle cry?

The insect-girl slowly looked up, her eyes widening when they caught the boy in their gaze. She hastily reshuffled herself into more of a sitting position, holding out her hands with her palms showing. "W-wait! I'm not going to attack you!"
Edited by Fluffy Moth, Oct 10 2016, 06:14 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Motto could hear the creature’s breath and his sharp eyes detected the brief glimmer of something in the trees. Hairs standing up even moreso on the back of his neck, the Hunter squared his shoulders and tensed. It was probably sizing him up.. ready to go for the kill. He hadn’t faced off against a large beast in a while and his apprehension was growing steadily. Just how intelligent was this thing? Was it a pack hunter?? Maybe this was some kinda set up and the real threat was behind him!!!

Motto spun around protect himself only to go down hard as a shrieking beast struck his back. A mouthful of dirt was the least of his worries as the raven did his best to twist around in order to fend off his attacker. Much to his surprise a petite female was there and panicking somewhat. This cute little thing was the monster? Blinking rapidly as he took in her appearance and non-threatening behavior Motto spit the soil off his lips and felt his heart rate decrease a little.

She was some kind of magical beast… a talking one and.. so light! How the heck did she manage to knock him down? Sheesh he was seriously far from the skilled Hunter he had once been..how embarrassing. But the small insect girl looked so frightened that Motto set aside his own humiliation and grinned.

Posted Image

“Cool.”

The grit in his teeth gave Motto’s smile a comical look. Propping himself up on his elbows he continued,

“You’re lady bug. Haha. I never met one before.”
His expression shifted to one of concern. “How come ya came at me like that? You scared of somethin’?”

Golden eyes quickly scanned the tree line behind the new visitor.
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Oct 12 2016, 03:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fluffy Moth
Member Avatar

The creature stared blankly at Motto for several seconds, apparently taking a moment to actually recognise the pun that had been made. Even when she did process it, it was more with disregard and a somehow complicated expression of uneasiness. It passed quickly, her focus once again shifting back to defending herself from potential retaliation of the individual she had rather weakly assaulted. That weakness was also why her defence came mostly in the form of words, which she hoped might persuade the person against hitting her back. As he had no doubt already noticed, she was very light and just as fragile, so it wouldn't take much effort to swat her away if he so desired.

"That is... I..." A red tinge crept across her cheeks after she began to realise that she did not appear to be under any threat of attack, her thoughts going back to why exactly she had jumped forward in the first place - because a nearby bird had startled her. She wasn't about to just admit she had been scared because of something like that! "I-It's nothing! I, uh... I was scaring off a... a wolf! No, a bear!"

Even if she did not appear human, surely claiming to scare off a bear was a bit too much? She cleared her throat, somewhat awkwardly standing up and consequently showing off her lack of significant height. It seemed she had expected herself to be much closer to eye-level with Motto, her gaze climbing up from his chest and showing a hint of irritation once it finally reached his eyes. "W...what are you doing all the way out here at this time, anyway?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

The soft stammering voice brought Motto’s attention back to the small visitor. She was blushing and spouting off some kinda lie…for reasons the Hunter could only guess. He got to his feet after the lady bug stood and looked down at her red eyes.

“Well. I..” Motto blinked a few times. The female’s expression and tone suggested that she might be angry with him. The Hunter wondered if perhaps she really had attacked him only to realize he was too big or maybe she was gauging her strength. The raven slipped his hands into the back pockets of the denim pants he typically wore and relaxed. Motto’s body would send a message that he was no threat, so that maybe she would feel more at ease. It was best to communicate without words in these kinds of situations, but since she was a speaking creature he could do both. “…I’m just enjoying this forest. I uh… spent some time in the city and now I’m taking a little break.” Motto’s smile was a bashful one. Truthfully he was less social in his adulthood and preferred the company of animals over people. Motto had yet to come to terms with his loss of strength and ability he treasured as a teen. The wilderness soothed the former Pro Hunter’s troubled heart and he continued to find his way back to the woods every three months or so.

The lady bug’s anxiety was clear, and maybe there was a way he could help.

“I’m Motto.” He smiled warmly and cocked his head to the side. “It’s ok to tell me…whatever it is you’re worried about. I’m a Hunter.” The raven’s expression faltered. “But not the Hunting kind! Well I do hunt but not you. I hunt for… well .. creatures and animals.. but I also help humanity.” Motto’s stance widened as he awkwardly continued to explain.

“I’m a nice Hunter. You know? A good one. Do you know anything about Hunters?” Oh man he was rambling. Probably confusing the poor thing. Biting his lip, Motto made another attempt to lighten the mood.

“So you have wings. Can ya fly?”

Posted Image
Edited by Gon.Pro.Hunter, Oct 25 2016, 04:54 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paradox
Member Avatar

Gon.Pro.Hunter/Motto
Total Rewards: X SP, 4 RP, 75,000 Jenni

Fluffy Moth/Iku
Total Rewards: X SP, 4 RP, 75,000 Jenni
Edited by Paradox, Mar 20 2017, 03:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paradox
Member Avatar

This topic has gone incomplete and has been closed for one of a number of reasons:
  • One or more posters has gone inactive for a long time.
  • At the thread creator's request.
  • Site staff have deemed this thread has broken site rules.

Rewards will still be given (except in the final case) but this thread is over.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Sibitzu Island · Next Topic »
Locked Topic