Stats

Mission Forum

Misc. Info

Non-Nen Techniques

Nen Guide

Nen System

Current News

Hullo World!

It seems the spring has brought us not just a wave of good weather, but also a shower of great new changes to the site. On top of our Spring Appreciation and Mothers Day Letters events, which will run through the season, but we also have a number of equally awesome changes and shops for all you lovely folk, from our equally awesome and lovely staff.

It seems a mysterious shot has opened on the edge of town. Specializing in what were once only seasonally available items, the Events Shop will let players exchange their hard earned Event Tokens for magnificent items ranging from magma weapons, to speacity cookbooks, to a fan item representing some of the sites strongest characters. As a special Celebration of the stores opening, all members who post in the celebration thread will receive a special bonus, so make sure you check it out before time runs out!

Within the workings of your roleplay here, make sure you check out the newest section of the Misc. Info section of the rule book, Creative Freedom and You This section outlines the sort of freedom players have here at HxHRPG and the varying types of adventures one might find in a thread.

Saving one of the best for last, the Hunter Exam Hunter Exam system has been fully revamped. What was once a fairly large and very lengthy system, is now a much more direct and streamlined adventure for the characters who want to test their own mettle in becoming some of the select few who call themselves Hunters.

While that’s it for now, there are a few more massive projects coming down the pipeline soon, including the much anticipated Group/Faction System, and some changes to the Nen System!

~ :)Westborn ~

Posted Image

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fall Appreciation 2016
Topic Started: Sep 30 2016, 09:37 AM (1,105 Views)
:)Westborn
Member Avatar
The Most Responsible Adult in your Living Room

Its that time of year again, where pumpkin is put into an infuriating number of things it doesn't belong in, and I can finally jam myself into a hoodie and not die of heat exhaustion. And, with the passing of the seasons also comes our seasonal show of appreciation to everyone that on the boards. Short of coming to each of your houses personally and giving you a hug, we'll be giving out a new set of Fall Appreciation rewards. 3 SP, 500,000 Jenni, 7 RP, and 3 Event Tokens for everyone.

While it's not required to collect your reward, and I'm feeling sentimental (or at least some kine of mental) post your favorite HxH RPG memory here. Be it a part of your favorite thread, a moment in chat, or a piece of a Hatsu you're particularly proud you created!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Conjurer
Member Avatar
Cogito ergo doleo

I am sorry, but I can't resist posting this here, although it was written before I joined. I have bookmarked this and it always manages to crack me up. I also love Minecraft, one of the longest running threads on this site (it was started in 2014 - and how much my writing has changed since then!). I have spent hundreds of memorable hours in chat, in deeply insightful conversations - with people from all over the world - that made me change my mind about many issues. I enjoy long philosophical conversations with kenichihd (we are going to read Hume, and no, I haven't read that T.S. Eliot poem yet), I am immediately hooked whenever Asylum reveals plans for a storyline, I've had so many interesting talks with Pyriz, I love your laid-back attitude, Westborn, and there are so, so many other memories those hours in chat and PM with this community's members (including some who have left - Alder and Margrae, you may not read this, but I so enjoyed talking to you) that I can't share them all here. I witnessed many incredible moments, such as Asylum cursing (!), and was fooled by a running gag about our beloved administrator's gender for too long, but I cannot pick a favourite moment. I am looking forward to many, many more stories and conversations that I shall be pleased to share with you <3.
Edited by Conjurer, Oct 16 2016, 02:30 PM.

Conjurer
Member Avatar
Cogito ergo doleo

Also, the sensation of staying up late (because timezones suck, and everyone lives in America), reading the narrator's post and replying to the mission immediately afterward. Ah, that feeling of dread and antecipation and few seconds of hesitation before clicking on the thread (did I screw up this time?)! And the furious re-reading and re-reading of posts, searching for clues and understand the narrator's foreshadowing (investigative threads rule!), and the feeling of creating a new character, a new technique, a new hatsu, a new weapon! And the feeling of working with our amazing staff to create a new system, with everyone brainstorming, and discussing, and nitpicking every detail, and identifying every possible loop and issue, and proposing elegant solutions, and having no qualms about abandoning older ideas for new, better ones!

And there's also the PvP. I hope we're going to see this more often in the future, with Heaven's Arena, since there are a lot of match-ups I am really looking forward to (did I heard Lance vs Calvin, and Kenneth vs Aiza?!). And there's the amazing Hunter x Hunter world, a world full of possibilies, of potential, of stories untold - a world, I daresay, very much like our own!
Edited by Conjurer, Sep 30 2016, 01:56 PM.

Asylum
Member Avatar
Prone to Madness

When I joined back in early 2011, the site had a whopping three active members as I recall - Zeph, NoobCW, and Razkal, and no active admins. The memory of working with Zeph (a gmod at the time) and Noob to get the site ready for release is probably one of the ones that stick out the most for me. If I had to mention a sad moment, it would have to be Zeph's sudden disappearance some four years ago, and then Noob's more recent departure.

Overall, I've always been one to put more time into narrating for others than actually roleplaying with my own characters - which I'd say is regretful, but in the end my brain is just always filled to the brim with awesome (or, I'd like to think) storylines I want to share with others. Besides my love of the site and the friends I've made here, it's probably my desire to tell all these storylines that keep me here. My biggest regret is that I just haven't had the time to stay around as long I'd like to recently, though it's my goal to fix that.

There's a lot of great threads I've been in or read over the years, but one that stands out to me as of this moment I suppose would be Kerum's Bootcamp.

MomKen
Member Avatar
Margrae is the greatest and that's a fact... Jack!

My favourite moment? Well I would have to go back to the year of 2016, I was in the Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament. I got through to the semi finals, I was up against a tough opponent, I won every single round and I completely stomped my last opponent *Cough* Pyriz *Cough*, and I earned my rightful place in the top 3. I will never let Pyriz forget that moment when I beat him in all three throws.

Get REKT kid!!

:^)
Edited by MomKen, Oct 8 2016, 04:37 PM.

Mindsofafeather
Member Avatar

Wohhooo Claiming!

As for memories, I really haven't been here proper long enough to have any good, stand out times... but its all been great so far c:

hunterant
Member Avatar

Favourite moment would probably be my most recent return, I still feel bad about leaving but my life has a habit of being hectic but I hope to make a lot of great memories here :)

Pandastein
No Avatar

Popsicle.

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Claiming. I thought long and hard about what to write and pretty much cried. Rather than posting it all, I think I may do something a bit different. It'll show up in your inboxes sometime this month.

Gon.Pro.Hunter
Member Avatar
I'm just here to RP

Posted Image

Click here to bake a pumpkin pie with Dorn.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Event Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply